Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Port In A Storm

[member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Kaida Taldir"]

Phylis nodded, and suddenly became a hive of activity. Focusing on her work rather than the troubles and concerns of leaving the Order was a relief it seemed.
The furnace in the room’s corner was activated, the sophisticated apparatus was able to generate a lot of heat very quickly without it radiating out.

The Jedi Master went to the storage chests and pulled out an ingot of silver. She had presumably checked with Coryth that this was alright, just as this writer had.
“So, first thing is to create a quick mould to pour the metal into. After that we use the Force to shape it, but it helps to have a conducive shape to start with.”

Soon the silver was bubbling away and Phylis produced a clay shape which she modified and fired in the portable kiln she had.
“This is what I think it will be like,” she said, offering Coryth a quick sketch. “Does that look good?”

Coryth watched closely as Phylis set to work. Her curiousity on the process, she could hardly help. This was new to her, and so much different than the past skills she had studied. Something she was glad Phylis had ventured into.

"Makes sense," The redhead said softly as she took in Phylis' words.

She glanced over the sketch, "Looks great to me. Simple and lovely." It would be interesting to see how much it helped her healing in the future once they were done. Stars only knew there were plenty of times when her own talents were simply not enough for the injuries at hand.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"], [member="Phylis Alince"]

Walking through the corridors of the Skyport, one could easily forget that it was inhabited by a people who'd just lost their homeworld; a race of refugees who could consider themselves lucky to have a home when so many of their people had either perished or been left to languish on a hellhole. Those left behind rightly resented those who'd gotten away.

Of course, the richest or considered most 'essential' to society had been granted a space on the Skyport or the two atmospheric cities. Rigid class barriers still held sway in Eldorai society, though recently challenges had arisen, protests taken place. Up here it seemed to Kaida that people were trying everything to forget the cataclysm by any means possible; smuggling was a growing problem. Still, after spending a good deal of time looking around, Kaida had managed to find a florist and even been able to purchase a probably overpriced bouquet of purple flowers. Hopefully none of her battle sisters would see her, otherwise her rep would need a parachute.

Regardless, she picked up her comm and dialled Coryth's number. Presumably these devices had things like that. If she was unlucky, she would only get the answering machine and have to leave a message! Presumably the elf did not know where Coryth was, since last she'd heard the redhead was taking her Nexu for a walk.

Phylis smiled. “Excellent! Oh, I think we’re ready!” She turned back to Coryth. “There is one final matter though – in order to bind it to you specifically I will need a small amount of your blood. That mixes with the metal, and when we infuse the Force into it the item becomes bound to you. Only you can use it. I, hmm, hope you don’t mind if I use a needle to collect a small measure?”

This was usually the difficult part where people might get squeamish. As Phylis was tired of lecturing, blood was not evil – every single humanoid required it after all!

Coryth nodded, "I see. Makes sense in a way that blood is required, after all it is the life force of so many species, ours included." A soft sigh followed, blood wasn't that much to Coryth. It would at most be a slight discomfort. After all, after operating on people, a drop or two of blood was nothing. "I don't mind. Not at all. So, by all means Phylis, my dear go ahead." She said with a faint smile. "What's a little pin prick after all I've been through? So truly I don't mind. And I think you know by now I'm not squeamish like some. Kind of a requirement not to be squeamish given what we do to help the severely injured."

As for Mittens, he was resting now in the main area of Phylis' ship, half asleep by a chair. About the moment that Coryth had finished speaking her com buzzed in her pocket. "I'll be just a second." The number she recognized, "Kaida? Hello, dear. Kinda in the middle of some lightsided alchemy stuff. So what's up?"

[member="Phylis Alince"] | [member="Kaida Taldir"]

[member="Phylis Alince"], [member="Coryth Elaris"]

Kaida had been waiting for some time and almost expected to get the answering machine, when Coryth replied! Well, that was a lot more pleasant. "Light alchemy? That's cool. Where are you right now? I'm on the Skyport. I, uh, bought you some gifts." Seriously, why did she have to sound this sodding awkward? Maybe the tiny redhead had put a spell on her. Yes, that was the perfect explanation!

“Hmm, good, yes,” Phylis said. “It’s the needles some people don’t like.” Phylis produced a small syringe and extracted a measure of blood from Coryth’s arm, using a burst of the Force to heal the small cut in the other Master’s arm. Of course, Coryth could have done so herself, but it was common courtesy.

Whilst Coryth took a call from her girlfriend, Phylis used the opportunity to stir the molten silver and prepare the mould. When Coryth returned she could instruct her on the next step.

Coryth smiled sweetly, "I'm on the Skyport as well. I am on Phylis' ship right now, working with her. Could always meet me here, if you'd like. Otherwise I'm sure I can meet you a little later tonight." It may have felt awkward to Kaida, but Coryth hardly noticed. It was all too kind and sweet to her.

The redhead glanced down to watch as Phylis took the sample of blood from her arm. "Yes, I can understand that. Needles don't bother me so much. Bacta tanks on the other hand are most unpleasant and something I'd like to avoid for the rest of my days." Her eyes drifted back to the molten silver just watching for a second or two.

Maybe Kaida was less focused on being the centre of attention than a certain Countess. Or perhaps she simply wanted to spend more time with Coryth. So her response was quite simple. "I can come by now. Just tell me where her ship is parked," she said a bit too eagerly. Presumably she got the coordinates since we don't to waste with mundane details.

So after ending the call, she headed to wherever the right docking bay was. For a change, Kaida was not wearing armour! No, she was actually wearing jeans and a turtleneck. Yes, she actually owned civilian clothes. This one is rather surprised as well.

“Hmm, Kaida coming by, is she?” Phylis guessed when Coryth returned. She’d had little to do with Kaida for the most part. She was what she thought of as a ‘Force solider’, very stoic and professional.

Regardless, more important things were needed, and she looked to the silver.
“This is important. First of all I use the Force to lift the crucible and pour the silver into the mould. It’s at this point the blood goes in. Then, we concentrate on the metal, use Art of the Small to focus on the metal atoms. We shape them, we call upon the light to infuse it. We bind it thus from blood to metal to the Force, we forge it so the atoms are unbreakable.”

Reaching out to Coryth with the Force she assisted the Master in delving deep to the sub atomic level to lock all parts of it together, to make it Coryth’s once and forever.

"I'll see you then, Kaida." Coryth said with a smile. Kaida was an unexpected and interesting addition in her life. She'd never truly been around someone like her, and well the redhead certainly did enjoy having Kaida around.

"Yes, she is. I hope you don't mind." It hadn't crossed her mind to ask before she invited Kaida to join them.

Then back to the matter at hand. Coryth listened carefully to what Phylis was saying, watching every movement. "Alright, I can manage that." She said softly before reaching out into the Force to help bind the blood, metal, and the Force together in one. It certainly felt a bit odd to Coryth, but it wasn't the first time she'd used Art of the Small at this small a level. Once the pendant was complete and bound to Coryth, she took a deep breath. "Curious it is, to do this. I never imagined using Art of the Small like this. But it makes sense. If I can encourage cell growth, while infusing said cells with the Force, only makes sense that it can be taken to such a small level. I'd really love to learn more. Doesn't all have to be right this moment, but I'd love to learn from you."

And so Kaida quantum tunnelled onto the ship. Well, she did not really teleport since she'd spent a few posts getting here! By the time she arrived on the ship, Coryth and Phylis seemed to be in the closing stages of making a shiny artefact that glowed with the Force and fluffy goodness.

Kaida was dressed unusually casual and probably looked as relaxed as someone who was not good at relaxing could be. "Hey, dear, that's the shiny you made? What's it for?" she spoke softly as she approached Coryth. She didn't know how far they were, so she did not push the gifts into her view right away. Instead she put a hand on Coryth's shoulder and pulled the redhead into a kiss. Next she turned her gaze to Phylis, though her hand lingered on the redhead's tiny shoulders. "Mistress Alince, nice seeing you again. Welcome to Tygara."

As Kaida boarded, Nibbles came to say hello, watching from the railing by the door. This visitor smelt nice to him and he looked eagerly for any food the newcomer might have, but unfortunately it was just flowers.

Phylis meanwhile finished moulding and shaping the metal, and then held it in the air telekinetically to cool. It looked nice.
“Ah, thank you, and welcome to my ship, Kaida! Hmm, yes, this is the item we’ve just designed. It will help Coryth with her healing talents. Hmm….”
She paused as she let it drop into her hand.

Paying it down on the bench she took up a heavy smithing hammer and struck it hard. Though it rung like a bell no scratch or deformity could be seen on it. She nodded, satisfied.
“I would love to teach you. In fact, I would like your assistance in creating a holocron with this information. That would be a good way for you to learn, but also assist me in the rather difficult task.”

That same bright smile appeared once more as Coryth heard Kaida's voice. The touch against her shoulder got her attention, as she turned to enjoy a brief kiss with the lovely Eldorai Cryomancer.

"It's lovely, Phylis." It certainly was simple and beautiful to Coryth, and just the kind of thing to need with the kind of adventurers she hung around. They did have a tendency to get hurt and frequently required her kind of healing talents. "Aye, yes it will aid my healing gifts, which certainly will come in handy."

Her brow furrowed together as Phylis quite unexpectedly took the smithing hammer to the pendant. "What are you do..." She was cut off as the sound rang out, but the pendant showed no sign of damage whatsoever. "Well now, that quite interesting."

"A holocron." She'd not ever even helped to make one before. "I've never worked on something like that, but I'd be most happy to help. This kind of rare knowledge needs to be recorded for the next generation, without a doubt."

The redhead then stepped forward to pick up the lovely little necklace. Feeling the strength of the lightside within it, was quite the confort to Cory. It only took her a second to slip it around her neck. "Thank you, Phylis. I truly appreciate it."

Of course now, there was Kaida who Coryth remembered had mentioned gifts. "So Kaida, my dear, you mentioned a gift on your way here." The redhead seemed to be grinning something like a silly little school girl, so joyous for a change.

[member="Coryth Elaris"], [member="Phylis Alince"]

Kaida did not really understand alchemy, truth be told. Or the Light Side Jedi talked about so often. Spending many years beyond Kaeshana had exposed her more to foreign traditions, but she still remained wedded to Eldorai beliefs in many ways.

However, she could sense the artefact's strong Sciia presence and it clearly seemed to give Coryth joy. After all, she knew how passionate the redhead was about her healing. "Very nice work you two," she said politely as her eyes fell upon the amulet.

"Phylis made some shiny protection amulets for me some time ago. Sure this'll come in handy for you, dear." Oh, and apparently there was a rat on the ship. For some reason it had a Sciia presence.

Ah, right, gifts. Kaida had almost forgotten about those! In her defence, Coryth could be very distracting. Yes, distracting was totally the right word. Anyone who did not think that had no taste. "Yes...gifts, right. I, uh, got you some at the market," she said and was probably blushing like a schoolgirl trying to talk to her high school crush. This was so embarrassing. Regardless, she presented the bouquet of flowers and the gift-wrapped bracelet that had Coryth's name engraved on it. She would wait for the redhead to open both. "Do you like them? Just was on the market and thought of you." Well, at least she was not stammering.

[member="Kaida Taldir"] [member="Coryth Elaris"]

“I have made a holocron before, but that was a more personal one for me. I need to make one to store the secrets of Alkahest, as I said. We can start whenever you like, next week perhaps?”

Kaida arrived bearing gifts and Phylis wandered over to examine them.
“That’s very sweet of you, Kaida!” she said warmly. It was nice to see the frosty elf show a more Eldorai side of herself than the professional soldier.

Coryth honestly couldn't have been more happy than she was then. Just small simple things made all the difference in her life. "Thank you, dear. That is my hope as well. I have no doubt it will help save lives in the future. And that is more than enough for me, just a little extra help for those talents I have. And I'm glad to hear she has made some items for you as well."

Now for the gift, truth be told Coryth wasn't used to getting gifts whatsoever. So, this was a little new few her. "Awww, so sweet of you." Coryth said excitedly as she took the gift and started to open them. The flowers she was quick to take in the scent of, "My favorite color..." And then the bracelet, "It's so lovely. Thank you, Kaida!" Coryth said quickly before pulling the Eldorai woman into a tight hug. Even if it did take her standing on her tip toes to do so given her height. "They're beautiful, both of them."

Then of course there was still some business to attend to, "Next week would be great. I do agree. It's information that needs to be stored and kept without a doubt. Such a rare gift, it would be a shame if the knowledge were to die with you and me."

Proudly she showed off the flowers and the bracelet for a moment, before slipping the lovely jewelry around her wrist. "You know, it's almost dinner time. We should probably head over to Sio's. Would you like to join us Kaida?" If Siobhan had an issue with Coryth inviting the Frost Elf.... Well, she was going to have to suck it up, or deal with an otherwise cranky Coryth. And no one liked a cranky Coryth. It was her girlfriend after all, and Coryth was going to have her there like it or not.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Well, Coryth seemed very happy. That was good! Kaida might've been a tad insecure about her reaction, though obviously if that was the case she'd never admit it. After all, she had a rep to maintain. Fortunately Elayne Saedaris was nowhere to be seen.

"Thanks, dear. Glad you like them," Kaida said happily. She was a bit surprised when the little redhead suddenly pulled her into a hug, but then returned the embrace and gave her a kiss. It was a bit awkward due to the notable height difference, but they managed. "Bracelet looks lovely on you. I was, uh, gonna suggest you and me go on a boat ride next week, but if you two want to make a holocron just tell me on which day you're making it and I can find one where I'm free and we can go. Schedule's a bit hectic for me."

Kaida's schedule was busier than she would have liked. The war with the Xioquo had slowed down, but there was much to be done to prepare for the final offensive to subjugate them. Along with training new Angelii - and breaking them in because many were an undisciplined lot! - , maintaining order in Eldorai settlements and occasional conflict with the Qadiri.

However, the frost elf's good mood suffered a blow when Coryth mentioned having dinner...at Kerrigan's. "Dinner is good...but do we really have to go to Kerrigan's?" Maybe she was being a bit childish, but she simply didn't like the woman!

Phylis was amused by Kaida’s final pouting. Perhaps Siobhan was constantly trying to seduce the Angelii too? Or perhaps Kaida was simply a bit more cantankerous and less likely to obey Siobhan. Either way, it was cute to see the two connect, and although she was still not entirely over Coryth having an Eldorai lover she had gotten over her surprise.
“Lead the way, Coryth, we wouldn’t want to be late!”

She deposited Nibbles in his room, and the rat gave her a forlorn look as she left.

Coryth glanced happily to the bracelet and then back to Kaida as she ran her fingers over the engraving. Clearly she really did like it a great deal. "A boat ride? I'd love that. Can always go sailing or something of the like. Well, I'll let you know the second we decide on a day, and we'll arrange for that lovely boat ride." For Coryth her schedule was the most open of the bunch, or at least she thought so. After all, aside from a little company business here and there Coryth didn't have much that needed managing.

Coryth gave Kaida a bit of a stern look, well as stern as Coryth could feign. Which wasn't all that convincing. "Yes, we do. I already promised Siobhan I'd be there. So, don't make me, make this an order. Kerrigan isn't that bad, once you get to know her." She said firmly as she started for the door. With that Coryth turned on her heals and headed out the ship, and headed for Siobhan's place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom