Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Awakening on Teth

Ifrane_Sith_Temple.jpg

Kalon was so cold, and he couldn't move if he tried, his arms felt like lead, and despite the heat seeping from his body there was fire in his side, and a stabbing pain in his chest. His eyes were closed, and no matter how hard he tried they refused to open. His body was losing feeling, but he could tell that he was on a cold, hard surface.

"We have to put him in there, he's lost too much blood. We're going to die, but I don't intend for my son to die alongside me."

Who was dying? The voice was intense, and Kalon could barely recognize the sound of his fathers voice. His mind was fuzzy, and every thought that he tried to form was lost before he could grasp it. All he could do was listen.

"I won't leave him, I can't leave him. Who knows how long he'll be trapped in there, he might never be found."

What did they mean? Leave him where? Never be found? What were they planning on doing? They wouldn't abandon him would they?

"He'll live Ilana, time will mend his wounds, and his pulse will slow so much he'll practically be dead, and he won't show on any scanners. If you stay back with him, they'll find you and you'll both die. This is the only way."

Kalon was dying, and they were gonna leave without him. He didn't want them to go, he couldn't let them. He still could fight, he could walk if he tried hard enough, he wouldn't be a burden to them now, not while everything was on the line.

"...Okay, put him in."

He felt weightless for a moment, then felt wetness across his body. Were they trying to bathe him? Wash away the blood before they left him behind?

"Help me get the tube in, he'll need it to breathe."

His mouth was opened, and he felt soft hands on his face as an object was slid down his throat. Kalon's body jolted, and his arms moved in an effort to get the foreign object out of his body.

"Kenuro! He's regaining consciousness!"

His eyes opened with more effort than he cared to admit, exposing him to the blinding white lights of whatever room they were in. His vision was unfocused and blurry and black crept in at the edge of his vision. The face of Ilana filled his vision, dark blue skin and bright red eyes looking down on him concern, her blue-black hair was in the same braid that it always was, and she looked on the verge of tears. He wanted to reach out to her, touch her face and tell her that everything was gonna be okay. Words died before they could be heard, blocked by the tube in his tube in his throat, and the only sound that came forth was a stifled choke.

"Get your words in now, there won't be time for anymore."

There was time, wherever they were going, he could go too. He just needed time to wake up.

"Kalon..."

Why did she sound like that? It was like she'd already made up her mind about what was going to happen next.

"There's no time...I-Ch'ah ch'acah vah."

"Ch'ah ch'acah vah k'et, vah cart to hsin'b bun'is ch'acuzah seo bun ch'ah."

Those were the final words he heard before an explosion rocked the room. Kalon heard other voices speaking with urgency, and he thought he was Kenuro sigh before turning away. He was given one final look by his family, and then they were gone. His vision was slowly overtaken with black, and the last thing he felt was cold and wet overtaking his every feeling, then he felt nothing.

abandoned_laboratory_by_allenlimcy_d8pvbqd-fullview.jpg

The air in the room was stale and harsh, reeking of old blood and overgrowth, it was quiet, save for a light beeping that echoed steadily through the area. Blast scars pockmarked the areas immediately outside of the room, but were noticeably absent here, most notably, a blood trail led from the door to the center of the room, where the sole occupant of the entire fortress-monastery resided, interred in a stasis pod covered in dust and grime. If anyone had felt the pod they'd note that it felt cool to the touch, and that the man inside swam in a liquid that resembled bacta, and wore clothes that were torn and burned, exposing skin that held twisted and ugly scars. A breathing tube ran from his mouth to the top of the machine, and he appeared to be asleep. Directly below the pod lay a pair of of lightsabers, one crossguard, one single bladed, both of them covered in a fine layer of dust, like most everything else in the room, they'd not been touched for a very long time.

The closer one got to the pod, the louder the beeping noise would get, and they'd see that the source came from a vitals monitor off to the side; a slew of medical readings were visible, including his heart rate, blood oxygen level, and a dozen other things that only a medical professional would have any bearing on, what the untrained eye might've focused on would be a collection of words in Aurebesh that read Status: Nominal followed by a button underneath that said RELEASE SUBJECT.

There was no explanation as to who the man in the pod was, no name or identification. Such was the way of most of the facility, there were faint markings of some sigil or logo long since faded, but as far as the untrained eye could tell it was old. The only things that were certain about this base were that there was a fight, a particularly bloody one from the bodies that littered the rest of the place, and the interred man appeared to be the sole survivor of the battle. Any questions that were had, could only be answered by asking that man himself.

[RELEASE SUBJECT]

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Teth
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Lightsabers
Tag: Kalon Sal Kalon Sal

"This place must have been abandoned ages ago..." Valery mused while she slowly walked through the hallways of the abandoned facility. A research team on the planet had recently picked up on electronic signals here, and decided to investigate on their own. But after finding remnants of a rather bloody battle, they had left and contacted authorities for assistance. It wasn't uncommon for even old, long-abandoned facilities to still have intact defense systems.

They weren't going to risk their lives, having seen the state of the bodies inside.

Planetary authorities had contacted the Jedi from there, and with a particular interest in these mysteries, Valery had assigned herself to take a closer look. The former Jedi Shadow knew how to enter just about any location without being detected, so should it be necessary, Valery was ready to shift into the shadows.

But after walking around for a few minutes, Valery knew she was alone.

Mostly alone.

Following the blood trail down the hall, Valery pushed open two larger doors and found herself staring at the pod in the center. At the man submerged in its liquid, and the readings that gently beeped on the display. She stepped closer, her eyes focused on him until she spotted the lightsabers covered in dust. He had been here for some time, she imagined, and she couldn't help but feel that all of this was rather familiar.

"Let's wake you up," Valery said before she pushed the button to release the subject.

Cold.

The first thing Kalon noticed upon awakening was how cold everything was. The pod that he'd found himself in was bone-chilling, but oddly comforting, it felt...familiar as strange as that was to say. His eyes opened, and took notice of the lone figure standing outside of the pod, but young man barely had enough time to survey his surroundings before the pod suddenly opened, dropping him to the floor with a hard thud as liquid flooded out of the pod and spread across the floor.

Kalon landed on his hands and knees, a thousand thoughts running through his head as he set to wrenching the breathing tube out of his mouth, sputtering and coughing as he inhaled air of his own volition for the first time in who knows how long. His hand instinctively when to his side but where there was once a bloody ruin was only a mass of pale scar tissue, the same went to his chest and leg, but it seemed that the young Jedi had been mended by the time like his father had said.

Once the coughing stopped, the man looked up at the woman who'd freed him, truly taking in her presence for the first time, gazing at her with eyes full of distrust and thinly veiled cynicism. The last memories he had were clear as day, and a wave of emotion washed over Kalon all at once, but were stamped out in the moment; there would be time to search, or time to grieve, but now, he'd need to gather his wits. He stood and offered her a stiff nod, noting how his legs didn't buckle under the weight of his body.

"Who are you?" His voice was rough from disuse, and the words came out harsher than he'd intended. Kalon looked around the room, eyes scanning the overgrowth and the trail of dried blood that led to the pod, his pod. His heart broke as he began putting context clues together, realizing that he'd been here for a long time if this was the state of the formerly white room. His teeth grit as he stared at the lightsabers at his feet, untouched and unused. "What..." The words caught in his throat as he struggled to as the question, afraid of what the answer might be, forty years, fifty, even longer, fear gripped him as he forced the words out.

"...What year is it?"

Teth
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

"Be careful with moving too fast," Valery warned him, as he began to rise. When she had awoken from her stasis pod, she had been unable to move a muscle at all. He seemed to be luckier in that regard, but she still suspected that his body had seen little movement for quite some time. It was only logical that he'd need some time to adjust and be steady on his feet again. At the very least, it seemed like he wasn't blind or deaf either.

But he was certainly shaken up.

"I'm Jedi Master Valery Noble," Valery then said, her voice calm despite his own tone. She knew what it was like to wake after a long time and didn't blame him for anything. He was likely confused, perhaps emotional, and in need of answers about what happened to him here for all this time.

The question that followed was one she had expected for that reason.

"It's 900 ABY, but... I'm not sure how much that means to you." She looked around, trying to estimate just how long he had been here. If he was from before the Battle of Yavin or after.

"Look, I know all of this is confusing, but why don't we first go somewhere a little more safe? I will do my best to answer any questions you might have."

She paused.

"...believe it or not, but I've been through this once myself."

Jedi Master Valery Noble, hers was a name entirely unfamiliar to him, the first of what he assumed would be many unknowns. Her voice was was kind, almost careful, as if the young Jedi was a glass toy teetering on the edge of a high shelf. It worried him, it made his heart bang faster in his chest, and he steeled himself for her answer.

He didn't know what to say to her, mentally battling with the choice of which name to give her. "...I grew up as Ronan Syral, Knight of the Jedi Order."

The next words out of her mouth stunned him. ABY meant nothing to him, it wasn't the years After the Empires Formation that he'd grown used to, or even the years after the Ruusan Reformation that he'd grown up with. The new dating system wasn't what stunned him though, it was that it'd been nine hundred years since it's inception, meaning that he'd been in that pod for almost a millennia, maybe even longer.

"I don't..." Dozens of questions rested on the tip of his tongue, each of them begging to be spat forth toward the Jedi Master who stood in front of him. He said nothing as she continued to speak, staring at her blankly as he felt the world fall apart in those few moments. Kalon squeezed his hands into fists, letting his nails dig into the pale flesh of his palms; the cleared his mind, and his eyes refocused on the woman in front of him.

"Lead the way." He wondered what she'd meant, saying that she'd been through this once before, but the question left his mind as quickly as it came as a swell of new ones rushed forth.

Kalon picked up the lightsabers at his feet, exhaling as he felt the familiar weight of the weapons in his hands. They were all that remained of his old life, the sole remnant of a forgotten age. He gave the weapons a forlorn look, and sighed as he clipped them onto his belt as he'd done a thousand times before, the feel of them on his waist gave him comfort, however slight it was.

Teth
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

He was stunned.

Not surprising, given the fact he had traveled forward in time for at least decades, judging by the state of the room they were in. Perhaps even more, knowing how long her own time in stasis had been. The fact he didn't recognize the dating system she used suggested the latter, though, which meant difficult times ahead. Everybody he once knew would be long gone, and the Galaxy as he knew it would be vastly different.

It had been her struggle once, and now it would be his as well.

"Don't worry, I'll explain everything soon," Valery tried to reassure, before she turned around and started heading back. "Stay close. This place is far out from any major power, and I have no idea what kind of trouble could be lurking here." Usually planets this far out had problems with pirates, Hutts, slavers or other underworld types.

She hoped they'd be spared that kind of trouble.

"Knight Syral, right? What is the last thing you remember before waking up here?"

Kalon sighed, forced to accept the situation for what it was. He took the promise of an explanation as something that was far better than nothing, and trailed behind the woman quietly. Silently he wondered who held sway, if not a galactic power, there had always been a presence in the Outer Rim, by the Republic and then the Empire after, even if nominally. Teth had been mostly forgotten, which made it a good place for a mercenary company and a pair of Jedi to hide out. Who knows how long they could've hidden here, surrounded by the jungle and away from the Empires ever vigilant gaze. Another question that he'd never get an answer to.

"I was with a mercenary group, the Silver Company, this was their base." The memory of the base in its prime brought forth memories of drinks shared and comrades mourned, it'd been a special kind of fellowship with the hardened mercs of the company, and Kalon had cherished it dearly. "Master Kenuro and another Chiss woman were apart of the group too, we'd been hiding among them to avoid the Empires Inquisitors." He frowned, and his hand strayed to his side. "But we were betrayed, and the Empire came in force...there was a fight, and I was wounded." He could still remember the explosion, the feeling of fire licking his flesh and the way shrapnel gouged chunks of meat from him, the thought made him shiver, and he exhaled shakily before continuing.

"I kept fading in and out of consciousness, and Kenuro and Ilana dragged me into the med-bay. Th-...they knew the Empire would kill us all, so they interred me in stasis to spare me their fate. I thought they were leaving me behind...but they went and fought on to give me another chance." His voice choked up as he spoke of their sacrifice, knowing that he'd never get to see the family he left behind, his last memories of them would be fire and death, and their legacy would be all but forgotten in the ashes.

"After that, it was just black. I remember flashes of light, visions I think, I saw a broken moon explode, monsters that wore living armor, things like that. I could hear voices sometimes too, but they didn't last long."

Teth
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

A mercenary group?

It was a confusing statement for just a few seconds, until she realized which part of history he was from. He had been among the Jedi, perhaps even during the clone wars, but he had survived the purge. He had been with a mercenary group because the Order had been nearly wiped out and wasn't functioning anymore as one.

Valery couldn't imagine what that must have been like.

"I'm really sorry," Valery said with a softer voice of understanding. She had been put in stasis for the same reason — she had fought off a large group of enemies on her own, and had been wounded in the battle. A close friend had put her in the stasis pod to be kept alive, but the position had been overrun.

She never saw any of them again.

Noticing the struggle in his eyes, Valery reached out and placed a hand atop his shoulder, "You've missed a lot and I'm sure it's going to take time to really move forward. But I promise you'll have answers for everything you saw, and I hope we can help you settle back in. I went through something similar and managed, and I think you can, too." She offered an encouraging smile and gently squeezed his shoulder before stepping through the hallway.

"Do you remember if there were any threats on this planet? Beyond the enemy you were fighting at the time."

Kalon sighed as he felt the hand on his shoulder, pushing the feelings to the back of his mind as he processed it all at once. No tears fell from his face, Kenuro had always disliked them, and had never shed any himself, and had counseled his adoptive son against the act even after he'd first lost his arm as a young man. He knew he'd have his time to reflect on his position soon, but for now, he had to get the hell off of Teth, among other things.

The sound of the older woman's voice brought his gaze down toward her, and the male knight turned himself to face her, finally looking at the woman for the first time. She was shorter than he was by a good bit, wearing a formfitting suit that looked black in the dim light of the room, a drastic difference from the robes and mixed plastoid they wore in his day. Somewhat belatedly, Kalon noticed that she was exceptionally pretty, with striking orange eyes and brunette locks tied in a long ponytail with bangs draping her face, she was lean, but far from skinny with curves that practically begged him to look at, with lumps of hard muscle on her uncovered arms.

What a woman to wake up to after 900 years.

Her words brought a small smile to his face, and Kalon placed his hand atop hers and gave a squeeze of his own. "Thank you, truly, that means a lot, especially coming from the woman who's just saved me."

Looking at her once more he took more notice of her clothes, and Kalon suddenly felt a bit self conscious about his own: while the pod had kept him perfectly preserved, it'd done less for the cheap threads he'd donned. His shirt was marred black in several places, and had more than a few gaping holes in the fabric, his pants were better, but still bordering on threadbare. The many holes and many burns on the shirt made it practically useless, so Kalon removed it, preferring the open air to a wet shirt that barely served its function. "I hope you've got clothes on your ship."

He followed her through the hallway, his gaze briefly dipping as he eyed her then finding the ceiling after a few moments, surveying the extensive overgrowth that covered the area with vegetation.

"I don't remember ever encountering anything in the jungle, nothing hostile at least. You could camp out there for weeks and never have to worry about much."

Teth
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

When his gaze slid up to meet her eyes and his hand settled over her own, Valery flashed him a knowing smirk. She had picked up on the way he looked at her, and especially after such a long time in stasis, she couldn't blame him. More important, though, was that she witnessed a smile returning to his features. It brightened him up immensely and she could even feel some warmth spreading through the Force.

He was going to be alright.

"Of course. I'll always be willing to help." She withdrew her hand and took a step back. Before she could turn around, she caught his eyes dipping again, but this time because he realized something about his own appearance. Valery looked him up and down, noting the torn clothes and the skin and muscle that was hidden underneath. She trailed her way back up to his eyes, then offered him a much warmer smile.

"You're in luck. I have some robes back on the ship. Not sure if they're your size, but they will do until we can get you something fitted to your proportions." Her eyes flicked up and down one last time, and with a smirk on her lips, she turned around to lead him back outside.

"I didn't really see anything either and I'm used to New Cov." She shrugged and glanced over her shoulder to see his eyes dipping and rising again.

Mhmm.

"
The ship is close but the journey back will take some time. Do you want to rest on board? I have a guest room," Valery offered. "I can get you some food too, if you're hungry."

The offer of food, fresh clothes, and rest was a gift from the maker to Kalon, especially since his last meal had been near a millennia ago. The thought of food made his stomach rumble loudly in, and he smiled sheepishly as red touched at his cheeks. "Food would be great, clothes too, even if they don't fit all that well. I doubt I could sleep though, I've got enough energy to make the Kessel Run three times over." Sleep was the last thing on his mind at this point, he had far too much to learn about the galaxy that he found himself in, maybe after a meal he'd rest, but first he'd grill the woman about the state of the Galaxy.

His curiosity peaked as he followed behind her, his eyes roving across the ancient halls, noting how little it'd changed and how much time had turned the base into ruin. It might have truly been a miracle that Kalon made it as long he did without anything happening to him, no raiders, no curious fauna, looking for a meal; the Force had done him a massive favor keeping him safe all those centuries.

Occasionally his eyes dipped down for a few seconds, unable to help himself from the view in front of him. Kalon sighed, and did his best to recall the layout of the base, taking in old memories as they came forth, savoring them as they walked, knowing that there was a decent chance he'd never come back to this place.

"What brought you here anyway? I don't remember Teth being home to anything significant to the Jedi Order, and as far as I know, most people just bypass it completely." That was what made the planet such a good base of operations for the Silver Company, it was easily forgotten, and no one ever thought much about an empty jungle world in the outer rim.

"Or are these 'I'll tell you when we get to the ship' type questions?"

Teth
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

Food was definitely a good idea.

Valery chuckled when she heard his stomach growl and met his gaze with a knowing smirk. After she had woken up from stasis, she had been starving for a good meal as well. It was completely normal, but it was still embarrassing enough to spark a blush across his cheeks. It looked rather cute, but she decided against teasing him even more about it.

"Clothes first, then I'll make some food. I have a feeling you'll get tired after that, though. Stasis isn't exactly like a normal night of sleep." The exhaustion had hit her pretty hard after her escape from the facility on Onderon. Whether that'd be the case for him or not remained to be seen, but he'd at least be safe and in a place where he can recover however he'd need.

Awake or asleep.

"I was here to investigate. Researchers found the facility but turned around when they saw blood and signs of battle. I was called in for safety reasons," Valery explained while she kept her gaze ahead of herself. She knew, but she wouldn't say it. Soon enough, the two made it outside and not far away, was the Bastion.

The light-freighter owned by the Nobles.

"There she is. It'll be quite comfortable for the journey back."

He didn't say anything in response to her saying he'd get tired after a meal, she could be right, but right now, fresh out of the pod, he felt rejuvenated, almost as if he'd taken a stim right after being set free. But he couldn't lie, the idea of laying his head on a real bed and not a military surplus cot seemed very appealing right about now, maybe something filled with star goose down, like they'd used in that one hotel on Bespin.

Mention of the battle made something click in his mind. There had been quite the fight back when the Empire had come for them, countless stormtroopers, dozens of TIEs, even a pair of Inquisitors had made an appearance to down the two Jedi. They'd made the Imperials pay for every inch of the facility though, and by the time Kalon had been wounded he'd gained two more kills against the Emperors lackeys.

"It was a hell of a battle." He spoke wistfully, in the way that only a warrior could of times gone past. It almost seemed like yesterday he was panicking at the First Battle of Geonosis, now he was standing on Teth 900 years later about to explore the Galaxy all over again. "The base used to have automated defenses, I doubt that after so long they'd still be functional given the state of the base, but still, it's good the called you in." Better waking up to her rather than some explorer who'd faint after seeing him.

When the pair came upon the freighter, Kalon smiled broadly, finally seeing a future ahead of him despite all he'd gone through so far. He turned and looked at Val again, his smile fading and a serious look taking it's place as he looked down into the smaller womans flame-orange eyes. "I've been through a lot, Master Noble, and even though you've been so kind, there's still a nagging feeling in my chest telling me not to trust you." She was a pretty face, and had taken the place of a savior in his eyes, it almost seemed too good to be true.

"I need to know, for my own sake, can I trust you?" He held out a hand for her to take, large and scarred, that shook slightly has his heart raced. He looked at her through eyes that saw the raw truth of the world, utilizing his Mastery of Force Sight to gauge her intention, and see whether she was what she said she was.

Teth
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

"It was just as a precaution," Valery said with a dip of her head. In hindsight, it wasn't exactly necessary that it had been a Jedi like her who needed to go inside this facility. But at the same time, it did make his process of adjusting easier, so she was glad that things turned out the way they had.

Perhaps the Force had brought them together for a reason — a Jedi shifted through time via stasis being freed by another.

After reaching the ship, Valery turned to him and looked at Kalon with a smile. At least, until she noticed that something was on his mind. His demeanor shifted and his eyes gained a more serious touch. What he said next had her frown, though only for a brief moment as well. The extended hand and look in his eyes told her that he needed a signal from her. A sign that reassured him and told him that she could be trusted.

So, while she usually kept her mind locked down, she allowed her intentions to flow freely and took his hand, "I'm one of the New Jedi Order's leaders, so I'd hope that I can be trusted. But more important than titles and positions, is someone's heart, hm?" Right now, she gave him one easy look into her own.

A sign that she meant well, and wanted to help him.

"You can trust me, Knight Sal."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom