Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Denied Apollyon-class Star Dreadnaught

Status
Not open for further replies.
NM9zzt1.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

[*]| Primary Source | N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

[*]| Defenses|Extreme

[*]​IWAR
  • Cap drain
  • De-ionizer
  • Socketguard
  • Energy sinks

[*]​EWAR​

[*]Missile Countermeasures
  • Chaff
  • Flares
  • Antimissile octets

[*]​Interior Defenses
  • ​Ray shields
  • Blast doors
  • Advanced biometrics
  • Extensive security camera system
  • Laser grids

[*]| Hangar | High - 70 squadrons

[*]Legion Ground Vehicles (5,500)

[*]Shuttles / Gunships / Dropships (55)

[*]
Legionary Corps

• 350,000 Legionnaires

• 75,000 Support Personnel

[*]| Maneuverability Rating | Very Low
[*]| Speed Rating | Very Low
[*]| Hyperdrive Class | Average
STANDARD FEATURES

​ADVANCED SYSTEMS

Strengths |
  • [ Aegis Assault ] | The Apollyon Class Star Dreadnought is designed and built around shields, both its usage against things such as planetary/capital ship based shields to providing additional power and increasing the efficiency of surrounding vessels. The Apollyon's Assimilator class laser cannon is designed to completely disrupt and drain a target's shield and siphon its power to improve shield efficiency of the Apollyon, with excess being redirected to friendly vessels within a large radius around it. More or less meant to expose the enemy directly while significantly bolstering the defenses of the attackers.
  • [ Sharing is Caring ] | The Apollyon is able to impart the properties of whatever shields are protecting itself to friendly vessels. This effectively increases defensive properties of nearby vessels with effects such as that of the Xythan Force Shields or the Blackgate. This range can extend up to ten kilometers.
  • [ Harbinger of War ] | The presence of the Apollyon Class Star Dreadnought alone is enough indication that an invasion is imminent. Within its hull is enough personnel and armored vehicles to take a planet on its own, even without any support craft from carriers or Star Destroyers in any fleet it is attached to. It was designed to handle any potential barriers that might present itself in attempting to halt the deployment of an army.
Weaknesses |
  • [ Daunting ] | Its classification as a Dreadnought is typically enough to strike fear into the enemy, but upon closer inspection one would find that it is not as heavily armed or bristling with weapons compared to some of the other Dreadnaughts at the Sith Empire's disposal. Its strength lies in its defensive and support capabilities with its purpose being the battering ram. In a head to head with a more offensively oriented Dreadnaught, the Apollyon class amounts to little more than an extremely durable punching bag that will occupy the enemy's attention/focus for quite some time.
  • [ Shields Down ] | Much like the one that commands the Apollyon Class Dreadnaught, it derives much of its strengths from its enemies and targets. The use of the Assimilator cannon and how much it is able to boost shield efficiency and power by is derived from the strength of the shield of its targets. The stronger the shield like a planetary or capital ship shield, the stronger and tougher it becomes. Conversely, if the target possesses no shields or weak shields, the Apollyon gets absolutely zero benefits and can be left vulnerable as it will have wasted a shot that can only be fired once every ten minutes. A person who has encountered the Apollyon before and analyzed its ability to sap shields could potentially shut off their shields entirely as the Apollyon fires the Assimilator cannon, thus rendering it inoperable until recharged. The efficiency of the shield it takes is also reduced for every ship it shares it with. The more vessels that benefit from the sharing of shields, the less value it gets from even distribution.
  • [ Point and Shoot ] | The Apollyon can only fire the Assimilator Cannon at whatever it is pointed directly at with the bow of the ship, thus any capital vessel that might be the target of the Apollyon that is capable of outflanking it will more or less be safe from the greatest danger it possesses, which is sapping their shield systems and leaving their hulls vulnerable to direct damage.
DESCRIPTION

The Apollyon Class Star Dreadnaught commands a fearsome presence on the field, as it is the harbinger of war. It's presence at a battle guarantees that an invasion is just on the horizon and has been designed to carry the Sith Empire's armies to planets designated for destruction to spread the wrath of the Sith across the Galaxy.

The most notable and distinguishing feature that sets the Apollyon apart from other Dreadnaughts in the Sith Empire's Armada is the massive Assimilator Class cannon integrated into the bow of the ship. Though it appears to be a battering ram to be used for incinerating enemies in space, it serves a different purpose; a surgical scalpel opposed to a blunt hammer. Whereas the Behemoth II employs a Kyber enhanced laser to devastate the enemy and tear holes through them, the Apollyon strips away the protection of a target, leaving them vulnerable to hull damage in ship to ship combat. It's primary function however on the battlefield during invasions is to handle planetary shields that prevent the deployment of Sith forces to the ground, where the true devastation starts and ends. Like the Sith General that commands the vessel, the Apollyon's Assimilator Cannon takes the enemy's strength to further enhance its own, taking the siphoned energy to exponentially boost shield efficiency and potency.

The Apollyon is classified more towards a support type Dreadnaught, especially given its ability to sap shields from enemy capital ships or planetary shields, but that is not the only thing it is capable of in its support functions. The power it saps from its foes can be bestowed upon friendly vessels. Just as it is capable of boosting the shield efficiency and potency of itself, it can do the same for friendly vessels near it, imparting shield properties of itself and whatever it siphoned shields from to vessels. The innate properties of the Xythan Force Shields and Blackgate Shield system used on the Apollyon can be utilized by whatever vessels it is given to. This makes any fleet with the Apollyon attached to it significantly stronger in regards to defenses and how much enemy fire they can take.

The Apollyon also ferries a large number of troops and armored vehicles with accompanying support craft. This allows it to lay out an extended siege on its own, aptly given its ship class for a reason. It was designed to raze planets and bring destruction to those unfortunate to come across it.

Kor Vexen said:
[ Sharing is Caring ] | The Apollyon is able to impart the properties of whatever shields are protecting itself to friendly vessels. This effectively increases defensive properties of nearby vessels with effects such as that of the Xythan Force Shields or the Blackgate.
How close would the other ships have to be in order to impart this kind of energy to other vessels? I know for sure it cannot reach across an entire battlefield, and doing as such would be extremely powerful.

Kor Vexen said:
[ Point and Shoot ] | The Apollyon can only fire the Assimilator Cannon at whatever it is pointed directly at, thus any capital vessel that might be the target of the Apollyon that is capable of outflanking it will more or less be safe from the greatest danger it possesses, which is sapping their shield systems and leaving their hulls vulnerable to direct damage.
I do see that the weapon is upon the bow of the ship within your description, however, do you mind also adding this to your weakness, so that if someone takes a quick scan, they can find this information without too much trouble? Little nitpicky I know.

Kor Vexen said:
The efficiency of the shield it takes is also reduced for every ship it shares it with. The more vessels that benefit from the sharing of shields, the less value it gets from even distribution.
I can assume that the larger the vessel that is "buffed" by this ships primary function, would also take quite a drain upon the shields as well? Also, Can this buff be only applied to a couple of ships, or can this buff be placed upon say, the entirety of what it can carry with it's hangar size?

[member="Kor Vexen"],

Vigil Rostu said:
How close would the other ships have to be in order to impart this kind of energy to other vessels? I know for sure it cannot reach across an entire battlefield, and doing as such would be extremely powerful.

I do see that the weapon is upon the bow of the ship within your description, however, do you mind also adding this to your weakness, so that if someone takes a quick scan, they can find this information without too much trouble? Little nitpicky I know.

I can assume that the larger the vessel that is "buffed" by this ships primary function, would also take quite a drain upon the shields as well? Also, Can this buff be only applied to a couple of ships, or can this buff be placed upon say, the entirety of what it can carry with it's hangar size?

[member="Kor Vexen"],
1) I have applied and specified a ten kilometer range on how far it can effect friendly vessels with its shields. Given it's space and large ships are usually not that close together, I think it is quite fair.

2) You have quoted something that already existed within the list of Weaknesses, so I'm not sure what you mean by list it under Weaknesses when it is already there. It seems a bit redundant and I'm not sure if you just saw a janky format that pushed the weakness in question down towards the Description section.

3) The Apollyon already has it's own shields, it only shares the shields it takes via the Assimilator class cannon. Unless dire circumstances that warrant the Apollyon sacrificing its own personal shields for another vessel, it will not share it. It can pick and choose which vessels get to receive additional boosted shields. Long story short - It siphons enemy's shields and redistribute the power it steals to whatever it wants around it, excluding its own personal shield pool from that shield sharing; this way a Frigate doesn't suddenly get the shield power of something worthy of a Star Destroyer. I don't quite understand what you mean by a buffed vessel having a drain taken upon its shields either. Also this shield sharing effect is only meant for larger fleet vessels such as Corvettes/Frigates to Star Destroyers - and as stated evenly distributed to whatever vessels are selected to receive shields from the Apollyon, not smaller craft like boarding transports, starfighters, etc.

[member="Vigil Rostu"]

Kor Vexen said:
1) I have applied and specified a ten kilometer range on how far it can effect friendly vessels with its shields. Given it's space and large ships are usually not that close together, I think it is quite fair.
Thank you for doing so.

Kor Vexen said:
2) You have quoted something that already existed within the list of Weaknesses, so I'm not sure what you mean by list it under Weaknesses when it is already there. It seems a bit redundant and I'm not sure if you just saw a janky format that pushed the weakness in question down towards the Description section.
If you feel it is aptly implied as to how it works, then very well.

Kor Vexen said:
3) The Apollyon already has it's own shields, it only shares the shields it takes via the Assimilator class cannon. Unless dire circumstances that warrant the Apollyon sacrificing its own personal shields for another vessel, it will not share it. It can pick and choose which vessels get to receive additional boosted shields. Long story short - It siphons enemy's shields and redistribute the power it steals to whatever it wants around it, excluding its own personal shield pool from that shield sharing; this way a Frigate doesn't suddenly get the shield power of something worthy of a Star Destroyer. I don't quite understand what you mean by a buffed vessel having a drain taken upon its shields either. Also this shield sharing effect is only meant for larger fleet vessels such as Corvettes/Frigates to Star Destroyers - and as stated evenly distributed to whatever vessels are selected to receive shields from the Apollyon, not smaller craft like boarding transports, starfighters, etc.
Has dedicated shields of its own. The ship then has a weapon that can add to it's own pool of energy to power the shields, OR supply that energy that is siphoned to another vessel within its influence, and has the ability to pick and choose which vessels can gain this ability. So it is not a, for the lack of a better term, "Area of effect."

I will go ahead and pass this off to the Factory Admin/RPJ for Final approval.

[member="Kor Vexen"],

[member="Vigil Rostu"] | [member="Kor Vexen"]

I do love a good SSD in the morning, there are just a couple of small things I've spotted that we need to go through before I can approve this submission.

1) Manufacturer.

While you have linked the manufacturer the hyperlink itsef actually leads to Vigil's final post rather than to the faction page of the Sith Empire like it should.

2) Weapons

Several of the weapons submission you've linked are affiliated with specific companies and not with the Sith Empire. While you can still use the submissions, you will need to obtain and show proof or authorizations from the original writer. If you could ask them to please comment on the thread or provide a proof of authorization post that you can link to that would be excellent. To make it easier for you I have broken down the subs by manufacturer below.

Koensayer Manufacturing:

KM/TL-1000 Megalaser
Artemisia-class Solar Ionization Cannon
Ballista-class Mass Driver Cannon
Hellscream-class Plasma Railgun

Aurora Industries

AW-Ex01 "Orionis" Electromagnetic Plasma Cannon
AW-Ix01 "Hydrus" Ion Cannon
AW-Fx01 "Scutum" Flak Gun
AW-PDx01 "Librae" Point Defense Laser
Blackgate Multicore Shield System

Lords of the Fringe

B1-TM3 Countermeasures Package

In the case of this last submission it is affiliated with the Lords of the Fringe, a faction in their own right. Were the Lords of the Fringe absorbed into the Sith Empire?

3) Hangar

The two submissions listed below are closed market productions by Corondex Arms, as such we would need to see authorization for use in the form of a purchase or a post in this thread authorizing their use.

WG-114 Mobile Rocket Artillery <Hailstorm>
WG-211 Self-propelled Howitzer <Powerhammer>

4) Ratings

Having run the ships ratings through both the spreadsheet, which can be found here, and manually counting the rating this SSD is 2 ratings too high. I can approve the submission as it currently stands, but I would recommend reducing 2 ratings to balance the ships stats.

5) Assimiliator Cannon

I just wanted to leave a note that I've looked through the work the two of you did on balancing the Assimiliator Cannon and that looks really good.

Please tag me back when you've had a chance to look through my points so we can more your dreadnought on to approval.

[member="John Locke"] | [member="Vigil Rostu"]

1) Odd, I could have sworn it was linked to the faction homepage. Regardless, it has been changed to properly link back to it.

2) [member="Darth Athora"] & [member="Taeli Raaf"] have both given me their consent to using their tech for this submission. They will post to confirm this here when they are available to do so. As for the Countermeasures, I cannot particularly say on whether or not the Lord of the Fringe were integrated into TSE, but it was listed under another approved SSD deployed by the Sith Empire, so I figured it would check out. If not, I will remove it.

3) Corondex Arms tech is listed under the Sith Empire's armory so I would assume that they have indeed been purchased for usage by the Sith Empire. This can also be confirmed by [member="Darth Carnifex"].

4) I have lowered the Speed Rating from Low to Very Low and Hyperdrive Class from Average to Low. I believe this should bring it to a more balanced overall rating as you suggested.

[member="Kor Vexen"] | [member="Vigil Rostu"]

1) Linked submissions

Thank you for making those changes. I will wait for Dath Anora's post before moving forward with the approval. In regards to the Lords of the Fringe, unless we can confirm that they were merged into the Sith Empire I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask that you remove that specific piece of technology.

I have spoken to the writer for Corondex Arms and he has confirmed to me that you have permission to use his submissions.

2) Ratings

In terms of the ratings, hyperdrive speed is actually not generally used for balance, so in this case you could return hyperdrive speed to average and choose another rating to reduce to achieve balance. Wile I can approve the submission without balancing out the ratings, this does leave the submission likely to be reported in the future.

[member="John Locke"] | [member="Vigil Rostu"]

1) Since Cam has decided he doesn't want to post and opted for me to provide a screenshot as proof, here it is [x]. I have also removed the Lords of the Fringe tech as well, as per requested.

2) I have returned the Hyperdrive rating to Average and lowered the Hangar from Very High (85) to High (70). If there is anything else that requires correction, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom