Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

August Capping Ceremony 2014

Our selection for the August's capping ceremony will be [member="Matsu Xiangu"]. When I asked Staff for nominations for who we should "cap", or promote, [member="Asterion"] wrote this lovely post nominating Matsu.

Asterion said:
Would 'Acolyte' to Knight be acceptable for Sith?

If not...just ignore this post! :)

I heartily recommend Matsu Xiangu whom I recently threaded with as Krius Syonis and am continuing with using Kail Ragnar.

http://starwarsrp.net/user/4337-matsu-xiangu/

I say her because I may have only been here for under 5 months but I've never found a writer who gets into the character as much as she. Her writing is superb, and the detail she puts into the inner most thoughts and feelings of characters makes me see the true potential of an RP site as this with writers like her.

While she may not have loads and loads of RP threads, I think each one is full of more thought, crafting and development than others who have dozens to their name. Each one seems to be really important.

Every post is important, with development (emotional and physical) playing a part in everything she does, and most importantly Matsu is on a journey. Start to finish. Each thread, private or open, is a jigsaw piece in place to her wider picture and it has been fascinating watching her skills and personality grow drastically, and at times disturbingly, to make a real character who I think, while not quite well known at present, keeps herself to herself but has the passion and love for writing and Star Wars to be worthy of the Knight status her character has been working for. The status will only increase the development of her character and I can not wait to see where it takes her.

There is no ego about her; there is no clash of being the most radical, well-known or controversial writer her. Matsu seems not to be a writer's creation, she seems to be a genuine real person and that is a wonderful talent that I would love to see recognised and rewarded as a lesser known member of the site.

Thanks [member=Tefoch] :)
I wish to promote Matsu Xiangu to Sith Knight from Acolyte for her contributions to the community and recognize her as an outstanding member of Star Wars RP: Chaos. This capping ceremony is a tradition long held by myself and Staff to recognize extraordinary members of the community who go the above and beyond, and to instill the motivation in the community to promote their members who deserve it.

Matsu, you may decline this promotion for IC reasons if you so wish.

Well...wow! :')

Thank you so much for the consideration, both from [member="Tefoch"] and Asterion. I've been at this for a long time, though not at Chaos, and I can only say that I'm so glad to have found this community. There's so much creativity flying around here it's insane. You're all crazy nuts, but so am I and I'm looking forward to all the threads I'll get to share with you in the future. SPAM ME, SPAM ME! I want to know you all.

However, unless her Master [member="Jared Ovmar"] feels the promotion is warranted, I am going to decline the promotion for IC reasons. Trust me, I'm BEYOND flattered and grateful, but I'd like to see Matsu earn her Knight status through sheer hard work. And insanity. Also that.

Love you guys, and thanks again!

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
[member="Matsu Xiangu"] Well deserved, and many congratulations to you.

And your decline at present pending your Master speaks even more volumes about my choice - you don't just jump in with both feet and accept; you think and understand your character even more to develop this perfectly IC to consider others and the path Matsu walks.

Simply brilliant.

:)

Thank you also [member="Tefoch"] for taking my post and feeling it worthy to go forward.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Purely from an OOC perspective I feel Matsu is more than ready for a promotion to Knight, hell Master-status wouldn't be too far-fetched. If Matsu thinks her character is ready for Knight, I won't stand in the way; it's her character. But I feel there is more development to be had, before she gets Knighted. Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom