Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship AT-1 "Raptor" Infantry Gunship

Status
Not open for further replies.
david-simon-paul-dalessi-beautyshot-final.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a fast attack dropship/gunship for CIS use
  • Image Source: Gallery
  • Canon Link: None
  • Permissions: None
  • Primary Source: None
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Dropship
  • Length: 40 Meters
  • Width: 12 Meters - From Engine to engine is 12 meters wide, but the hull of the vessel itself is only 5 meters wide
  • Height: 10 Meters, 10.5 with landing gear deployed
  • Armament: Low,
  • Defenses: High
  • Squadron Count: Very Low: 4
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive Class: None
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Internal bays have emergency restraints in place for all personnel and cargo to ensure maximum safety in the case of a emergency/crash landing.
    Onboard rebreathers keep the air inside the vessel's air recycled for an almost unlimited supply of operating air and allow for modifying oxygen content of air to make breathable for non-oxygen breathing species or to stretch a compromised air supply.
  • Each compartment of the ship, from the cargo bay, to the pilot bay and small medical center is modular and able to be completely sealed off in case of a breach. This also allows for the ship to be modified for different roles in supporting military and civilian operations from troop transport, search and rescue, to emergency transport for relief supplies.
  • Standard defensive systems include a heavy deflector and thermal shield, chaff and flare dispensers, Phrik-A reinforced hull armor, and Ionite-A shielding of key systems across the gunship from engines to life support and pilot controls.
  • Ship is powered by a Isotope-5A standard reactor giving it the ability to utilize both Isotope-5 and Isotope-5A fuel sources in flight and giving it a huge power output and range before needing to refuel.
STRENGTHS
  • I am speed - This gunship is designed to be faster and more maneuverable than most craft that will attempt to intercept this vessel. This dropship is designed to have it's two greatest assets be it's speed and maneuverability due to the thrust vectoring on the vessel. With its lighter weight and smaller silhouette this makes it relatively easy to achieve for a highly maneuverable and fast dropship to get in, do its job, and get out. Minimizing exposure, and maximizing effectiveness of the bird.
  • Low Profile - This gunship is also much smaller than most freighters because while it has a large technical cross section, the front of the craft is much narrower and skeletal in natural allowing for the ship to be able to be made much harder to aim at with manual guidance methods due to the size and shape of the front silhouette. Add into this the ease of modification for the vessel and you could easily make this a truly difficult vessel to find indeed allowing its use with Black Ops types for missions where stealth is of the utmost importance.
WEAKNESSES
  • Tethered - This ship requires a large vessel or some sort of external source of a hyperdrive to get out of a system and enter hyperspace. So while she is excellent at getting you where you want to go in system, she still needs to piggyback off of something else to get you out of the system.
  • Not very versatile - This ship is fast, has some space inside to carry infantry and some small amounts of supplies from ships to dirt side ops and back again, and has a few defensive guns, but otherwise there isn't much she's designed for. You're not going to use it as a fighter because while it is fast and maneuverable and able to shoot off nose, you're risking a crew of five in a single craft for only being able to target enemy fighters. You have no heavy weapons, and no real trump cards with any larger craft, so don't expect to use this as an offensive weapon against hardened targets and get great results. Besides, the most dangerous thing on the craft is the squad or two of dismounts you got in the back, and that's the point.
DESCRIPTION
Fast, Agile, and low profile. All adjectives you want in a dropship meant to get small teams of infantry from you large vessel in orbit, to whatever ground side operations you have on the planet, or station in contested space. The Raptor, is that dropship. She's fast, she's agile, and has more than enough firepower to see her through to the payload's destination. A light assault craft, the Raptor is meant to be the tip of the spear when you're on the offense. She's fast, she can dodge, and she's got enough guns to handle herself in the air. This ship was designed to be the go to when getting your infantry where you need them fast. And while that might be where its usefulness ends, you don't need an all encompassing, prohibitively expensive dropship that can do everything when all you need is something fast, agile, and can get in and out with minimum exposure. And best of all, it's made with many commonly mass produced parts in CIS space, so maintenance and production are a breeze. So strap in boys and girls, we're on an elevator going straight into hell.

Going down.

Last edited:

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Ah, fancy seeing you here, The Monster The Monster ! I see you like Star Citizen ships too! I almost bought this thing, too. Anyway, on to the submission!

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Unfortunately, it looks like we've got the same problem here as we do on your other sub.

Production
: The scale is Unique (Only One Character), Semi-Unique (A single small unit, squad, or squadron), Limited (Only one small group of characters. IE: A Single Minor Faction, Company, or Group within a faction.), Minor (Large groups of characters. (IE: A Single Major Faction, a few companies, or groups.), Mass-Produced. (Anyone.) Characters refer to NPCs & PCs.)

So I'm going to need you to change that, one way or another, if you could, please.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Your armor package and shields along with the fact that this craft possess EWAR and countermeasure tech isn't quite something I'd consider to be 'Average' defenses. Please remove systems, or change the rating.

Once again, we run into a problem with the armament rating. That amount of guns on a ship this size really isn't what one would consider 'low' armament rating. Please adjust it.

STANDARD FEATURES

I like the engines you've used, but we have a problem. I'd like the other tech you mentioned linked if you could. This prevents confusion later on, and makes going through it somewhat easier. If at all possible, could you put it in list form, and maybe then expand on it under description, which is really where you're supposed to be doing that. I don't mean to nitpick, but it's very hard to read through and get a feel for what systems your ship has when its in this format.

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
Essentially, if this thing can't outrun it's opponent, it can definitely outmaneuver it due to the thrust vectoring on the vessel.

Please try to stay away from such absolute wording.

One more thing, an 18 meter ship hardly has a low profile no matter its' cross section. This isn't a Cobra, we're talking about, this is something that's 18 meters wide! Might be a good idea to change the size if you're looking for 'low profile'. Additionally, you mention ease of modification, but remember any significant modification will have to be as a newly submitted variant of this craft.

DESCRIPTION

It'll weave through enemy defenses with the grace of a ballet dancer, and tell off any interceptors that launch to bring it down. With its two tri-barrel rapid fire point defense laser cannons you'll be hard pressed to bring this thing down in a one on one fight, and with four supporting each other, they're practically guaranteed to get their troopers to the ground.

Once more, please avoid such absolute wording in your descriptions.

Alright, once you've addressed these issues, please tag me.

Okay Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol here we go!

1. First thing, I dunno how you want me to change this since the only reason I put The Dire Wolves Mercenary Company down as an affiliate is because the developers, testers, and (it's complicated) manufacturers of this craft was TDW. We are, in no way, shape, or form, intending to use this for TDW military operations as this craft is too dedicated to the infantry support role to be effective for our purposes. So please advise on how to proceed as I am unsure.

2. Fixed the ratings by bumping the Maneuverability from a Very High, to High, to bump the Defenses from Average to High

3. So I looked on wookieepedia for a lot of the stuff in standard features. TLDR, the ones that are Wikipedia links were much better than the Wookiee variants. If this isn't acceptable I will try to find something.

4. Redid the wording on most of it, however kept the low profile bit as I still believe, for a dropship, it is very low profile, and have shifted the width from 18 to twelve meters. My reasoning for this is because the LAAT, which many and myself consider the standard for dropships/gunships, has a wingspan of almost 18 meters with a wing span to match. If you do not find this acceptable I will remove it post haste!

5. Redid wording on the description stuff that you have quoted. New section reads as follows throat clearing noises "She's fast, she can dodge, and she's got enough guns to handle herself in the air. This ship was designed to be the go to when getting your infantry where you need them fast." If this is unsatisfactory I will attempt to rectify it again.

Thank you for your review and working with me on this!

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
  1. See, the problem is that you can only have a single Major faction use it at that rating. If you don't want TDW actually using it, then remove them from the affiliation.
  2. Your armament count of two triple barrelled laser cannons and two forward facing heavy laser cannons really does not count as low. Average is really where I'd see it at the least. So you're going to need to change the armament rating on that.
  3. That's fine, wikipedia links work. I just need you link everything listed here:
    1. Standard defensive systems include a heavy deflector and thermal shield, chaff and flare dispensers, EW suite
  4. Specify that for manually aimed weapons, scanner and sensor directed weapons still won't consider something like this a 'low profile' or low cross section craft and you should be good.
  5. Description looks fine, thank you for changing that.
Change those things, tag me, and we should be good to go!

Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol And here we go for round 2!
1. Done
2. Adjusted the armament to make the Heavies into standard laser cannons, and linked the point defense laser cannons to show that they are strictly defensive weapons as they don't have the punching power of a standard or heavy laser cannon.
3. Done and couldn't find a standard for EW protection suite so I threw it out because I don't have a standard designed yet.
4. Done. Specified that against electronically guided weapons this craft is no different than standard gunship, however due to its designed shape and silhouette manually guided/aimed weapons have a harder time hitting the craft.

Once again thank you for working with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom