Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Port In A Storm

[member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

“Unknown ship, this is Skyport Command, identify yourself.”
“This is Jedi Master Phylis Alince. Transmitting code now,” the Jedi Master said. She had a code which Siobhan had given her which would grant her access to Tygaran space, and also notify her friend of her arrival.
“Code accepted. Welcome, Mistress Yedai,” the Eldorai controller said. “Please proceed to docking bay 18.”
“Understood. Thank you.”
Phylis steered the ship towards the waiting hanger bay, and set the Wellspring down with a soft ‘clink’.

The Jedi Master checked she had everything, and thought she had. Suddenly, tiny feet ran up her back, and her newest friend Nibbles the Jedispawn was perched on her shoulder.
“Want to go explore, hmm?” she asked, giving the little rat a pet. It nuzzled her in a friendly way, which presumably meant yes!

And so the rather odd picture of a Jedi Master with a rat on her shoulder descended the ramp and into the Tirathana Skyport’s docking bay.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

And so it was time for the oddest friendship of the 'verse to have a reunion! Verily, the Tirathana Skyport was the best place ever to find shelter from the quagmire that was Republic-Jedi Order politics. Siobhan had just left The Lady's Haven when she received the transmission from Phylis. After all, even after an apocalyptic exodus people needed fancy clothes and...massages!

So she passed over her shopping bags to a minion and quickly headed down to the docking bay, still wearing a shiny dress she'd just bought. She imagined that her friend [member="Coryth Elaris"] would want to see Phylis as well, so she passed on the message to her so that she could join in her own time.

And so it was that Siobhan happened upon the odd picture of the Jedi Master walking around with a cute little cat perched on her shoulder. A rat that was somehow radiating a Light Side signature, as bright as the day.Siobhan blinked at the odd picture. Ah, well, presumably there'd be an explaining. "Hey, look who's here," she said cheerfully. "Hey, Phylis. Good to see you."

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
“Siobhan!” Phylis said, coming forward to give her friend a hug. Nibbles though was not as pleased. He reared up slightly and squeaked warningly.
“It’s alright, sweetie, she’s a friend. Siobhan, this is Nibbles. He’s…uh…well he’s an experiment. He’s a Jedispawn, as I guess is the term. He can sense the Dark Side now because of his connection, but he can’t intellectualise who is good, who is bad.”
Nibbles trembled slightly until Phylis petted his head and back. Soothed, but still wary, he looked up with his gold-flecked eyes at Siobhan.

“Want to come aboard my ship and check it out?” she asked after a moment.

Coryth got the message, and smiled as she was walking through the streets with Mittens on a leash. After all, even Nexu needed exercise. It didn't take long for the tiny, barefoot Master to find her way to both Phylis and Siobhan.

The redhead lifted a brow to the little creature, so light-sided. Mittens eyed it for a moment, uncertain if it was food, a toy, or something not to be touched. Coryth cleared it up quickly, "Not food. Not a toy. Don't you dare touch." Her voice so commanding that the Nexu instantly sat down, and nuzzled up to her hand, knowing better than to cross Cory.

"Good to see you both. Don't mind Mittens. He's relatively harmless. Relatively." Totally reassuring words. "He's mostly a big baby these days, unless he feels I'm threatened." She clarified quickly. Moving on. "New pet, Phylis? It's kinda cute." Totally trying to move on from the Mittens topic. She knew too well not many were comfortable with such a creature..

[member="Phylis Alince"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Phylis Alince"], [member="Coryth Elaris"]

Siobhan looked a bit upset when she noticed the little rat seemed afraid of her. After all, she was nice and cuddly! Phylis giving her a hug cheered her up a bit. "He's Jedispawn rat? Aww, he's so cute," she exclaimed, trying to look as nonthreatening as possible when she looked at little Nibbles. She would have raised her hand to pet him, but figured that would scare him.

It was then that a wild Coryth and her nexu appeared! "Hey, Coryth, darling," she said warmly, reaching out with her hand to pet the nexu. He was sort of cute, after all, though she hoped Galina would stop poking her about wanting one as well!

Nibbles was not having a good day. First he was confronted by a human who for some reason he instinctively shrunk from. Then another human came…with a giant cat! Rats and cats did not get on, so he hid in Phylis’ hood, trembling slightly.

“Coryth! So good to see you!” Phylis said. She eyed the Nexu, before coming forward and giving the other Jedi a hug.
She could see that Coryth had ‘gone native’ and looked less a Jedi and more a beast-tamer from the distant past.

“Yes, his name’s Nibbles, he’s my first working example of Alkahest in a living creature. A Jedispawn if you will.”

“Come on board, I’ll give you the tour!” she said eagerly, gesturing to her ship.

Mittens nuzzled Siobhan's hand before gently trying to lick her arm. Coryth carefully watching from the corner of her eye. "Hi Sio, dear." She said sweetly.

Coryth smiled brightly and quickly returned the hug from the Jedi Master. "Glad to see you as well, been a long while." An eyebrow was lifted as she once more glanced to the creature. "How interesting ... and fascinating." With a happy nod, she followed into the ship at Phylis' suggestion of a tour. "I'd love to see what you've been up to of late." Though she did wonder what had brought the Jedi in this direction.

[member="Phylis Alince"], [member="Coryth Elaris"]

Siobhan liked Mittens. He was so adorable and cute! Well, for a big nexu who could easily bite your arm off. So she happily petted the big cat. Alas, the rat was still being nervy, so for now she sort of ignored. "Sure, sounds good. I'd love to have a look," she said happily, though she likewise wondered why the Jedi had come here.

Had Phylis finally realised that the Republic's Jedi Order sucked?

Phylis entered the ship, finding her droid Six-Nine waiting for them. In deference to the fact that presumably he was under her control, he had not started by being too snarky. However, as he was still a bit difficult, he’d not done anything to prepare the ship.

“Six-Nine, you remember Coryth and Siobhan? Please prepare tea for them.”
The droid gave an unenthusiastic burble and set off.
“Hmmph, I heard that! Coryth’s feet are very clean, thank you!” she replied sternly.
Now back in his habitat, Phylis put Nibbles down and he quickly ascended a wall, looking down on the newcomers.

“Please, take a seat, my friends. I have some news to share with you. For me…well it’s probably the biggest news I’ve had since I joined the Jedi. And, well…”

For a moment Phylis could not continue, she seemed close to tears. Six-Nine wisely made no comment when he rolled up with a tea tray which was put on the table.

“I have stepped down from the Jedi Council,” Phylis finally said. “I furthermore…furthermore…I am not going back to the Republic. The Jedi Order as I knew it is broken. I cannot fix it, I don’t know if it can be fixed.”
She looked down at her lap. It had taken a lot for her to say that, something she was sure she never would.

"Snarky little droid." Coryth grumbled after hearing Phylis' comment on his concerns.

The redhead's brow soon knitted together as she sensed great emotional turmoil within the Master Jedi. Heading it, was another thing. Even she couldn't help but feel the sadness wash over her. And a part of her felt bad for Phylis. Though Coryth had to come to a similar decision. However, hers was a little different having been abandoned completely when she personally needed the Jedi most, after having been their tool for many years before that. Those circumstances had made it easier to walk away. That and Omega Pyre had been right there to pick her up, and give her purpose while she figured out all the things that had happened in the galaxy while she'd spent a decade outside it.

"Oh, Phylis ...." She said softly. Rising Coryth stepped over and knelt down in front of the woman. Reaching out, she gently took her hand and gently ran her thumb across the back of it. "I am so sorry." She sighed, hating to see a good friend of hers in such pain. "I know there's not a lot I can do to ease this pain. It's not much, but you are always welcome in my home, or on my sailboat. It's not like the boat is doing anything but sitting in the harbor right now. Anything, anything at all that I can do for you, you only have to ask my friend." Then Coryth stood to give Phylis a hug. It seemed like she needed one in that particular moment.

[member="Coryth Elaris"], [member="Phylis Alince"]

Siobhan was in a bit of a dilemma. On the one hand, she had long come to the conclusion that the Jedi Order was stupid and that any sensible person should leave this cult of ossified, blind fossiles. Who apparently thought that killing murderous Sith would magically turn your dark side, because Jedi had to 'respect all life'. Even that of those who didn't respect anyone else's.

On the other hand, Phylis was her friend and obviously distraught, and so Siobhan felt bad for her. "I'm very sorry to hear this, Phylis. Whatever you do, we'll support you and you'll always be welcome on Tygara," she said feelingly. Having said that, she gave the librarian a hug. Just for the record, there was no groping!

Group hug!

Phylis pulled her friends into a close hug before settling back.

The Jedi Master smiled wanly. “Thank you both. I know both of you were in my place long ago, but until now I saw something still in the Order which made me stay. However, I can say with complete certainty that for me the Jedi have lost their way. They now flee to the outer rim, they abandon their duties and have fallen into folly with unrealistic interpretations.”

“However, I am still a Jedi, and always will be. If that means being my own master, or aiding the Silver Jedi, then so be it. Either way, this ship is now my home, but I was hoping to stay here for a few weeks to get my bearings. I was also hoping I might spend some time with Galina if she still wants to. And also, Coryth, I was wanting to see if you wanted to learn some of my skills of Alkahest whilst I am here. I am planning to make a holocron to preserve this knowledge…even if I feel the other Jedi are not very interested in the art.”

After being released from the hug, Coryth settled back in her seat, alongside Siobhan. She tried her best to smile, but still worried for Phylis and how she'd adjust to the changes. Coryth knew it wasn't an easy task, especially not for someone that had so believed in the Jedi for so long.

Coryth sighed, "They aren't the same order they once were. They've slowly been slipping down this path for a while. I wish it wasn't the case, but I am glad to see you separate yourself before you got so entangled in their plans now. I don't even recognize them as Jedi any longer, not after abandoning their duties to the Republic and fleeing tail between their legs from the Sith."

The redhead gave an understanding nod. "Being your own master, I think might be the breath of fresh air you need. And yes, I'm interested in Alkahest and the skills you have mastered with it."

It was, truth be told, a bit awkward for Siobhan. She felt sorry for Phylis, but at the same time she'd never thought the Jedi were great in the first place. "I'm biased, but far as I'm concerned they've been stagnant fossiles for a long time. You're better off without that incompetent lot," she said bluntly. Maybe that was not the best thing to say, but you could not get much common ground when you were an open darksider.

"Anyway, I'll be happy to have you here any time and I'm sure Galina'll love to see you and I know you've got her best interests at heart, so I'd be glad to have you teach her and my other girls. I could provide you with resources for your research," she said, looking from Phylis to Coryth. "You know, if you two wanna go over Alkahest and stuff, that's cool. Sure you got lots to talk about and can learn a lot from one another. I can make myself scarce and catch up later." This was a polite way of saying that, as a very proud woman, Siobhan did not like being third wheel and felt out of place. Moreover, she didn't feel like she had much to offer to the conversation.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

For her part Phylis realised that she was excluding Siobhan. Too late now. Rising, she gave Siobhan an affectionate hug.
“I guess I should have seen earlier the truth. Either way, I will come and see you soon, Siobhan! Perhaps we can all get dinner tonight?”

With Siobhan gone she turned back to Coryth. “It will be good to teach my skills to someone of my level. I have it in mind to take the next step and make something which aids your particular skills in healing and empathy. Let me show you my setup.”

Excitedly, she took Coryth into the rear room where the forging equipment was laid out. Neat containers around the edge of the room held all the necessary supplies.

Phylis went to a safe and produced a necklace of gold. “This is like the one I’ve made for Galina. I’ve perfected the art of making the Alkahest items almost impervious to harm, and infusing them with the Light.”

Nibbles seemed to like this place though, perhaps because of the Light energies which permeated the room. He came down to cuddle Coryth, seeming much more affectionate now the big cat wasn’t there.

Coryth looked to Siobhan, feeling a little bad herself. She didn't like to see anyone excluded but it was what it was. "Dinner tonight, sounds like a good idea to me. We'll see you back at your home, Sio." She said softly.

The redhead then smiled, "It would be my honor to learn from you. It has been some time since I've had someone of similiar mindset and skills around." Knowing all too well, most of the women and men she hung out with were Dark Jedi. There were very few lightsiders in her life these days. "And it will be nice to be the student, again."

The tiny woman gave a small nod, "Of course." Spoken as she rose to follow Phylis. With a single motion of her hand, she gave Mittens the command to sit, and stay. "I'll be back, Mittens. Just relax here." She said quietly before finally following along behind Phylis.

Stepping into the room with the forging equipment and the like, Coryth couldn't help but feel the lightside wash over her. Such power, actually brought a smile to her face and helped her to relax a little more. It wasn't every day she felt such powers surround her. It was something akin to going 'home' to the temple when she was younger. A place where she could center herself with ease and felt utterly safe from harm.

Reaching out, she took the necklace from Phylis just to examine it for a moment. "It's quite fascinating, the power that radiates through this. I'm impressed, Phylis."

Coryth reached out a gentle hand to stroke Nibbles' head while he snuggled against her. It was a strange creature to her, but cute and adorable. The rat part, did throw her a little, for she never had been fond of that type of animal after her years spent on the streets. Far too often she'd wake to one nibbling at her. That was a thought she was quick to push away. That part of her past, she never had to return to, not now, not ever.

"So what is the general process that you go through to make an item like this one?" She asked as she passed it back to the Jedi Master.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Siobhan had left the Knowledge Arc somewhat sulkily. Well, or she had departed because she wanted to give the two Independent Jedi space to discuss and practice their Light Side craft. It probably depended on your interpretation. Far away from the hangar where the arc was parked, Kaida was traversing the vast market and shopping stores of the Tirathana Skyport, for she was a woman on a mission. A very important one. As a matter of fact it was crucial and thus had to be planned out with the precision a general staff would dedicate to the invasion of another country. What was the aforementioned mission, the gentle reader may ask? Finding a suitable gift for Coryth. Unfortunately, as Kaida had discovered, this assignment had a maximum difficulty rating and made fighting a horde of Klaxxi seem easy.

Oh, sure, she was not lacking in choices, for it seemed to her that every street vendour, jewellry merchant and clothes store owner wanted to gain her attention. It made her wonder whether she was carrying a big, bright sign that said 'Hi, looking for a gift for my girlfriend and am totally clueless'. She was quite certain that she did not wear one, for she had checked. She had concluded that the 'Successful Dating: Hundred Steps for Novices' guide was utterly useless. Dating was like navigating without a compass.

"I'm sure this ring will look lovely on her," one elf shopping assistant in a jewellry store told her, but Kaida shook her head after giving the golden piece of jewellry a good look. It was very nice but...very ostentatious. It just did not seem like Coryth to her. "Maybe this diamond," the woman droned on, as if she had not noticed Kaida's disapproval. Her eternally chipper tone got on the soldier's nerves.

Merchants annoyed the frost elf. "No, I don't think that fits," the Angelii declared. Not sounding very authoritative. "She's not really the...sort for stuff like that."

"Are you sure? Diamonds are a lady's best friend." The assistant sounded like a bad HoloNet commercial. "Surprise her with something grand and spare no expenses!"

Yeah, that's very helpful, Kaida thought to herself. Unfortunately for the shopping assistant, Kaida did not have an absurdly bloated budget since Angelii officer pay was not that great. Actually her salary had been slashed because the government was kind of in heavy debt due to the Exodus! Should've just bought flowers. Everyone liked flowers, right? But what colour? Red was a bit obvious.

"If not jewellry, have you thought about getting her shoes? We have a lovely selection of lovely heels on special offer..."

Kaida help up her grand before the annoying assistant could continue. "No, no, thanks. She's not keen on shoes."

The assistant frowned, not quite understanding. "Well, I'm sure we can accommodate..." blahblahblah, she was already beginning to load her with more frivolous stuff Coryth would probably not have time for. However, then finally one of the items on display caught Kaida's eye.

[member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Kaida Taldir"]

Phylis did like to teach and lecture, liked it more than anything else practically. So Coryth asking the last was perfect for her.

“Thank you, Coryth! It’s a learning process for sure. Now, as to the process, the key is the forging process for metal items. When an item is molten that is the time to inject the Light into it. Art of the Small is the key skill, and basically you have to commune with the metal and bound the Light into every molecule and part. If you want the item to have specific qualities you inject them then as well.”

She gestured at her array. “Would you like me to show you? I can definitely make you something to, hmm, help with your healing skills or something similar.”

The redhead listened carefully and nodded her understanding. "Interesting, doesn't actually sound all that different from the way that I use Art of the Small for healing within surgery and for other wounds and injuries. Just a little different, but a concept I can wrap my head around."

Coryth smiled, "Sure, I'd love to see it. And well anything that helps my healing skills would be great."

[member="Phylis Alince"]

Meanwhile in the shop, Kaida had finally found something. The shopping assistant was as annoyingly chipper as ever. "Oh, that bracelet will look lovely on her. If you're sure, we have..."

"Yes, I'm sure. I want that. Can you engrave her name on it?" It took all of Kaida's self-control not to snap at the woman as she brushed aside her comments as if they were buzzing insects. Honestly, she wondered how this shop could be so well-stocked with jewellry considering the Exodus. Perhaps if the government taxed places like this a bit a more, she'd get a decent salary again!

"Of course, we can, dear. What was it again? Koryth, right?"

"Coryth. With 'C'," Kaida said firmly and a bit grumpily.

"That's a very nice name. This is very sweet of you to get this for her." For just a moment the woman's fingers brushed against Kaida's hand in a rather blatant manner. Now, contrary to popular belief she was not sexually repressed, but she was annoyed and so she removed her hand.

"I'm not interested. Now I'd like her initials engraved." Tone was close to maximum frostiness.

If the shopping assistant was disappointed, she did not let it show much. Perhaps the prospect of credits cheered her up. "Of course, dear." And so a few minutes later, Kaida had a fancy bracelet with Coryth's name on it and exited the shop. Stage one of her quest was complete. It felt a bit like one of those RPGs the kiddos loved so much these days. One thing those had in common with so many invasions in real life was that bizarrely battles were decided by two dozen 1x1 duels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom