Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another tag suggestion (yep)

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]
The issue that you're missing is that the rank titles are not watched by the staff at all times. The same number of characters that consistently abused their abilities as force users would continue to do so and cite the force sensitive tag as their reasoning when reported, eventually resulting in being made an apprentice again with the title removed. Once forced to adhere to the 3 tier system, those unnamed fellows stopped being so ridiculous and far-fetched in their uses of the force which meant it worked better than trusting them on their own to estimate where they belonged.

On a side note:

I understand that each time a tag request happens it becomes a cautionary tale as to why they shouldn't be accepted unless A.) People want it and B.) It's actually useful.

But I will say a lot of the issues raised don't magically disappear (or the opposite) because of graphical art under your name. I can safely assume that in the past people have done things their character wasn't capable of doing and it'll continue to happen in the future. Now with the new rule, if it hasn't happened already, someone will report another person for using the force despite not having the force-user tag. Not saying that it'll solve any problems and I know I shouldn't say "one more won't hurt" but I do feel like some of the concerns aren't really concerns that are being prevented by tags.

This is just bandying semantics really.

If you’re Force sensitive and can use it, you fall into one of the categories already in existence. If you are and can’t use it, you don’t need it.

Simple. Every time people want to get complicated with rank bars I point to your signature and say ‘that’s what its for.’

If you want to be Force Sensitive, just type "Yes" next to Force Sensitive on your Character Bio.

Non-Force Users get the cool, useless, splashy tags.

I will forever keep beating Force Users like red headed step-children until ya'll accept that this forum's creator is totally biased to NFUs because of how the Force gets utterly abused and squandered on role-play forums and has completely lost the mystique, wonder and amazement the movies provided it.

Yet I am still enslaved by ya'll when it comes to making pretty Force User rank titles because everyone wants to be one.

cliff_by_fragmented_shadows-d65zl0q.gif

[member="Tefka"]

The suggestion was a "Force-user" tag as Force-sensitive doesn't necessarily mean they use the force or train in it and unless you look at someone's bio you might not even know. BUT if someone does actively use the force they by rules have to have a tag that suggests so under their name.

Again, I see your point. I don't concede mine but that's all I have to say on the matter. Otherwise maybe others will raise new points, if not, then this thread like many others will slowly whither away and new musings and debates will rise in its place.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Faye Terrik"] It just means we don't care for labels anymore. Lol. Ask a Rogue what it means to be a Rogue. We'll just be Rogue about it. :p

Faye Terrik said:
So, I didn't know that 'Rogue' ranks were still a Light-Side title. They sound kinda...sinister, in comparison to the Jedi.
A rogue is someone who is unaffiliated with an order or government, hence why rogues in the medieval era were generally anyone who didn't belong to or align themselves with the established kingdoms/fiefdoms. It has a negative connotation because in that era anyone who was a criminal was also a rogue, as they were by default not with the governments of that era, and were seen in a negative light to keep others from going in that direction. Your meme slightly represents what it would mean to be a rogue force user, I suppose.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] Be a Rogue. It's like being Gray, but with less religion. And if anybody asks? You can be Rogue about it too. :p

I remember a time in KOTOR when T3 charged the invulnerable Tusken Raider base defences and died and I couldn’t do anything, I couldn’t leave the area because one must ‘gather your party before venturing forth’ and I couldn’t revive the little jerk because of said turrets.

Had to reload a previous save and redo like an hour of play. :(

@Tefka

I'm way late, but i haven't checked my tags on this for a while.

Tefka said:
If you're a 700 year apprentice, you really screwed the pooch on your first 7 centuries.
And I guess that's a way of saying it. Back story is basically I was a great force warrior... then my species was slaughtered and I kinda lost connection. That and I don't want to relearn it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom