Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any LARP players?

Xephirus Cloud

The Echo of Destruction
Just git back from an all day NERO Larp and I was wondering if there were any others who partook. For those who don't know what that is it... Live Action Role Play.

Any people from California wanna hit me up? We're always looking for new players as well.

37466698.jpg

Yeh, I went there.

I may or may not have a full set of plate armor and I may or may not have fought in chainmail, leather, brigandine, etc etc. Not a spellcaster, but I've been known to hit people with a foam stick from time to time.

[member="Xephirus"] Well I've gone to Darkon and Orcslarp out in Virginia. Haven't been in a long time as I got grappled by a much larger person and thrown around. Wouldn't have been a big deal but I was holding a tower shield, and my hand couldn't get out of the grip in time. Still got a scar and can't bend one of my fingers like I used to, and that was 6 months ago.

[member="Xephirus"] Yeah, where I play, if you have the highest class of armor, anyone can grapple you. Along with that, anyone can shield charge an individual with a tower. Thus, my specific setup is the most likely to get injured. But, when people are considerate, it's a good deal of fun.

[member="Xephirus"] Yeah, I've sprained stuff multiple times, someone had their nose broken, I've been covered in bruises from poorly fitted plate armor, cut myself with someone else's armor, been piked in the throat, etc etc. Night fighting is when it gets real bad.

Xephirus Cloud

The Echo of Destruction
[member="Reverance"] before larp me and my dumb friends used to beat the carp outta each other with those hard plastic lightsabers. Needless to say there was definitely blood.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"] There are grades, fo sho. Some groups are very spell heavy and then there are groups like mine, where they are all stick jockies and in it for the fighting. I prefer it that way but it has it's drawbacks.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"] I would say, that if you are going to get into it, get some armor. It took me years to save up for mine (plate greaves, plate torso, gambeson, chainmail shirt and chainmail head piece, plate gorget, plate vambrace, plate besegews (normally come with torso), plate pauldrons). I got the setup piece by piece but there is nothing quite like charging in the winter time, all armored up, and just knocking the crap out of people with a glave or pike or huge black sword.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"] Yeah, that's not me - Cleric/Paladin. Slow and lumbering, tower shield normally. But it also means I can take more hits than any other person, ipsofacto I get hit more than most people. In the LARP realm, armor makes you a target.

You would likely make a good thief/assassin class or maybe something like a monk/ranger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom