Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back To Basics (Keldabe)

Calico had just about had enough. He set his helmet on his head and clicked his teeth. The sound would normally be inaudible, but through the helmet-to-helmet link, all of the Dreadguard could hear his displeasure. Da'ika, don't get into it. Not worth the time. These aren't the Mando'ade I grew up with. Not people like the one you're speaking to." Calico stayed completely still; the Strill had completely relaxed.

He had come to Keldabe for two reasons. Neither of them involved dealing with men who were nothing like what the Mandalorians, his family, that were around so very long ago. To put it simply, he was disgusted. "I don't know when the Mando'ade turned into bigots, but that seems to be the case." The words were spoken over the private comm.

"Let Galaar finished his fight. It's dishonorable to leave in the middle of it. After that, I'm picking up my kit and getting off this rock. They treat us like the aruetiise. Worse, rather. You boys are the best of the best. Don't ever let them tell you you're just a science project." Calico was beyond shaken. It had taken a lot of guts to return to Mandalore, and they didn't even give him the chance to prove himself, or whatever they wanted. It was all just a flurry of insults.

You couldn't just shake off how you were raised. "Besides, you're my boys. My brothers and sons. Is'ika and I raised you boys the way you were meant to be raised. I have no idea why in Corellia's Nine Hells these people are acting like this, it's not Mandalorian. Don't take this as the way they are." With his rant over, Calico folded his arms over his chest.

With luck, his boys would avoid the bigots. With luck, the people who actually had some tolerance would stay around and show his boys that the culture they were raised in wasn't this. With luck, Galaar would win his fight and shut this hateful di'kut up.

@[member="CC-442 Daral"] @[member="Kage CC-743"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

Just one more butchered soul.
Galaar was laughing even more at Preliat as the man wrapped himself around Galaar's right arm. The limb didn't budge, it wasn't anymore weighed down but there was an obvious hum of strained mechanics. If Preliat looked something was falling off the arm: plas-skin. The entirety of that arm was mechanical even up to the shoulder bone. The worst part for Preliat the arm was still bending in the direction it needed to in order to stave off any system failure or rupture. There was no dislocating it, it was specialized for combat.

Galaar was about to deliver another string of punches as he had Preliat right where he wanted him. However, someone was interrupting. There was the sound of a gun clicking and someone obviously trying to tear Preliat off of him to break up their fight. In response the clone stopped punching but would keep that strangle-hold on Preliat with the mechanical arm until he broke the grapple.

@Ral'in Kaloran @Galaar CC-252 @Xan Qenadius @Preliat Mantis @Commander Calico CC-247 @Gilamar Skirata @Kage CC-743 @Kage CC-743

Strider hung his head in shame and new this wasn't the proper welcome any vod should have when they return home. Clone or not. Strider looked at Calico and then to the rest. "Let these two di'kuts finish their bromance in peace. The rest of ya that wish to join me in the Tap Caf, drinks will be on me" He looked back to Calico hoping he would accept "Let me show you a proper home coming. Don't let the views of one or two ruin your view on us"

With that Strider twisted on his heels and walked back into the Oyuu'baat to open up a very large tab.

@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"] and everyone else in ear shot

Anger rushed through Daral. He didn't have vod? Then how the hell did this mir'osik think Calico and them were to him? And there was no distinction between comrade and brother, not in soldiers, those you fought with were your brothers and sisters, any soldier since the beginning of time would've said the same. Not to mention he was related by blood to the other clones, the same blood. He wanted to snap back, tell Xan he was dead wrong, but his commander had given him orders, and soldiers followed orders. But he doubted Xan knew that.

Turning on his heel away from the man his eyes turned back to the fight, he wouldn't leave until Galaar had finished dealing with this shabbier and the Dread Guard could get stone stimcaf with the one of the few decent Mandolorians left.

@[member="Strider Garon"] @Kage CC-743 @Ral'in Kaloran @Galaar CC-252 @Xan Qenadius @Preliat Mantis @Commander Calico CC-247 @Gilamar Skirata

Calico cast a curious glance back at Strider. A drink or two would be a good way to pass the time as Galaar fought to prove himself. "To pass the time, sure. I've still got an hour or so." His tone was calm, albeit missing its usual icy tone that he held when dealing with hostilities. This Strider had treated his boys well--Calico decided he was a food one.

"Ga'ika, try not to lose. I'd really hate to put you back through ringer, ner'vod." With that, he motioned with two fingers, and strode back into the Oyuu'baat, intent on enjoying himself until his beskar'gem was done being worked on. He would deal with the social issues later. The clones, as he saw it, seemed to have to prove themselves to the Mando'ade--not that they had much to prove. The Dreadguard were becoming a house-hold name for their combat prowess, but if the Mandos wanted a right of passage, The Commander of the Dreadguard would happily oblige.

@[member="Strider Garon"] @[member="Kage CC-743"] @[member="Ral'in Kaloran"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"] @[member="Xan Qenadius"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @Commander Calico CC-247 @[member="Gilamar Skirata"] @[member="CC-442 Daral"]

Preliat had no time to react. Arrbi came into a battle circle (something that he would regret later) and then he found that the clone had a cybernetic arm all of a sudden. No matter. He still had many places open to him. Punches were thrown, but the distance and the odd position the clone was in, meant that the punches were being thrown at his legs, which Preliat simply grunted off in response. Preliat had another option in this instance, Galaar had failed to re-position his hand- Preliat wasn't being choked anymore, but rather forced downward by a hand and being punched. Galaar, was now going to be an unhappy man. Preliat ignored the pain he endured from the punches, and then re-positioned his legs. Galaar was a big man, but he couldn't ignore physics any longer. Preliat threw his weight downward, and then moved his legs at the same time. One leg shot over Galaar's shoulder, and then re-wrapped itself around his head. His other leg, went shooting across Galaar's bicep, preventing any real movement from his other arm.

Preliat grabbed his shin that was wrapped around his head, pulling down with all his battle-hardened and muscular might, and began to choke and pull in the same instance. Galaar, to escape, would have to go to the ground with him, or risk being bent over and choked out like a little punk. There were only a select few ways to escape this, and none of them were particularly easy in a fight. Preliat kept his chin tucked under Galaar's hand. He was being pushed away, which wouldn't do much for the big man. It was David versus Goliath, and although Preliat wasn't happy, he was dealing with it. Galaar's cybernetic arm would do him little good when his human neck was being choked out, and he had to act fast, infact, between five to ten seconds, before his vulnerable carotid artery and the vagus nerve in his neck spelled his doom in the battle circle.

@[member="Galaar CC-252"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar kept a tight grip on Preliat's neck; even if it wasn't a choke. It was a hold and thats all he needed at this point. Preliat did exactly what Galaar expected him to do and try and drag him downward. No matter how it was sliced and diced Galaar would have an advantage in a grapple like this. He was bigger and and had a better point of gravity. It must have been one awkward sight. As Preliat wrapped around his shin around Galaar's head the clone smirked and then without provocation went to bite down right were the tendons connected the socket joint to the bone. It was the worst kind of place to be bit, the teeth if landed would sever nerves, a major blood vessel, and most of all precious connective tissue that gave that section of the leg mobility and muscle range.

His weight also gave him another deciding factor. If he fell, he chose were to fall... The man tipped forward, poising to crush Preliat's neck and head between his hand and the hard dirt ground with both of their weights and crush Betna if he didn't move.

@[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Arrbi Betna"]

Galaar bit his leg, like a wounded animal. Pathetic. They claimed to be Mandalorians, but they fought like a cornered Sith dog. He grinded his teeth, as he felt his teeth puncture skin. As much as Galaar would like to believe, Preliat was still wearing his pants. And that would take some considerable nomming to get to the yummy flesh beneath his leg. Preliat felt himself fall, though. He grunted. His neck was tilted upwards, so that meant....he was not looking forward to the next part.

THUD.

Ow. Ow.
Pain.
Lots of pain.

Preliat's upper back and shoulders impacted the ground with his neck raised and tilted forward. the tip of his spine protected by his protruding back muscles. It did, however, hurt like hell though. Preliat knew that he would have a nasty bruise and maybe some strained muscles, but other than that, it was dirt and Preliat wasn't that high up to be in considerable danger from an impact. Preliat didn't relinquish his grip however, a bite into his pants that nicked his skin and caused him a great deal of grunting and a bit of a howl, and getting slammed onto the ground was something you were expecting with a triangle choke, especially on a larger opponent. Galaar didn't bother to even think of a way to escape from the lock, and now had even less than five seconds to find a way to escape it. And with his seeming lack of experience, that was very, very, very unlikely to happen.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
And that was that. Despite everyone else going into the tapcaf to enjoy the bolo-ball game, Gilamar had decided to stay and watch. Preliat was a warrior through and through and even Betna's sturdy hand couldn't stop the fight the younger Mandalorian had initiated. But the clone was struggling under the pressure of the triangle choke and so Gilamar stepped forward. There would be no death here. Not today. Not on his watch.

Striding forward, clad in his own set of black Beskar'gam the Mand'alor spoke again, this time with more authority. "Alright Preliat, you proved your point now get the hell off of him." Wrapping his gloved hands around Preliat's strange ponytail he yanked once as a warning, and when the inevitable happened and he refused to budge, he smacked the side of his head with a light beskar plated backhand. "Up!"
@[member="Preliat Mantis"]

When the Mandalore said you were to cease the fight, you did. Preliat had endured a lot in the fight, he felt as though he was concussed slightly. His head had impacted the ground from the choke, but Galaar had failed to escape from the deadly triangle choke. Preliat released him right before any man would pass out, and lay on his back, even after Gil hit him over the head and pulled his mohawk. Preliat stood up slowly, staring down Galaar. He was no vod of his, that was for sure. He stared at Galaar for a while, before turning his head and spitting blood that had formed from the impact with the ground. His shoulder hurt, where he had landed when he put him in the flying choke. His head hurt more recently, with the addition of a smack from a beskar-plated backhand. Blood fell from his head where Gil struck.

Preliat shot Gilamar the meanest look he had ever given another living being.

"Yes sir."

Preliat said coldly to Gil, exiting the battle circle. He stayed at the edge for a moment, not stepping out of the circle. He turned back to the clone, baring his teeth. He wanted to say something, but he had already proven his point, and so did the clone. The clone was good at striking, but a Mandalorian couldn't perform well in their armor with striking against other armored opponents. Grappling was the main way to achieve victory in a fight, as nearly every fight ended up- you guessed it- on the ground. As Galaar just learned, that's where he excelled at in combat. Preliat wasn't walking away scott-free though, a number of headaches, pulled muscles, and an aching few stomach parts would welcome him later on.

@[member="Galaar CC-252"]@[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar was sore... His whole body was in pain and he thought he was going to pass out before he heard some kind of yelling and thee grip around his neck finally let up. As soon as it did Galaar retched a cough and looked around through his blurred vision. It felt like the old days, the days when he was being trained by Vau. The aggressive, animalistic brawls and the short-lived vicious melees. Preliat was the first opponent in a long time to remind him of Vau or any off his previous brothers.

Galaar looked up and his eyes fell right on Preliat's, like two sets of burning coals meeting halfway from an explosion that just rocked a wooden building. Their was animosity in his own glare as he stood, the clone's jaw visibly flexed as he watched the man turn and bare his teeth. Every instinct in Galaar's body told him to rush forward again and engage the man a second time, every part of him wanted to... Besides one... Something about this whole situation told him that there would be another time and another place. "Munit tome'tayl, skotah iisa." Long Memory, short fuse. Galaar knew when he talked that he had strained more than one muscle in his neck and jaw and his gut hurt like something had been bruised internally. Never good. It seemed both had taken a beating in their own way.

The clone relaxed though and looked at Gilamar. He had no idea who this man was, or why Preliat had listened to him. He only knew that he had stepped in at the right time and in the right place. His gaze also fell to the Mandalorian who had earlier tried to yank Preliat off. It then gazed back at his brothers before looking at the two natives again, Gilamar and Betna. "Thank you, vod, both of you." It hurt to say that, he knew both Bralor and Vau would have been disappointing with all this, especially that. Kark... I can't have fallen outta touch... I can't.

@Strider Garon @Kage CC-743 @Ral'in Kaloran @Galaar CC-252 @Xan Qenadius @Preliat Mantis @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"] @Gilamar Skirata @CC-442 Daral

Well, that was one way to cool things down. A soft sigh escaped Calico as he set the Strill down. Lord Cabur scrambled in the messy, slobbering way that it did when it charged for Galaar. The Commander paused half-way through the door of Oyu'baat. "Gonna have to take a rain check on that drink, Strider. My boys and I won't forget your kindness. I'm sure a few may stick around."

With that, Calico lifted his helmet up from his head and clipped it to his belt. He marched on up to Galaar and grabbed him by the forearm in an old, traditional greeting. "Gar gotal proud, ner'vod."

With that, he turned toward the Mandalore and their special mohawk-ed friend. "Thank you. It occurs to me that this is going to happen anytime my boys try to visit what they were brought up to think is home."

There you go again, playing the protective father. Trying to fill in the old boots I suppose?

"And personally, I'd like to return without bigotry and persecution from people who have no idea what these men are. They aren't just clones, they're people, with personalities, aspirations, feelings." He fixated Preliat with a none-too-pleased expression. "So, if there's a way I we can resolve this, Mandalore-- " He paused to make sure this was the right man. "- a trial, some sort of test to prove their worth, I'd be happy to hear it."

@[member="Strider Garon"] @[member="Kage CC-743"] @[member="Ral'in Kaloran"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"] @[member="Xan Qenadius"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Gilamar Skirata"] @[member="CC-442 Daral"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar turned to watch Calico address the Manda'lor. Good old Sarge... Was the first thought that run through his head. The second was interrupted by his strill running into him with some kind of whimpering noise as it sniffed him and then looked up at him with rather intelligent eyes. "Udesii Cabur." Galaar responded and gave the musky Mandalorian hunting animal a pat to the head before gazing up at Gilamar. Now he knew who this man was; this was the sole ruler of Preliat's people, of his people.

Galaar stood more upright despite the screaming pain in his midriff and gave a polite bow of his head to Gilamar. Mandalorians were never one for extravagant leadership and displays of feality. Thats what Vau taught him in the least. "A trial'd work that way I can show di'kutla chakaar that we're the real deal. Mando'karla!"

@Strider Garon @Kage CC-743 @Ral'in Kaloran @Galaar CC-252 @Xan Qenadius @Preliat Mantis @Gilamar Skirata @CC-442 Daral @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom