Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back from the Dead... sorta (Carliah)

It was noon on a thursday, the sun high in the sky as an anonymous package sat outside the gates of the Palace on Widek. No one had seen who had put it there, no one had even noticed it until it suddenly had just appeared with the note that addressed it to the Queen. Now time would tell if the queen would open it and find a rather... enthralling surprise inside.

Carliah Dakrone

Walking the Path to Redemption
A servant had collected the package brought it to Carliah on her throne. It was a rather small box and she wondered what was so important about its contents. She was twirling a knife between her fingers when it was brought to her and placed on her lap. She sliced the box open and pulled a small amulet out of it. The stones set in the object where white and red and the chain was black in color. She wasn't quite sure what to do with it at the time. Carliah wasn't stupid, she wouldn't put it on and risk some kind of magic or some other thing causing problems to her. For now she tucked it into a pocket on the skirt of her dress to be studied later. [member="Memorial"]

[member="Darth Vivaldi"]

As she touched it, a shred of familiarity would rub off on her mind, as if she had seen it or something about it was all too close to her past. What it was though tould be unable to understand, within the box though was another item, a small poem. "The Stars call a voice from the void, your mind swallowed by the song of one destroyed. Your heart yearning for answers, your mind moving about like a collection of dancers. To wear it is to accept the past, and from it you will fill the sorrow that is vast."

Carliah Dakrone

Carliah stared at the shred of paper with a confused expression. Something about his amulet seemed off, and the style of the poem seemed all to familiar. She growled in frustration, crumpling the paper in her fist. Carliah was not someone it was advised that you play games with and she was feeling as if someone was indeed playing with her. [member="Memorial"]

[member="Darth Vivaldi"]

Nothing would happen more, other than a constant feeling that she was forgetting something, that there was something that was trying to be recalled but try as she would she would never remember what it was for the moment. Meanwhile the day would pass as normal, and it wouldn't be until the night that the purpose would be seen in the arrival of the amulet.

Carliah Dakrone

Carliah growled as she walked into her chambers. She tossed the amulet onto a table by her bed and grabbed a book. She hadn't been sleeping much lately and so decided to read until she fell asleep. Usually Jink was there to keep her company, but earlier that day he had said something about needing to go check on his own home and had left, promising to return in a few days at the latest. [member="Memorial"]

[member="Darth Vivaldi"]

Only when she fell asleep would Yusan smile from within the prison of the amulet, ok it wasn't really his prison so much as his catalyst but the point remained the same. He would act the moment her body and mind were out like a light, first pitch black as she would begin to dream, then the scene she had last seen Yusan at, dead on the ground on the chiss planet.

Carliah Dakrone

Carliah growled and tossed and turned in her sleep. She didn't want to think about that day. She still had no idea why part of her was so angry about that idiot dying. He was a lying son of a queen and she had no reason to care that he was dead. She tried to turn and walk away from the scene, after allit was her dream, she must be in control to some extent. [member="Memorial"]

[member="Darth Vivaldi"]

Instead she would be compelled to get closer too it, not in body but just focus, until finally the body would just sit there, doing nothing. Infact it was odd because no sounds or wind could even be heard, as if all time stopped and all that existed was the moment then and there... until the voice all too familiar sounded and the body's lips moved. "Boo."

Carliah Dakrone

Carliah froze and then whipped back around suddenly as she heard the voice. There was no way this was happening. She refused to be haunted by this man. She would not allow him to ruin her life a second time. She growled as she glared at the corpse, moving over to it and kicking it, much like she had when she had slain him. [member="Memorial"]

[member="Darth Vivaldi"]

He watched her kick him with a cocked brow, his body getting up with the blade still in his heart, which he slowly pulled out now and leaned onto. "Im not really, kicking me only tickles Carliah, and give up the act, i know the real you is somewhere deep down and that is what i am here to find. Prove me wrong and perhaps i wont haunt your ass till you are dead from old age, or a saber through the heart..." He pointed at her chest, it was his saber, turned on, and sticking out of her.

Carliah Dakrone

Carliah bit her lip to keep herself from screaming. She grabbed the hilt of the weapon and pulled it out,tossing it aside. She would not allow him to get to her. She growled and moved closer to him. This time she punched him.

"I'm not the person you thought I was. I will never be that pathetic, weak little girl again. It's over!" Carliah screamed right in his face after hitting him. She would not allow him to torture her with her own dreams. [member="Memorial"]

[member="Darth Vivaldi"]

He let her punch him, his eyes cast down as he spoke and then turned them to look at her slowly. "Then why did i see you cry when i was dead Carliah." He would stand there, he would take the beatings, but he would not let her deny what she thought of deep down, and soon he erased the scene and brought them to the old apartment, standing there, him in his old clothing with his saber at his side, and her in her old clothing. "Well?"

Carliah Dakrone

"I don't know... And even if I did, it doesn't matter. Nothing will ever be the same, so there's no use pretending!" Carliah continued to scream. She didn't want to be here. She didn't want to think about her old life. She enjoyed things the way they were now. She could never be the same again. He could haunt her all he wanted, but there was no going back. Not anymore. [member="Memorial"]

[member="Darth Vivaldi"]

"Well you did stab me in the heart, very poetic by the way... oh speaking of that, thanks for throwing away the last poem i can write for you, kinda hard to do that now without hands..." He smiled as he walked over to the view port, and when he looked back at her he was normal again, no dark rings, no changed features, back when she had first met him. "So, you would throw all this away, you do realize this is what gave you your children right? I suppose i can't call them mine if im not alive anymore."

Carliah Dakrone

"Even if things could change... You're not the only man in my life now... Your kids will have a father, it just won't be you," Carliah whispered softly, staring down at the ground. She wanted to puke. This entire situation made her feel sick. She had no idea what to do now. Her life was quickly becoming a mess again. [member="Memorial"]

[member="Darth Vivaldi"]

"I understand." He only said that, and with no sadness or hate, a simple softness that he had been like back then, his eyes staring out of the window. "You know, i will still be watching them grow though hopefully... its bad enough the demon messed with their bodies and harmed them... but i am sure you will still be there as you were before. Do you remember that list you made me read, i don't remember a time when you were happier than during that moment i realized what was going on."

Carliah Dakrone

"You didn't seem too thrilled," Carliah replied, staring blankly at the wall with her back to Yusan. Her head was beginning to hurt. She felt like her mind was tearing itself apart. She didn't know what to do or what to think. Why did he have to find her? Why did he have to make things difficult? Everything would have been so much simpler if he had just given up on her. [member="Memorial"]

[member="Darth Vivaldi"]

"I was happier than i had ever been... it tore me apart when i found out what happened..." He brought his mind to the day he learned about her, finding the hole and his breaking down as he sat there. "I wonder how many sith would have died in the months after if my rage hadn't been stopped... Carliah, by the way, i noticed during our fight you began getting stronger... did you finally start using the emotions of others as your strength?"

Carliah Dakrone

Carliah stood there with her fists clenched. Part of her wanted to scream at him to stop lying to her, and another part wanted her to hug him.She sighed and focused on just answering his questions. He was a ghost after all, its not like he could hurt her.

"Yes, it... it used to give me a splitting headache when I tried it before, but now it's quite easy," the Mad Queen explained as she continued to glare at the wall. Drawing on all the pain and suffering around her had felt good and she couldn't give up that power. [member="Memorial"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom