Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bandit on Your Six

Time: 2100 Hours GST
Swoop: FAE/V-02 “Loralora” Interceptor Hyperswoop Craft

Tags: Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred

Once more into the fray.

Mermaid squadron’s sorties in Eternal Imperial space had gotten Eleena used to flying swoops over foreign skies, beyond the artificial atmosphere of the Scintilla. Yet now, they were even further from home in the Unknown Regions, having penetrated deep within the territory of the Mandalorian Union on a mission to gauge the full combat capability of the Sunset Strill mercenary gang via reconnaissance in force, prior to a potential assault on their base. Eleena was nervous, but having gained experience in flying over Junker City on Lotho Minor and over Bala’dahl on Pa’Desh, the diminutive Twi’lek was no longer the green rookie she had been before. She had earned the full respect and trust of her squad mates. The title of swoop ace only reinforced that, proving that she had not just gotten lucky in surviving her first sorties, but had done so through skill and daring.

Taking a final puff of her electronic cigarette, Eleena blew a massive plume of the pink bubblegum-flavored smoke out of her mouth before clipping the device to her utility belt. Then, with only a mental command, her suit’s auto-injectors shot a dose of adrenal into her bloodstream, the effects becoming immediately evident as her surroundings snapped into focus.

As a rookie, Eleena had sworn to herself that she would always fly clean. However, that promise had quickly collapsed when she had adopted the most distinct and incessant of her Trandoshan commanding officer's habits, his vaping.

“We get it Eleena.” Lilacasa Courser said. “You vape now. Gosh girl, you’re already worse than Bruz with that. Are all of you
EVCs this impressionable?” The red-haired woman finished, shaking her head as she took in the sight.

“I just like the taste of the smoke. It’s relaxing.” Eleena answered with a shy smile as she placed her helmet over her head and sealed it over her lekku.

“They all say that. Let’s hope you still fly like an ace after blowing all that smoke.”

“Thanks for the vote of confidence, Lila.” Eleena added with a playful wink, smiling before taking a seat on her swoop as the voice of her commanding officer hissed out over comms.

“Remember, Mermaidsss, we are only here to...kick the hornet’sss nessst. We will extract asss sssoon asss we have an assssssessssssment of their capabilitiesss.” Bruz said. “Underssstood?”

“Yes sir!” Eleena answered, giving her affirmative assent in effervescent chorus, before powering on her machine, the twin ion engines awakening from their slumber with a low vibration which had a distinctly stimulating effect on her body, the sensation resonating in her thighs as the safety harness snapped over her powerful legs. The engines gave a bestial roar as she revved them, warning the thrusters up in preparation for launch.

Only a few moments later, she was given the signal.

“Mermaid Nine, you are clear!”

Slamming the accelerator, Eleena’s swoop sped out of the hangar bay, leading into a dive through the lower stratosphere, then the troposphere, her machine punching through the first layer of clouds on the descent towards the base of the Sunset Strill...

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

DDcbYop.png

Tag: Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa | Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred
Equipment: In bio (not including vehicles)
Forces: x5 Nite Owl Commandos

The evening skies were browned with the smaug leftover by the empire's industrial hunger, Choking the setting sun from the air the way it would one's own lungs on this desolate planet. High among these contaminated clouds soared six figures, Exhaust and light trailing behind them like shooting stars in the evening sky.

::"Gold Lead to all; Does anyone have eyes on, Over?"::
The lead figure speaks into her comms. This was none other than Aloy Vizsla, The recently promoted commander of the Nite Owls and Alor of House Vizsla, Denoted by the handprint and starfighter-esque teeth painted in bold white on her helmet, And the cold blue glow of her ionic jetpack clashing with the golden hues of her five companions flying in a loose wedge formation behind her.
Despite her professional demeanor of the comms, She'd had just about enough of this military crap. The constant military lingo she was forced to use, The constant protocol and the hardass appearance she had to keep up. She hated every moment of it, All she wanted to do was blast something and then go enjoy a stiff drink and a day at the range with her love, But now wasn't the time. She had to keep the appearance for the Mand'alor, Who had a lot riding on her success and she had just as much riding on this reputation she'd garnered, As success here could mean more support for her fledgling paramilitary operation that her partner had dumped on her...

::"Gold 5, I have visual confirmation on the compound. Sending visual to your HUD in... Now. How copy?"::

They'd been deployed to capture one Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred , A self titled Dar'manda with ties to the Agents of Chaos, Allies who had aided the Eternal Empire who had in turn aided the Sith during the battle of Myrkr, And therefore earned the suspicion of the Mandalorian Union. Aloy herself had lost her leg to one of these "Agents of chaos" during a skirmish and had no love for the organization, Nor could she stomach Dar'manda meeting with or attacking gangs like the "Sunset Strill" so close to home. She had no love for these gangs either, But she'd deal with them soon enough. It was her personal aim to see mandalore clean of such filth, But it was her duty as commander of the Nite Owls to take him in for questioning, Or dead should he provide sufficient resistance. In addition, The CIS had placed a bounty on these agents Dead or Alive. Which made it all the more alluring to Aloy, An Ex-bounty hunter herself.

::"I see it. Open up a broadcast and move. Dive!"::

The Nite Owls throw all their weight forward at once, Sending the whole formation diving downward at break neck speeds towards the compound, Many preparing weapons of their own as Aloy began a proximity broadcast to all comms channels.

::"Jai'galaar! This is Aloy of House Vizsla, Commander of the Nite Owls, Acting under the Authority of the Mand'alor.. I am legally required to inform you that this is your one and only chance to surrender and come peacefully, Or face the consequences. You have ten seconds to reply or be considered hostile."::

::"You time starts... Now."::

xq1EAHk.png

Tag: Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla
Equipment: Armor, 2x CRP-01 Rim Cartridge Revolver (Particle, Ion, and Slug rounds)
Forces: A Strill.
Jai honestly didn't even know why he was here. He'd tried to avoid returning to Concord Dawn for so long.... He remembered why though as he heard a roar off in the distance.

"Just try not to push things too far." He quickly flipped his comes on, contacting EW-031 EW-031 . He'd come on the Cload Breaker, and hoped her old transponder would make his trip easier. Apparently she use to be called the Jack. Pretty fitting.

"No one's come knocking, right?"

"Nope. No one. I just wish you'd let me come. I have seen Concord Dawn since I was constructed."

"Stay. Put." He shut off the comm. He wasn't near the ship right now anyway. Instead he was at a ruin from the Battle of Concord Dawn. Images flashed of what he had seen in his time. He grabbed his head and tried to shake it off. He was about to get moving before he hard something come over comms.

"Jai'galaar! This is Aloy of House Vizsla, Commander of the Nite Owls, Acting under the Authority of the Mand'alor. I am legally required to inform you that this is your one and only chance to surrender and come peacefully, Or face the consequences. You have ten seconds to reply or be considered hostile."

"You time starts... Now."

Osik.... Somehow, he knew. He knew this would happen. He turned to the entrance of the building. He'd lost many of his friends, either to death or to pushing them away, he'd felt like he couldn't hold the mantel of a Mandalorian anymore. It was all coming back now. He looked at the Strill by his side, pointing to a window.

"Go. Just leave." He then hit his comms. "I'm coming." He then got up, slowly walking to the entrance of the ruined building. He wasn't wearing his Beskar'gam, or had his Trayc'kal. He'd locked them away a while ago. He now wore his newer armor, still with his Beskarweave cloak, and had a pair of secondhand Rim revolvers. He pulled them from their holsters, walking out slowly. He didn't make any move yet though. He just walked out, looking for the one who'd sent the message. He then looked down, seeing a Strill next time him.

"I thought I told you to leave."

The sound of air rushing past her ear cones filled Eleena’s auditory senses during her descent, the darkness limiting her visibility as her machine punched through the nighttime clouds, driving ever closer towards the surface as she did. However, in spite of the darkness, it didn’t take long for the first unidentified signatures to appear on her sensor readouts, indicating the presence of multiple jetpack signatures located almost directly below her position.

“I’m reading multiple jetpack signatures, unidentified!” Eleena said.

“They’re Sunssset Ssstrill.” Her squad leader answered. “Power on weaponsss and ssshieldsss!”

“Sir, are we sure? They might be a Union patrol. We’re still too high up to be detected.” Cida Pri said, the Kaminoan’s liquid voice taking on an undertone of doubt as her voice sounded out over comms.

“If it’sss a Union patrol, we’re in trouble anywaysss!” Bruz hissed. “We have our missssssion! Achieving our objective isss my resssponsssibility and we will execute it regardless of interference! Prepare for combat!”

With a deep breath, Eleena powered on her weapons and shields, focusing her attention on her craft’s sensors as the small group of signatures drew closer on her descent through the atmosphere.

It wouldn’t be long before she was directly on top of them.

Last edited:

DDcbYop.png

Tag: Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred | Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa |
Equipment: In Bio
Forces: x5 Nite Owl Commandos

::"Don't be late":: She says into the comms, Satisfied with Jai'galaar's response.

The galaxy always had a way to steal satisfaction from her however, And today was no different it seemed, As one of the commandos looked back only to see a faint signature on her HUD, Heading right for them.

:"Gold 4, Bogey on high.":

::"What?::"

::"Correction, Make that times three bogeys!"::

::"Split formation!"::

The entire formation splits up, Now the six mandalorians formed two seperate wedges of three commandos each, Both splitting off and headed in opposite directions now. ::"Gold 4, You are now red leader. Take your team and find Jai'galaar. Gold team will handle these Bogeys"::

Who the hell were these people? Had they been led into a trap? Impossible, Their intel was solid this time. Whoever these people were, They were in the right place at the wrong time, And that needed to be sorted Now.

::"Bandit on your six":: Gold 2's deep voice cuts in over Aloy's comms, Prompting her to look over her shoulder at the unidentified craft, Some kind of Airspeeder that was closing in fast.

Dammit! She had to fix this and get out fast.

::"Unidentified aircraft, This is Aloy of House Vizsla. You are interfering with official Nite Owl business under the authority of the Mand'alor. Cease and desist at once or you will be fired upon. State your business or leave now!"::

A bit more aggressive than she was usually, But the untimely arrival of unidentified and seemingly hostile craft had put her on edge. Already she was preparing to utilize her jetpack's flare dumps or unleash whistling birds on her potential attackers...

This was about to be the dogfight of her life

xq1EAHk.png

Equipment: Armor, 2x CRP-01 Rim Cartridge Revolver (Particle, Ion, and Slug rounds)

Jai walked slowly, trying to figure out where he was supposed to go before hearing swoops come closer.

"No no no. Turn back you nerf herders." It was to himself, but it was how he thought. The Dar'manda walked slowly to where he figured the Nite Owls were, hearing jetpacks now. Great. He looked up, soon thinking that he spotted who he was looking for. He eyed the Strill again, sighing.

"You're not leaving are you?" The creature just looked up, and Jai could tell the answer. He sighed, continuing to walk. Then he came a little closer and spoke up.

"You who I'm looking for?"

In detecting the formation of jetpack warriors within close proximity and coming on top of one of them, Eleena did not stay on her mark’s ( Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla ) six for long, opting instead to convert potential energy into kinetic energy by driving her swoop down towards her “target” to initiate a simulated “boom and zoom” attack run before coming back up in a climb, thereby converting her reservoir of kinetic energy back into potential energy, in the form of altitude. However, she did not open fire on the Mandalorian yet, having not yet received the authorization to do so from her commanding officer.

“Uhh, Bruz, do you wanna take this call? I don’t think they’re Strill and I’m not sure I’m really qualified to speak to...” Eleena spoke over the open comms, allowing the Mandalorians to hear her as well, her voice a demure soprano in stark contrast to Aloy’s confident alto.

In her short career, Eleena had never engaged a Mandalorian before, especially one with a jetpack that could feasibly tangle with her swoop in the air. While the adrenal flowing through her system eliminated most potential distractions stemming from anxiety or malaise, the diminutive Twi’lek was keenly aware that this woman could present a unique challenge, one that she was not guaranteed to survive.

In short, Eleena was nervous.

Nevertheless, as she spoke, Eleena pushed her swoop in anticipation of a dogfight, driving her machine up in a climb in order to seize the altitude and energy advantage over her opponent. While her machine was highly maneuverable for a craft of its size, it wouldn’t match the inherent agility and turning performance of an individual on a jetpack, due largely to the fact that swoops tended to weigh more than armored soldiers. Even so, with her shields and electronic warfare systems, she anticipated a strong defensive advantage on her end, but that was not guaranteed with an enemy like this.

“Interfering? Dare I sssay that you are alssso in interference with ‘official’ Agentsss of Chaosss businessssss, Aloy of Houssse Vizsssla?” Bruz began, his tone taking on an uncharacteristically sarcastic aspect as the words were hissed from his reptilian snout. “Our busssinessssss is fighting criminalsss. Or were you and your Owlsss jussst now about to do something about them, while we were in the area?”

Last edited:

DDcbYop.png

Tag: Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa | Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred |
Equipment: In bio

::Bandit is boom and zooming you::

::I see it!~:: Aloy is taken aback suddenly by the bandit's chatter over the comms, Noting the lack of confidence in the female voice she heard, Watching her craft suddenly tilt upward right above her head.
Nevertheless, She had a job to do, And would see her mission through.

She slows down just enough to make the swoop craft overshoot her, And then move in on her six... ( Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa )

::Listen Trandoshan, You're in mandalorian space. I'm sure you're used to calling the shots where you come from, But 'round these parts, I am the law. These folks are breaking the law, Therefore I have been dispatched to repair the link. You can either let me do my job or I can fix you too::

Normally she was friendlier with folks than this, But outsiders telling her what to do in mandalorian space? That wasn't gonna fly, And neither would they if she had anything to say about it.

Meanwhile, A trio of Nite Owl commandos landed atop various buildings around Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred , Keeping their distance, Though most had weapons trained on his general position.

::We've arrived, Preparing to take in the target::

xq1EAHk.png

Jai continued walking before he heard the jetpacks. He looked around at the Nite Owls, before tapping his comms.

"Get out of here. EW. That's an order." He would then completely shut that comm channel off, ensuring there wasn't a return signal to track. He'd look at the Mandalorians around him, pistols still in hand as he lifted his hands up. Having weapons maybe wasn't the smartest move, but he also didn't want to be killed. Hopefully they wouldn't shoot. His cloak caught a breeze as he looked at them, slowly moving a hand back down to pull the cover away from his face.

"So.... How do you want to do this?" He continued to eye all the Owls, still suspicious of what would happen here. He was sure they were confused by him at this point. Being so willing to just give up. It was time for him to pay his due though. He'd lost his friends.... His family.... His ability to see himself as anything but a dar'manda.... It was time now.

Last edited:

Having converted her kinetic energy back into potential energy in transitioning into a climb from a dive, Eleena already had more than enough speed to fly past her target, which was further augmented by the fact that the Mandalorian seemed to have intentionally slowed down. Taking a brief glance behind her, Eleena watched as the jetpacker turned to follow her climb, keeping track of the bandit’s progress on her sensor readout as she did. The jetpacker was fast, but they had compromised much of their kinetic energy in slowing down prior to engaging in an ascent, allowing Eleena to pull away due to her present advantage in speed.

Even so, Eleena would have to time her next maneuver to exacting precision in order to survive the fight.

“Courssser, Pri, and Lexi, you three go after the Strill. Maybe put some bodies between usss and the Owlsss. Eleena and I will handle the three jetpacksss.” Bruz ordered over the squad’s private comm channel.

“Got it sir. We’ll go poke the nest. Good hunting you two.” Lexi answered as she broke her swoop away, driving her bike in an aggressive dive towards the base, accompanied by the two Mermaids who had been ordered to follow after her.

“You know what to do, Eleena. Maneuver and engage your target, when you are ready.” The Trandoshan added, giving Eleena all but a blank check to dictate the terms of the fight.

“Understood, lieutenant.”

DDcbYop.png

E V A D E

Gold 2; ::Gold 1, Bandits are splitting, 3 Making for the target::

::"Dank farric! Gold team, Kill the mouthy trandoshan first. This one's mine. Engage, Engage!"::

Gold 2 and 3 immediately cease their distant trailing of Aloy and begin rising straight up, Both headed straight for Buz. Aloy herself adjust's course, Headed towards the clouds at an angle while keeping facing Eleena, Pulling down her rangefinder to achieve a long range lock to keep target data streaming to her HUD and prepare her for later. She had to plan this carefully and act quickly, Else this might be her first and last dogfight...

::"Red team, Three bandits inbound, Advise you find cover, Over and out"::

Okay birdie, Show me what you can do...

Without warning, Her Ramikad jetpack roars to life in a flash of blue as her ionic boosters kick in, Carrying her at the speed of a TIE-fighter towards the clouds as she draws her particle carbine, Ready to initiate the duel, If only she can draw her opponent into the clouds, Then she might have the advantage here...

xq1EAHk.png

The dar'manda looked at the Mandalorians around him, the sounds of the battle racking at his brain. It brought back so many memories. The battles. The things that happened. That he did. That he never told the others. What he did for information. And the line he crossed fighting the Sith. He looked at himself for a second, not sure what to do now. The memories just kept flooding back. He eyed the ground, not wanting the other to see, but he couldn't help be keep remembering, and his face showed it.

"No.... No! Just... stop it!" He was reminded again why he wasn't willing to be called a Mandalorian anymore. He... he couldn't....

Not a shot had been fired by either side, and yet, Eleena could immediately sense that the duel in the air had already begun.

Eleena glanced back as the jetpacker picked up speed, quickly compensating for their initial disadvantage in energy with maximum power. All the while, she noticed her Trandoshan commanding officer as he pulled his swoop into a series of hard and demanding maneuvers, engaging the other two Nite Owl jetpackers in a turning battle, in an effort to establish an advantageous firing position. Turning back around, Eleena pushed the ion jet drives on her machine harder, feeling their power vibrate between her thighs as she sped into the clouds, presumably with the jetpacker hot on her tail.

From there, the diminutive Twi’lek didn’t waste a moment, taking advantage of the lapse in visibility to activate her craft’s full spectrum distortion projector in an attempt to break up her exact position on sensors. At the same time, the gas dispensers on her craft opened up, diffusing a thick cocktail of nagnol gas within the clouds that would potentially further obstruct any attempts to pinpoint Eleena’s exact location.

Pulling her swoop into a Split S, Eleena executed the maneuver as the cocktail continued to diffuse from the dispenser, hoping to disperse the gas within the clouds in order to hopefully confuse the jetpacker even more. However, knowing that she couldn’t afford to linger in the clouds for much longer, Eleena drove her craft into a descent, shutting off her distortion projector and nagnol gas dispensers as she did, while praying to the Dark Lady that she had done enough to delay the jetpacker for at least a few seconds.

DDcbYop.png

D O G F I G H T

One after the other, The two pilots Immediately shot into the clouds, Leaving empty tunnels like bullet holes through the mist as they entered, Quickly losing one another in the fog-like covering of the skies.
It wasn't long after that Aloy's targeting computer suddenly flickered, Tracking sporadically through the clouds in no particular direction before flashing red.
Damnit! She must have been jammed.

To make matters worse, She couldn't see through these clouds. Her temporary advantage had just been turned on her and now she she couldn't see chit!

But, She could still hear...

Aloy's thrusters suddenly come to a stop, Powered on just enough to keep her hovering there in the clouds, The low hum of her ionic jets barely audible over the sound of her target's own thrusters, Which steadily became louder and louder to her as she twisted a knob on the side of her helm, Turning her audio-receptors higher so she could listen for her target. Soon enough, Her tooth-marked face-plate turns gently towards the source.

Right. Below. Diving!

Her neural-linked jetpack suddenly cuts out, Sending her into a rapid descent out of the clouds like she'd done during so many halo insertions prior. Soon enough, She catches sight of her target mid dive, Throwing all her weight forward to match that dive before kicking on her jets again, Activating the boost to send herself back to the speeds of a starfighter as she takes aim, Leading the target by aiming just ahead of the swoop craft and then beginning to fire round after round of hot particle beams from her carbine, All while re-locking with her rangefinder.

B E L O W

The situation below wasn't so good either. Red lead's HUD began to flash vital signs as Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred 's heart rate suddenly spiked, Prompting her to hand signal her fellow owls as they leapt down from their platforms assisted by jets, All landing around Jai with weapons trained on him, Something that might have done more harm than good in hindsight.

<"Jai'galaar? Can you hear me?"> Red lead says, A mixture of worry and uncertainty in her voice.

<"Lead, This is a waste of time. Bandits are inbound, Let's drag his shebs out and go!"> Red 3 grumbles, His visor still trained on the skies in search of the 3 mermaids they'd been warned of.

<"Have a heart 3, Something's wrong with him"> Red 2, The youngest girl on the team, Seems unimpressed with the situation thus far.

<"2, 3, Cut the chatter. Jai, We're moving"> Red lead puts one hand gently on Jai's shoulder, Trying to guide him towards one of the buildings where they might have some form of shelter at least.

xq1EAHk.png

Objective: Actively Engaging Nite Owl Bandits

For less than a split-second, Eleena caught sight of the jetpacker in the clouds, her eyes latching onto the Mandalorian as she zoomed past, leaving the bandit in the clouds as the jetwash from her swoop’s ion engines created a cascading turbulence in her wake. Even so, the disparity in energy and speed between her swoop and the jetpacker was still too great to be of immediate concern. While the jamming had prevented Eleena from keeping track of the jetpacker’s position in the clouds, based on the disparity in speed, she deduced that the Mandalorian had done something that had sapped away most, if not all of their energy.

Whatever the bandit had done, it had given Eleena the delay she needed to make her next move.

A quick glance at the sensor readout on her HUD was all Eleena needed to establish the positions of Bruz and the two other Nite Owl jetpackers. In response, the diminutive Twi’lek pushed her machine into a steeper descent, punching out of the clouds not a second later, seemingly emerging from thin air almost directly on top of the Trandoshan’s location as he engaged the other two Nite Owls in a dogfight. Almost immediately, Eleena angled her swoop in an aggressive pure pursuit on the closest Nite Owl jetpacker before opening fire with a single mental command to deliver a salvo of five energized bolts from her machine’s particle cannons, each of which were aimed to potentially strike at the jetpacker’s chest in what Eleena hoped would be a devastatingly effective ambush strike...

Jai was still looking down, and he strill had seemed to pick up on what was going on too.. It started to become protective, and rubbing up against the dar'manda. He panted, looking around before seeing the guns trained on him, and instinct kicked in. The man pointed his pistols at 2 and 3, but his hands were shaky. He was breathing heavily. A certain fear was in his eyes. It wasn't the fear that someone would get from just being at gunpoint. It was... different.

When he finally felt the hand on his shoulder, Jai tensed, but seemed to realize what was happening. He looked at his hands, slowly lowering them and sliding the pistols back into their holsters.

"Moving? O-ok."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom