Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bakuran Arms Show! (Open)

In Umbris Potestas Est
"And you stabbed me in the stomach numerous times. If you hadn't have called the Omega Pyre, my children could've been transplanted to a healthy surrogate and they would be alive today. As for war crimes, why do you think I came back to the CIS? I showed Rostu the holocron that exposed what really happened, as well as the fact that the Omegans altered a datacron copy of the event. That holocron image showed I was innocent. And I'll show it to you if you calm the hell down."

She raised an eyebrow, though, at the not having left anything to Alli. "There is one thing I did leave you, though I know why it didn't work. In our bedroom was a hologram meant to play to you, and not to play to my killer. That hologram contained the location of a special artifact containing a significant amount of data. It didn't activate because you were my killer. You killed a woman who was herself betrayed. And while I will forgive you for what you did, you need to pay penance for what you've done."

She crossed her arms, looking at Alli as the woman attempted to get away, a vine growing from the ground wrapping tightly around her leg. "Please, don't run away from your issues. Face them yourself, before I have to electrocute your implant and overload it."

"I know the truth, the Omegans found the unaltered version of your holocron. They didn't alter yours. I will admit I was wrong in my actions after you stabbed yourself. I was just so over come with emotions. I still am haunted by them. " She said tearing up. " I, I , Loved you Circe. I loved you with all my heart, and you betrayed me. I still don't know what to think of it but please just leave me alone, I have a life now. I have a girlfriend, who is great and I don't want to deal with this. I will not atone for them, since you can't even admit your crimes. " She said as she tried to fight the vine with limited sucess. " You could of had me. I didn't mind the sleeping around, I did my fare share. But the pain that hit me when I found out there was someone else.That broke my heart. It struck me deep Circe. I loved you, and only you. I will drop the bounty "

@[member="Circe Savan"]@[member="TimirOrso"] and @[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
__From behind her, Alachei could hear what sounded like an argument in the distance, even through the crowd. She recognized the familiar voice of the one she had just entrusted with the safekeeping of her most precious saber plates. Her eyes looked over her shoulder while she continued to flick through the information about the bodyguard droids on the datapad in her hands. Once Jeff wasn't looking, she made sure to make a quick and decisive disappearance from his sight for a while. There was no need to bring him near harm's way, after all, or so she felt.
__Clap. Clap. Clap. The sound cracked through the pause as the royal Mnenchei walked slowly towards the saleswoman and the stranger caught in her grasp.
"Well done; and what a fine speech, may I even add.... Kidnapped." she emphasized, arms spreading in gesture. A slight smile crawled up half of her face, but her eyes only revealed apathy and indifference. "As luck would have it, you have quite a nifty price on your head, stranger." She jested, lifting up her portable datapad which had the listings of both of them on it. "Fortunately for either of you, currency is something I have no need for in this life. However..." her smile faded, and her voice became monotone; eyes in a dead lock of lavender haze and a piercing look. "She has some unfinished business with me, you may say literally." Alachei smiled again, knowing the large golden hilt of her saber was still plainly visible near her waist. "So this will just have to wait, and I suggest you both make amends and swallow your guilts. It would be a shame to make a widow... don't you agree?" She continued. Now her face turned much warmer with an almost humble, sincere smile. A look, that of a monk. All the while the Force began to tug against the vine, loosening it ever so lightly and letting fate do the rest.
__If the situation turned to conflict, heads were going to roll and money was going to line the noble's pockets. No one was going to stop Alachei's lightsaber from getting its long deserved upgrades and refitment.

@[member="Alli Wren"] @[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"]​

Alndys

Mercenary, Artist.
Meanwhile, in a distant and undramatic section of the Trade show a respectful distance from the Blas-Tech stands, Tara Lasood stood between two of her latest goliaths of war - the tall, mobile Lapetus mech, and it's stockier successor, the Tartaros. Various screens and holos showed the two bipedal mechs in action; storming compounds, running down jeeps, and the like. In the Tartaros' case, some of them were off the large machine being dropped from ships like four-ton kinetic bombs and climbing out of craters to cause havoc on defensive lines.

Hyup. Fine craftsmanship.

Which was the entire reason why the woman with the pencil skirt and the metal leg was too busy gaming to bother trying to engage any would-be customers. Her handiwork sold for her, in Tara's opinion. Words would simply be needless, when they could see her crafts in action. Leaning against the heavy durasteel knee of the Tartoros model, Tara absently adjusted the Blas-Tech logo pinned to her shirt before re-loading her savegame. Final Installment XXV wasn't going to beat itself, after all.

Timir noticed the argument and struggle from across the room. He took no heed to it at first, just a minor affront, then a transmission of the woman Ali Wren of Baktoid was being kidnapped. Timir thought to himself: How can this be, this transmission was most certainly made of passion as there were no obvious signs of hostile from his view.

Still, Timir was obligated to deploy several Bakuran Military police to the scene, secure @[member="Alli Wren"] and @[member="Circe Savan"] and bring both to small-scale and non-hostile questioning in order to put an end to the dispute, whatever that dispute may be. Seeing as both were a little bit more than high-profiles at the gala, Timir himself would approach with the Military Police for remediation and questioning.

Timir had a contract for a new custom pressure suit modified to better suit his defensive capabilities with Circe Savan, the one he had built for himself just wasn't cutting it anymore so he didn't want to see that order go null and void by her arrest.

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Um... No, what the Omegans showed was definitely a datacron. Holocrons are ripped directly from the memories of a person and are thus incapable of being tampered with. Datacrons can be tampered with, even if they are simply digitized copies of a holocron's information. Trust me, darling, I've found enough of both to last for a long time. As for your girlfriend... @[member="Ventasia Terana"], right? She spent months hunting me and tracking me down, and we eventually met at the side of Ven Sekairo's hospital bed. In truth, I had kind of been hoping for something along the lines of an angry makeup threesome. But you've dropped my bounty, and I'll drop... Well, I can't, since it was already collected, but another won't be raised again so long as the bounty on your end is dropped too. That's fair."

Turning to look at @[member="Alachei Mnemenos"], she smiled. "Don't worry... It's get upgraded. I promise." And to @[member="TimirOrso"], she merely shook her head. "The dispute is almost over. Please don't bring police force into this. I already dealt with this sort of 'fun' during my first wedding and I'd rather not go all déjà vu."

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

" I don't really care about the holocron, Circe, I never really cared, it was just a convenient way to get rid of your body and make a few extra credits. I am just glad we can put this behind us. I see you know who my girlfriend is. I wish you luck on your grand experiment and hope that you have a nice rest of your life. I have already dropped the bounty. Just answer me one thing. Why, why did you betray me? " She asked, glad to finally get this over with, dispite the very public spat, she didn't care. She just wanted to know why. She was also glad she was getting out of this grand experiment business, it was the last thing she wanted.
@[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="TimirOrso"] @[member="Alachei Mnemenos"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"I was in dire straits. The Omegans were hunting me, and everyone else had abandoned me. You'd never come to me, and because of that, I thought you had abandoned me. And Jak... Jak was there for me, even when no one else wanted anything to do with me. I'm sorry for what I did. I had no idea you still cared about me the way you do. And truth be told, I still feel the same way." The soft smell of pheromones would contact Alli's nose for the first time in ages. "And if you're willing, I'd at least like to be friends."

Well, that was weird. But Circe was exceptionally forgiving.

@[member="Alli Wren"]

@[member="Circe Savan"]
Alli nodded, still finding it hard to accept that as an answer to break her heart. She still resented it but on the outside she smiled and said " Of course, Well I have things to sell, Nice seeing you." She said, barely resisting that familiar scent, that brought back lots of lustful thoughts towards Circe. She was torn, part of her wanted to forgive Circe to see past it all and love her again. But there was more of her saying no, she betrayed you, tossed you aside. She left you. She put you through all of that. That was the part Alli listened to. She walked away, with a sway in her step as she realized she felt better about it though. They had sorted through their problems for the most part. She didn't wish death on her anymore, but well it wouldn't be a bad thing she thought.

Olidiv Kenu

Behold, a Swordsman of Legend
Olidiv Looked up after he finished calibrating the infrared camera droids to synchronize with the security system's proprietary sweeps. "Good regularity in the system sweeps," he mused to himself as he finished the re-calibration and nodded. "There. Finished re-calibrating the infrareds to detect trace amounts of weaponizable isotopes just in case," he mused calmly. "This is turning into quite the blast. Speaking of which, I think Cade had a fire exercise he wanted to demonstrate. To the main stage!" he said with a cheerful boom.

@[member="Cade Lee "]@[member="TimirOrso"]

[[ Post made with permission from Sargon. Do not panic, citizens. ]]

@[member="Thaddeus Creed"] | @[member="Circe Savan"]

It often took time for information to travel from one point of the Galaxy to another. That is, if the information itself was actually transmitted in the first place. Even if Alli Wren had physically sent word for Circe's bounty to be dropped, it wouldn't reach the Bounty Hunter's Guild for at least a few days. Interstellar travel, even for radio signals, was a difficult thing. There was also the fact that Alli Wren had never sent word in the first place. This was arguably the most major factor in what transpired next.

Thaddeus and Hannibal, aside from having two of the coolest first names this side of the Sanctuary Pipeline, were both mercenaries and accomplices. To this end, they had both been hired by the Fringe to be on call as security at the event. An easy paycheck, as they weren't expecting any trouble. They passed the time idly by perusing the holonet and keeping up-to-date on the list of bounties posted through the Bounty Hunter's Guild. One such bounty was for a "Circe Savan." Hannibal had heard that name once at a soiree not too long ago, but had dismissed it seeing as it came from the mouth of a near-feral, foul mouthed Ewok. Besides, most records pertaining to that name indicated she was deceased.

Then an alert came in from none-other than the CEO of Baktoid herself. Transmitted from some sort of cybernetic implant, it simply stated that she was in the process of being kidnapped by Circe Savan. This, clearly, was a job for the planetary authorities. In this case, Hannibal Oryen and Thaddeus Creed. Since, technically, they were planetary authorities and thus obligated to respond to this distress signal. Besides, they were much more equipped to deal with this kind of thing than the faceless mooks of the Bakuran Military Police, not to demean the noble actions of a certain Skakoan. Hannibal and Thaddeus both agreed that the best way to deal with the situation was as loudly as possible.

So they brought a gunship.

----​

The heavy gunship of the Fringe Lords made a deafening roar as it flew over the open-air arms show that was taking place, expertly piloted by Hannibal. It stopped just above Circe, numerous front-facing weapons pointed down towards her. Hannibal's voice cackled over the ship's loudspeakers as the side door slid open, giving Thaddeus the room he needed to leap out and make his colossal presence known.

"Attention Circe Savan-Frog-Dog-Lookin'-Motherfether-Whatever. You're bein' detained for attempted kidnappin' an' 'aving a big, stupid bounty." Hannibal gestured to Thaddeus without looking towards him, indicating he should jump now. "Please remain still while my associate detains ya."

Alli resent the notification that she had ended the bounty again, updating the local cache of the site. She of course, was still torn. Alli Wren, was cold hearted and well this was a chance to get rid of her and her scheming. Alli had loved Circe, the key word was had. There was now place in her heart for the one that had hurt her so much. she didn't want to be in the midst of this danger, and she needed a drink and a friend as she felt torn inside. Part of her wanted to save circe. A bigger part still wanted her to pay. But alas she had agreed to pull the bounty and pull it she did. It wasn't her fault or concern that some still thought it was open. Alli wren wasn't about to correct that mistake. She sent a message to the gunship " The bounty with the Bounty Hunters Guild has been pulled for Circe Saven" She ran for her space yacht, and drank her self to a stupor, as it took off. She had her own safety to worry about.
@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] @[member="Circe Savan"]

Thaddeus Creed

T
The lean, mean, wrecking part-machine had been contacted by his accomplice, @[member="Hannibal Oryen"], about a job. One that would set them up for a long time. What was it exactly? Capturing some high and mighty, panties in a knotty woman-lady. Once the message was received by the behemoth, Thaddeus quickly grabbed his gear, his trusty LS-150 Heavy ACP Repeater and his suit of BTI-ACA heavy trooper armor, and departed his humble abode to meet up with Thaddeus at the landing port. After a professional handshake, the two comrades headed off to the location of the arms show.

"Military everywhere. I hope this is on the up and up, comrade. I have hooker back home. Let's bring this frog-dog in." the statuesque man said after Hannibal said his little rant. The door of the gunship slid open, revealing Thaddeus and a grenade launcher Hannibal was smart enough to bring along with him. Thaddeus leaned out of the gunship, loaded a force breaker grenade or two, and fired it off, aiming right at the only scarlet haired, string bean in the vicinity. Once contact was made, the grenade should detonate into a semi-large cloud of force weakening smoke, yet doing no physical harm to anyone. Thaddeus chuckled deeply, "We take green woman now." He then jumped from the gunship to the ground with a heavy grunt and landing on the surface with a sundering thud. He, quite literally, came in like a wrecking ball.

Once on the ground, Thaddeus came marching towards the now incapacitated Circe, ready to grab her and sling her over his shoulder like a backpack.
@[member="Circe Savan"] | @[member="Alli Wren"]

"I did not expect this to happen. Not at all, This changes everything, I suppose I should just let you go about your business then, if my implications are correct, you are bounty hunters as well as employees of the Fringe." Timir bellowed in greeting, then shouting in a loud and deep buzz. "Go do your job then, but just know that you two shall be responsible for all damages-credit wise-incurred upon the wares here and the compound!"

Timir then darted a comlink message to @[member="Sargon Vynea"] stating: "Two bounty hunters in our employ are about to trash the compound and wares in the north quadrant, your authorizations, sir!?"

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] and @[member="Thaddeus Creed"]

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[SIZE=10pt]Today was Bounty Hunter Job Shadow Day! The Agency hooked her up with a pair of supposedly seasoned hunters. Kitt didn’t question The Agency. Her NPC friend Chuck did all the research on it and she was mostly, fairly confident the job shadow day wouldn’t end up with her sold to the Hutt Lord Ba’kChooChoo and his eight sons.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]She stood behind Mentor Number One: @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]. “Bring big guns, check.” Myrtle-ellipses remained on Mentor Number Two: @[member="Thaddeus Creed"]. This time a breathing mask was suctioned over her face, pushing the scarlet-cloth even more snugly over her mouth, beneath.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]And @[member="TimirOrso"] would be pleased to know there weren’t two bounty hunters but three. Well, maybe two and a half because one was in training.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Where you want me, boss? I’ve got one of those force-lizards in my pack. Heard this one was a mediocre force user.” She had other things in her pack, too. Duh.[/SIZE]

@[member="Kitt Solo"]

"Mediocre..." Hannibal trailed off, remembering an instance where he was slammed rather forcefully into a ceiling by the bounty in question. "Yeah, sounds 'bout right."

So excited was Hannibal to apprehend this hapless bounty he had almost forgotten the miniature Solo was shadowing him for the day. And apparently she was toting a rare breed of lizard in her luggage. The kind that cut off connections from the Force. Where she had retrieved such a thing was a mystery to Hannibal, but extra insurance in the event the Forcebreakers didn't work as intended never hurt anyone. One did not simply hunt down a three million credit bounty without exhausting all available options.

"Please acquaint Green Beans with ya lizard friend. Get down there, stay behind Thaddeus but keep close enough t' th' broad to keep 'er Force-Quiet."

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] @[member="Thaddeus Creed"] @[member="Circe Savan"]

"Aye, aye boss," giving a smartarse salute, she checked the straps of the backpack holding her yslamiri friend plus nutrient board, tightened them around her shoulders, then hedged off the gunship, landing a little lighter than Mentor Number Two. Watching his six, she checked the charger of her blaster, set on a high stun that would be strong enough to knock a half dozen ton-tons on their furry, snow covered behinds.

Meh, why wait?

Remaining behind Thaddeus, she lunged to the right and fired two stun rings at Green Bean's chest.

The gun show was an extremely well guarded affair on any account. Between fighters overhead, heavy capital ships including the Astral Horizon overhead, and a planet occupied by an entire Legion it was difficult to find a more secure place. The fact that the show took place in a military base filled to the brim with troops, security measures, and walkers didn't help anyone at all causing problems. As such the sudden commotion between to vendors, the hired security, and a few bounty hunters was more then noticed by Sargon Vynea, Governor of Bakura, and commander of the 121st Legion.

Stepping into the commotion the Governor was anything, but pleased. "You will all be coming with me to discuss this matter. No one is under arrest, but I won't have you ruining this show with the dramatic. So we are going to go discuss this in private. Of course you can refuse, but then you will be placed under arrest with extreme prejudice." As he spoke a wing of fighters flew down into the atmosphere, and directed the gunship to land at stated coordinates to meat the Governor with the people on the ground. Whatever any party had attempted to bring to the show none could come close to matching the might of an entire Legion, and the assorted armor, and walkers it carried. Including the four walkers surrounding the entire group right now. "Make a choice we can all go sit down, and talk this out or I'll have you arrested. The base shields are up, and the blastshields are all sealed, you can all follow me to a conference room, and relinquish your weapons for the duration. The other option is fight the assorted might of hundred of thousands of troops, thousands of fighters, and a few dozen capital ships, choose."

@[member="Kitt Solo"] @[member="Hannibal Oryen"] @TimirOrso @Thaddeus Creed @[member="Alli Wren"] @[member="Circe Savan"]

Nodding to @[member="Olidiv Kenu"] he gave a small smile, this event would never make it to holo either. Of that he was certain.

In Umbris Potestas Est
"You do realize that my bounty on Alli Wren was getting cashed in, right? We talked it out, did the whole "forgive me?" thing, and we're friends again. She sent a message out, and I'm pretty sure I heard her send it straight to you..."

Then the grunt fired a grenade. Smoke grenade, to be more precise. Familiar with standard military protocol, Circe took off the outer coat from her business attire, covering her mouth and nose as she evacuated the smoke cloud, making sure as little of the smoke was breathed in as possible. A doppelganger took her place as she immersed herself in the White Current, but it seemed to take more effort than usual to maintain her cloak. 'The hell... This gas... making it harder to maintain..."

Meanwhile, the doppelganger stood there in the cloud, seemingly unharmed, a smirk on its face and arms crossed. "Well, that's just pri-" And it was caught within @[member="Kitt Solo"]'s ysalamiri field and disappeared as the stun rings went through what remained. The ordeal severely shook up the real Circe, currently inside one of the tents, Mirari bodyguard droids... well, what else do you think they're doing? Flipping burgers? Taking her datapad in her hands, she calmly set a message to @[member="Sargon Vynea"].

Dear Sargon,

I'd greatly appreciate being able to talk this out, honestly I would, but at the moment, I'm currently in a tent, avoiding whatever chemical weapon was just deployed against me. If you could possibly clean the air out so I could come out and visit that conference room you're talking about, I'd greatly appreciate it."

Thanks,
Circe Savan

@[member="Thaddeus Creed"] @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

@[member="Thaddeus Creed"] | @[member="Kitt Solo"] | @[member="Sargon Vynea"]

"Alright, alright, I'm landin', I'm landin'..." Hannibal conceded over the gunship's loudspeakers. He transmitted the rendevous coordinates to Kitt and Thaddeus before directing the gunship to comply with Sargon's orders.

This was upsetting, truly. He and his merry band of friends had the situation all under control. No need for a Legion or something to show up and wreck the gig. At least they weren't getting arrested, but Hannibal would be damned if he was letting this bounty slip through his fingers. It had been far too long since he claimed one, much less one that would net him and his compatriots one million credits each. Hannibal had all of his documentation as a registered bounty hunter, damn it all. He was within his rights to enforce the law and draw a profit off of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom