Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Moon Rising: A Short Star Wars Story

https://soundcloud.com/wararnaud/star-wars-the-force-awakens-episode-vii-composed-by-arnaudl

In the main hold of the Mynock
30min to hyperspace exit to Nar Shaddaa

Dressed in her grey-to-black robes and with her blonde hair tied up in a bun, Jedi Knight Henne Bastra stood before a hologram display mounted atop the main hold's central table - displayed were the floorplan schematics of a structure of Huttese design. Her electric blue eyes reflected the lighter blue-green hue of the hologram display, her pupils narrowing as she elaborately ran through the plan again one last time for herself and her companions - 4 others there were, and each with their own part to play in tonight's party.

The palace belonged to a minor but nevertheless dangerous Hutt crimelord, Kopa the Hutt - something of a collector and connoisseur of the older and finer things crafted by civilizations both then and now. Of particular interest to the young Jedi Consular was the lead of a supposed Holocron, and rumor was that this Hutt had commissioned spacers to reclaim it from one of the last surviving librarians of Ossus. These holocrons, both artifact and repository, held some of the most ancient or closely guarded secrets of both Jedi, and Sith. To craft one begged the highest skill - sorcery and logic known only to the loremasters, librarians and sages of the highest caliber. This particular one, if the leads from mercenaries who'd worked for Kopa were accurate, supposedly possessed the curricula for several major healing abilities - long since lost to time, save perhaps for a few remaining eccentrics that specialized in such things.

Tonight, Kopa was going to be throwing a party for the commissioning of his brand new sail barge - shady guests, mercenaries and other less savory characters aside, he'd also be showcasing his shiny new holocron, and Henne planned to make away with it before the Hutt even knew what happened.

"Voph", she began in her limpid and sonorous voice, "there's supposed to be a security wing to your right when you enter through the side door on the palace's southern flank. I don't think getting in is going to be a problem for you, so just hold outside the outer door in case we need you to go in. Hopefully it won't come to that, but I trust you can.. deal with any guards and detail fast enough before they raise the alarm?"

"Arcus, can you find a way to sneak into the storage holds? I know it sounds unpleasant, but in case things don't work out, we'll need someone to clear a path from the ballroom to the loading bay. Besides, you should be around where the kitchen is, so that should be good for making a distraction. You'll also get overwatch on the loading bay - if any more of Kopa's friends fly in."

"Gray, Nobunaga" she then finally came to the two of them, now wearing a half-smile on her face, "you two are accompanying me through the front door." She then held up a little white envelope as she continued, "I have an invitation to Kopa's party, I suppose he wants to show off even to a Jedi that he possesses an artifact of the Force. The both of you'll have to dress up as my bodyguards - carry only light weaponry of your choice please."

Henne then briefly glanced everyone over, nodding with a sigh. "Again, if we can walk away with the holocron without having to resort to savagery, let's go with that. No itchy fingers on your triggers please, and try not to draw attention to yourselves. I'll be providing you with transmitters so we can communicate, but please keep it down and work out an exit plan - a discreet one, please. We'll exfil 2 clicks to the west, behind the palace's long wall facing the Belladin wasteland."

She then sighed again, deeper this time and looking each of the 4 straight in the eyes. "If things go bad, make for the loading bay. Zayde (Henne's pilot) will be our ride out, but please, again, until we must absolutely resort to violence, please keep out of trouble, and out of sight. We won't know where the holocron is until we get there, so let's work together."

"... May the Force be with you."

3 Hours Later..

"How are you, Zayde?"

"... I'm ready, Master Jedi. The Mynock's touched down in the wastes. I'll keep the engines hot for you."

"Thanks.."

Henne wore her magistrate's gown as she walked toward the front entrance of Kopa the Hutt's palace. Elegant banners and flags of intricate and alien design hung from the banisters, walls and windowsills of the palace above them - like a proud monument of an animal towering over those who'd come to pay homage. The Jedi walked amidst Durians, Trandoshans. Nemoidians, other Hutts on hover-pads accompanied by their posses, Mandalorian bounty hunters, and Rodians, just to name a few of the wildly varied crowds that the Hutts drew. From atop the elevated walkway she was on, she could see lower-level catwalks down by the bottom of the deep metropolitan cliff that girded the palace all around - presumably headed to some of the many side entrances, or exits, out.

She was very careful with her gait and poise, as under her dress she'd kept her lightsaber holstered around her thigh. Of course she didn't entertain thoughts of using it tonight, but something didn't quite feel right. She half-smirked as she stopped before the great carbon-steel doors into Kopa's residence, letting all manner of aliens, near-humans and humans in as she put her finger to her earpiece and turned to the two men behind her - Nobunaga and Gray.

"We're here. Voph, Arcus, you two in place?", she softly chimed in under her breath, nodding at the two with her as she listened it for Voph and Arcus."

"You two try and enjoy the night, by the way. Talk to people. There'll be cards I'm sure. Stay close where I can see you and you can see me, but I think you two can use some enjoyment too." Henne smiled softly before quickly recomposing herself.

[member="The Wayfarer"]|[member="Voph"]|[member="Gray Venasir"]|[member="Arcus Tetevor"]|[member="Miri O'Hare"]

Arcus Tetevor

Self-Absorbed Gun for Hire
5242069.png

A bead of sweat trickled across Arcus’ face as he lay inside the container wearing his full Mandalorian armour set. The general idea was that he was to wear the armour to disguise him but he foolishly forgot to think about the temperature inside the container and how long he'd be in there for. The container that he had laid inside was being transported to where he presumed to be the storage area. Whoever was transporting the container he was in, clearly paid no attention to the ‘fragile’ warning that had been written on the side of the container as Arcus was thrown from side to side of the metal casing of the container.

There was a final large thud as the container was dropped to the floor. This Jedi best keep her side of the deal. ‘Absolutely no violence’ she said yet I think these transporters have already fractured a few of my bones. Muffled voices could be heard however it wasn’t anything that Arcus could make sense of. Eventually, these voices faded and this gave Arcus the indication that no one was close enough to hear him respond to Henne.

“I’ve made it in position in one piece, at least I think I am. There’s no way I’m staying in this furnace much longer, I’m boiling in here.” He gulped and took a moment to make sure that he couldn’t hear anybody nearby. He removed the Kishakk blade from its sheath and began to pry open the container he was encased in. A loud screeching noise could be heard as the cover was lifted. Arcus swore under his breath as he rolled out of the container. He leaped to his feet to stop the cover crashing down and making even more noise.

He scanned the room for any cameras or security. A security camera stared him dead in the eye however Arcus though nothing of it as his colleague was meant to have control at the security wing. "The storage hold seems clear at the moment." He took a deep breath. "Awaiting further orders."

Voph sat outside the security entrance, hunched over a pile of rags. His usual bone crest had been replaced with a tattered rag over his eyes, and his clothing was little more than a pile of rags. Or at least, that's what it looked like. He was clad in his full battle armor. But the Force had a way of guiding people to see what he wanted them to see. The rag over his eyes was real enough. For all intents and purposes, he was naught but a beggar, pausing outside the palace to rest in the shelter of the larger building. When he could, he pulled out a comlink, hidden in his large hand. "I'm here. Not much outside, but inside's a different story."

He, of course, could see everything in the room beyond. Nothing he couldn't handle, of course...but they were trying to do this civil like. "Four guards. Looks like they're playing cards. Patrol units checking in regularly. Standing by for the signal to breach." He hunched over as he concealed the comlink on his belt. He rocked back and forth slightly, doing his best to seem insignificant. If all went well, he'd be sitting here all night. Which was fine by him. But there was the small itch at the back of his mind telling him that something was going to go wrong...

[member="Arcus Tetevor"] | [member="Henne Bastra"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] | [member="The Wayfarer"]

Nar Shaddaa. A Place of games, cheating, crime and illiegal business. A Place of missery. It was a long time since Gray had been there last. Only once or twice after he started his career of smuggling. He used to live on this moon. But none of this mattered now. He was back, because of a job. Not his usual kind, but it was good With a change from time to time.

He wasn't used to play Security guard, even less in dressing like one. So the outfit he had chosen was a white shirt, With a black vest over. Dark-grey pants, and a belt where he had a cheap and bad blaster in the holster. He only had that blaster there for the appearance of him being a Security guard, and he suspected it could be taken from him when he entered. The real blasters were hidden. His holdout blaster had hidden in his neck, the shirt and his hair hanging over the top of it, and his main blaster hidden in his boot. It was not the best outfit for a guard, but it would have to make do.

As he, the employer and the other guy dressed up as Security guard were walking to the Palace, Gray felt anger towards this Hutt. So many lived poorly on this moon, while he lived in luxury. But Gray had to ignore that anger, at least for a time. They stopped in front of the entrance, and Henne made sure the others were in Place. Then she asked him and Nobunaga to try to have fun and keep up the appearance. "Will try," Gray answered. "And might I say that you loke lovely in that dress?"

As they entered, he kept Close to Henne, as protocol called for in Security guards. But when they had been there a few minutes, he went over to a Group playing sabacc. But he made sure to always have Henne in the line of sight, not Focusing to much on the game, just enough to not lose any big Money.

[member="Henne Bastra"] | [member="Voph"] | [member="Arcus Tetevor"] | [member="The Wayfarer"]

The Jedi nodded at Gray in reply, saying nothing as she kept her hand on her earpiece. The chatter and sound of glasses chiming as they were toasted inside could be heard now, all against the familiar musical drum of one of the more popular local Cantina bands that the Hutt had commissioned. Outside it was getting late, and as far as the eye could see, Nar Shaddaa's city-line lit up the moon's evening sky. It was going to be a long night.

"Alright, I'll check back in if anything comes up. Other than that, radio silence."

2 hours later...

The Twi'lek had been talking for about 5 minutes without pause now, Henne thought to herself as she maintained her diplomatic semi-smile and crossed her arms, refusing any of the server droids trying to offer her drinks. But it was precisely at that moment that the information that she'd been hunting for all night, like a Krayt Dragon tracking the peculiar scent of Banthas across the dunes of Tatooine, began to flesh out.

"But I trust Kopa, and in the years I've worked with him, I am sure he has taken the necessary measures to ensure our safety", the aging Twi'lek said, his lekku twitching slightly with contentment as he pointed to the catwalks circling the main ballroom like a girding balcony on over-watch - and on it, several Mandalorian mercenaries, carrying their assault rifles and the sleek holsters of Westar blaster pistols.

"There are many people who want that artifact, after all."

"What do you know about it?", Henne asked cordially as she cautiously began to probe her latest acquaintance. It was a challenge at this point just to keep her blonde, bushy eyebrows deadpan and not seem too interested in the thing.

"Well, nothing I am really at liberty to discuss", he replied with a smirk she found annoying, "I am sure you understand." In reply, Henne just discreetly waved her hand, "You will tell me everything you know about the artifact." She then used a subtle Force nudge to activate her earpiece so that her companions could listen in as well.

"I will tell you everything I know about the artifact", and, as if in a trance, continued, "Kopa said the artifact is of Jedi origin. When the relic hunters brought it here, they said they found it on Jaku, but they lied. Our contacts operating on Ossus said that one of the librarians there had lost a holocron. The cretins probably stole it off of him, but it makes little difference to us. It will be auctioned off tonight - it has attracted quite a crowd, you know. Look around you."

Henne continued to probe, "Do you know where it is?"

"Of course. It is in Kopa's quarters - the room is up the stairwell at the back of the ballroom. But you will never get in there - sentries, and security cameras."

"Have a pleasant evening, Mr. Pogrel", Henne now said as she waved him off and walked off, heading towards the center of the grand ballroom, under the bright lights of the colossal chandelier hanging above the crowds. Just a few steps away, Kopa the Hutt and his entourage were chatting with the more influential guests among the visitors, seemingly oblivious to the Jedi's presence.

"Did you boys get that?", Henne asked as she checked back in on their private channel. She then quickly turned to Gray off in the distance by the Sabacc table, which had by now managed to draw quite an audience, and nodded discreetly for him to wrap it up and come with. She then looked up at the Mandalorian sentries, and singled out the stairwell up at the back - by it, two Rodians standing by.

Well, this is going to take careful timing.

She activated her earpiece again. "Voph, we're going in. Hit the security wing and drop the veil. Arcus, we need a distraction. Draw attention away from the people here - we'll only need a few moments but it has to be loud."

And just then, Zayde radio'ed in as well - "Master Jedi, long range sensors are picking up two shuttle-class signatures. 5 minutes to arrival."

"Great, more guests", Henne sighed under her breathe as her small, skinny shoulders raised and fell, betraying slight exasperation.

[member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Voph"] [member="Arcus Tetevor"]

Miri O'Hare

M
Miri hated working with Hutts.

There were no two ways about it. They were slimy, smelly, and far too touchy, but their credits were always good and she needed those credits badly and parties on Nar Shaddaa where she could get boozed up on the job and worry relatively little about anyone trying to cross her or her employers were always a plus. It also meant she had time for a little extra fun after the gig was over. She didn't wear any sort of armor or any insignia of any kind but the Vicks that were also here walked around proudly in their black and red armor.

It was honestly kind of annoying.

She sighed and pushed herself from the wall she'd been leaning on. She could hear a Hutt's raucous laughter from beyond the the doors of Kopa's quarters and she cringed at the sound of rattling chains and took a few steps away from the door to try to block out the sounds coming from that room.

[member="Henne Bastra"] [member="Gray Venasir"] @Voph @Arcus Tetevor

Arcus Tetevor

Self-Absorbed Gun for Hire
Two incredibly long, boring hours had passed. Arcus had spent most of it sitting on a container and carving shapes in to the metal with his knife. Occasionally, he would have to act like he was supposed to be there or act like he knew what he was doing every time someone entered the storage hold but it wasn’t anything especially difficult. He also spent some time examining the contents of the other containers. There was nothing really there that caught his interest except for container which held several crates of Toniray wine, an expensive and rare alcoholic beverage. Arcus had developed a strong interest in alcohol over the years despite him only being 23. In most scenarios, Arcus would’ve tried to steal bottles or even a few crates but due to the sensitivity of this mission, he decided against it.

“Arcus, we need a distraction. Draw attention away from the people here - we'll only need a few moments but it has to be loud." A smirk appeared on Arcus’ face as a brilliant idea came to mind. Well it seemed brilliant in Arcus’ head, mainly because it meant that he got to drink a couple of expensive bottles of wine. About approximately 4 and half bottles of Toniray wine later, Arcus began to stagger towards the exit of the storage hold, his words were slurred and he couldn’t think straight. He crashed in to the door and entered the kitchen and greeted the staff with loud, unintelligible singing. All the eyes were facing Arcus, they were not surprised with this kind of behaviour from one of the Mandalorians.

Several of the staff had become fed up with Arcus’ behaviour and decided to try to get him out of the kitchen.

The Artiodac who was clad in all white kitchen staff uniform placed his hand on Arcus’ shoulder and beckoned him to leave. Arcus replied to this by regurgitating on the chef’s uniform. The staff looked at the pool of vomit that continued to grow as it dripped down off the Artiodac’s clothes. They all exited the kitchen swiftly to fetch a guard. Whilst he was alone in the kitchen, Arcus thought of a way for him to create a bigger diversion. He took a final swig from the bottle of Toniray wine. “Goodbye” he whispered to the bottle. He threw the it at the open flames of the stove. The glass smashed as it made contact with the stove and the contents met with the flames as a burst of flames erupted and caused the fire alarm to go off. Arcus had done his part, he hobbled out of the kitchen and re-entered the storage room to recuperate and try to recover from his headache.

Voph smiled as he stood, cloak falling from his shoulders. He turned, glancing into the room. A hand extended, and the door clicked open. As he stepped into the room, the guards looked up. Blasters were drawn, and Voph's left hand outstretched. The blasters were thrown against the wall, and Voph surged forward. He'd always preferred the lightsaber to his ability with the Force. And yet he knew it was not his only strength. The large man, clad head to toe in the fearsome Beskar Armor kept his lightsaber concealed. No need to let them know the true extent of his abilities.

His arm flew forward, and slammed into one of the guards, knocking him backwards. He spun with the impact and a boot connected with a guard's chin. The remaining two he was tempted to slam together, but he needed one awake. So he grabbed one and head-butted him. Then he rounded on the remaining guard. He reached out with his main hand, and gripped the man through the Force. Voph spoke in fluent Huttese, "Alert them to my presence, and you die. Sit down. Patrol reports in, everything is alright."

Voph released the man and nodded towards the control seat. He scrambled over and sat down, shaking in light of Voph's utter annihilation of the guards. "Security is ours. I'll disable as much as I can without arousing suspicion."

[member="Arcus Tetevor"] [member="Miri O'Hare"] [member="Henne Bastra"] [member="Gray Venasir"]

The sabacc had gone well, and Gray was on a streak. But just then, work called. His earpiece buzzed to life, and tha talking from the other end made it hard for him to focus and look inconspicous. Luckily the others were too focused on not losing to see that. When Henne gave the sign for im to come, he was forced to make a stupid excuse to leave. "I'm sorry gentelmen, but I'l have to end my game now." He collected the Money he had won, which made a Nice bonus to this mission, and stood up to leave. "Duty Calls, but it has been fun taking Your Money" The last part earned him some angry looks, but they were decent enough not to make a racket there.

He made his way over to Henne, walking slowly so it didn't look like he had to be someplace. When he reached her, he tried to make it look like he was her bodyguard. Standing straight and Close, as if ready to protect should anything happen. In a quite voice he said: "Yeah, I heard it. What's the plan now?" At the start of the evening, he had tried to look at how well guarded the Place was. He hadn't seen all, but he knew there were a lot. Then suddenly, the firealarm went off. People were panicking and started running around, some even screaming. "I'm guessing that's Our signall to move in and take this artefact?"

[member="Voph"] | [member="Arcus Tetevor"] | [member="Miri O'Hare"] | [member="Henne Bastra"] |

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom