Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATTN: Restructuring

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

The notice would arrive with a 'high importance' notification and a read receipt confirmation. This was normal when it came to the annual sexual harassment, diversity, and open enrollment for Omega Pyre. Every year, on the same first quarter, Open Enrollment for Benefits notices were sent out. Sometimes a few employees would ignore them, only to try and haggle with human resources to please allow them to enter anothe dependent after the enrollment period closed.

The majority, however, were diligent with these notices. Afterall, they were talking about benefits here. Long term and short term disability. Life insurance, combat pay, and hazard pay. Even a nifty little retirement plan where you could select contributions and where exactly your money would be invested.
However, this time, it wasn't a benefit notice. It was out of place. Out of the norm.

No, this was a notice sent to every Omega Pyre employee that the company would be undergoing restructuring under new management.

Arcenaeu Trade Company.

The notice would state that the company would be essentially returning to its roots in hyperlane security detail. Among other select contracts. That at the present time, it is advised that proper care and attention is given to each assignment and to please, direct any media or holonet inquiries to the Professional Relations department. They would be happy to assist.

Needless, to say, the subsequent message sent to one former Lord Protector from Danger Arceneau after the initial notice would go something like this.

// FWD: ATTN: Restructuring

Good Morning,

I hope you are doing well. It has certainly been a long time. I had planned on sending this earlier but things have been rather busy and I didn't get the chance to.

I am sure you have questions concerning Omega Pyre. Did you have the time to read the preliminary information?

Danger Arceneau

"Did you get th-"

"Yes."

"And?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

Sarge lifted his eyes from his desk, the replay from a helmet cam pausing as his gaze was pulled off of it. "No." He says firmly, before turning his attention back to the footage. A bolter bark, the muzzle flare distorting the view of a dilapidated ship corridor. A band of misfits in mismatched attire wielding outdated blasters fired back, but the soldier walked through it as though the storm simply didn't bother him. He was about to add something more when it paused, a message floating across his screen.

"Leave." He says simply, and he doesn't look up as the door hisses twice, and he's left alone. Leaning back in his chair, fingers of his right hand tracing patterns in the leather.

Did he have questions?

'I always have questions.' He mouths to himself, staring intently at his screen. Nostrils flaring, he huffs, bringing up a holographic keyboard with a swipe of his hand across the reply box. It wasn't every day Danger messaged you personally, but he could think about ten different reasons why she'd do it. The size of his budget being foremost in his mind. Ayden had greenlit enough projects for him to arm a small army, and coincidentally, that's exactly what was outside this office.

He sat, staring, at the reply box before he finally gave in an gave the only reply that came to mind.

>Yes.

Yes, he had questions. Yes, he'd read the preliminary information. Yes, he was doing well.

Bilbringi

Danger's datapad gave a small beep at receiving the message. She stood in front of a vast observation room that overlooked the Bilbringi asteroids and the construction of the newest set of production facilities and shipyard for Haven Shipyards. Locations had been scouted and Bilibringi, with its vast network of asteroids and neutral location, was perfect for a hidden shipyard facility.

Taking her datapad out, Danger gave the screen a light tap. It was a message. Rather singular and terse. The corner of her mouth rose both in mild annoyance and humor that she couldn't quite hide.

"Well, you were always one with words." she'd murmur low, both brows raising as she tried to decipher what 'Yes' meant. Well, it could very well be an answer to any one of her questions.

A sigh fell from her lips and she began to type back:

> I am glad you are well then. What sort of inquiries did you have?

It was better to have him ask first so she could ask her own later.

He had just stood, figuring whatever time difference they had meant he could see about other business. But no sooner did his hand reach the door handle than he heard the message blip back on his computer, and he turned immediately and went back to his seat. Sinking into the leather once more, he gave a vocal command that opened a shutter, revealing a bank of thick windows - below which was a maze meant for training. He couldn't hear it, but the flash of gunfire periodically distracted him.

He'd get around to watching the newest recruits run the route sooner or later.

"What sort of inquiries?" He asks, almost incredulous.

What made you think this was a good idea?

Snorting to himself, he shook his head, staring at the reply box again. He couldn't be that blunt. Danger didn't do anything because she was stupid. She knew business. She knew what would help turn her a profit. They had just become someone else's dejarik piece.

>Surely you're aware of my hobbies?

He wouldn't admit to anything over a secured - or unsecured - anything, but it still needed to be said.

A slow blink was Danger's first response to the delivered message sent back by the former Lord Protector. A heavy sigh came next. This had to be handled delicately; however the man had the knack of being able to ruffle her feathers faster than most. Nothing like Nox Zatire or Alric; but up there.

Licking her lips, Danger quickly tapped back:

> You are a man of many skills, Commander. Or is there another title? I must apologize but I am getting up to date with everything that is going on.

None the less, yes, I am aware of your abilities. It is for that reason that I wanted to chat. With Omega Pyre moving towards trade security and a few select mercenary contracts, there is an increase in pirate activity that has been like a bantha fly on its ass.

Would you and your team be interested in heading in clearing up these matters? I imagine that since Omega Pyre had originally secured the hyperlanes at its start, it would be a refreshing return to its roots?

He laughed. Force help him he actually laughed.

The audacity of asking him to clean up pirate activity could only come from someone with 'kark you' amounts of credits. Danger, most certainly, had 'kark you' credits.

Taking a steadying breath, the reply came much quicker to [member="Danger Arceneau"]'s desk.

>Lord Inquisitor. Are you sure we're what you want to take care of... pirates? You'd be using a hammer to swat a fly.

Danger's lips drew into a straight line. She could already feel the slight twitch at the corner of her eye. A hammer to swat a fly. Yes, I know exactly what that entailed but what other choice do I have?

Having the Lord Inquisitor bored out of his mind with nothing productive to do could very well be bad for business. Casting him aside would be losing a valuable asset. She wasn't about to offer him his pink papers.

No, they had to come up with a compromise.

> Well then Lord Inquisitor, what would you suggest I do with my pirate problem?

Just what was she up to?

Frowning deeply, he sighed, reaching up to brush his fingers over his forehead, suddenly feeling every line etched into his skin. Turning to the communicator, he frowned further still, and finally gave in. They would have to do this 'face to face.'

He called her. A holocall, precisely. He stood before it, hands clasped in the small of his back, and waited to see if she'd answer.

For once, he was actually nervous about a call. How novel a feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom