Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Back to Dromund Kaas

Objective: discover treasure
Tags: Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora

Back to Dromuund Kaas, or however that place was spelled. Mairéad hadn't been here since her fateful fight with Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt that had left her close to death, but also had led her to her Solus and Black Oak families, so she bore no malice regards this place or what happened here. Her ship had landed not far from the last place she had put it, the ruin she had initially suspected the item to reside in, and they her and Vulcan had destroyed was merely an entrance to a larger facility, still abandoned due to the inhospitable freezing nature of the south polar region, she hoped. They were deep withing old Ashlan space, but the Sith still regularly infiltrated these places and there were worse things that inhabited ancient tombs, so both of them women needed to be prepared.

Untitled586_20230214121659.png

"It's kind of beautiful put here isn't it… if you don't mind the cold." she shouted over the wind to Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora as the two of them checked their provisions. "How you doing?" it was cold, really cold and very exposed, so the pair had to wrap up. Mairéad didn't technically have too, the ice witch didn't fear the cold, but it was still more comfortable to feel the high quality furs wrapped snuggly around her. Mairéad pointed across at the horizon where it was just possible to make out some ruins, "Just over there is where my old life died" she said proudly. "And just in there, is where this damn plate should be." she gestured towards the frozen fortress built into the wall a mile or so away. If the information she had gleaned from her studies was correct, it should teach how to unlock further parts of her powers, what that meant though was still anyone's guess. Powerful treasures rarely resided alone too, so if they found the alchemical plate, they would likely find other items that might fetch a high price to the right buyer. Mairéad put the last part of her gear into the bags attached to the two person half track and lifted her leg on to mount the vehicle, "shall we go?" she gave a raise of her eyebrows and glanced to the seat behind her for Marcella to ride.​

Business, Espionage & Faith

M A R C E L L A⠀ F I O R A

'Blizzard'

Wrapped up in multiple thermal layers in an attempt to keep warm, Marcy' was not impressed with Mai's comment about the cold, "It's cricking freezing!!" she pointed out, aware of the fact that Mai' couldn't feel the cold. "Got everythin' we need?" called out Marcy', as she joined Mai' on the half-tracked snow vehicle, now appreciating the warmer climate of Epica. "Please do~ is it at least warmer inside?" quipped Marcy', now wanting to just get out of the cold.

Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus

"Please do~ is it at least warmer inside?"

"It should be, its sheltered from the wind in there." Mairéad smiled as she put her goggles on her face to protect her eyes during the journey. She would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy feeling the Caporegime behind her on the snowmobile, but any improper thoughts were quickly replaced by adrenaline as she gunned the engine and the vehicle sped out across the snow. It bounced up and down over wind formed moguls in the snow and Mairéad whipped it around obstacles as they went. They wouldn't be able to talk much as they went, but the journey would only take a few minutes anyway.

The pair would quickly pull up outside the open space in the cliff where man-made stone replaced unworked rock, Mairéad was right that the space in the fortress was slightly warmer as it was more sheltered but it was still very cold. Mai pulled her furred hood off of her head to reveal her braided hair, the way she liked to wear it when she was either in armour or on a trek like this her face was caked in frost except for the place where her goggles had covered her. "So here we are boss" she laughed, on this sort of missions Mairéad was much more experienced due to year between slavery and Family, but it did not temper her respect for Marcella in the slightest. "The door needs the caress of some explosives, want to do the honours?"

'Blizzard'

"Oh good," she grimaced through the cold, pleased to at least be in good company. As she pair sped through the snow-covered terrain, Marcy' held on firmly to Mai', not wishing to be claimed by the snow and it's cold embrace. Eventually, the pair reached the icy fortress; "Huh.. you were here before?"

Stepping off the snow-vehicle, Marcy' reached into a bag placed behind her on the seat of the vehicle, retrieving a few thermal detonators~ " 'Course! I'll pop 'em on a timer." Marcy' waded through the snow towards the door, creating a path for her to run back along; 20 seconds, she set the detonators for after laying them at the weak points of the doors, then running back towards Mai' to get out of the blast radius.

"Sorted."

The blast shook the ground and kicked snow up into the air as Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora came running back. "That looked fun, way too few oppurtunities to use explosives around the office dont you think?" Mairéad laughed and began walking towards the door.

"Huh.. you were here before?"

"Not here, here, but a few miles away is where I took a bullet from the mandorian that nearly killed me. He and I are straight now, but it feels odd being back here." The witch lifted her hand and with the force, cleared some of the rubble out of the way of the door from the partial collapse due to Marcella's generous application of explosives. As Mairéad lit her torch and the pathway was finally revealed the tunnel with its vaulted ceiling went on for a few dozen metres into the cliff before opening up. She swept her torch along the walls and there was clear signs that at some point, something had breached the walls and that there may be creatures in here. There was a small hole that looked a bit like a badgers burrow. And several small bones.

She walked a little further with Marcella by her side, she liked these little forays, her mission with Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha had been fun, if exceptionally more violent than this one too. She looked at Marcella with a smirk, "It's none of my business, of course, but I noticed a little tension between you and Kardek at dinner the other night, everything alright?". Her and Marcella had a very close relationship and Kardek was a friend and work colleague, so it had piqued her interest, but she made sure to ask the question in a tone that was curious, not prying. She continued exploring and moving her torch around as the pair chatted, their voices made strange echoes off of the ancient walls.

'Blizzard'

Offering a smirk at Mai's remark of explosives under her mask, she followed her companion towards the now destroyed doors of the ice-fortress; "Oh dearie, you're sure you're.. 'straight' now? Anything we need to look into?" she offered, more than happy to have someone track down this individual on her behalf.

"
Handy," she joked as Mai' moved the remaining rubble from their explosive escapade, Marcy' flicked her light on to see where she was going, rather enjoying the current company- at least before the topic of Kardek came up, a question which only a few could ask.

"
'Course, Kardek just got a little too cocky-- seems to think he's untouchable now he works for Stardust and runs that little project of his; you've met him, you know what I mean," retorted Marcy' as her voice echoed through the chilly halls of the fortress, "speaking of you knowing him, what do you make of him? I've noticed you both chatting a few times.."

Untitled593_20230218225017.png

Mairéad raised her eyebrows at the offer from Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora to track down Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt . "No need, its done, i tracked him to a bar on Kestri and we chatted, it was ok, he showed me the artificial leg I gave him, I showed the scar on my shoulder." she laughed a little at the pair calling it even, she genuinely had no ill feelings towards the young mandalorian and even respected him. "But thank you for the offer."

The room widened to open up in front of them, in the centre of the room was a large mushroom shaped rotary winch that led to a metal bridge across a narrow ravine, the metal and the rope looked worn with age but through luck or some form of alchemical treatment it had stood the test of time. Mairéad pushed on one of the beams to start rotating the winch.

"speaking of you knowing him, what do you make of him? I've noticed you both chatting a few times.."

She laughed, cocky was a word she could get behind. "Make of him? Hmmm, he's a good guy, he's got some demons on his shoulders that he won't let go off." she shrugged, didn't they all. "I thought he and I might have a problem due to our shared interest in, well... you. That seems to have settled though, I trust him, my take is that he thinks it is him against the world and he struggles to see a world where people are not against him. There is certainly a decent guy there though, the way he is with Alpha, I think that gives a window into the real him." She laughed at in anticipation of her last comment, unsure whether to add it, was she talking him up to Marcella now? "He is pretty handsome too isn't he?" she gave Marcella a little scowl that was part accusation, part playful. Mairéad had no claim to Marcella and was happy with where they were, but there was still a part of her that would rather not see her with Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha .

She continued to push on the bar with a little struggle, it was moving slowly and the bridge was coming down, she gave a little glance to Marcella and to the opposite beam, it was a game made for two. The bridge would cross the ravine and onto the next area, this place seemed larger I'm here than she had expected, but at least it was noticeably warmer than outside.

'Blizzard'

Moving to push the opposite beam, Marcy' considered Mai's words carefully, "Perhaps," she huffed, pushing with a decent amount of effort, "he has his moments, though~ times where he's insufferable and times where you can appreciate his value.." her eyes peered over to Mai' as the pair pushed the beams.

"
Handsome.. he's eyecandy," she mused in response to Mai's comments, " 'nice to look at but.. there's too much going on inside that rough skull of his," Marcy' squinted, almost venting about her prior conversation with the gunslinger. In-fact, she found Kardek to be rather intellectually charming yet she wasn't about to share that with her underboss.

Once the beams were pushed, Marcy' dusted the ice off her gloves, "
what now?"

"what now?"

"For the handsome Demone or for our mission?" she asked rhetorically with a laugh as the frozen bridge landed in place and opened up their passage. Mairéad walked over and put her hand on the structure, before taking tentative steps. The ravine was deep, to the point that it was nearly impossible to gauge its actual depth, but in the dim light that didn't mean a lot. The gap was only about five meters until she reached the other side and looked up at an old archway that led inside.

It was a cut stone archway that had some language carved in it. It was the name of the entity that dwelled here, written in ancient Sith, but Mairéad did not recognise that language so could do nothing but take a few pictures for their records. "Have you even been in a place life this?" she took more steps and something clattered at her feet, a bone, the size of a human arm bone but without the rest of the skeleton, it had gnaw marks on one side. Mairéad gave Marcella a slightly concerned look before placing it back on the floor.

The corridor now twisted and went downwards again, spiralling into what looked like a mausoleum, it was cold and damp down here, but Mairéad felt they were nearing their goal. "Watch your step, there is moss on some of these." she said to her friend as she reached back and held out her hand to guide the last few steps onto the marbled floor below. This was certainly a crypt of some description, vestibules on either side of a larger room held old sarcophagi. The closest one was sealed, and still had its gold name plate on it, again, written in the indecipherable language. "We might be the first people down here, the embellishments haven't been taken. What is your opinion on grave treasure?" it was a genuine question, to some people, robbing a tomb was stealing from those that had no need for it, but to others it went against their faith so should be avoided.

'Blizzard'

"Oh, I have half a mind of what to do with him, but the mission," she laughed, looking down past the bridge as the pair crossed the ice structure, "dear Ashla, this is horrid," Marcy' put her hand on Mai's shoulder, not wanting to fall to her death while they crossed. "Never... it's.. intriguing, do you know that language?" she pointed at the etches on the stone archway.

As the pair continued further within, the clanking of the bone startled the underboss; "Ah! Someone must've brought their canine down here.." she joked nervously, placing her hand inside her jacket to rest her hand on her blaster pistol, "
hopefully anything down here is long gone.."

Following her Capodecina down the twisted path, she heeded Mai's guiding hand and took her time on the way down, not wanting to slip. "
'Don't think it's the moss we need to be worried about," Marcy' pointed out the icey conditions, "were you expecting a crypt?"

Mai's final question took her by surprise and caused Marcy' to think for a moment, "
'situational, if we're taking from the once incorrigible and the item has purpose~ sure, otherwise no.."

"
Are you okay with this?" she raised her eyebrow, looking at the golden nameplate and back at Mai'.

"No, I dont recognise the language at all and in all honesty, I don't know what I expected to find down here." she continued exploring, walking past several more sarcophagi, including one that was broken open by what looked like an old cave in. "Come have a look at this...." Mairéad gestured at a skeletal occupant, still wearing his ornate burial mask. A student of the church like Marcella would probably begin to piece enough together that this was likely a sith burial chamber, but all Mairéad knew is that looking directly at the mask for some reason sent a chill down her spine, and not the sort she was accustomed to.

"Are you okay with this?"

"I'm not sure, growing up I never planned on being buried with anything, for obvious reasons, but I know the masters believed they retained their connection to their wordly possessions so buried them with them, including their slaves on occasion" she shuddered at that thought and pause a little longer "I suppose, like you said, if it was some I needed, or something materially useful, then maybe? But just looting to sell some dead guy's possessions? I'm better than that.... I think." she smiled and shrugged at her friend before they continued, she would be a lousy business woman if she had to steal someone elses legacy.

Her torch lingered on something that glinted at the back of the room, an ornate wall engraving, lined with electrum that shone as the torch passed over it. It depicted the figure of robed man in a long robe with what looked like shards of ice emanating from each of his hands. Where his legs opened was a doorway, leading to another room, it seemed to beckon Mairéad towards it, she felt like she was nearing her quarry.

'Blizzard'

"This is.. a dark place, Mai'," she sighed nervously, beginning to wonder why her artefact would be in such a place of darkness and dread. "I get that, you okay?" Marcy' quizzed compassionately, knowing that references to slavery could be rather jarring for her underboss.

"
Ice..? Is that ice? Like the stuff you can do?"

(Smol post!)

"This is.. a dark place, Mai',"

"Mhm..." she replied thoughtfully, it felt dark here, but also kind of invigorating for the witch, she could never deny her power came from a dark place, as much as she herself was not so inclined. "Yeah, I'm fine, thinking about what could have happened to me if it weren't for a quirk of fate, it's hard to imagine now."

Mairéad nodded slowly and grinned out of the corner of her eyes at the question about whether the image was similar to Mairéads own abilities, she held out her own hand to mimic the way the image held it's and cold air began to boil off of her skin, forming into a long blade of ice that matched the form in front of her, a little cruder than the image, but it was clear what she was doing.

But then the cave, or the force, something send a growl to through the air, something outside of normal hearing that both woman would feel. "It seems we are expected, I'd make a little prayer to Ashla, but I'm still not sure if she likes me..." she stuck her tongue out slightly between her teeth in and glanced at Marcella with a warm smile before walking through the doorway, clutching the shard of ice like a sword.

Inside the room was a hexagonal room with statues of what looked like old Sith knights on each of the five walls other than the doorway. In the very centre of the room was a sarcophagus, draped in ice was shaped like it had flowed from an item on top of the lid. A large shallow golden dish, very like the one Mairéad had described.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom