Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

April 2014 Staff Critique Thread

awesome sauce and all that jazz --- but I would advise ensuring that RPJ's are not approving items that name themselves or their characters as direct benefactors.

Best to just let another RPJ handle the approval of it.

Seen a couple in Factory the past month affected by this. Perspective and all :/

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Elvira Congelo said:
I have to agree with @[member="Janus Rogo"], I wasn't here for too long but I always join new sites afraid that if I do I single thing wrong, even as a newbie, I might get lashed out at and get hated on. Constructive criticism is certainly the way to go, if you just break out and scream at members, especially if they're new, you might not find them so quick to agree and respond - and feelings will be hurt.
However, it is also suggested that the plain members do the same. If a judge or admin did something you don't like, never lash out at them (that'll just lead to getting banned) just walk up to them nicely and you'll most likely get a nice reply. If both sides are nice to each other this website could be an excellent community.
As a former Staffer I can assure you that unless you're doing something you could go to jail for you'll likely never get banned. There have been members who've been banned in the past for purely board shenanigans, but all of them were temporary, I believe all of them had warnings, and all of them received second chances(In fact they've received more if necessary). Between the twenty or thirty or so people I've seen on staff over the last 10-11 months for the most part they have all been extremely professional. Now, they're also human, and gaining a reputation is not a good thing, but an RPJ or Admin using their power to get over a personal dispute is extremely unlikely.

That being said there's a lot of truth to what you're saying here. I can't say I've agreed with everything that's happened on the board, nor can I say I've always kept my cool, but if you keep things civil than you'll get in a heck of a lot less trouble, and earn a hell of a lot more respect in the process. OOC communication is essential to maintaining a good community, so even if Jedi Master Steve the Peaceful and Darth Brad the Conqueror hate each other's guts doesn't mean Mr. Steve's writer and Mr. Brad's writer can't be chums. In fact, I'd wager a good relation OOC with the writer of a mortal enemy IC is one of the coolest things to have.

If you feel that you are being prejudiced as a new member talk to a judge or an admin or faction staff(if it's a faction related occurrence) and they will help you set the record straight, but ultimately you need to put yourself out there in order to get exposure. We have oodles of cool people OOC and IC around here, and it's easy to miss the awesome upcoming newbie in the midst of trying to keep up with all of the awesome established veterans. Don't be afraid to put up threads looking for interest or PM members directly if you want to thread with someone specific, and try to find someone to write with that you enjoy reading, even someone who's writing intimidates you. One of the best ways to learn to be a better writer and RPer is get out there with someone more experienced and notice what they're doing and apply it to yourself.

Anyways, I've rambled long enough. I hope you've been having an awesome time around the site and been getting good stuff going for your plots. I'm not a staffer anymore but if you ever need anything, or you ever want to RP, go ahead and send me a PM or a message on Skype and I'd be happy to help you out.

Cira said:
awesome sauce and all that jazz --- but I would advise ensuring that RPJ's are not approving items that name themselves or their characters as direct benefactors.

Best to just let another RPJ handle the approval of it.

Seen a couple in Factory the past month affected by this. Perspective and all :/
If you see this, please report it. All of Staff will see it, and I'll likely throw a temper tantrum.

To continue on that - I have two Admins who maintain the Factory and the Factory Judge positions, and they do so with little to no oversight. So I literally have no idea what's going on over there - but I do watch for reports like a hawk. So if something is strange or weird, and possibly wrong - report it. That brings the entire team of 6 Admins and the Owner in on the issue.

Akala said:
If you see this, please report it. All of Staff will see it, and I'll likely throw a temper tantrum.
^ This.

In addendum, we maintain the Factory and keep it running and organized. However, there are a lot of things that go on in there. I don't know about Kara, but for me it's almost impossible to know 100% of its activity 100% of the time. If you guys have concerns, voice them. Tell me, or tell Kara. There's no reason to wait for the monthly critique if you see something that you think is out of line now.

I get almost no complaint PMs compared to how many complaints that I hear. If we don't know it's a problem, we can't fix it.

Fabula Cavataio said:
^ This.

In addendum, we maintain the Factory and keep it running and organized. However, there are a lot of things that go on in there. I don't know about Kara, but for me it's almost impossible to know 100% of its activity 100% of the time. If you guys have concerns, voice them. Tell me, or tell Kara. There's no reason to wait for the monthly critique if you see something that you think is out of line now.

I get almost no complaint PMs compared to how many complaints that I hear. If we don't know it's a problem, we can't fix it.
Pretty much this. I'm usually good at spotting it but I've been here-there and everywhere recently.

Oohh to continue on with something with that. I came from another rp server (It was a private WoW server called conquest of the horde) and the staff -always- wanted people to report. If it was something you thought was wrong, report it. Don't take chances. If it's nothing, it'll turn out to be nothing. But if its something like godmodding and the person doesn't get reported, he/she will continue and might go on to do it with other people.

Regardless, my only criticism is that I don't know more of you staffers. Ya'll seem a lot better then the ones I had on Coth and you got good heads on your shoulders. At least when you guys talk trash about people you don't lie about it. People are people. People are going to talk trash, I talk trash. GMs on Coth? They'd lie to your face about it. You guys? You'll state it with no problem. Which earns my respect at least.

How dare you (insert random name here)! I can't believe you (insert action here). You should (insert verb) with a (insert noun) until it (insert verb).

P.S. You all are doing your best. That's good enough for me. Thanks for keeping things running.

Ordo the (insert adjective)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom