Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Balance Rest Ye Merry Imperials | FO Dominion of Crytal Nest

Elisea Apollodor

E
1rCWCne.png

Elisea only wished she had a recorder on hand, "whoa." Her expression shifted from content to surprise, "hold that for just a second." The Research Chief patted herself down and managed to come up with a small pencil and a scratch pad. "Huh, so, could you by chance explain all of that again but later on today? I'm sure my boss would actually love to hear all of it." The Avalonian's only regret was that she didn't have a recorder on hand. "But, I am very glad that we coincidently picked something that was suitable."
"In all honesty, we thought it was a lovely place, and if the Galactic Alliance is willing to share information about non-human species, we'd greatly appreciate it. We'd like to be able to provide them the best care possible," beamed Elisea with hope in her voice that the First Order could do this and they could help those in need. "And as far as education, and I could be wrong because I know it's not all finalized, but we were looking at getting the children started with their native teachers, and then incorporating our education slowly, so they get the best of both worlds."
They would have the knowledge of their worlds and in addition a top-rate Imperial education. "For the younger children it will simply a special course, so they would rotate between physical education, music, and then a special that involves the First Order's history. For older children, we're looking at block scheduling and having Imperial classes slotted in on one of those days."
"That's the preliminary at least, but the Ministry of Education may decide to change it."
"We're also interested in letting teachers and professors work with First Order schools as well, and introduce more classes for the higher education institutions surrounding history, culture, and languages beyond our borders."
The Avalonian realized they had rounded the site to the top where the, 'Welcome to Tyche,' sign stood proudly. A checkpoint was in the process of being established away from the welcome sign, and a guard post was nearly complete. It wouldn't be the First Order without security, not too far down a small sign indicated that it would be the Law Enforcement Training Center. "We can move back down this way which will take us by the Gondwana Sea and head back to the promenade."

A pause there.

He hadn't thought about that.

They had been searching for entechment facilities for a while now. It was part of his deep cover, figure out where they took them. Even now enteched soldiers appeared here and there. It meant that there were still secret facilities unaccounted for. If they could take all of them out? Well, that would be one step closer to pacifying the scales entirely.

"Just fine." Val responded, a little bit distracted by that idea. "Pain in the arse, but when is it not, right?" Thoughtful expression was cast towards the feed of the drone as it came closer.

"How about you? G keeping you busy or dying of boredom without me?" That was accompanied by a smirk. Not one that she was used from him however, distracted, more reflex than anything else. The reason of which became clear in no short order. "We should consider not taking this facility out just yet."

Which went against the mission.

This one anyway.

"If we can track their shipment to the entechment facility? That will be a bigger prize. What do you think?"

Renata Westaway

R
Orc1lX1.png
Renata frowned thoughtfully, her greenish eye narrowing slightly at the Umbaran opposite her. She crossed her legs and wrapped her hands around her knee, lacing them together as she listened to his explanation. Her spidey senses, finely honed in the darkness of Avalonia's underground tunnels during her tenure in Garden Street Station, tingled at the mention of most importantly, the Core. It made sense, from a conventional thinking perspective, to value the core worlds. They had spent the majority of existence as the center of galactic power and influence, it was true. But the First Order had turned the backwater world of Dosuun into the capital of the galaxy's largest and most prominent government, and she was sure it would happen again, one way or another.

Political pressures being what they were, Renata could foresee a future where the Banking Clan would find itself pressured to perform some kind of economic voodoo to advantage one government or disadvantage another. "What kind of safeguards are in place to ensure that exchange rates will remain fair?" she asked finally. "There is relative peace now, for instance, between ourselves and the Galactic Alliance. May it last ten thousand years. But should the worst happen, what would stop the Banking Clan from caving to political pressure, or economic pressure, to put their thumbs on the scales of the side they feel would be most lucrative in the long term?"

She spread her hands in apology. "Naturally I don't mean to impugn you, Mr. Dune, but I am proof positive that someone's tenure in charge of something doesn't last forever. I'm looking towards the future."

Orc1lX1.png
Nevertheless, he felt impugned.​
There was some hint of this in the way the Umbaran's eyebrows climbed. Spending a certain amount of man-hours laboring for the cause of the Banking Clan could get that kind of defensive reaction. But of course Caulder would deny it if anyone asked directly. People had to at least believe they were above such things.​
Caulder sipped his drink in an effort to appear nonchalant. "The calculations used to determine exchange rates are carried out by artificial intelligence units. Impartial machines, as I have so long preferred the company of."​
He indicated his protocol droid with his glass. It did not appear to acknowledge the gesture.​
"These processes and facilities are freely auditable by all participating governments. The tampering required to injure a single government would be obvious and unlikely, not to mention highly illegal under Alliance law. There would also need to be a veritable army of conspirators: legions of technicians, spies, bribed officials - including the First Order's own adjuncts and Board members."
The Deputy Director offered a grim smile. "I consider it impossible, but perhaps that is merely the limit of my imagination."​
He would spare her the torture of the usual, "it's simply not in the best interests of the Banking Clan to do so" line of thought. Base, short-sighted cruelty was never in anyone's best interests. The type of people to engage in such behavior had other reasons for doing so - reasons that could not be stopped by mere rationalization.​
Dr. Westaway was right to be skeptical. It was an aspect of her job. Just as bloviating assurances was an aspect of his, however unfortunate.​
"The InterGalactic Banking Clan is an institution governed by law and procedure, guided by protocol and regulation," he paused to issue a rattling cough into his fist, politely turning to the side to do so, "I do not reckon it any more susceptible to external political whims than, say, our current lineup of galactic governments."​

Everyone seemed pleasant enough, and Brama found comfort in knowing the First Order might do just as well with a relief effort as they did with a coronation ball.

"This long term planning sounds very thoughtful," Brama admitted, though her contributions beyond that were flat. She was mostly here for a show of good faith, and to extend a helping hand where possible.

Auteme Auteme on the other hand seemed to be an encyclopedia of information that impressed even the Chief Research Officer. Nonplussed, Brama's brows quirked in surprise and admiration. She followed the raise of her eyebrows to the welcome sign, and nodded simply at the suggestion to turn back around to the promenade.

The guards and security didn't go unnoticed. Imperials and all that.

"What sort of restrictions will be placed on the residents here?

I don't imaging the Bryna'dul will seek to hunt them down. If they do, you can be assured The Alliance's reinforcements will be here to assist."

Elisea Apollodor

E
1rCWCne.png

Restrictions. Elisea couldn't quite answer that fully but what she could answer with what she knew, "well I should hope the Brynadul don't come storming all the way down here, but it is a comfort to know that the Alliance will be here to help." The Research Chief continued with her response, "for many they'll be able to freely roam here and down to the beach and explore the forest." She drew in a breath and exhaled a small gesture with her hands that their hands might be tied. The Avalonian looked over toward the security stations, "and of course the Ssi-Ruu have not been completed eliminated from this region, so we have our security forces on hand to assist with that." She also hoped the refugees didn't squabble but tempers were tempers and they all have gone through quite a lot. Rather than dwell on that, she pushed forward
"Then there is of course a rather strict agreement with the Shashay, one that we intend to keep. Part of that agreement, for example, is that none of the trees in Wind Forest are removed, but we're free to forage," this was followed by another thoughtful pause as she tried to put the words together. "We will offer the residents the option to become citizens, and for those that don't we will work out a visa and they can move anywhere in the First Order once they've obtained the paperwork."
"Residents are free to roam, learn and grow, but we will be sure to keep everyone safe, from outside threats, each other and perhaps themselves."
Elisea stopped a moment and thought whether she should further explain, but only went on to say. "I pray that everyone here understands the trauma they've all experienced, but... everyone expresses that differently. Grief, anger, denial, it all plays in our minds. So while yes, the residents will be free to carry out their lives and we should hope that they will. For many, as I understand it, it will be very difficult to do."
"We cannot replace their homeworld or the people they've lost. The best we can do is provide them the tools necessary to build again, and to find their own happiness." It would take time for many to truly come to terms with what exactly has happened, and just how much was lost.

Isobel Nakano

I
H3e8iiy.png
Isobel didn't react, but internally she bristled at Val Pellian Val Pellian 's teasing. The way it seemed to acknowledge and dismiss her feelings in one fell swoop was frustrating. But they had a mission to complete. There was always a mission. Came with the territory. "Oh, you know," she replied, her voice almost harshly even as she continued to watch the drone's feed. "Never a dull moment when you serve on Her Majesty's secret service. Graham has had me flying all over Hell's creation. It pays the mortgage."

She paused, her attention finally focusing on Pellian again after he made his proposal. "It's a good idea, but it'll be a tough sell," she said. "Apparently the locals want this place shut down as part of their entry into the First Order." Isobel glanced back at the drone feed. "Perhaps we can kill two scales with one blaster bolt. There's a ship." Isobel pointed at the feed, her fingertips tracing the outline of a Ssi-Ruuk transport. "Picture's too low-res to tell if its being used to transport prisoners for entechment, but if it is, it's six to five and pick'em the coordinates will be on their navicomp."

She leaned back on her elbow and looked across at Val. "But there's no guarantee. So if you want to ask Graham for a variance, I'm sure you have her comlink frequency." Lotus turned her attention back to the drone feed and continued to carefully maneuver it deeper into the Ssi-Ruuk facility.

He glanced towards her at that harsh tone.

A reminder that things weren't as easy and simple. Clearly Val would have to play it far more... sensitive than he reflexively did. It wasn't like they had never skipped a beat. They had. A very long one, in fact, and that was something to be conscious of. "Once our mission is done we should talk." Val murmured softly, before looking back towards the silhouette of the lone transporter. "It's been... a while, but I never stopped caring, Lotus." It would have been better to use her real name here.

But even now he couldn't break protocol.

Not with something as crucial as identity anonymity at stake.

Once Isobel pointed out that this entire op was crucial to Crystal Nest's integration into the Order Val sighed. "That makes it more complicated, aye, let me tap G anyway, see what she has to say. But I expect you are right and we will have to settle with tracking just the one."

Sometimes Val missed the days when they just rolled into a system with star destroyers et al. No worries about if the locals were happy with it or not, but he supposed it were different days... these days. The Order was still vulnerable to some degree. They didn't have the overwhelming power of the Supreme Leader behind them anymore.

They had to rely on more careful approaches now.

He took a step back, giving Isobel more space, before tapping his encrypted commlink with a direct line to Delilah Graham

Once the connection was established he relayed what they had found up until now and his own idea with this facility. "So, what do you think, G, can we shift from mission parameters, or are the locals gonna be that difficult about it?"

Delilah Graham

D
H3e8iiy.png
Delilah was at a facility near the holiday celebration, monitoring the ongoing intelligence efforts on Crytal Nest. She listened to Crane's report dispassionately and sat in stoic silence. The only indication that she was still connected was the clicking of her pen as she considered what was happening. On one hand, the First Order had committed to resolve the situation at Mount Tyrannus. On the other hand, they hadn't put a strict timetable on it, and if the agents could locate yet another Ssi-Ruuk entechment facility, its destruction would deal another strong blow against the saurian invaders.

After almost a full minute of silence, but for the clicking, she cleared her throat and said, "Very well. Updated orders incoming. I'll handle the locals, but Crane -- if you and Lotus can confirm the status of the missing locals that would go a long way toward reassuring the Nestmothers. Is your plan to put some kind of tracking device on the Ssi-Ruuk equipment there, or will you be stowing away?" That would be almost foolhardy and almost genius, depending on how it turned out.

She typed up the new orders and pushed them to their datapads. Their new order was to establish the location of the Ssi-Ruuk facility that was feeding the Crytal Nest facility and destroy it.

Resurgent Narrative

R
The arrival of the Galactic Alliance and the efforts of the First Order on Crytal give room for a pause on that Life Day in 862. For some, the idea of the Galactic Alliance and the First Order working together, given their history, was a surprise but not an unwelcome one. For others, they would most likely ignore it or see it as a fluke. For the First Order, it was important that they show their ability to work with other nations and most especially in these hard times. The Nestmothers on Shashay held up their end of the bargain providing room for the First Order to settle refugees, and in return, the Nestmothers ask for environmental protection of their homeworld and privacy.
An agreement the First Order would do its utmost to keep. Crytal Nest was a beautiful world and the Shashay a generous species to open their world to those in need. While agents work on eliminating the Ssi-Ruu threat and finding closure for the Nestmothers. The celebrations of Crytal Nest's annexation as the newest member of the First Order's family begins to wane. At the settlement of Tyche, the Galactic Alliance and First Order continue to not only speak with one another but find reassurances. While also working to move forward together, not just for themselves but for those in the Galaxy who need to see nations coming together on their behalf.
Crytal Nest's entry into the First Order would place it in the Alpinn Sector, also known colloquially as the Aetos Sector.
- FIN -
OOC: Please continue your stories! I love all the different stories unfolding right now and would love to see them wrap up, this wraps up Ariel's part of the story and gets this dominion completed. However, again, I definitely would love to see the conclusion of everyone's stories!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom