Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back To Basics (Keldabe)

The galaxy was a constantly changing place. Empires fell, regimes formed. Political ideas shifted as common as the winds. Religious ideals formed and faded as time went on. Even the Mandalorians, the Mando'ade, a people Calico had once taken great pride in, had become something else. Razing worlds had never....seemed like the Mando way. It was dishonorable, cowardly, and yet, from a tactical standpoint, it made sense.

Calico had declared himself dar'manda the day he had learned of what exactly happened on Dromund Kass. That wasn't something the honorable family he remembered would have done. Yet, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stop himself from occasionally speaking the language, or missing the sense of belonging. Galaar's strict faith in what they had both been raised in certainly didn't help. In truth, Calico missed it. The majority of the RC regime back in the Clone Wars was brought up, taught, trained, and lived to the very definition of the word Mandalorian.

It felt like a disgrace to Bralor's careful training to truly turn his back on the people: no matter how far they seemed to have fallen. It was for these reasons, that Calico had taken his Belbulab down to land in Keldabe. Mandalore looked remarkably like he remembered, but there were still many differences. His advanced Katarn rig would only make him stand out more once he disembarked.

The two man star-fighter plopped down in an open roof landing pad with no one to greet it; save for a small team of engineering droids. Calico slid out of the sleek silver vessel in full armor: kama swaying behind him as he made sure his DC-17 was in its usual holster on his upper thigh plate. He turned toward the second seat of the fighter.

"Mi'vaar ti'gaar ner'vod. Tsikala at haa'taylir yaim?"

Galaar Tal'Verda

Just one more butchered soul.
This was Galaar's third trip to Mandalore. The clone was clad in his full beskar with all of guns attached, including a brand new Templar Crossbow. He was humming to Calypso music that he was blaring through the ship's intercom as he sharpened his vibrosword. His helmet lay on the controls along with a stack of obscene holozines.

As the ship slowly decended, he looked up from his blade and turned to Calico with a grin. His strill was laying between the two pilots chairs and now stirring back to life. The man started to stretch his shoulders and stand up; his sword being slid back into its hoist on his back.

"Briikase ner'vod. Its been a long slagging time."

@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

"Very long time...I want to visit the memorial." He paused to take a quick look around. Galaar in full Beskar'gam was a rather nostalgic sight. "Also looking to grab some Beskar'gam...see the situation of things."

Needless to say, Calico was uneasy. He motioned for Galaar to follow as he strode out through the spaceport. The sight was familiar--yet different. Keldabe had grown, but it was still robust in its own way. A few looks were cast Calico's way, though most payed him no heed. Katarn wasn't anything near Beskar, but it looked similar. Hopefully, no one would give him and trouble.

He strode confidently as his boots crunched dead grass. Mandos stood in ones and two around the streets, an occasional speeder passing through. This was what home was supposed to be. "Beskar'gam sol'yc. Ni linibar jate besbe." The words slipped off his tongue with a usual Mando'ade sense of fluency. Once, Calico had been a die hard Mandalorian. Once, he was also a simple Sergeant. How things had changed.

Or maybe I just changed...

The Commander creaked an old wooden door open with one hand. The workshop was smell: a typical forge found on the beloved world. A rather old Togorian male sat looking bored at a datapad behind the counter. Beskar metal workers always seemed mysterious to Calico--he never remembered them looking so bored.

"Shab...I miss how simple things used to be."

Galaar CC-252

Galaar Tal'Verda

He picked the armor up on his last trip to Mandalore, again, compliments from Isley. The Clone rarely wore this kit, still preferring his tried and true Katarn. It was a dark orange with blue detail; the helmet's visor had a green glow to it and on his chest had a rough painting a Vulpine-like creature on it. Kark, this slag is light compared to the Katarn. Not sure how much I like it... Atleast I'll blend in... Meanwhile his Strill basically darted off with a loud chirp, elated to be home again.

"Jate yaim, mhi barlir ne'tra gal bal Uj'alyli?" Five minutes onto the world and Galaar was already asking for alcohol and food, he followed Calico into the shop, letting the strill do as strill do on Mandalore.

"Meh gat jate, ner'vod." The words were spoken through a private comm channel. It was times like these that Calico sincerely missed his other brothers. He and Galaar must have survived for some reason--they just hadn't figure out why. Perhaps it was to see the Confederacy through, or it was possibly something else entirely. He would never admit it to anyone but Galaar, but the idea of living outside of the military was a dream. Unattainable, but a dream none-the-less.

The Togorian didn't look particularly happy to see Calico. He regarded Galaar with a short nod. "Mi'vaar ti'gaar." It paused to stare at Calico. "Me'copaani?" The Togorian--now clearly a male, rumbled. "Beskar'gem. Ni ganar waadas." The Commander shot back. The Togorian looked slightly taken aback with the fluency with which Calico spoke.

"Vorpan bal ne'tra." Calico added quietly, sliding a rather large denomination credit chip across to the Togorian. With nothing to really buy, Calico's funds were piling up. The Togorian simply nodded. It strode around the counter and measured the Commando from head to toe in silence. Fifteen minutes had past before it turned on is massive foot, and stumbled back into the workshop.

"Green for duty, black for justice. Call me a traditional old chakaar--I like looking the hero." Calico turned back and strolled out of the workshop, speaking through the loudspeaker now. "It'll take a bit. Know any good restaurants?"

She had taken the death of her beloved very hard so hard in fact that she had been avoiding Mandalore like the plague. Adelaide couldn't stay and face the hard truth that she was now alone. Everything here reminded her of him and it tore her up inside. The young woman found just going to the market too emotional for her. Once she even broke out in tears which wasn't like her at all. Normally she was one to keep her feelings, emotions to herself as she didn't want anyone to think she was weak. That was the day she knew that she had to leave just for a little bit to go find herself and figure things out.

It had been a year since that day and Adelaide was no better off than what she had been. Still she felt the need to come back here to her homeland. It was where she belonged, she never should have left in the first place her brothers were right though she never would admit that to them. She wasn't sure she even wanted to see them at the moment. They had other things to worry about plus she didn't wish for them to see her like this. Adelaide wanted to pull herself together before seeing her family.

Taking a deep breath she continued to walk along the street. It was odd being back but also calming in the weirdest of ways. Adelaide wasn't wearing her armor but instead had on a brown dress. She still had her armor just it wasn't something that she wore anymore for now at least.

@[member="Galaar CC-252"] @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

Oyu'baat

The old warrior loved this place, not just for its food and beverages but for the simplicity of the Mando'ade life it represented. It was legendary for many important decisions have been made at this tapcaf. Clan meetings, wedding receptions, adoption celebrations, birthdays you name it for it most of the time it happens here. No fussing about either, just simple and relaxing.

Strider took a long sip of his hot spiced caf and then another large fork full of roast shatual. Strider was a professional soldier, didn't have a side trade like most Mandalorians had to keep themselves occupied on such days like these. Instead you would either find the old dog training the young mandalorians, self improving himself or hanging out here enjoying his surroundings. Today was a lazy day, a day that old man have earned.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

Keldabe Streets

Galaar walked along side Calico, stride for stride as always. Galaar had made it a point to learn his brother's walking mannerisms and had obviously perfected them. If Calico knew anything about the man under the Beskar helmet, he would know that he was thinking.

"Not a restaurant... Keldabe doesn't have restaurants, ner'vod. It does have an amazing cantina though: Oyu'baat. Ever been? No fancy twi'lek dancers or spice addicts to watch spasm and die on the floor for entertainment though."

The clone then whistled under the helmet and called out over the loud speaker. "Lor'ika! Come Lor'ika! It took a few seconds before a smelly strill ran up to them, some kind of dead rodent dangling from its jaws. Galaar grinned under his helmet, leaned down, and pat the creature on the head. "Kandosii Cabur. Who's a smart strill? Who's my little killer?" It must have been odd, watching a professional killer child-talk an animal which grabbled and yipped in excitement before picking its catch up and following along.

He moved to walk forward and then literally bumped into @[member="Adelaide Baldesarra"] . The Mandalorian quickly orientated himself and looked at the woman he barreled straight into and rather quickly apologized in Mandalorian. "Eparavur takisit." He spoke with a rather sincere tune and gave a more sincere chuckle afterwords.

@[member="Adelaide Baldesarra"] @[member="Strider Garon"] @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

Adelaide wasn't really looking where she was going either so when @[member="Galaar CC-252"] bumped into her she fell flat on her butt to the ground. The young woman could feel her face turn a bright red as she hurriedly got up and brushed the dirt off of her dress and butt. She really ought to have been watching what she was doing. The last thing she wished to do was draw attention to herself however it seemed she had done just that. "Eparavur takisit," she stated still brushing dirt off her dress trying to hide the redness in her face. "I ought to watch where I am going."

It was nice to once again speak in her native tongue. In her travels she used basic mostly as otherwise nobody would have understood her. It was nice to be back home and amongst her own people which these two absolutely were. She didn't know them either that or she just didn't recognize them from her past. "I'm Adelaide Baldesarra. Nice to meet you," she smiled as her face went back to normal. She would have normally added a clan name but as it was, it was just her.

Calico recognized that look. He had seen it on the faces of his fellow soldiers many times in his long existence. Sometimes, he had even seen it on the mongrels--they were lost, children with nowhere to go. Their brothers, or their families were gone. Sometimes, society simply refused them for being different. There was a particular Sergeant who gathered these people and gave them a home. The Commander found his mind drifting over to the nostalgic, if not painful name. Remembering so far back was becoming difficult.

Never did figure out who fathered your grandson Kal.

The elder Commando's voice dropped to a softer level, like a father speaking to a child. This was nothing knew: he cared for anyone who would need it as his own flesh and blood. That was the way Mandalorians had always been in the time he was raised, and it had struck him. Echoy'la ad'ika?" He reached up to remove his helmet.

The man had a paling complexion. Hard brown eyes that seemed to soften as soon as the buy'ce was tucked under his arm, and a rather scraggly beard. "My name is Calico. This is my brother, Galaar." He hesitated, clan name...he didn't have a clan here. "Clan Tal'verda. Paying a visit home ad'ika." His eyes drifted off toward Oyu'baat. He recalled the place, and was legitimately surprised it was still standing.

Made from the right stuff. A lot of buildings shoved into one.

@[member="Galaar CC-252"] @[member="Adelaide Baldesarra"] @[member="Strider Garon"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

Keldabe Streets

Galaar was sniper, he was accustomed to spotting out the tiny most insignificant details that most human being brushed off and in this case, it was the blush across her face. It instantly incited one on his too, though it was hidden behind the dark orange Mandalorian helmet and T-Shaped visor that adorned his head. Most of his armor was orange, besides the one blue stripe on his left breast plate and the blue under cloth which could be seen at the joints. Unlike his Katarn this armor was not seal-able, it was basic Beskar, other than the HUD in his helmet. "No! No! Its fine... I shouldn't bumble around like a drugged ronto."

He reached out and gave her shoulder a pat, a rather Mando greeting, and hoped it wouldn't incite hostility. Right after she introduced herself, he went to speak but was interrupted, one hand gesturing in Calico's direction. He removed his own helmet and revealed his face , it was scarred and weathered but obviously young and full of the energy that went with it. Unlike Calico his beard was trimmed into a neat goatee and his hair was a normal military cut at the moment. One thing would be obvious, he and Calico had the exact same features otherwise. Same jaws, eyes, cheeks, the general shape of their body other than the fact Calico was a tad bigger.

"We were just about to raid the Oyu'baat. Feel free to join us! I could get you a drink for the trouble I caused." After he spoke, he gave a wild, hearty grin that seemed to be entirely unique to him just by the way he carried himself while doing so.

@Adelaide Baldesarra @Strider Garon @Commander Calico CC-247

She didn't know how to answer his question. Adelaide was grieving but the last thing she wished to do was tell others she was. She had always been too proud to ask for help or show emotions. She didn't want anyone to think that she was broken or weak because it was the furthest from the truth. "A year ago to this day I lost someone important to me actually a lot of people close to me." She sighed looking to the ground for a moment to gather her thoughts.

"I am visiting because even after all I have lost this is home," she smiled. Adelaide didn't want to hide here nor did she need to after all this was home just as she said. They were Vod even if from a different clan and she knew that they would understand loss. She was sure that they too had loss someone too whom was close to them.

"I would love to come. It would help me get reacquainted with home." This little run in all by itself was showing her how wrong it was to leave in the first place. Here she was surrounded by people who cared, understood and wanted to go raid a cantina. A drink was something she defiantly could use right about now. It would be nice to chat with Mandalonians again and just catch up with the brothers. She assumed they were brothers as they looked exactly alike.

@[member="Galaar CC-252"] @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

I guessed right. Poor girl.

"Alright, join us. My boys and I don't bite." The Commando clipped his helmet down on his belt. This was just another lost kid. If there was one thing that the Clone Wars, and recent events had taught Calico, it was that not belonging was sometimes a fate worse than death.

Calico took off at a slow pace in the direction that he recalled Oyu'baat to have been so very long ago. Sure enough, things hadn't changed. A few men and women of an eclectic group of species milled in and around the ancient tavern. Some wore beskar'gam, others were in regular street clothes.

The Commander strode into the building with a confident stride, taking in the familiar smell of a humble kitchen and the sound of Mandalorians doing business, drinking, or simply on social calls. A patron or two turned to look at him, but none held their gaze. Clones weren't a very big deal here. "Don't wreck the 'fresher this time Ga'ika...Ad'ika, find us a booth would you? I'll place an order."

@[member="Galaar CC-252"] @[member="Adelaide Baldesarra"] @[member="Strider Garon"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

The Oyu'baat

Galaar followed after Calico as she accepted their offer. He was glad to be home, Mandalore was his home even if he hardly ever had the chance to return. "Thats a haar'chak lie and you know it Ca'ika. You bite, remember that Neimodian who tackled you with the spear?" It was an obvious joke and likely not a very good one either or even true.

The strill wandered with them into the bar, its canid like head looking around the room. Its musk alone likely announced their arrival to the whole collective of Mandalorians and travelers within the ancient, time old tavern and cantina. It was a refreshing, simple, and relatively calm bar compared to many across the galaxy.

Galaar instantly grabbed Calico's shoulder as he went off to try and order. The little brother giving Calico a list of foods they needed; it would make a whole platter. "Gihaal, Uj, tiinglar, ne'tra gal..." The list went on from there. As soon as that was done, he grinned and looked over at Adelaide and made his way to an empty booth off the left hand side of the building. "So, you born Mando'ade or did you get adopted as one of us later in life?"

@Adelaide Baldesarra @Strider Garon @Commander Calico CC-247

@[member="Strider Garon"]
The Oyu'baat
Anija wasn't entirely sure what had nudged her in this direction, but she still found herself standing in front of the Oyu'baat. The building was rather massive and looked like several had been combined to make it. She'd heard a lot of things about this place - about how many important things had happened here. Shaking herself, she gave a firm shove to the heavy door, pushing it open with her shoulder.

The interior was dim and warm, and t'bac smoke lingered in the air, giving it a sweet aroma. She squinted for a moment as she tried to get her bearings. The building appeared quite full, and she could hear the steady buzz of conversation. She could see many rough hewn tables clustered around the room, and a roaring fire in one corner. With the sheer amount of people in the room, she wasn't sure she'd be able to spot anyone she knew. But maybe that was a good thing. A bit of anonymity.

Frowning, she slowly made her towards a corner table tucking her buy'ce under her arm. She still wasn't used to wearing it, and the plates shifted and chafed a bit. She'd need to get the fit adjusted. But for now, she found herself a table off to the side and ordered a cup of behot and some tiingular.

The Cantina Oyu'baat was Ral'in's home for the day, he had decided to stop for some relaxation to wind down from his last job but the relaxation was short lived when he was confronter by a Mandalorian who recognized the man and where he came from. That was an end to his happy day.

Ral'in brought his fist down on the Mandalorian that stood in front of him, causing the man in the crimson armor to fall to the ground. "Ba'Slaner Hodar....And stay away from me." The larger, more lengthy, Mandalorian stood over his challenger while putting his Dark green helmet back on, matching the rest of his Beskar armor set. Ral'in looked around the small group that had gathered in the middle of the cantina. Oyu'baat was a cantina the Mandalorian frequented quite often in his spare time. He was not the most popular of the Mandalorians nor was he liked by anyone who was ever in the cantina. Nevertheless he would return for his entertainment, sometimes at the cost of others.

He walked over to a booth that was in the corner of the cantina, letting his gaze fall to most of the other Mandalorians that stood glaring at him, some itching for a fight. He proceeded to ignore their gaze and rested in his corner, keeping eye on the warrior he had just defeated as he did. Something had the man on his toes.

"I grew up with three older brothers. I know how to handle guys," she grinned smiling at the two. Her older brothers had shown her how to handle herself and fight like a man. She in her own right was a fierce warrior whom knew how to fight and she didn't need any weapons on the like to do just that. She had find memories of having wrestling matches with her brothers. Adelaide didn't always win these matches but she always had fun which at the end if the day was the point of said matches. She missed the good old days.

As the arrived at Oyu'baat she found the group a seat as one went to the Fresher and the other placed an order. It was nice hanging out with a group again here especially. This place held special meaning to her however that was a whole other story.

"Born and raised Mando'ade. My clan used to live right around in this area. I used to come here a lot with my brothers when we were younger. Are you Mando'ade or are you and your brother adopted in? He's your brother, right? You two look way too similar not to be."

@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"]

"Yes, but I won't be biting her." The Commando rolled his eyes and motioned toward their new friend. His brow knit up as Galaar listed all the things he wanted--Clones were always peckish. He caught a glimpse of multiple different people: one Mando seemed to have beaten the life out of another, a woman was sitting in a corner by herself and...another male was milling about.

He turned halfway back to the his companions. "Born into it Ad'ika, and yes, we're brothers." He left out the clone bit, no point sharing it to the world. The Commander looped around @[member="Ral'in Kaloran"] in an attempt not to cause a confrontation. He sidled up at the bar, mumbling a massive order of Uj Cake and Netra'gal. Everything else, Galaar could get himself.

He turned to set his weight up against the bar as he waited, arms folded over his chest. The clone took a moment to glance over each of the patrons, pausing over @[member="Strider Garon"] and @[member="Anija Ordo"] respectively. Always an eclectic assortment of people in place like this.

"Ad'ika- He motioned for Adelaide's attention. "- make sure he chooses a table that isn't covered in osik. Little di'kut is attracted to messes.

Galaar Tal'Verda

Oyu'baat

"Clones... We're Clone brothers." Galaar added in, hardly regarding who could hear what he said at this given point. He strolled through the life-side of the bar; ignoring the remainder of Calico's banter as he picked a clean table by the wall nearest to the entrance of the cantina. "Test tube babies. Ya know?" He waited for his female compatriot to sit down before he started to shout across the bar.

"Ca'ika you di'kut! I know that you didn't order everything else... At least get me the Red Gourd Stew and Gihaal."

The strill meanwhile had followed Calico up to the bar, looking up at the clone with the rodent still dangling in its jaw as if it was some kind of gift.

@Adelaide Baldesarra @Strider Garon @Commander Calico CC-247 @[member="Ral'in Kaloran"] @[member="Anija Ordo"]

Anija felt his (Calico) gaze and looked up, their gazes connecting for a moment. She felt slightly subconscious and shifted in her seat, balancing her buy'ce on her knee for a moment before setting int on the table. Then, she dropped her gaze to her food and began eating slowly as she scanned the room again. The only person she even remotely knew was @[member="Strider Garon"], and even that was an almost grudging acquaintance. She was a bit surprised to see the two men, as they were not anyone that she recognized as being regular patrons. Shrugging, she turned her attention back to her meal for the time being.
@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom