Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Balance Rest Ye Merry Imperials | FO Dominion of Crytal Nest

maNFa9E.png

Auteme Auteme // Elisea Korrado // Nylea Apollodor Nylea Apollodor
BlwFtWb.png

"We should have something like this,"
"When the time comes, I think we'll need it."

"I'd hope we'd decide when that time is. I don't like your reactive tone, dear."

While the arrival had been pleasant, Brama's eye was drawn down the promenade. The First Order had done a good job installing the structure

"Hi there, I'm Research Chief Elisea Korrado, this is my colleague Engineer Paulo Andrade, and a good friend to the First Order, Nylea Apollodor."

"Good to meet you, both, thank you for your partnership and extending such hospitality to all those in need." Brama nodded gently in direction to the research chief and her partner, and another tilt of her head in the direction of the Jedi. A semi-amused grin graced her thin lips "A good friend of the First Order's a long title, Nylea. I'm sure the story is even longer."

I'm travelling without my usual fanfare today, swapped up my aid for a Jedi. Bit of an upgrade, but he's better at introductions."
That grin turned back into something more amused and she gently waved a hand in Auteme's direction. "Brama Tagge, of Tepasi.

My, the setup here looks well enough. Sustainable. Certainly, a pivot though from the last time we were in the same halls.

How can we best help today? We’ll follow your lead."

Last edited:

Ariadne Gallaer

A
1rCWCne.png
Ariadne felt like she needed to wipe her feet, but there was nothing to wipe them on. She lifted one foot, then the other, examining her boots for any traces of mud. Once she was satisfied that her feet were clean, she stepped onto the ramp and climbed aboard, making her way into the cargo hold. She kept her distance from the man in fine clothes, as if her mere presence might sully them. Based on her experience in their harrowing journey across the galaxy, Her black eyes followed along as the man described what was in each of the columns before her eyes returned to him.

She flushed as he held up some kind of stuffed critter with big ears. It was so simple an item. They should be able to provide them for the children in the refugee settlement, but they had been so focused on keeping the ships running and feeding everyone that small luxuries like this had fallen by the wayside. "The kids will be pleased," she said matter-of-factly, her gaze returning to the Senator.

"Thank you, Senator Du Couteau," said Ariadne, her accented tongue almost tripping over the fancy name. She felt like she should bow, so she did, and upon straightening offered her own name. "It is an honor to meet you." She took the data-slate carefully and studied it for a few moments, looking up when he inquired as to her status. "Me? Don't represent anybody. Came here on a refugee ship when the Bryn'Adul burned my homeworld. Kesh," she said, in case it wasn't obvious from her amethyst flesh. She offered the dataslate back to him gingerly. "They tell me I'm a prospective citizen -- might get homestead rights, whatever that is. But no, don't speak for them. Just trying to earn my keep, help in the camps."

She paused a moment, then cleared her throat and asked: "You want I should find you one of their officers? I don't mind."

Vhondryl Gallaer

V
1rCWCne.png
"I've seen a potato before, thanks," quipped Vhondryl with a sardonic tone as she then told one of the other refugees, "can you like, not hover?" Spicy, as her sister might call her, Vhon hated having people crowd her. It was just one of the many reasons she hated being in the kitchen. She peeled the potato, or protato if you're from the Core Worlds. She took in a deep breath and exhaled not tryin'a start today. Vhon was fairly convinced her kitchen duty was because of the fistfight she got into yesterday. The Keshiri had a quick temper about her and a mouth to go with it. Today's menu was nothin' fancy. Mashed potatoes, roasted bantha with some nice veggies courtesy of Dosuun, greens from the look of it.
"We even get a whole pie," she remarked under her breath. Vhon hated being here. She hated having to ask for help or get help, but it was here or nowhere. Here or be starving on the damn ship, splitting rations again. Their ship wasn't part of any official convoy but they were picked up and as much as she hated being in this position of basically being helpless. Vhondryl understood that this was just a start, a start. Everyone had to start over, but then she supposed at least we get to start over. Millions couldn't say that, those guys, were dead.
So there she sat, peeling potatoes as the other kitchen workers came in to chop them and prepare the bantha. "Beans to replace the meat, and tofu, for the vegetarians guys." Stated Vhondryl after overhearing an argument about alternatives, "it's not hard, after I get the potatoes done I can make alternatives, does anyone we're feeding have allergies?"
Vhondryl looked over her shoulder for a second to see someone shrug.
"You guys are fething useless." Vhondryl got up from her seat and practically gut punched one of them with her apron. "I'll go ask if anyone has an allergy that we should be aware of, or any other dietary concerns." Not every species could eat the way near-humans could.

Orc1lX1.png
Caulder inhaled deeply through his nose. To business then. How refreshing.​
"We share a similar outlook on war," he droned, stealing a glance towards the crowd. Shuffling dignitaries, avian functionaries; a confused Jedi, out of his element, practically clinging to a far wall. It was unlikely Crytal Nest would ever see such a crowd again. "It has long been my philosophy that where free and honest trade exists, the likelihood of armed conflict diminishes."​
"The Banking Clan is currently promoting the use of the Galactic Standard Credit as a standardized, international trade currency. To encourage commerce between disparate organizations, who may otherwise be discouraged by the prospect of a dozen different currency conversions."​
"I believe the First Order would benefit from the Galactic Standard Credit's use, as the Galactic Alliance presently does. And so I am here to suggest it."​
The Deputy Director grimaced a moment. A knot in the leg. His grip on his cane tightened, and he shifted his weight from one foot to another.​
"Humbly, of course."​

Elisea Apollodor

E
maNFa9E.png
It hadn't completely surprised Elisea that her fiancé had worked with the Galactic Alliance in the past. Nylea always went where people needed her help and that is what the Avalonian loved about her, her compassion. "Pleased to meet you both, and-" a small chuckle from Elisea, "yes, quite the pivot but a good one I should think." She motioned for the delegation to follow her as they walked from the promenade. "Construction supplies mostly, food, water, and electricity that we can handle, but we're in the middle of rebuilding several of the systems surrounding our home sector, so we're strained on construction materials."
They hadn't even completed the full reconstruction of cities within the home sector either. The First Order was certainly experiencing growing pains, but they would press forward as they always had. The Avalonian guided them to what would be the main residential district. At the moment it was all prefabricated pods arranged as neatly as possible. "We have a wide array of species that will be occupying this area, our main concern is ensuring they have all the habitational needs at their disposal, and down here," she stepped around the corner, "we've set up a school but we're still trying to figure out just where educationally, all the children are."
"We don't want this place to be filled with pods all the time, we do want to make this place feel as homely as possible," as it stood the First Order was in the middle of figuring out contingencies for where to place all the refugees. It was a good thing that they picked up several agriworlds recently. Elisea stopped beside a garden area between the school and the residential area and amended her statement thoughtfully. "We understand that this will never be the home that they all had but we just hope that in time it can be a new home, and we're very grateful to the Shashay for being so generous."
The hope behind the settlement is that it would grow into a beautiful seaside town. Engineer Andrade cleared his throat and looked at the delegation as he motioned for their walk to continue. "Everything we do here will be up to the standard of living that those in the home sector have and more, and we are hoping that the Galactic Alliance might have some experience in working with non-humans. A lot of the materials we have that did survive the Fall, are mostly on humans or near-humans." Essentially when it came to building homes for non-humans and those with different needs, it wasn't area the First Order knew well - but they wanted to. "As my colleague stated, we want everyone who comes here to feel as at home as possible." A pause between the words as he knew just as the Avalonian had stated, this place could never compare to home, not really.

H3e8iiy.png

Deep cover was always karked for your mental state.

You forget yourself in those depths.

Who you are, who you were, who you are supposed to be if you are really unlucky. It had been... weeks, right? Months? Either way, time was a weird thing, when it all blended together. He still remembered talking to Delilah Graham about this assignment. The First Order fractured, on the run, from internal and external pressure. Lizards up everyone's planetary arses. Bad times, bad days, but it all seemed to be looking up now. And here he was... still investigating those same lizards.

Part of that deep cover.

He was perched on the hill's ridge, eye stuck to the scope of his sniper rifle. There was movement on the Mountain, intel had been right on that account. Lizards had an operation here too. The last few months he had been tracking a lot of that. They'd set up shop here and there, make people disappear and then disappear themselves.

Why? That's what Crane was here to find out.

And maybe do some reconnecting. Graham forwarded him another report, about another field agent who was supposedly working the same op. He hadn't spotted Isobel Nakano yet, but that didn't mean chit.

While tracking the movement he was internally thinking about how that conversation would go.

If it did.

Messy? Probably. Very likely, in fact.

Isobel Nakano

I
H3e8iiy.png
It had been something of a hike. The speeders had only been able to take Isobel so far up the mountain before the rocky, steep terrain had stymied her progress. So she had had to climb. It took nearly an hour for her to make her circuitous route through the craggy terrain. She wore a warm coat of adaptive camouflage that let her blend into her surroundings -- standard issue for ever-changing environs or those with unknown or unpredictable climates. Isobel felt the chill as she ascended higher, the thinner air causing her to slow her pace a little. Even though she was in excellent physical condition, pushing too hard could result in dying on a strange mountain far from home, an outcome in which she was not the least bit interested.

Or worse; captured and enteched by Ssi-Ruuk Imperium partisans.

She reached a summit and perched on a rocky outcropping to catch her breath. She paused to take a sip from her hydration feed, and was preparing to get herself up and moving again when her datapad chirped. She sighed and pulled it out, pulling up the notification. Delilah Graham's cypher ran along the top to the message labeled: UPDATED ORDERS - EYES ONLY. When she read it, she could almost hear the woman's softly reassuring, poshly accented voice:

AGENT LOTUS,
HAVE CONFIRMED A FELLOW ASSET IS IN THE AREA. RECOMMEND RENDEZVOUS FOR INTELLIGENCE SHARING AND JOINT EFFORT. COORDINATES ATTACHED. REMEMBER YOUR ASSIGNMENT; REPORT BACK WHEN SSI-RUUK THREAT IS NEUTRALIZED. HAPPY LIFE DAY.
G

Isobel acknowledged the orders and drew up the map of the AO, pinning the coordinates. Delilah hadn't provided the code name of the operative that was operating nearby, but that wasn't unusual -- operational integrity and all. She suspected Dash or Shepard; they had worked together over the last several months enough that she was beginning to consider them, if not friends, then friendly. Isobel suspected that Shepard would find that offensive, but then again, that was part of her charm.

She tucked her datapad away and started moving again, climbing towards the ridge where, unbeknownst to her, Val Pellian Val Pellian lay in wait. A few minutes later, she pulled herself up onto the ridge, seeing a being with an eye to a sniper scope a little ways along the ridge. Best not to sneak up on a man with a gun, she thought. "Don't be alarmed," she said quietly as she scrambled to a squatting position a few meters from him. "Graham sent me. I'm Lotus," she said.

H3e8iiy.png

For a moment that figure got real tense.

Before noticeably relaxing, when her voice reached him and he recognized it. Isobel Nakano after all. At least Graham hadn't been full of it this time, would have been like her to lure him into a hornet nest with the promise of some honey. A few scenarios flew past him. How to handle it? They often said that the way you handle that first meet, well, it might as well determine the entire rest of the journey.

"Now, Lotus, is that any way to greet an old partner?" And there he tilted his face away from the scope to meet her eyes. It was dark, difficult to catch a good glimpse of her face all shadowy, but he didn't have to.

It was easy enough to let memories draw in the rest.

He rolled a little bit to the side. In that way giving Isobel room to check out the scope. "Not exactly the reunion I was thinking of, but then again, nothing quite happens the way we picture, hm?" Would she be angry? Could be, could be, it had been a rather unceremonious way he dropped out of view for such a long time.

That was the job, however.

Duty to the motherland et al, but would Lotus see it that way? More importantly would Isobel see it that way?

Isobel Nakano

I
H3e8iiy.png
Like hearing a song for the first time in years and being unable to place the melody, Isobel couldn't quite recognize the voice she was hearing, though it spurred a feeling like she was being picked up by her navel. She felt it, but she couldn't understand it, nor could she make herself understand it. Val Pellian. Her jaw dropped, her lips parting somewhat in abject surprise. Years it had been since they last crossed paths and in that time not a day had passed without her thoughts dwelling on him in some capacity or another.

She had longed for years to clap eyes on Pellian, if only to see that he was safe, and now here he was stretched out on the rocky ground of a strange planet. It was not how she'd expected it to go.

"I..." Isobel realized her jaw was still hanging, her mouth open like an idiot, and quickly she rearranged her features. "Graham didn't say," she murmured, half-turning as if to see if Graham herself was behind her. She took the opportunity to brush the beginnings of tears from her eyelashes, and willed herself to keep it together. When she turned back, she looked misty-eyed but no more emotional than that. "It's... it's good to see you, Crane."

She noted that he'd positioned himself to allow her to look through the scope, too. She knelt and then went prone, squinting with one eye as she placed the other against the scope. Isobel didn't know what she was looking at, or looking for, but she was glad of the chance to collect herself. How stupid was she? She'd thought about this reunion a thousand times, and now it was here, she could think of nothing valuable to say. Nothing clever. Nothing even passing as intelligible.

No contact for years might do that to a person. But regrettably, it didn't sever an emotional connection. It didn't protect one from pain and worry and insecurity and grief. Isobel sighed. She didn't know whether to kiss or kick him. She supposed he was just following the instructions: deep cover meant no contact, and while there were ways around it -- Isobel herself had used some during her time in the wilderness -- perhaps Pellian hadn't been able to use them. Perhaps he didn't want to. Isobel would be damned if she was going to ask now and look like a stupid, needy fool.

Business, then.

"Any sign of the scales?" she asked, returning the rifle to him and leaning up on one elbow to study him. He looked... like Val. She couldn't tell if he had new facial scars or wrinkles or if he looked just like the last time they met. In some ways it had been the blink of an eye and in others it had been a lifetime.

Renata Westaway

R
Orc1lX1.png
Renata's one good eye caught Dune's actions, and she assessed that the older gentleman might want some comfort. "I've been on my feet all day," said Renata genially. "Would you mind terribly if we took a seat?" She gestured towards a small conversation nook nearby, settled around a warm, glowing fireplace table. She led the way and took a seat opposite him, allowing the fire to warm her as she considered what he said.

"We're quite happy with our currency, the Sovereign," said Renata after a few moments' consideration. "There is something about a citizen of the First Order looking at their currency and seeing the face of their Supreme Leader that is... of value." She felt the need to explain this to the Umbaran because, if she was reading his character right, quaint concepts like morale and nationalism were probably of little interest or value to the man. They were not items on a spreadsheet, one couldn't make a table to show their benefits, but they were present nonetheless.

"But -- and take this as speculative interest and nothing more, as it not within my gift to make the decision for my government -- talk me through the benefits and how it would all work. Is there a way to accommodate the continued use of the Sovereign while participating in the Banking Clan's idealized international trade?"

Renata set her drink down and leaned forward, placing her hands near the fire for warmth. "How has the Alliance adapted to it? I suppose it may have been a boon to them, given their origins. Different governments -- well, I don't need to tell you," she said, offering the Umbaran a knowing smile.

if they're watching anyways

"It's good to see you again as well," she said, giving a smile to Nylea. It was a surprise that they recognized each other in the first place -- they'd met only briefly, a few years ago. A trip to the training rooms aboard the Peace was apparently long enough to make a lasting impression. Though Senator Tagge brushed over the subject, Auteme was quite curious about how Nylea had become a 'good friend' to the First Order. Her gaze turned the research chief.

"A pleasure to meet you, Ms Korrado. I am Auteme Denko-Durren, Jedi Knight and Senate Representative of the New Jedi Order." She managed to slip in her introduction after Brama. The Senator of Tepasi was a little more lively than the former Chancellor of her House; almost a sister to Chancellor Chandra in Auteme's mind. The woman was right. They would need to be active if they were to save and improve the lives of others.

She walked with the others, beginning the tour of the constructed area.

"I may be of some help," she said, slipping in after Elisea mentioned their lack of knowledge on non-humans. A ways hypocritical of her, given how they were all human or near-human. Auteme had the knowledge nonetheless. "That region of space -- the ones cut off from the Sith -- are dominated by the Calamari Sector and the Ash Worlds, as well as the bordering systems of the Tharin and Suolriep sectors. The Ash Worlds have a wide mix of immigrants, though primarily humans and near-humans. Twi'leks, Pantorans, Wroonians, some others. Further off there are Weequay, Gran, Nikto, even some Hutts. It's close to their historic space, so it makes sense. There's also the Chironians, the Tammarians, and the Gand, who all have their homeworlds in that region.

"As for the Calamari Sector... the genocides of the Sith wiped out most of the Mon Calamari themselves, but I don't doubt that some fled to nearby worlds. Along with them there are many Quarrens, Skakoans, and Gossams. It may be prudent to have buildings with methane-based air supplies, under high pressure, where the Skakoans don't need to be confined to their suits. An ammonia-filled area might comfort the Gand. For those that breathe, anyways.

"But this seaside settlement is ideal, I think. Close enough to the sea for the Quarren and Mon Calamari to be comfortable. I think the Tammarians might find it fascinating, too, given Tammar lacks standing water, and its atmosphere has very little oxygen, though they still breathe it."
She paused, reminding herself that she was there to learn.

On that note she decided to ask about the school. "Will you assign teachers from your worlds here? Or will you allow those with the expertise, from the refugees, to continue their profession?"

Vhondryl Gallaer

V
1rCWCne.png
Vhon had walked a good portion of the camp, had-done her best to avoid her sister Ariadne Gallaer which meant even going to the far side of it where the road started right by the beautiful sign that read, 'Welcome to Tyche.' The settlement's name, based on some Ancient Dosuunian goddess that meant prosperity. She passed the lone set of trees donated from Dosuun that meant to represent Life Day although she didn't think there was much to celebrate. Crytal Nest felt more like spring, at least this particular part of it did. The Keshiri had a datapad in hand as she collected information from the other refugees.
So far there were only a few dietary restrictions and complaints about the previous day's meals. With a bunch of near-humans running the kitchens, it was a wonder, she thought to herself. Vhondryl sighed as she looked out toward the sea this wasn't home, it wasn't Keshiri and it wasn't going to be a Life Day where her dad would hug his girls. Feth. Vhondryl felt a lump in her throat and slight pain in her chest, heavy with the grief that seemed to overwhelm her.
The woman high-tailed it back toward the kitchens taking the route that until now had gotten her away from her sister. The loading ramps, she could spot her sister a mile away out here, there weren't many Keshiri left to speak of. She could go and walk all the way back around but then Vhondryl figured to be a thorough person. So there she went and walked down the path with the front end of the settlement to her back and as she approached she noticed that her sister was talking to someone.
Someone not from around here or the First Order.
"Excuse me," Vhondyrl interjected, "my apologies if I'm interrupting I just wanted to check with Ariadne about any dietary restrictions the kitchens should know about." She flashed a polite smile toward the man's way ( Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau ).

1rCWCne.png
With senator Tagge's comment, Nylea couldn't help but chuckle a little. Being considered a friend to an imperial nation was the last thing she'd ever expected to happen, but life was a strange thing. "It is quite the story, yes," she remarked, a quick smiling glance cast towards Elisea. What mattered to her was that she was helping those in need, and it didn't matter under which banner it was. Having her fiancé by her side for it made it even more fulfilling.

"And I'm grateful for being able to work side-by-side with a fellow Jedi again," the echani added. She generally kept her own title to herself, but that wouldn't be necessary today. With most other Jedi tangled up in the various wars that were sweeping through the planets in the Tingel Arm, seeing one on this side of the galaxy had become a rarer sight.

Nylea then watched Elisea listen carefully to the wealth of knowledge Auteme shared. There was a lot to take in, but thankfully it was all going to be of use. While she listened along and tried to memorize as much as she could, it ultimately wasn't on her to put all of the information to use. She was here to help, but would leave the planning to those with the necessary skills.

The echani really did admire Elisea's flexibility in that regard.

Nima Vantoon

N
"Together everyone can help make a difference, from vetting the refugees to providing them a place to stay," remarked Ariel with a warm smile, she then inclined her head to agree with Agent Vantoon's sentiments. "I agree, it is good that we're fortunate enough to be able to open our doors like this. Indeed, the Bryn'adul are monsters and they pose a threat to every living being in this galaxy."

" 'Peace in our time'. Sometimes, I wonder if there's such a thing. It does seem like war is a natural state of our galaxy, for some reason", Nima mused aloud.

Ariel turned away from the tables and crossed the venue to lean against the railing. The treehouse offered a magnificent view of the woods surrounding them. "Oh, I know," returned Ariel with a cheeky smile, "I know." She had a few turns with the Director but enough to know that Vantoon was absolutely correct.

Nima couldn't 'see' the view, but with the Force she could see the diversity of life- the Nest was absolutely glowing with it. In her experience, there was a direct correlation between the how much life there was on the planet, and it's beauty. Her thoughts were derailed when heard what Ariel said. Slowly, her voiced laced with amusement and incredulousness, she echoed, "'You know'? That's surprising with you being- well, you." The OIS's efficient gossip mill had said that while The Director was who he was, he'd also made sure to effectively 'resurrect' himself, working hand in hand with the government for the first time since the Sacking of Dosuun. The thought of Mr. "Hell or High Water" colliding with Ariel Yvarro felt like the unstoppable force meeting the unmovable object.

"Mhmmm, then I'm quite glad my mother is nowhere in sight. Otherwise she'd be right next to you talking away about Rae Sloane."

"Grand Admiral Rae Sloane was and will always be my mother's hero," Ariel touched briefly on the historical figure's influence. "From the first day she left Galidraan until now, my mother has always looked up to her. There's not a biography, a holoflick or book that my mother doesn't own that describes the Grand Admiral."

The Foreign Secretary was glad that she and Agent Vantoon could start off on a better note this time.

"I'm sure if the Grand Admiral was around she'd keep things short and simple, but if you wanted to I could arrange for you to speak with my mother, the notorious, and infamous around these parts Fiolette Raaf. Although most here might remember her as Fiolette Yvarro." She recalled and set the glass of champagne down on a floating tray as the droids came by. Briefly a moment to herself to gather her thoughts and then Ariel added, "as far as policies, well, I'm sure you'll see them all in good time."

Nima smiled gently. She didn't know much of the infamous 'Iron Dragon'- just rumors and hearsay. "Well, if she's like you that certainly wouldn't be too terrible", she responded.

Ariel Yvarro

Last edited by a moderator:

"Didn't she?" A snort there, but it would explain Isobel's shocked expression.

Why would Delilah have done that?

For the kick of it, maybe. "Maybe she wanted it to be a surprise." Val shrugged, picking the most charitable option there, before glancing back on over to the mountain in the distance. Without the scope he couldn't see them. The scales, the damn lizards that had broken apart an Empire already under stress inside and out.

"Good to see you too, Lotus, wish it were under different circumstances."

He could practically see them in his mind-eye. Strange hackling movements, the noises they made for their communication, the coldness in eye. Sentient reptiles was the last thing you wanted to face.

"Yeah, a lot. Too much to handle with just the two of us." The rifle was accepted back and Val smirked her way. "Even if we are a killer duo." Looking through the scope once more, zooming into a specific beat. Lucky for them nobody was expecting them to clear out an entire mountain on their own anymore. This wasn't the hell aftermath where all the command structures had dissolved. Where everyone had to fight for their own survival. They had actual back-up now. A large Imperial machinery ticking in the background. All they really needed to do was tag the targets, paint an entrance way and maybe disable some of their security measures.

"Tagged about ten before you arrived, I imagine there is about three or four times that number. They keep disappearing though, so they clearly have some sort of facility within the volcano. Would explain where they keep their prisoners too, yeah?"

Isobel Nakano

I
H3e8iiy.png
Isobel made a non-committal, melodious humming sound as she drew a repulsordrone and control kit from her rucksack. "That would be a logical assumption," Isobel agreed after a moment, her voice distracted as she began to assemble the drone kit, carefully snapping the lightweight pieces to the quiet repulsor unit that powered it. "Wish these scales would give it a kriffing rest," she mumbled, almost to herself, as she finished assembling the drone. She checked the connection and then hurled it into the air. The repulsor unit whirred to life and carried the drone, quiet as the wind.

Back on the ground, Isobel set the small display between she and Crane. The display flickered to life, showing the feed from the drone's camera and sensor data. Isobel manipulated the controller, piloting the drone towards the volcano. It was remarkably speedy for its size as it zoomed across the landscape. "If they're taking prisoners and keeping them, that's good news," she mused distractedly, her gaze not pulling away from the drone's feedback display. "It means they don't have an entechment facility here and they need to take them to a second location to entech them there."

She sighed quietly and maneuvered the drone around the volcano, eyes searching for a cave or other entrance. "So," she said conversationally, still not looking at Val Pellian Val Pellian . "How have you been? How's your assignment coming along?"

Ariadne Gallaer

A
1rCWCne.png
Ariadne's attention was drawn by the familiar voice of her half-sister Vhondryl Gallaer from the base of the ramp. She blanched and half-turned, catching her sister's gaze with her own before turning her attention to Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau "Senator," she said, another slight bow accompanying the honorific. "May I introduce my sister, Vhondryl Gallaer. Vhondryl, this is Senator Du Couteau, from the Galactic Alliance." Ariadne looked back towards her sister and explained: "She has been assigned to the kitchens today. Will you and your friends be joining for lunch? Plenty of space and food, thanks to you and others sending aid. If you are aware of any food allergies, Vhondryl will tell the kitchens."

The young Keshiri took hold of one of the hand trucks and disengaged the locks. "Unless you object, I'll stack empty crates out here to the right until the hold is empty, then load them in the same way they are now," said Ariadne, gesturing towards the right of the ramp, then back up towards the crates as they sat now to illustrate her proposal. "Uh, sir," she added anxiously.

When the details had been settled, Ariadne took one of the crates down the ramp. "Foodstuffs," she told Vhondryl. "You want to take one, and I take one, on your way back to the kitchens? I'll unload," she added, in case her sister thought Ariadne was trying to rope her into manual labor. "But it'd save some trips."

SetoHeader2.png

Seto Du Coutaeu
Senator of Empress Teta
Action:
Readying to Off-load Supplies with more Help!
Objective Three: Tidings of Comfort and Joy
Attire

wsL0bBY.png

A survivor. Seto had experience with heartache and despair, but the type of ruin and ordeal she has endured was indeed something entirely else. If he were to say ‘I understand’, such words would feel more insulting than empathetic. Instead, best to admire the strength and resolve. He inclined his head once again, “-The pleasure is entirely mine Miss Ariadne. . . and I’m sure you’ll more than prove yourself here.”

Seto took a pause, his eyes shined brightly and his smile remained as he shook his head, “No need to call for any Officers, I’m sure they’re quite busy.” With a light laugh he gestured towards some of the Alliance ship crew to help with the grav-sleds.

Before he could grab another data-slate he turned his head to a new voice, another refugee judging by her jumpsuit and by the eyes and hair perhaps related to Ariadne. It wasn’t until Ariadne introduced the newcomer as her sister Vhondryl did it confirm his suspicion. With another polite bow when Ariadne introduced himself to Vhondryl, “-The pleasure is entirely mine Miss Vhondryl.”

Seto then grabbed his spare data-slate and nodded once, “-Thank you for your kind offer, I’m sure it won’t take much to convince my fellow Alliance representatives to join you all for lunch. As far for myself, I have no food allergies.”

Quickly reorganizing the new manifest as the first crates began to move Seto nodded, “-No objections, and I’ll fetch more Alliance members to help speed things along.” He added as he turned to face the two sisters again, flashing them a cheerful smile and nod of approval before heading off to help with the unloading of the supplies.

His head quickly turned around and his body followed suit, leading him back into the ship to scrounge up more crew members to help with the unloading process. He often had an inspiring touch when it came to reluctant workers, and Seto had rarely been told “no” before when he pushed others to do more work.
Extra pay does wonders for motivation.

|| Ariadne Gallaer | Auteme Auteme | Vhondryl Gallaer | Nylea Apollodor Nylea Apollodor | Firenne Van-Derveld | Elisea Korrado ||

Ariel Yvarro

A
Orc1lX1.png
"War is a constant state in this galaxy, peace is almost unheard of so we must enjoy what little of it we can get," although Ariel had every intention to ensure that the First Order knew peace much longer than it knew war. Then again, the galaxy would somehow ensure that that wouldn't be the case, and should that come to pass. Ariel would have to be ready for it, whether she liked it or not. "I know enough not to cross him, I also know when I need to let off the gas pedal and let the other one pass." A knowing look toward Agent Vantoon as Ariel looked over at the small celebration.
The Chime of Nestmothers enjoying the choral performance, the Imperials trying to learn more about the otherwise shy and reclusive Shashay. She listened to Agent Vantoon while doing so and remarked, "I appreciate the compliment, mother's definitely mellowed out over the years but she's certainly maintained her heading, so to speak." Always looking for another adventure, Fiolette. Ariel mused silently on the idea of her mother out there in the galaxy doing Balance knew what and most likely on a whim.
Nestmother Ghyslaine approached the pair, and Ariel stepped forward and took the offered hand. "It has been delightful to have you all here, and we are so very glad that we were able to work out the annexation so peacefully."
"You are very welcome and thank you Nestmother Ghyslaine and to all the Nestmothers. I'm very glad that we were able to negotiate a deal that benefited all parties."
The Nestmother held a smile and nod of acknowledgment, "we will return to our homes but you are welcomed to stay and enjoy yourselves, and one more thing, if your choir needs or wants any of our help let us know! They sang so beautifully but there's always room for improvement!"
"Of course, of course, and I will certainly let them know, have a safe trip."
The privacy of the Shashay was what they wanted most, to be left alone, and that the First Order could certainly give. Ariel had the information for where they could and couldn't settle forwarded to her offices on Dosuun. Crytal Nest's integrity and that of the First Order's word meant everything to the newly minted Foreign Secretary.

Orc1lX1.png
His brows furrowed in consideration, but Caulder nonetheless shuffled after Renata. The ominous protocol droid followed silently, taking position outside of the nook. It still held Caulder's previous drink, giving it the impression of another awkward reveler, unsure of how to conduct itself.​
"I did not mean to imply the Sovereign would or should be replaced," Caulder intoned, once seated. The sentimentality of turning money into little picture-card reminders of who your tax credits went to was indeed lost on him. But the impracticality of telling governments to cede an important aspect of their economic sovereignty was not.​
That was the ill-conceived ambition of Veles Oshu Veles Oshu . Fortunately for the galaxy at large, the Deputy Director's designs were far more... Tempered. Attainable. Or so Caulder hoped to prove. He was rigid in his new seat, hardly any more at ease than if he had been standing. He at least looked to no longer be experiencing any discomfort.​
"I won't bore you with the minutiae," he continued, "The Galactic Standard Credit is the trade currency of choice for many neutral systems in the Outer Rim and, most importantly, the Core. We project that if the First Order also commits to the use of the Standard Credit for international trade, more commercial activity can be stimulated. Here, there, everywhere."​
"The Banking Clan has found that the easier it is to convert currencies, and the less often it happens, the more trade takes place, and the wealthier everyone grows. And the less likely everyone is to kill one another. Broadly speaking."​
The Deputy Director smiled joylessly.​
"The present Galactic Alliance is an extreme case. I do not recommend replicating their every move. But they now benefit more from foreign trade than any other previous Core government, despite present... Obstacles. The First Order does not need to adopt the Standard Credit unilaterally, as the Alliance has, to enjoy similar benefits."​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom