Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Bafforka Bore Worm

Status
Not open for further replies.
bore_worm_concept_by_nicksketch-d31qqni.jpg

zwf50W.jpg

Image Source: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Bore-Worm-Concept-184325742

Intent: Tsavong has been ordered to create a protection from bafforr pollen attacks due to [member="Boolon Murr"]'s attack on [member="Darth Mierin"] in the Invasion of Alderaan that led to a Hand of the Dark Lord losing her arm due to her armor seizing up because of an allergic reaction by the armor to bafforr pollen. This is a natural evolutionary response to a high profile attack and understanding of weaponry against technology that is organic in nature.

Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/36330-all-employees-must-wash-their-hands/

Manufacturer: Intergalactic Solutions

Model: Bafforka

Affiliation: Intergalactic Solutions

Modularity: No

Production: Mass Produced

Material: Bafforka Shaped Worms

Description:

Strengths

+ Symbiotically Merges With An Organism and bolsters their resistance to the effects of Bafforr Pollen. While most Yuuzhan Vong technology already shares a innate resistance to disease, the specialty of the Bafforka Bore Worm is to grant a complete immunity to Bafforr Pollen by way of injecting incredibly small amounts of baffor pollen into the organism for a time during the organism's shaping process (or in the case that the organism wasn't shaped or genetically engineered, during the birth process), creating an immunity to Bafforr Pollen from birth. This will affect all Yuuzhan Vong technology created by Titan Industries and all creatures used by the One Sith/Hrosha-Gul that were previously allergic to Bafforr Pollen.

Weaknesses

- Parasite. The Bore worm still remains a parasite and does not meld fully with the organism even when introduced during birth. It requires nutrition by feeding off of the energy of it's host, which creatures a rabid appetite within the host, causing it to eat twice as much as it normally would.

- The larger the organism, the more Bore Worms required to provide the immunity. However, this is not a huge weakness, just signifying that bore worms do not increase in size, only quantity. They, on average, grow up to as big as an inch, but it is hard to see the size of most Bore Worms as they "burrow" into the organism's olfactory analogs and are never present on the surface of the organism.

Between Tsavong, Darth Mierin, and Darth Junra the 3 parties deliberated on the attack by Boolon Murr on Darth Mierin at Alderaan, with the eventual result surmising that the attack was allergic in reaction to the Bafforr Pollen used on Darth Mierin's organic armor. Because of this reaction, and the large amount of technology of the Titan Industries technology present in the ranks of the One Sith, Tsavong would immediately then task his Shapers with providing an immunity to the effects of Bafforr Pollen for his products and creatures used, understanding that if the attacks were used in an assassination attempt once again by the enemies of the One Sith, the results could be potentially devastating.

It would be crazy to think after an attack against the Hand of Dark Lord, who's armor suffered an allergic reaction to Bafforr Pollen, that the use of it would go unnoticed by all parties involved.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
I like the concept and it makes sense that there would be efforts to curb the Pollen threat, but I ain't comfortable with stamping full immunity. The Bafforr Pollen is a pretty big weakness for Vong tech, the dev thread ain't finished yet but it's substantial to a degree.

So here is what I am thinking, with the dev thread you got now I can stamp this; if you change full immunity to more resistant/highly resistant. If you want to keep it at full immunity I'd want a second dev thread, comparable length, where you either go into detail on how the worm has been shaped and produced or a thread where you oversee the injection of the worm into the production of Vong Tech.

Tag me when you have decided what you want to do.

[member="Tsavong Kraal"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
The work has been done, I have but one question to ask you before I stamp this. Considering the way you go about this immunity thing, would you say it's possible for a brilliant scientist slash alchemist to create a new, maybe more aggressive form of the Bafforr Pollen? A form which this worm does not actually provide immunity for?

Akin to how we try to curb the flu, and the virus keeps mutating so vaccination doesn't have a very long effect?

Your thoughts, please.

[member="Tsavong Kraal"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom