Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any LARP players?

I used to do some side stuff with a sort of LARP group. It was mostly just swordfighting. Had a lot of fun, and the weapons were pretty safe (it was meant for younger peeps and those just getting into that sort of thing) so I never got hurt. Except for that one time where I slipped and banged my knee on the ground pretty hard... Got a bit of a bruise. Nothing to bad.

I've always wanted to get into something more though. Thwacking people can be fun. Unfortunately I lack a fair bit of skill with a blade (Unless we're talking Kendo style stuff. That's essentially Japanese fencing, btw). Hand to hand stuff is more of my thing. I can hold my own for a bit when necessary. This kid in my neighborhood used to try and fight me with parts of branches as we came home from the bus stop. We would be bruises (and sometimes a little cut up) by the time we got to our houses, but it was somehow still fun. Learned a lot about fighting from it. Or at least that's how it feels.
After all, I did beat him every time!
He did come close this one day though... smashed my thumb a bit by accident. Couldn't use it very much for a day or two afterwards. I nearly missed my piano lesson because of it!

TL;DR: Ven used to spar with her neighbors, wants to get into LARP again some day. Rawr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom