Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atrisia: Glory and Agony, Part II

atrisia+banner1.png

THE PLANET
A T R I S I A
XIAOLANG PALACE THE CITY OF XAM'CHI

Atrisia was an Alliance world with a deeply Imperial past.

In many parts of the Galactic Alliance, worlds were celebrating the holidays associated with the festive Winter Fete season. The Wookiee holiday of the Life Day had grown of particular prominence, though on Atrisia it seemed more an excuse for the typically reserved Atrisian people to let their top-knots down and drink.

It was also a welcome respite.

As honor demanded certain prayers and rituals be attended to with one's ancestors, the Atrisian Parliament had adjourned for the remainder of the year. Aside from being the youngest member of the Atrisian Diet, the young boy had also treated with Princess [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] of the Iron Empire, encountered the Sith at Tython, attempted diplomacy with the people of Widek (key word being attempt...), and had a run in with the Galactic Empire at Dagobah. And, apparently, Mandalorians as well.

Somewhere in all of that, he was supposed to be learning how to become a Jedi Knight. Or, at least, that's what Shoma would have rather been doing. Instead, he found himself pulled back to Atrisia to meet the demands of the Diet. Then thrown to the intergalactic wolves in order to learn how to be a prince -- as if he wasn't one to begin with.

From the spacious balcony atop the palace, the boy was offered a panoramic view of the city below. The weather had turned cold, but the sky was clear this evening, allowing the boy opportunity to appreciate the coastal skyline without the usual fog that tended to obscure parts of the historic harbor.

This was Xiaolang, after all. The name meant pirates of dark water, which rather aptly described what many of the later historical scribes had tried to downplay about the first merchant lords whose commercial empires spawned the sprawling metropolis beneath him.

After everything that Atrisia had been through, it was remarkable that it was still in one piece.

Remarkable as well, for no one would have ever thought the pirate kings of Xiaolang would ever inherit the capital of the planet. Certainly, there were whole monastic dynasties of gurus over in Quan'Lo who were no doubt spinning in their tombs over it. Shoma was mildly surprised the gorram Zhai Par Bei hadn't risen from the grave to march in protest of the idea of Xiaolang as leading the people of Atrisia.

Pirate kingdoms rarely had many stories of good relations with their neighbors, after all. And Atrisia had a very, very long memory for such grievances.

Part of him wondered what ordinary younglings thought about during Winter Fete. At twelve, it seemed awfully burdensome that he had to dwell on the outstanding business that the Diet needed to address when it re-convened.

Not the least of which was going to be the matter of whether or not the government would officially sanction the celebration of Empire Day in the coming months.

As if they could stop it, even if they wanted.

The spirit of Emperor [member="Akio Kahoshi"] was alive and well. The same spirit that had caused Atrisia's people to support the New Order and the Galactic Empire.

They even kept finding shrines to Emperor [member="Mythos"] around the ruins of Jar'Kai.

It was said that Atrisia had a tradition and a future, and looked in both directions.

...if so, how were they to reconcile a history of Imperialism with a future in the Alliance?

Shoma could not help but feel this was a rather unfair question for a twelve year old to have to find the answer to.

As long as a single Atrisian Warrior holds me in their heart. I cannot die.

Only once before had Mythos visited Atrisia, Jar'Kai specifically to scavenge for his lost goods. It was there he met [member="Cedric Grayson"] the son of Cyril who died for this world. This time Mythos returned to Atrisia for a whole other reason, to keep his oath that he would always be here for this special day for all Atrisians as he had sworn once before as he was king. Getting to the planet was near impossible, he was forced to hide deep in cargo ships that made its way into the planet among supplies and food. His face covered even in his home world as Alliance Sentinels patrolled the more busy areas of the city. This day however brought the opportunity to actually meet with old friends and allies, family one could even say. Today was the celebration of the imperial past and history of the planet of Atrisia one Mythos himself had a direct and global hand in adding to and creating.

Mythos for the first time since he met [member="Lady Kay"] again had to resort to his Sith Assassin skills in infiltration and deception to sneak past ports, guards, security systems, scanners and drones in order to even get close to the ports in the city. He moved like a shadow where as before he owned the streets.

It was disheartening to see the planet like it was, to the people he once lead to prosperity and abundance to have so little and fight for so few. Attuned to the dark side of the force Mythos could feel their anguish, fear, resentment, distrust and hate. It fueled him, it gave him an edge when moving through the crowds of people to his destination which was the outskirts of the city of Jar'Kai.

Quarantine signs were up everywhere, the patrols around the area were hot and heavy yet with the recent invasions and skirmishes the Galactic Alliance was receiving the number of patrols diminished. Across the large span of wasteland between jar'Kai and other cities there was a small town that even during Mythos' time as Emperor was poor and downtrodden. He did all he could to help it but the criminal element was so strong in the area that poverty and crime was difficult to curve... he resolved to put an Atrisian sentinel base there shortly after and the crime stopped. It was from this town that Akio was from, a young lieutenant in the Jar'Kai who died in the last cavalry charge of the Jar'Kai.

Mythos was here to meet his younger sister. As he approached the town he could not hear much celebration, some fireworks and the scent of food and tea but compared to other towns Karaito village was silent as the grave. He walked in covered with a black leather hood which below held his armor. He had come here before but his identity he had kept hidden from the masses of the village. He had seen the Graffiti, he had seen the Alliance soldiers drag young away for speaking positively about him, he had also seen how the Alliance propaganda had swayed mind against him. "The Storm was unleashed by Mythos in spite" they said, how they had turned some of the people against him but he knew most kept quiet out of fear. The Alliance might have the nobility but Mythos would always have the people.

A long walk he took in this village, a few credits for some food and drink before he kept walking forward, a long walk before he reached the small house at the edge of town painted in black and red even in this day and age where the alliance ruled.

On the foot of the door there was a small shrine with incense and offerings. In this small shrine there was an axe, a long haired man and horses around him. This was the traditional shrine that was laid before the steps of the palace in times of grief, childbirth and financial desperation. One coin was laid before hoof of the horse with the name of the petitioner and Mythos had them all brought to the palace and sent gifts to those who would send them. While Sith ruled in fear, Mythos ruled with no such need. Those who served him had always done so willingly.

He knocked at the door twice with a lot of power behind his fist, a moment passed before the voice of a woman yelled in Atrisian some very choice words. Mythos did not move an inch, he knocked again with equal force. Another pause before the door swung open to a short, long black hair very angry young lady who screamed at him at the top of her lungs in well spoken and articulate Atrisian. Mythos just looked into her eyes and saw as moment by moment her voice became less loud, her eyes grew larger and began to water and the vibrodagger she held in her right hand shook until it fell harmlessly to the floor.

Mythos was the first person she had seen since the death of her brother and father who did not mean her harm and did not want something from her other than to talk. It was the first friendly face she had seen in almost two whole years. He understood why she crashed into his chest and wrapped her arms around him. He understood why she sobbed with unintelligible cries into his chest, he understood why she was so broken. He carried her inside and locked the door always eyeing out some Alliance bastard looking about, he could never be too careful as he was literally behind enemy lines.

It took a very long time for Ikaria to calm down but until she did Mythos would not release her from the embrace of his two arms. "You knew I would never leave you alone right? You knew i would never abandon you right?" He said to her as she slowly calmed down.

"You died, We saw you die, We saw their flag raise above their bodies. I buried Kai"

"Why do we fight Ikaria?" he said, tilting her head to meet his yellow eyes. Tears ran down her face, their words in fluent Atrisian as if he was born there and they knew each other since birth. "Why don't we ever surrender?"

Her tears stopped. Her sadness and anguish and despair was replaced then and there with the burning anger and hatred that had birthed those tears, that had created that sadness. "Have I Ever told you the Story of [member="Darth Ophidia"] the Shadow of death? My Master and teacher in the arts of the Dark Side of the force."

She shook her head and wiped her tears finally letting go of his body and Mythos releasing her from his embrace but not from the intensity of his yellow eyes. "We had our differences in techniques, in practicality, in style of lightsaber combat and in philosophy but the one thing we agreed on, the reason why I chose Atrisia to rule Is because every Atrisian by culture knows the words she taught me since I was a pup in her care."

From his cloak he produced a box, layered in several countermeasures to fool scanning. He placed the box containing her brothers lightsaber by the window of her room and gave her a half smile that filled her with confidence. "Success or death. Victory or death. Death Before Surrender Ikaria. Believe in me and never falter and I promise Atrisia will be free. Atrisians never surrender, I know you wont. Be strong."

With that he turned to leave, the young lady asked him one more question before she even checked what was inside the box. "Where will you go?"

He opened the door into the town and looked over his shoulder giving her a confident yet wretched grin. "To speak with the child who is to be my regent."

He rode to meet the ruler of this planet.

As much as Mythos had tried to land upon Atrisia with stealth and quietness, as much as he had managed to avoid the scrutiny of Galactic Alliance, he might have well been a newborn babe when one might compare the grace at which the old King had completed his task to the manner in which one who had never left the teaching of Darth Ophidia, the teachings of shadows and silence, behind to follow a different path. The art of stealth was one that one had to dedicate their lives to if they had any desire to become nothing more than a shadow or whisper upon the tapestry that was life and history within the Galaxy. Therefore, it should not have come to be a surprise for Mythos when a figure seemed to materialise from nowhere, stepping out from shadows to walk in stride beside him as the former King made to leave the village.

Clad in a dark cloak, the cloth appearing to have no colour but, instead, simply absorb all light that brushed across its surface, the figure easily matched the King's long, powerful strides, as they loomed a good half a foot above the former royalty. With the hood of the robes drawn up, shadows consumed the features of their face, leaving only a misty-hued, slightly glowing, amber eye to pierce through the shade the hood formed. However, the signature way that they carried themselves, hands clasped behind their back even as they walked, along with familiarity with the sudden appearance from shadows and the sight of the amber eye should be enough to have clued Mythos into the figure's identity.

Forgoing any form of greeting, Lykos instead broke the silence with a growled sentence dripping in sarcasm, purposefully crafted to see if it would trigger any reaction within Mythos. "There is nothing nicer than seeing the reunion between Father and Daughter, particularly when one does not know who the other is to them and the other does not know they are being watched. I was sure that our Master's training would have imparted enough knowledge for you to sense me, Your Majesty. Perhaps you are lacking, hm?"

Chuckling a harsh and false laugh, Lykos unclasped his hands to distractedly wave them through the air, the Force twisting and bending as it did so until it had cocooned the pair of Sith, settling upon their shoulders as if a shroud, stealing any sound from the air should it pass further than the other while also aiding in reducing Mythos' Presence within the Force; Lykos' already being instinctively obscured beneath layers and layers of techniques from Art of the Small to Force Stealth. This was, after all, his specialty, what had earned him the title of Lord among the Sith, as well as the accolades of the Lord of Oblivion and the White Assassin.

"You wish now to speak to the child, I presume? The one who seeks to undo your legacy? How will you confront him? Blade in hand, Darkness drawn up around you? Or will you bow and scrape, beg for your throne, Begger King?" Each word was spoken with derision and venom, a feral smirk beginning to pull at scarred lips that would become visible to Mythos as Lykos turned to face him. "Or will you act as your roots demand? An Assassin once more? Do not disappoint me Mythos. I stand at your back now, guard you, because you are of worth and use - just as I am of worth and use for you. Death will not claim you this day and I shall come at your beckoning, but this lasts so long as you continue to prove your worth. This is business, pure and simple."

Breaking off sharply, Lykos turned and entered a side alley just as the pair reached the furthermost outskirts of the town, where wasteland and settlement met and blended. Before the shadows seemed to reach out and envelope him, the shroud he had settled upon Mythos' shoulders withdrew and a single, whispered sentence was directed towards Mythos, hanging within the Force before him, waiting to be read and heard. And then he was gone, no longer visible and certainly not sensed within the Force.

"I shall watch from the shadows; good luck." Even within the mental message, a bite of a snarl was present on the last two words.

[member="Mythos"] | [member="Shoma Ike"]

atrisia+03.png

There was a disturbance in the Force.

Returning inside the residential apartment atop the towering ziggarut, the boy was paused by the sudden sensation. The hairs along his arms and the nape of his neck stood on end. There was a chill in the air that transcended physical sensation. This ill wind cut to the very soul, not the bone.

The last time he'd felt anything like this, he'd been on Dagobah. Or Tython.

He walked back toward the doorway to the outside. Found himself staring out to the horizon. Somewhere, over that line across the world, on the far side of the planet, was the miasma that remained in what had been the Imperial City. Jar'Kai.

Was that what he felt now?

It wasn't exactly comforting to think that was probably the answer. The Dark Side had roots on Atrisia that ran deep.

Empire.

Inquisition.

The only reason Shoma had been sent to the Galactic Alliance was because his father and brother had too much blood on their hands to have been capable of serving the House of Atrisia as the designated survivor. And so they left to him the burden of having to reconcile an Imperial past with an Alliance future.

"Master Shoma, oh, there you are!"

The familiar hospitality droid came lumbering on two stilted legs down the hall, one arm raised to gather his attention. Stopping an arm's length away, the droid performed a mechanical bow, before informing him, "Your bath has been prepared, Lord Shoma."

GeeGee was a hospitality droid. A metal plated attendant whose existence was supposed to cater to his needs and those of his guests.

"Please, make your way to your chambers."

Instead, the droid was more his jailer. The iron hand of Fong, the steward who oversaw his succession as the Lord Xiaolang. Telling the boy where to go and who to talk to and what to say.

People fantasized about being a prince. The wealth. The prestige. The opulence.

It wasn't at all what they thought it was. The experience was more akin to being a political prison on one's own homeworld. He bowed, of course. There was no option for him not to bow and say thank you to his jailers. "Xiexie," the Atrisian answered in the local dialect.

Even if the disturbance he felt weren't just the dark cloud over Jar'Kai, what did he think? That he would go adventure forth like [member="Trextan Voidstalker"] to vanquish evil? He was only a Jedi when it was convenient for his handlers.

...and besides, that evil could very easily be one of his relatives, ancestors, or constituents.

So the boy simply bowed and then made his way toward his chambers.

The road to the new capital of Atrisia was long and treacherous. Many Alliance checkpoints needed to be passed, more than one alliance sentinel had to be killed and the distance was that of miles upon miles and the only vehicle Mythos would have came at the half way point.

Luckily or unluckily for him Mythos heard the voice of a familiar Zabrak in his ear, he smiled when he heard it. "I thought you'd never leave your shadows Xavka." He said in retort, never once referring to him as his darth name instead reminding him just how far back the duo had come. Very few survived the teachings of Darth Ophidia and here in Atrisia two out of the three in the entire galaxy together walked. Where as Xavka used stealth in a way that seemed supernatural, bending the very shadows and fabric of the material world to his will Mythos used it in the most practical way possible and preferred to spend his time studying and executing other specialties.

Mainly Combat and brutality.

"You're not as good as you think you are" He quipped back. Not missing a beat as they passed through a craggy hill that lead to the outskirts of a city not to big but big enough to mean trouble, he kept the conversation going. His words meaning to cause a sting only brought a smile, it was how sith talked, it was their natural dialect to involve violence in their very words.

"If my legacy was under any sort of effective attack why then do shrines of My Glory still stand from Jar'Kai to Xiam'chi?" He shook his head, they neared now the large speeder that Mythos had procured long before his arrival here. Loyalties ran deep, a food cargo was headed to the capital, he would pass through it in between the great stacks of meat and groceries. "Killing the child would only turn the people against me Xavka. I ruled Atrisia not with a spell of Sith Sorcery that turned the people to worship me as a God. I did it by earning their respect and admiration through actions worthy of a great King and leader."

As he spoke he never looked at the xabrak, as if he was talking alone or to his own shadow.... in a way he was. Xavka was a shadow, a master in stealth. He wasn't truly here, he would not be if he did not want to. "The child shall be my regent. The force shall set him free. The Force shall set Atrisia free. Luck is for the uninitiated"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several Hours Later

From Jar'Kai to the usurper capital. Here is where the palace he was headed to was but before he could even get close Mythos needed to position himself in a way that would allow him to and with the commotion of this holiday it was not difficult at all. Galactic Alliance sentinels and police forces were not looking today for an Sith lord back from the dead intent on infiltrating the castle of the capital instead they were mainly on the look out of violence and fires and fights who no doubt today there were all over the city. It was a day celebrating an imperial past and there was alcohol involved, Mythos did not need to be an expert in Atrisian culture to know that politics and Alcohol on a massive scale would lead to a lot of domestic violence in homes all across the planet. They would have their hands full in the street, Mythos took the rooftops.

From his jacket he pulled his now infamous monocular device that not only sported a zoom of miles upon miles but also had thermo sights and night vision. This was his time to analize the distance from himself to the palace, what best route to take and once there how to bypass security and reach the chambers of the prince of Atrisia.

Boy... Was this going to be difficult.

The Palace was a fortress. More than the palace of the Chiss Ascendancy or the Palace of Commenor or the Palace of the princess of Nubia. For miles around it there were patrols, there was a squadron of fighters around the palace itself and weaponry defending it from all sides. He stood there on the rootop of a house not two miles away for a good hour to see all the rotations, the flight patterns, the entrances of vehicles and ships. One he had seen everything he would see he realized the only way that he would enter the palace.

Every single system of security, every single patrol schedule and every single guard post in the history of all time always had a window of opportunity to take advantage of. Some windows of opportunity happened once a year or once a decade and the time lapses of those windows sometimes were a single second or hours or days but the only constant is that they existed, no organic being was perfect enough to design a flawless security system and even droids could not make it. "three point five seconds. Twelve stories" He said to himself, chuckling at the very mention of it. That was his window and to any other being the feat would be impossible, there was a window of opportunity between the ground floor and the fifteeth floor of three point five seconds, if he could breach that he could make it to the top of the zigarrut without too much hassle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYhNHhxN0A

The mission was on.

Getting to the parameter of the palace was not the difficult part, it was just a matter of walking but getting past that parameter took the skill and cunning of a Sith Assassin. The first patrols were back to back and the third one would bank alongside the outskirts for an overreaching arc of surveillance through a ridge that needed to be covered. Mythos was behind that ridge, when the patrol came around he jumped over and dashed to the inner plains of the outskirts of the palace. He still would need to get to the palace. Using Force Speed Mythos covered the distance to a patch of rocks and grassland that made the edge to massive lake of water that the palace towered above.

Time to swim. He was from Naboo, knew Gungans since childhood but he was not going to be able to swim all that distance to the palace much less avoid all those patrols. Mythos dived from the ridge he had arrived at and began to swim deep into the sea. When he had designed this summer palace he did so knowing that no assassination would ever come however he still designed defenses all around it. He was glad to see that they remained...

He swam for a long time and prayed that his calculations were correct. Before his stamina gave out his eyes caught the light of the patrol boats coming in his direction and he gave a sigh of relief knowing that his calculations had indeed been correct. He dove down into the water and spun around to that his palms faced upwards and when the time was right he used telekinesis to latch on the the bottom of the patrol boat.

there he stood underwater focusing on the power of the darkside, holding his breath and counting. "Fifty Five... fifty six... fifty seven." the patrol boat was supposed to turn at a great rock in the water in exactly eighty one point six seconds, this rock was roughly one sixth of a mile from the back of the palace and the tower that lead to the royal houses. Something was wrong... it did not turn twice before... Mythos had to make a desicion. Lach out and scout, risk being captured or trust in his initial instinct and break off where he initially thought.

Calm fury took over, "Seventy Nine... Eighty... Eighty One" A slight hesitation and full release saw Mythos careen off and almost break his skull at the stone island protruding from the sea. It worked, he was able to breathe now, his nose slightly emerging from the night sea. There was something about the seas at night that truly made him uneasy but here Mythos had no choice but to forgo all caution to execute his mission.

The swim this time would be a mix between underwater travel every six seconds only to resurface for air every sixty three seconds as that was the window where he could pop up for air. Physically Mythos was more than prepared for the task, every stroke of his arms and kick of his legs brought him closer to his destiny, this destiny that was to reclaim his world, to bring justice and peace to his people and death to those who took this world from him. the swim was long and streneuous but finally he arrived to the durasteel monster that was this palace. Several stories tall and impossible to latch on to, Mythos now had three seconds to climb thirteen stories.

This was the big feat of impossibility. From the water, to the thirteenth floor which was glass on the outside and he needed to latch onto it and he needed to do that in three point five seconds... yet he knew he was capable of doing this. His most powerful ability was telekinesis and because of that he had fought the power of force flight.

He focused all his power, all his energy and all his focus on his own body and the water around it, when he felt that he was ready and the power inside him surged to such a degree that he could unleash this powerful ability he simply let go and unleashed everything that he had. The water busted in a silent clash, Mythos levitated once he unleashed his force jump and used that momentum to keep flying upwards at a speed that met the time hack that he had pressed. When the squadron flew at the levels below him Mythos had already begun climbing to the fourteenth floor and beyond using shock patches in his hands that gripped the surface of glass, it was the only piece of equipment he brought with him.

For more than sixty floors Mythos climbed against the gale winds that dried the soaked water from his clothes until only the chill of the wind bit at his skin but he had not come here to let cold and height stop him from his goals. he used the force to sense if living beings were in the rooms he was about to pass, peaking in before crossing, choosing his path through the monolithic palace caerfully until he made a mistake and an Atrisian couple looked out their window and saw him.

He stayed calm, removed his right hand from the glass and tapped into their mind for a classic yet effective trick of the force. "It was the drinks..." he said, the suggestion coming about as the glasses of filled alcohol met at the table. "It was the drinks my love... must be seeing things" They said, when they looked back to the window. Mythos was gone.

Only a few more stories to go, this time he was more careful and almost lost his grip in the final floor before arriving at the roof of the palace residence taking cover from the two autoturrents that flanked him. He was home safe now... all he needed to do was find the prince. He meditated up there, he found a certain strange thing similar to peace so high up in the sky as his muscles relaxed from the torture they had endured. He prodded into the minds of everyone in that residence, he just needed a way into a single one. His mentalism came into play when one of the workers stepped outside allowing Mythos to look at him from the roof. Using the force one last time as it pained him to he prodded into the mind of this young man for the layout of the residence and found it very easy to pry and ask, to break apart his mind bit by bit until he found the answer to his question.

When the man looked back and to the roof. Mythos was gone.

He dropped down from the corner right side of the roof and placed his boots on the window of what was clearly the room a child and through the curtains he walked right in like the monster that they tell children of at night.

"Good evening Prince Shoma."

[member="Shoma Ike"]​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAbokV76tkU​
Synth-pop echoed through interior of the private chambers.

After his bath, the boy had changed into a comfortable pair of jinbei to prepare for bed. As he padded around the inside of his bedroom, the young Atrisian bent down to activate the holostation 4. The holo-imager came alive, warming up as the green Corellia Digital logo was displayed in mid-air. Then, after another moment, the main menu appeared. A variety of miniature windows hovered in the air, as the small boy sat on the edge of the bed and cycled through the different games until he'd arrived at Event Horizon: Zero Dawn.

It was while the holo-game was loading that the hair stood up along the youngling's arms.

Glancing away from the loading screen, the dark haired boy stared out the window. It was that same feeling. That same ominous nagging at the back of his mind.

He looked away, returning to the game as he dismissed it just as before.

"Good evening Prince Shoma."

His head turned. There, the same window he'd been looking at just a second earlier, now with a figure silhouette against the lights of the harbor. He might have yelped, except his breath froze in his throat. The child jumped back instinctively, which didn't work out so well for him. There was a bed behind him, which he'd been off-center of. Shoma went back over one corner of the bed, lost his balance, and promptly went off the side to land unceremoniously on the floor.

Popping back up to his feet, Shoma's eyes were wide as he looked back at the window at the stranger there.

Then, turning his head, the boy's eyes darted to where the lightsaber lay atop the nightstand by the bed. Extending his hand out toward it, the youngling called the weapon to his hand.

It missed.

The lightsaber handle bounced off the side of his head. "Ow!" the boy cried, as the lightsaber went tumbling atop the bed.

Obi-Jinn Windu he was not.

...the famous Jedi samurai of the Clone Wars was named Obi-Jinn Windu right? He wasn't just making that up? There had been a test on this... that he hadn't really studied for.
[member="Mythos"]​

When climbed into the window he expected to see someone a tad bit older but of all reports and times he had read about the prince it did not surprise him that he was in fact dealing with a child. Mythos had a lot of experience dealing with children, being a father of several and priding himself in not being the worst father this side of the sith supremacy brought a sense of pride with him. When Mythos entered he smirked at the boys antics and fear then smply leaned by the window casually as if this was the most mundane visit in all the world. His lungs still burned but his yellow eyes did not show his fatigue or the strain that it took to arrive here. He let off an amused chuckle as the lightsaber bounced off the child's temple but seconds after it landed on the bed Mythos used his power of telekinesis to make it levitate at chest level of Shoma slowly and deliberatley. If he was going to pick up the blade to use it against Mythos he would not protest.

"You do not need to fear Prince Shoma, I am not here to harm you." His voice rang with the vibration and power of the darkside of the force but his expression and his demeanor was fitted to the fact that he came in 'peace'.

Casually Mythos took one step forward and sat down cross legged in a very traditional way all the while shooting the child a smile and a disarming face "Do you know who I am? Do your recognize me at all?" He said, tilting his head in an inquisitorial way.

What Shoma did not know, and Mythos would not tell him was this room unsurprisingly, was the very same room he had designed for his own son. A room that his son never got to live in. That pain and those memories Mythos hid away, as much as he could and had no qualms about splitting the child in half with one swing of his own pink lightsaber he was not going to do that. He was the future of Atrisia, Mythos was going to at least let him know the truth. "How old are you son?"

[member="Shoma Ike"]​

Laira was luckily on leave for Fete Week, which she had decided to spend with her distant relatives on Atrisia rather than return to Alderaan. House Togashi was situated off in the Kansai province where her extended family members had ruled with honor and benevolence for at least nine centuries, and so she had deep roots in the province she had yet left unexplored and untapped until now. Her mother had assisted in the rebuilding of the planet during the Princess's infancy, and ensured that the province was well taken care of and well supplied.

It had been only a few years since it's sons had returned from the One Sith organized forced military service at the orders of the last emperor, but those times were already far behind the fiefdom and its people who were happily enjoying themselves. They celebrated freely in the streets and looked forward to the upcoming year with the same joy they had looked at the last and the one before it. Trying times had come and gone, only prosperity stretched before them.

Laira was visiting Hyogo, the Atrisian side of her family's ancestral home on the planet. The beautiful white castle rose up over white colored trees as snow fell gently from the heavens, fires from torches burning in the streets illuminating the city. The people of the province had decided to hold a traditional Atrisian Parade in honor of the Winter Fete and so dancing dragons dotted the streets, singing lifted into the air, and happiness was just about everywhere throughout the province.

House Togashi however had not spread news of its honored guest, respecting her desire to remain anonymous and not to be a spectacle or focus of the celebration. Laira wanted to spend her holiday in peace, not on edge dealing with adoring citizens every five minutes. Dimeria, her protector and Knight of Alderaan's Eternal Flame stood nearby the princess while she sat and ate, smiling as she listened to the other nobles tell her about the good days of her Grandfather and Grandmother, how well they had treated everyone and how grateful they were to have them back after their exile.

"Di, you know you are more than welcome to join us." Laira said, teasing her stalwart companion. Dimeria hadn't said much of anything after realizing Laira was a Princess, taking orders with professionalism and politely refraining from socializing with the redhead since. The revelation had come with an interesting honorary title, but the Force-Dead Knight was still quite grumpy about having been deceived for so long, and not having seen through the relatively simple ruse.

"No thank you Princess." The dark-haired knight said quietly through the golden mask she wore covering her face. Her purple and green eyes never met Laira's storm grey orbs, always darting back and forth remaining vigilant.

"Fine, suit yourself. Master Shinsuke was just telling me about a wonderful dish they serve from a restaurant in the city during fete week. I might go get one if there is time." Laira smiled at her host seated across from her, having to listen to his every word carefully in order to understand his thick accent.

A good padawan would have been able to sense the Dark Side of the Force.

A great padawan might even have had the slightest clue just who or what he was faced with.

Shoma? Utterly clueless.

Seriously New Jedi Order, what kind of padawans are you even producing now?

The boy couldn't even think for the fact that his heart was pounding up in his throat. As the lightsaber levitated up off the bed, the boy took a step back.

So tall, dark, and scary could use the Force.

Well, that made two of them!

...just, tall, dark, and scary seemed like he might actually know how to use the Force. Shoma, not so much, no.

And there were questions.

What, was this a home invasion? Or a pop quiz?

Oh Sith, did the Jedi do pop quizzes? Because if this was a pop quiz, he really shouldn't have spent the ride home from Dagobah reading those Captain Alliance holo-comics.

"Twelve," the boy said, struggling to speak. Drawing in a breath, he tried a second time and found himself able to speak clearer. "Twelve, sir."

Did he know this guy?

...should he have?

"Uh, you're the guy in my window," the boy managed. Not sarcastically, but it was the only identity he had for the stranger at present. "Aside from that... uh, no?"

[member="Mythos"]​

Mythos waved a hand as if batting a fruit fly when he heard the word 'sir'. "Do i look old enough for a Sir? I'm getting that a lot... then again you are twelve, anything must look like a sir to you..." His tone shifted as if he was having the most mundane conversation in the galaxy. Mythos could feel the fear that the child was exhuming and he did not like it, Sith fed on fear but he worked differently fear in his subjects and friends did not keep them loyal, trust and love and lies did... lies being only necessary to persevere the great order of power.

"No!?" His shock although genuine did not catch him that off guard. "Seriously?" He scoffed, the fact harming his pride. "What do they teach you in history class? The process of immigrant groups of the three hundred BBY?" His tone was again the most unlike a Sith warrior one could have ever heard, it was as if he was talking to his buddies in the cantina or something along those lines.

After facing the utter nerve of the Atrisian high education of nobles not to teach the future prince about the greatest emperor Atrisia had ever had since Uueg himself Mythos decided to introduce himself formally. "Well, I am Animus Malgus, also known as Lord Mythos. I was King of Atrisia before the Galactic Alliances. I came here to meet you. Teach you the secrets of being a better king that they don't want you to know. I see you have a lightsaber, do you know a form of lightsaber yet? Any cool moves? Training to be a Jedi?"

Every question he asked was a fabricated measure to see what would be done. He carried only one item on his person and he would wait to see if it was the correct time to show him the truth. Question was... was he ready? Was he too young? He seemed more like a regular child than a padawan. Who was this child's master? Who was in charge of his formal teachings and his training? How could not recognize a face that was splattered through Atrisia for more than half a decade? These were the questions that troubled him but before he could get anywhere he had to find a way to get the child to let go of the fear that he induced. Easier said than done...
[member="Shoma Ike"]​

Did he look like a sir?

The boy's eyes went left. Then looked back at the stranger. Yep. He was old. Was he perhaps unaware of this fact? Because it seemed like an inconvenient truth that was just kind of plain to see.

...wait, he was claiming to be Mythos?

The boy's head tilted to one side. Okay, the guy was scary at first. But now Shoma was getting the impression that he was just some crazy old man. "Emperor Mythos is dead though," Shoma remarked.

Now, it wasn't like he'd attended the funeral and seen the body, but...

"That is what they teach in history class," the youngling offered, as he looked back up at the man. Taking a half-step forward, the boy reached up to wrap his hand around thelightsaber handle so that it wasn't just floating in mid-air. He held it down low, pulled between both hands as he stood there.

"I am learning the art of Ataru, but my training is second to learning to govern," the young prince remarked. Then, inclining his head toward the man, asked, "What lightsaber forms do you study?"

[member="Mythos"]

Why don’t you head on over to Atrisia? It’ll be a good trip for you.

Did he know anything about Atrisia? Sav shook her head as she stepped out of her ship. The newly accepted Jedi was sent out to the world to what… Explore it? Maybe her teacher had a vision or something, seeing the Force, that was what the Masters did, right? And they could see places that needed help? It’d be nice if he had seen her building a lightsaber first. She had seen the Sentinel’s orange saber, and while orange was a bit tacky of a color, those things are really the best.

Supposedly there was a kid out here, one that had worked with her teacher on Dagobah, and he didn’t have time to check on him. So, send a student, right? Sure, great idea. Sav shook her head as she walked the streets, wearing civilian clothes with an extendable stun baton on her hip.

No blaster was yet another order. But her teacher had carried them. A few at once. He had said something about trying to teach her things that would keep her alive, not things that would escalate her issues. If she wanted to bring a bigger arsenal, she could when she was a Knight. But for now, learn, observe, and listen. And that was apparently what she was going to do.

She stepped up to a counter, not far from the Palace. She was just doing what she was told, listening, and feeling the Force. Looking up, she handed credits over and got her dish of noodles and… was that poultry? Sure. She smiled before sitting down and looking up at the temple. Something was off. She didn’t know what, because, well, exactly three lessons, but something was.

Mythos' eyes shined in a yellow and red glow when the young man mentioned his death, this was accompanied by a confident smirk. "That is one of many lies they have told you young Shoma. Did they tel you how or why i died?" With those words he produced from his cloak his own skull. Even a padawan with very little training in the force could very well feel the power that this item emanated, it was a dark side nexus that was before contained and hidden within his terentatek cloak. He did not make any mention to it, he held it right in front of his crossed legs and continued to listen intently to the young prince speak.

He scoffed at his mention of history class and mentally scoffed at Ataru as well, Ataru was not the style a young man starting out should learn in Mythos' not so humble opinion, Shi-Cho and Soresu should the bases of any learning in lightsaber combat but Mythos kept that to himself for now. "I am a master of the forbidden lightsaber style known as Juyo but i am proficient in every lightsaber style with exception of Niman, you should know that too, as emperor i held many public training sessions where anyone in Atrisia could come and train with me. I could teach you if you would like"

He glanced over at the window and then back at Shoma, shooting him a disarming smile. "I can teach you many things, some take a lot of time to learn and master but if you are willing to learn there is nothing i am not willing to teach you. You are the future of Atrisia, I wish to see that future thrive and grow. Is there anything particular you want to learn? How about the ability to see in the dark?" Mythos said, finishing the last sentence with a grin of confident knowledge. Who in the galaxy would say no to no longer fear the darkness?

[member="Shoma Ike"]​

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Shoma Ike"], [member="Mythos"], [member="Sav Elko"], [member="Laira Vereen"],

Meanwhile,
In The Old Imperial Palace,
Ruins of Jar'Kai,

the_fortress_by_mrnepa-d5qb8m5.jpg
While Mythos intruded upon a young child's bedroom and tried to seduce the young Atrisian ruler into teaching him the Dark Side or perhaps diddling, things were stirring in the old Imperial Palace of Jar'Kai. Few people knew about the military garrison Metal Lords kept on the planet, well Abregado specifically, although the two have been fairly interchangeable since the Atrisian Incident, even though officially the droid leadership has left the neighboring system and elections were held to choose new planetary Baron Observer. Still, Jar'Kai was a city of machines now, the old houses and districts, ruined during the battle, were cleared out and evened out with the ground, creating a barren, ash-colored almost featureless plain that stretched out through the expanse where Jar'Kai once stood, interrupted only by a bigger natural rock formation or occasional memorial, shrine, or grave, commemorating one specific sacrifice or moment during the battle for the capital city the machines permitted in memory of both their enemies and the civilians unfortunate enough to get stuck in the conflict. Around the Old Jar Kai stood a large thick black wall of duranium brought in from the orbit in the battle's aftermath, in typical droid fashion reused and re-purposed from enemy ships, now a long continuous circle with turrets and gates, over the main entrance into the Old Jar'Kai there hanged a large sign of silver letters engraved into an archway, "Here Sith Have Laid Waste To Jar'Kai And Droids Brought Peace, Here The Droids Guard The Wound Of Atrisia".

The Wound Of Atrisia would be a well known story on the planet by now, a reason for the dark and gloomy state of Jar'Kai, why it was surrounded by the thick guarded walls, and why in its center stood a towering light-grey fortress. The Jar'Kai Fortress used to be the Imperial Palace from which Mythos and those before him ruled Atrisia, almost destroyed as the result of the battle, it has been since rebuilt and restructured by the current droid occupants, remodeled and reinforced with minimalist and practical droid architecture, its walls almost as featureless as the soil of the old capital, standing tall in rectangular armored structures. Its purpose was to contain and safeguard the Wound of Atrisia, a Dark Nexus that was now stiffing life throughout the remains of the city, turning the soil dark and almost the very air putrid and heavy. Early attempts at recolonizing the city reported quickly becoming sick and ill, growing weaker and some driven mad, as if something was sapping out their very life and twisting their minds. The Jedi came to call it Dark Side Sickness but the few attempts lightsiders made to disperse this nexus caused by a ritual suicide of multiple Sith Lords born out of spite and rage were unsuccessful, with few being able to even enter the palace without the illness caused by such strong presence of the Dark Side drove them away. Instead a bargain was struck with the droid forces from Abregado who arrived to help with reconstruction of the city, and those who remained there after the battle. Jar'Kai would be given to Abregado and in return the palace would be rebuilt by them into a fortress so that the machines would guard the Wound Of Atrisia and prevent anyone from trying to harness the Dark Side found within place for their own purposes, seeing how droids were some of the few beings unaffected by its corruption and many feared what would happen should the Nexus be harnessed or its power caused to spread.

So it remained that the machines stood their stoic guard there, however things were stirring among them today, for one particular unit came to visit their holding. HK-36 opened the gates to the throne room of the Grey Fortress, stepping through the large hall and around a black circle marked with arcane writing on the ground, dried putrid blood spots still visible over it. Moving to the far side of the room HK would come upon the Imperial Throne, now referred to by some as the Droid Throne and turn around, leaning back to take a seat on it as he looked over the black circle in the middle of the room. One of the attendants would bring in a large floating crystal lens in front of the ancient droids, there were others there with him, a circle of various guards with similar lenses through which they were looking at the center of the room. HK nodded to the attendant machine and brought the lens in front of him, peering through it he would look upon a black swirling oval mass like a rift that was floating in the middle of the room, its tendrils licking and lapping at the dried up blood splatter around it, the site where Sith committed their mass suicide. Some of its tendrils were extending out, pointing in the direction of the distant Xiaoling Palace, the new capital, although not daring to reach out past the arcane wards carved into the stone floor around it.

"How long has it been like that?"

The droid would ask, looking to the attendant nearby,

"Since we contacted you."

The machine answered and HK turned to look through the lens once more,

"One of them is back on Atrisia."

HK mused to himself before looking to the other droid once more,

"Contact Xiaoling and tell them the Imperial Family might be in danger, let them know I am coming to see them personally."

Outside the window to Ike's room a black shape would soar across the sky, causing a dark winged silhouette to be visible briefly on the backdrop of the silvery moon. It wasn't too unusual sight, since the Mechanical Dragons from Abregado would patrol the skies often, especially around Jar'Kai, but it was a reminder of the droid presence on the planet.

It was noodle time. Now that was normally not something to be excited for, but Sav was kind of stoked to try an Atrisian dish on Atrisia. She had always eaten their food, but never really saw a reason to make it out to the world itself. She as here now only because the Temple seemed to want to get rid of her, or that there were actual younglings to answer questions for. And being a bit older, doing a trip like this, to understand what was going on somewhere? And just feel her way around in the Force? She could do that, probably without hurting anyone.

But first, noodles. And maybe a drink? No, no drink. Jedi business. She shook her head and took her dish, sitting down so she could see the Temple…Palace…thing. Couldn’t all planets just live in fancy condos? Would make her life easier. She didn’t even know how to approach a palace.

So, she was just going to watch it for a moment, enjoy noodles, and relax with the Force, and see what she could learn. There was apparently some kid in there. Maybe he was important? She wasn’t sure.

So... Mythos' death was a lie...

...but then the man referred to his own death. In the past tense no less. The young Atrisian wasn't sure if he ought to be scared or skeptical, so he settled for just being confused.

The skull, on the other hand, was not messing around.

The boy found himself staring at the object in the man's hands, almost unable to pull his attention away. He was twisting and pulling on the training saber hilt in his hands. He had his back to a wall and there didn't seem to be anywhere to go.

Surely this man was not Emperor Mythos, but even if he just thought he was... he was dangerous. And he was powerful.

"Juyo?" the boy echoed, for a moment his eyes looking up from the skull. "I've never heard the Jedi speak of a style called Juyo before."

...oh wait, he'd just said it was a forbidden style. That would be why.

Except, why would a lightsaber style be forbidden? The boy would have questions if he ran into [member="Trextan Voidstalker"] or [member="Coren Starchaser"] again, that much was certain.

The next part threw him. "Wait, so you came here, back from the dead... just to teach me?"

Did that make sense?

There didn't seem to be any option or alternative for him other than to let this play out. And hope to find some off-ramp as it did so. Bowing toward the stranger, the boy straightened back up and said, "I am honored that Emperor Mythos would hold me in this regard," the boy said, his eyes darting back and lingering on the skull as he uttered the name. "How does one see in the dark?"

[member="Sav Elko"] | [member="HK-36"] | [member="Mythos"]

Something stirred in the distance but if Mythos was in any way perturbed or distracted from the task at hand he most certainly did not show it. In his power he had his own skull, a powerful artifact that had in itself not only a powerful well of dark side energy that rivaled that of the miasma that covered jar'Kai but it also held inside it something that the child needed to see for himself: The Truth. It was not a holcoron, it could not be altered nor could it be tampered with to show only certain things... the skull showed the battle of Atrisia from the eyes of Lord Mythos himself experiencing it first hand. If one was there, in the battle, you cannot lie to him.

For as much propaganda as the Alliance would dump on Atrisia Mythos' actions always have and always will speak for themselves. Mythos made Atrisia a planet bathed in gold and glory and the Alliance had made it a world of rubble and darkness. In the eyes of the common man that is what they would see, their capital invaded by droids and their king murdered by invaders, their hospitals bombed and their schools burnt to the ground... but there was still hope. Shoma Ike was that hope that needed to be kindled by the fire of purpose.

"That does not surprise me young Shoma... They don't trust you do they? They don't train you, they fear what you could do if you were not molded in their shape and image, less of a prince more of a puppet. I have returned from the grave of chaos because Atrisia screams for justice and truth, they need hope and you alone can give them that hope. Juyo is a style of combat that they will never even tell you exists because it is the style of combat that can defeat them in every arena in the galaxy" He said, smile of confidence and shining glimmer of hope in his eyes.

Yes... The child was ready but before he could continue his training he needed to be sure that their training session would go uninterrupted by the outside world and that meant being a Sith Assassin for a good moment. The roar of droids screamed outside and he knew they had a particular way of seeing things. Mythos put his right hand in his mouth and crunched down hard drawing blood all the while showing no pain in the process. "You will feel cold but don't worry. This is just to make sure no one bothers us while we train"

He first started with himself on his forehead drawing a sith rune and chanting in a low toned hush that no one would hear. Instantly his body felt a like a dead body who had been on the ground, cold as the ground around them, now he proceeded to do the same to his forehead and the child would feel that same grave-like cold wash over him. Not a cold that would shiver or hurt like frost bite but a magical and unnatural cold like the undead, devoid of any nerve endings would feel.

Once hidden from the sights of Machines [member="Darth Lykos"] made sure that they would be hidden from the eyes of humanoids... then it would be just the two of them, predecessor and successor in darkness training hard.

"My friend [member="Darth Erebos"] taught me this in Korriban a long time ago, i shall teach you the very same way he taught me." He said while placing his hand to his side palm facing towards Shoma. The blood around his hand began to swirl and swivel.

"Close your eyes and focus on my hand until you can tell me exactly what you see." Using the power of the blood and magic he brought a sign in his hand, a sign the child knew by heart. The Flag of Atrisia that flew over the palace of Jar'Kai before the dark times.

[member="Sav Elko"] [member="HK-36"]

The hypocrisy that was oft brought about through war and ever present within the minds of all sentient beings was not something that Lykos chose to ignore, instead, he embraced it fully, understanding that not even he was beyond reproach in that subject. Indeed, if any had ever thought to ask him of his thoughts on such a subject, rather than buying so completely into the masks of a feral Sith Lord or a single-minded Assassin he donned so much, they would find that, among the rantings he subconsciously fell into when matters of philosophy and other similar subjects were discussed, he would proudly state that he was a hypocrite. Such behaviour was inspired by a simple reason; Lykos saw no meaning within life, that there was no overreaching purpose or grand destiny beyond what the individual chose. And, for Lykos, for him to see true purpose in his own life, he was of the opinion that he would have to know himself as well as possible - flaws and all.

It was due to this point of view, this personal philosophy, that Lykos had sneered in derision at the sign that before the old city of Jar'Kai. He had stood within the city itself while the battle had been waged, had stood and watched the preparations for the ritual that would go on to create the Wound were prepped, walked alongside the son of Mythos and fought outside of the city limits. He had been there and he knew with certainty that, despite the innocence the Droids proclaimed, he had watched building burn and lives be ended by hands that were not always Sith. He had killed on that day, that he would not deny, but he and his fellow practitioners of the Dark had certainly not been the sole ones that had delivered souls to Nath. For the droids to claim as such was hypocrisy to the Iridonian, a sin that stained whatever it was they possessed that passed for a soul. They were the victors, it was as simple as that; not the victors of a moral battle but the victors of a battle, meaning that what lies they wove became their truth and that they could claim themselves the moral victors post fight. After all, who would deny them.

Sneering, Lykos had turned away from the husk of a city: his Presence withdrawn until it was a pinprick buried under the churning Darkness that blanketed Atrisia and light and sound being twisted around his form, furthermore, with the materials, runes and enchantments woven into the cloak that adorned his form, there was no heat signature to reveal his location. Indeed, as the smoldering, ember-covered form of a Raven, it's unnatural crimson gaze fixed on the crumbling city walls and the arrogant, hypocritical sign that the Droids had so pompously hung, took off from his shoulder and his form collapsed into nothingness, all that was left behind was a pair of footprints and a tiny, writhing tear upon the tapestry of the Force that slowly pulled itself. Seconds later, within which only a scant few beats of the Raven's wings could be made, it followed it's Master's example and disappeared, though not into nothingness as the Iridonian had but, instead, it dissolved into cloud of dispersing smoke.

----------

Kneeling above the room of the young Prince of Atrisia, Lykos, still shielded from sound and sight, was slowly weaving his awareness down along the walls, floor and ceiling of the room,twisting and manipulating reality with every beat of his two hearts. Unlike Mythos who had been forced to scale walls as an uncouth barbarian, Lykos had taken pride in his title of Assassin, of the path of Shadows he had chosen to follow, and simple stepped into existence in place. (Of course, such a description was purely poetic, revealing nothing of the theories of quantum entanglement, tunneling or even shifting through dimensions that he had mused upon when it came to the subject of the ability known as Fold Space.) And, from that perch, Lykos had sunken deeper into the world that was revealed to him when he chose to truly focus on the small, on the atomic and molecular scale. With his Awareness and Presence within the Force shrunken to such a degree, and sight though the Force being his only method of circumventing the blindness that had been inflicted upon his single eye, Lykos saw reality in a way he might've once considered beautify, a lens being set before his gaze that allowed him to see the make up of everything, to see how everything fit together and worked; the ultimate coincidence of reality that was the closest thing to the True Nature of Existence.

It was through this greater Awareness that Lykos exercised his duty and his task. Atoms in key spaces along the six surfaces of the room were twisted and altered, changing and shifting beneath his steady guidance as the Truth revealed before him allowed him to shape reality with a free will; the only cost being time. But, then, time was what he had, for he was the Shadow and none but himself and Mythos knew that he was there. Such was the reason why he had chosen to adhere to a Path of Shadows; along such a path he could create time for himself, time and opportune moments. As such, as Mythos and the young boy ruler had spoken, hidden greed and hesitance present within then respectively as they focused upon one another, Runic Symbols were being carved into the very matter around them, pulsing and feeding upon the very current of Darkness that flooded the world, giving not their Presence nor their Intent away. And, as such, as the final Rune was locked into place, solidifying itself into nature, the Runic Array triggered and an effect inspired by the Cloak that shielding him settled upon the room.

From outside of the room, no flame danced within the Force beyond the curling embers that were permitted through the erected shields, the very same embers that sputtered from the flame of the child's Presence. Outside of the room, no sight could be made of what was occurring nor could any sound be heard. Trapped by the wards as they were before unwanted eyes or ears could register them. Instead, what was perceived was a lie that became true, an Illusion powered by the Runes as it played out upon the Wards, a scene of simple rest from the young ruler. After all, what cruel heart could expect a young child to shoulder burdens such as they settled upon his thin shoulders and find himself exhausted and in need of rest at the end of a day?

The smirk that had pulled at his lips for but a moment, soon broke as crimson blood spilt from between them, propelled to the floor from the force of the sudden coughs that ravaged his frame. Collapsing forwards from his kneeling position to land on all fours, head bowed as he wrapped the security of the Force Cloak and Stealth around his shoulders like a warm duvet, Lykos let the perception granted by Art of the Small fade away, the world quieting and simplifying before his 'gaze'. Cursing beneath his breath, not that such a explosion of frustration was heard by any but himself, Lykos snarled in rage at his body's own weakness. The strain he had placed himself under while performing his duty was such that his body had not been able to withstand it, the strain having a negative backlash upon his form as soon as he had allowed his guard to fall lax for but a moment.

Panting heavily, ignoring the coppery taste upon his tongue and the stickiness beneath his cheek, Lykos permitted the final vestiges of strength within his limbs to finally falter, dropping down against the cold surface beneath him with a groan. Lungs heaving and hearts beating a tattoo within his chest, Lykos focused on steadying the shaking of his muscles as he lay there. Above him, beneath the glow of the moon that did not touch his form, Lykos simply took a moment to let his body begin to recover even as he stayed alter for any sign of attack. Above him, as the metallic shape of a draconic figure curled through the sky, a Raven materialised out of smoke that enveloped embers that soon danced their way to death, twisting into the air with a sharp cry before it took to the sky with steady beats of its wing. Once more, unnaturally red eyes peered out across the world of Atrsia as the Raven continued to cut its way through the night sky. Once more, Lykos looked upon reality, even if not through his own eye, and pondered the worthless of it all - in the end, this city would become the new Jar'Kai whether that be through war or time, eventually, it too would fall to the cycle and collapse into ruin. But, until then, he had a purpose; a novelty to be sure.

[member="Mythos"] | [member="Shoma Ike"] | [member="HK-36"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Darth Lykos"],

Ada's old room was changed, much like the majority of the old palace, stripped bare from the belongings and furniture that would be once found there, its walls reinforced with duranium and durasteel, and an ornate box was placed in the middle, attended to by a group of droid guards in black chitinous looking armor. It was similar in design and appearance to the box containing ysalamiri that Adas used against representatives of Jedi, GA, and other factions who came to the Imperial Palace to parley with him in an attempt to ambush and betray them. It did not work, of course, but the machines still kept an array of armored boxes with support for ysalamiri arranged throughout the inner sanctum of the Grey Fortress, creating a Force Dead bubble within its innermost confines, covering the throne room where the Wound of Atrisia was found especially.

While it would prevent Lykos from doing whatever it was he was doing with the illusions, runes, and art of the small, without taking care of the ysalamiri array throughout the inner confines of the Fortress, since it stopped all use of the Force in the bubble it created, it was not the only reason why the machines set it up with the Wound of Atrisia in the center. The machines believed that creating this Force-dead bubble around the Wound of Atrisia would not only prevent it from spreading but also hopefully strangle the Darkside Nexus out and stop its putrid effects on the city. Whether they were effective in that regard or not was up for debate, but at least it would make it much harder for Lykos or other intruders attempt to get closer toward the Wound by using the Force to their advantage, or using the Force to sabotage the Fortress from the inside, or using the Force to conceal themselves if they got too close to the inner sanctums, which made sense as defensive mechanism considering the strong presence of the Dark Side within the Fortress.

That was not the only method of defense against hostile Force users the machines had prepare. In the outer courtyards and corridors Lykos would be able to spot a peculiar group of six droids or so, four of them carried what looked like a golden sarcophagus while clad in ornate blackened and silvery armor, with another droid in front and one behind, holding what looked like golden incense burners dangling down from three golden chains which they swung back and forth as they walked in their patrol, bellowing out noxious clouds of Force-breaker gas with the clanking rhythm of their footsteps. Whenever the sarcophagus got closer it would make connection to the Force more difficult as well, not just from the gas but just by its mere presence. If Lykos knew of such things, he would probably be able to tell that there was at least one Void Stone hidden in it, but not an ordinary one, as he would not be able to Fold Space into the proximity of the sarcophagus either, having to wait until the patrol passed until being able to do so once more. Lykos was not the first one to use such powers against the machines, or in their presence, as during the Atrisian Incident another of Sith Assassins used Fold Space to escape HK from personal combat against the machine, since then projects and research has been pushed by the machines to create prevention against it being used once more. It was still crude and limited, but they were getting there.

As to the droid's army guilt over the Incident, they actually didn't take part in the fighting outside of HK and his Greycloaks, who were on Atrisia before the fighting started and were about to leave but the GA incoming fleets caused them to turn around and join the combat. However, by the time the Abregado Army landed and made their way to Jar'Kai the Sith and those loyal to Mythos already committed multiple suicidal charges, such as the ill-advised cavalry attack on entrenched positions of the GA, not to mention prolonged bombardment from the other Alliance forces and the fact that a literal giant volcano monster and a Force Storm already leveled pretty much all of the city outside the palace, the droids did not had to fight. Seeing the fresh enemy forces many Sith, Lykos included, for various reasons just surrendered to the droids and were taken into captivity, and by the time they were marching through Jar'Kai a cease fire was called and GA representatives were summoned to speak with Adas in the Palace. They may not have been present to actually fight or do any of the killing, at least outside of HK and his Greycloaks, although even then they were mostly running rescue operations ferrying people off of the planet when the Force Storm struck, but in true HK faction it did not stop them from taking the credit of ending the battle in spite of treachery that met them within the Palace.

Either way, Lykos would be able to see a group of cloaked armored droids moving out to one of the landing pads on top of the fortress, they would chat a bit, nodding or shaking their heads here and there before one of them climbed aboard a Mechanical Dragon and with roar of its engines the mount took off, lifting up into the night sky before the other armored droids, clad in similar organic armor that concealed what units they were beneath went back into the Fortress. After that alarm was called and the machines stirred into patrols and took defensive positions, either preparing for siege, or to hunt down an intruder.

Noodles. They needed something extra, maybe there was just a spice she preferred that they didn’t have on Atrisia. But who knew? She was just some rich kid from Thyferra. Still, they were really good. And this palace was really something else. She bit her lip as she kept watching it, eating noodles and just enjoying the weather. She looked around for her datapad. What she should really do was send a selfie to her friends. Really, how many of them had a chance to eat noodles, on Atrisia, outside this… giant palace? But really, C’mon Sav, are you that basic?

Yes.

Ok, with that out of the way she resumed her meal, and grabbed the sugary drink that was dropped off on her table by the server. This place wasn’t so bad. Now, why was she here? Right, there was a kid in that palace to watch out for. She looked at her dish before finishing it. It was time to get to work, she supposed.

Wait, a filter!

And we were back. Savannah was going to have to get into that palace. Maybe… she didn’t know, the front door? She looked like she was out of town enough, and had a camera. That would make the easiest bit of this trip. She ran a hand through her long blonde hair and made her way to the door of the palace.

Just knock, right?

[member="Shoma Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom