Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied Arcadians [Sithspawn]

Status
Not open for further replies.
aximili.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Arcadians
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Arrius Messala | The Primyn Group
  • Average Lifespan: Around 80 years
  • Estimated Population: Rare
  • Description: At a glance? The Arcadians are wild. They are best described as centaur-like creatures covered in blue fur, eye stalks on top of their heads, and a long, flexible tail equipped with a sharp curved blade. They lack mouths or vocal cords, and therefore must communicate using Force telepathy.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I
  • Average Height of Adults: 1.4 - 1.8 meters (4.7 - 6 ft.)
  • Average Length of Adults: 2.4 meters (8 ft.)
  • Skin color: If you were to shave one, their skin would be tan with a purplish cast where blood is concentrated. Attempting to shave one is ill-advised, unless you want their tail blade at your throat.
  • Hair color: Blue fur covers nearly the entire body. It is thicker in some areas, such as the back, chest, stomach, ankles, tail and head, whereas on the face, arms and legs it is shorter and more like the velvety coat of a horse or deer.
  • Distinctions: The upper half of an Arcadian's body is humanoid, though with a few differences. For instance, they have large almond-shaped eyes as well as a pair of eye stalks on top of their heads, long pointed ears, and no mouths. The lower half of their bodies resembles a deer; the downward slope of their lower backs makes them unsuitable as mounts for humans (although some in excellent physical condition have managed to carry very young human children piggyback style). They have a long and flexible tail ending in a curved blade, comparable to a scorpion's tail. Arcadian blood is dark purple in color. Immature Arcadians (those under the age of 10-12) possess white spots and/or stripes on their fur, which gradually fade as they grow older.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: All, although many do not progress in areas beyond their necessary telepathy.
Strengths:
  • Eye Stalks: While their humanoid eyes are slightly keener than a human's, their eye stalks can see into both the infrared and ultraviolet spectrums. Their mobility allows the Arcadian 360-degree vision - it is nigh impossible to sneak up on them.
  • Bladed Tails: Long enough to reach well past their heads and capable of moving faster than the human eye can see, the Arcadians' tails end in a sharp scythe-like blade, allowing them to deliver devastating blows to an opponent. While they do not naturally produce venom, the blades can be augmented to contain poison.
  • Speed: Arcadians can run very fast, around 60 - 80 kph (37 - 50 mph), although those in peak physical condition may press on even faster. When running, the tail is tucked tightly against the back, making them unable to attack, but getting stomped on or kicked by an Arcadian's sharp hooves at high speed could prove equally damaging, perhaps even lethal.
  • Telepathy: Due to their lacking a mouth or vocal cords, they must communicate telepathically, which is done using the Force.
Weaknesses:
  • Thought Eaters: The Arcadians must consume the thoughts and memories of others in order to sustain themselves. It is very easy to become addicted to
  • No Sense of Taste or Smell: While they do breathe, Arcadians have no sense of taste or smell. Certain poisonous substances which other species would be able to detect would go unnoticed by an Arcadian.
  • Force Null: If placed in or near a void in the Force (or similarly Force-dampening object) they will completely lose the ability to communicate.
  • Stubborn: This species, while possessing a military discipline, can be incredibly stubborn. They don't just hand their allegiance over to anyone; you must earn their respect, or they won't lift a tail to help you.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Herbivore; they eat grass... somehow.
  • Communication: Telepathy, which is done using the Force.
  • Technology level: Rare as they are, most have access to the standard technology available at Tintagel, but they have produced no significant technologies of their own. Most tend to keep to themselves, with some even living nomadic lives as herds in the wild.
  • Religion/Beliefs: The Arcadians are aware of their Sith origins, but they are not beholden to their creator(s). They may follow whatever faith or creed they wish.
  • General Behavior:
    • Social Structures: The Arcadians are generally a reserved people. They tend to sequester themselves from other species and stay in herds, although they are also extremely claustrophobic and avoid living in densely populated areas even among their own kind. Arcadian cities are unheard of, and they instead live in family-based units spaced far apart. The ideal environment for an Arcadian is open plains. Family and child-rearing is very important to them; generally both the mother and father will raise their offspring together unless some extenuating circumstance prevents them, in which case other members of the family or herd will step in to fulfill the parental role to a child.
    • Reproduction: Arcadians reproduce sexually and give birth to live young. The average gestation period is around 13 months. Twins are rare, and triplets are even rarer. Newborns are nourished by their mother's milk, with weaning beginning at around 12 months.
    • Childhood and Maturity: Immature Arcadians are referred to as "fawns" (the term can be used both endearingly or as an insult) and are very rambunctious and curious, requiring greater adult supervision even compared to human children. Females tend to mature faster than males (at around 10 years old, whereas males may not mature until age 13) and are thought to be more level-headed and cautious, though this is not always the case.
    • Combat and the Hunt: Strategy! Being part of a herd, in combat they will work together to form a plan of attack. They hold to a militaristic mindset and rely on the discipline of the group to maintain order and coherency.
    • Naming Conventions: Arcadians usually have two names: a given name and a family surname. A given name can come from any source and is entirely up to the parents of the child. An adult may change their name for whatever reason.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
d36kix0-45365e03-b342-4bc5-adb0-e4016b36986b.png

The Arcadians are a species of Sithspawn originating from the labs of the Primyn Group. This particular project was overseen by Arrius Messala within the first year or so after he initially joined the group. Though the project was deemed a success, Messala lost interest in creating new species shortly thereafter and retired to Cophrigin V, bringing his creations along with him.

The Arcadians are descended from Chironians that were mutated by Sith alchemy, turning their horns into eye stalks and giving them long bladed tails. While their exact genetic makeup is unknown, it has been suggested that they were mixed with DNA from the Gran and Ranat species. However, the lack of genetic instability among the Arcadians seems to point to a less broad admixture - the test subjects' DNA could have been crossed with that of semi- or non-sentient species native to Chiron, the Chironians' home planet and original evolutionary origins.

Less than a hundred first arrived on Cophrigin V. A few years later, their numbers have grown, but all the new ones are still mere children. Messala keeps a few around as guards at Tintagel (and of these most stay only because they have devoted themselves to protecting Messala's Children), but the rest are permitted to roam freely. Due to their bizarre appearance and Sith origins, however, most have no desire to travel the galaxy, as they would only be stared at and looked upon with suspicion.

Their small numbers and slow birth rate have given rise to growing concerns over the risk of inbreeding and unsustainability. Attempts at reproducing with unaltered Chironians have proven fruitless, Messala has shown no interest in making more of them in his labs, and the other alchemists involved in their creation don't see them as worth recreating (or rather, it is difficult to "sell" them to other Sith, who are more likely to fund a project creating battle-ready warriors or mindless cannon fodder than a species of physically weak telepathic centaurs). Some Arcadians are now opting to not have children and let their species die out over time, while others may reach out to the scientists of the Primyn Group to solve these issues.

Last edited:
Salamander Salamander

I have to say that as a youngling I adored Animorphs. I'm all up in my Jake and Cassie feels just looking at this - But that leaves me with two major issues that we need to address before we go any further.

1.) Arcadian Vs Andalite: I'm not really seeing many differences here or ways that you've made this species your own. To be blunt...You've created a slightly modified Andalite. The fact that the Arcadians have six fingers instead of seven does not detract from the fact that the description is very, very close to what is posted on Wikipedia. [Book example too. Just one, but if needed, I could find many more. 1 ]

This runs afoul of the following from the General Codex Guidelines: "Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Small excerpts may be included from other sources in a sub, but they must include a credit, link, and be clearly marked."

Below are all the parts that match with an Andalite:

Description: At a glance? The Arcadians are wild. They are best described as centaur-like creatures covered in blue fur, eye stalks on top of their heads, and a long, flexible tail equipped with a sharp curved blade. They lack mouths or vocal cords, and therefore must communicate using Force telepathy.

The only difference here is the word "Force Telepathy" versus "Thought-Speak" but it's the very same effect.

Skin color: If you were to shave one, their skin would be splotchy blue and tan with a purplish cast where blood is concentrated. Attempting to shave one is ill-advised, unless you want their tail blade at your throat.

Hair color: Blue fur covers nearly the entire body. It is thicker in some areas, such as the back, chest, stomach, ankles, tail and head, whereas on the face, arms and legs it is shorter and more like the velvety coat of a horse or deer.

Well..These are obviously the colorings of an Andalite. Making it the "skin" versus the "hair" doesn't make much of a difference when they're still blue and the main creatures from the book were this shade. Take Ax, for example.

Distinctions: The upper half of an Arcadian's body is humanoid, though with a few differences. For instance, they have six fingers on each hand rather than five, large almond-shaped eyes as well as a pair of eye stalks on top of their heads, long pointed ears, and no mouths. Their humanoid arms are physically weak, but their extra fingers make them nimble and dextrous. The lower half of their bodies resembles a deer; the downward slope of their lower backs makes them unsuitable as mounts for humans (although some in excellent physical condition have managed to carry very young human children piggyback style). They have a long and flexible tail ending in a curved blade, comparable to a scorpion's tail. Arcadian blood is dark purple in color, and they have three hearts. The fur of males tends to be a lighter shade of blue, while females are darker and may even look indigo or purple. Immature Arcadians (those under the age of 10-12) possess white spots and/or stripes on their fur, which gradually fade as they grow older.

I can actually quote some of this from the Wiki. You changed a word here or there - But that's not all right. Their blood is blue-black, but, you even kept the internal organs the same. Three hearts. I've even seen you use the words "Tail Blade" in this sub as well as "scorpion-like" which is also...Very Andalite.

Strengths:

Eye Stalks: While their humanoid eyes are slightly keener than a human's, their eye stalks can see into both the infrared and ultraviolet spectrums. Their mobility allows the Arcadian 360-degree vision - it is nigh impossible to sneak up on them.

Bladed Tails: Long enough to reach well past their heads and capable of moving faster than the human eye can see, the Arcadians' tails end in a sharp scythe-like blade, allowing them to deliver devastating blows to an opponent. While they do not naturally produce venom, the blades can be augmented to contain poison.

Speed: Arcadians can run very fast, around 60 - 80 kph (37 - 50 mph), although those in peak physical condition may press on even faster. When running, the tail is tucked tightly against the back, making them unable to attack, but getting stomped on or kicked by an Arcadian's sharp hooves at high speed could prove equally damaging, perhaps even lethal.

Telepathy: Due to their lacking a mouth or vocal cords, they must communicate telepathically, which is done using the Force. If trained, they can employ powerful mental attacks.

The only real differences here are the poison that can be applied and that some can learn mental attacks.

Weaknesses:

Weak Humanoid Arms: This is quite a significant weakness, seeing as it impairs their ability to use weapons and even some tools due to their being too heavy to lift. While an Arcadian could receive Jedi or Sith training, you will never see one wielding a lightsaber.

No Sense of Taste or Smell: While they do breathe, Arcadians have no sense of taste or smell. Certain poisonous substances which other species would be able to detect would go unnoticed by an Arcadian.

Force Null: If placed in or near a void in the Force (or similarly Force-dampening object) they will completely lose the ability to communicate.

Stubborn: This species, while possessing a military discipline, can be incredibly stubborn. They don't just hand their allegiance over to anyone; you must earn their respect, or they won't lift a tail to help you.

Weak arms belong to an Andalite and a diminished/weak sense of taste does too. Force Null only applies because they're Sithspawn. Being stubborn is a general weakness, tis true, but it doesn't really apply for PVP. You also mention "military" discipline which is also very familiar to Andalite culture.

Diet: Herbivore; they eat grass, which they crush and absorb through their hooves.

Communication: Telepathy, which is done using the Force. Go ahead and write their dialogue any way you wish, but I will be putting it in brackets <like this>.

...This is exactly how they eat. This is exactly how they speak. Correction, it's exactly how it's written in the books.
31725deae845b413f55eb2090e396438.png

All of this is way too on the nose. You need to re-write this in your own words, not to mention, this leads to my second issue:

2.) From the General Codex Guidelines[X] - No cross overs. All submissions need to conform to the general idea of Star Wars. No Gundams, no Transformers, no Pokemon etc.

This is a Cross-Over if I ever saw one. I love Animorphs as much as the next person, however, this is Star Wars.

I will need you to sweep through this submission and make it more your own. When I read it - I shouldn't immediately peg it as an Andalite. I know that the image leads you down a difficult path but if you'd like to submit this you'll need to ensure it sufficiently differentiates from the source material.

Tag me when you're ready for me to look again or if you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom