Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Another Journey, Another Student

Kazsk walked down the halls of the Silver Rest, the home of the Silver Jedi Order.

It had been 3 months since Kazsk had been back on Kashyyyk. After fighting in the Bryn Invasion, the savage assault had subsided, for now, and Kazsk returned to the temple to begin another chapter of his Jedi career.

His first Padawan had trained under him briefly before deciding to leave the order. It was ultimately something personal and they need to leave the Jedi to deal with it. However, even though he respected his student's decision, he now needed a new student. When he returned from the war, he was determined to teach another Padawan, and train them into the best version of a Jedi they could become.

The Masters in charge of Jedi Training listed a few notable candidates for him to take under his wing. However, one of the lesser-known selections caught his eye. The Padawan was older than most at the Temple, had experience, had already trained under a Jedi, and was hopefully eager to complete his training. Kazsk asked to be assigned to this Padawan, and the Masters granted his request.

Kazsk now entered the empty training courtyard where his future Padawan was told he was to meet his new master. Kazsk sat down and began to meditate and waited for the Padawan to arrive. When he did, he would introduce himself and their journey as Master and Apprentice would officially begin.

Mavar Mavar

The tragic events that happened two months ago made Mavar a stronger Jedi. With more focus than ever, he was finally ready to start training again. However, the odds of finding a new Master were highly low because of his past. If there were a Jedi capable of choosing him as a new Padawan, it should be very confident of himself to take a trained Jedi under his ward. The Jedi Council themselves told Mavar that it would be a difficult task to find someone like that, but that they would do whatever they could to not let him down. Lucky for him, it wasn't long till a Jedi Knight requested training Mavar, surprisingly for him.​

The messenger that delivered the news caught Mavar going to the meditation chamber to fulfill his morning routine. Mavar was walking with calm, and he sensed that someone was approaching him, so he stopped and slightly turned his head to where he felt the presence.

"Good morning. I assume you might have something to tell me, sir?", he put a smile on his face and his hands behind his back.

"Indeed I am. The Jedi Council ordered me to deliver a message, young Padawan." he stood in front of him, causing Mavar to turn his head to the front. "You have been assigned a new Master, and he requested to see you as soon as possible."

"A new Master, you say?"
the news overwhelmed Mavar. His hand went to his chin, slowly. He couldn't be more curious. "Thank you for delivering the message, sir. Where and when might I be able to meet him?"

"In fact... Right away. He is waiting for you in the training courtyard. I guess you know where it is?"

"I do. Thank you again, sir. I'll be on my way then. Have a nice day."
Mavar bowed his head slightly to the messenger and then he focused on the path he should take to arrive at his destination, leaving him behind.

It didn't take long for the boy to arrive. He sensed a very strong and calm presence there, guessing that it might be his new Master. The Padawan approached the presence calmly. The Light Side was strong with him, that was clear to the boy.

"You must be my new Master." he kneeled in front on him, at a certain distance. "It's a great honor to meet you. My name is Mavar." he bowed his head a little, while maintaining his body straight.

Kazsk kept his meditation intact as the Padawan approached. The boy was not a boy. The Padawan was a young man, clearly matured to a certain point and seemed to be relatively confident in himself. At first thought, he seemed like the most experienced student he could have chosen.

The Padawan approached with Kazsk still in meditation, now fully aware of the young man walking towards him. The Padawan soon stopped as he got closer, maintaining a reasonable distance.

The young Jedi now spoke. He briefly said something and then knelt before the Jedi Knight. Kazsk could feel the respect and deference the Padawan was already bearing.

Kazsk now opened his eyes, completing his meditation for now. He immediately saw a young man, no older than 20, before him knelt on his knee. He was fairly tall and had a regular to above average build. But what intrigued Kazsk was the cloth over the Padawan's eyes. When Kazsk sensed no shame over his eyesight, he realized exactly what he was. A Miraluka.

The Miraluka were an entire species of force sensitives that are born with no psychical eyes. Since so, the Miraluka are all born with the ability of
Force Sight. They cannot percieve colors, but almost everything else is visible to them. This has enhanced their reflexes immensely.

Kazsk now stood up from his seated meditation position and straightened his posture once completely standing. He looked over the young man one more time with intrigue and then smiled at his new apprentice.

The Padawan still was knelt before him and after introducing himself, he bowed his head slightly. Kazsk now spoke.

"I am your new Master". "It is an honor to meet you Mavar, I am Kazsk Morno, Jedi Knight". He paused and then began again.

"Rise, Padawan", he said softly as he gestured with his hand for the young man to rise to his feet.

Once they were both standing, Kazsk kept his posture and began to speak again.

"First off, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your previous master". "I didn't know Master Slatimm well, but he seemed like a good man". Kazsk had met the late Jedi Master a few times, he seemed insightful and caring to what Kazsk could make out.

"The Masters have told me of your difficulties". "And that you have seemed to emerge stronger than you were before". "This has impressed me". "But your journey is only just beginning Padawan".

Kazsk began to relax himself, both of his posture and demeanor.

"Well, I'll spare all the belligerent bleating about the Jedi Code and distinct rules as I am sure Master Slatimm taught you all the basics". "However, you should always remember what binds us as Jedi and what we stand for".

"To be a Jedi is more than the responsibility, though that is very important". "It's more than the mastery of Jedi Martial Arts and the ability to use the force, though those are extremely important as well". "In the end apprentice, to be a Jedi is to be a beacon of light within a vast sea of darkness". "My master once told me, "We are the Watchers, we are the Guardians, we are the Shield that guards the galaxy against those who wish it harm". "To be a Jedi my Padawan, is to be a symbol". "A symbol of which others can rally behind and follow". A symbol of which people will view as one of protection and safety". "A symbol of hope". He paused to give the Padawan time to think then resumed.

"That is what it means to be a Jedi". "Do you understand Mavar?".

After letting his Padawan answer, he would continue on.

"Now, since your basic Jedi training is essentially complete, I think an improvised approach to your training is the best course of action". "As you might not know, I am a
Jedi Sentinel".

"Jedi Sentinels take a more grounded approach then the Guardians and Consulars". "Temple life doesn't really suit us, instead we prefer to be in the field geared with a more practical focus". Kazsk wished to get this show in the road, literally, so he would instruct the Padawan to walk with him as they headed towards the inside of the Silver Rest and towards the landing platforms.

"Come Padawan, I will tell you more on the way, but let us begin our journey as master and student, shall we?". Kazsk finished with a calming grin as he began to walk with his Padawan following close at his side.

As they entered the doors back into the inside of the temple, they turned left down a long corridor and kept on their path, walking at a slow pace. Kazsk wished to continue on Jedi Sentinel discussion but gave some nonverbal psychical expressions to allow his new Padawan to ask any questions if he had any.

So far, Kazsk was impressed by the Miralukan Padawan, but he wanted to see some personality out of him. Though he hadn't given the young man much chance. However, he would now.

Mavar Mavar

The Jedi Knight introduced himself once he was on his feet, and encouraged the young man to stand, too. Mavar stood up and started focusing in what Master Morno had to say to him. He talked briefly about the tragic events that had occurred in the past months. Hearing about Master Slattimm caused a bit of a struggle in Mavar's mind, but he managed to stay focus and calm as always. Master Morno seemed quite impressed by how the young man overcame all that pain, as it wasn't easy for him to stay in the Light Side. He could've succumbed to the darkness.

His Master started telling him about what bounded all the Jedi together and what they stood for in the galaxy. First time Mavar met Master Slattimm, he told him something similar. It was always encouraging to hear that kind of words coming from an experienced Jedi. After all that had happened, Jedi will always bring hope to the galaxy. To be a Jedi were deeper than everybody thought. It wasn't only about carrying a lightsaber around and moving objects in the air, as someone would say. Master Morno's inspiring speech brought a slight smile in Mavar's face, as he stopped talking.

"I understand, Master". He didn't go any further on talking, because he knew Master Morno didn't finish yet. And indeed, he didn't. The Jedi Knight explained his role as a Jedi. Mavar heard about it from his old Master, which called himself a Jedi Guardian. Mavar himself didn't know yet what kind of Jedi he wanted to be, but he was still a Padawan in training, therefore there was no hurry thinking about it. However, he wanted to know more about how did Jedi Sentinels operated in a more detailed way.

"My old Master was a Jedi Guardian himself, " he followed Master Morno to wherever he was taking him "but he didn't really tell me about it." He rubbed his chin briefly, and then he turned his head slightly to Master Morno. "I pressume you are going to show me in action how a Jedi Sentinel works, Master. However... I want to know more about it in terms of theory. What do Jedi Sentinels do different from Guardians, for example? And I'm wondering... Is it just a way to name how we operate or is it something more... How can I put it? More like a rank in the Order?"

He was comfortable walking in silence, but he needed to prove the worth of his Master. How far his knowledge could reach? How well he taught his students? That was a series of tests Mavar wanted to do in order to know more about him and his ways.​

Kazsk was impressed by both the questions his new Padawan was asking and in within the context of which he was asking. He almost didn't expect this, but soon realized how advanced Mavar was to most younger Jedi students.

The pair continued to walk at a leisurely pace down the long columns of the Silver Rest.

"Excellent question apprentice". "

Kazsk now looked back at his apprentice, awaiting another response to continue the intriguing conversation as they slowed their pace while making their way down the long hallways of the Silver Rest.

"A Jedi Sentinel is mix of all combined disciplines". "We are the grounded mind of the Jedi". "Guardians are focused on lightsaber combat and protecting the citizens". "Consulars are focused on the mystical aspect of the force and understanding it". "Us Sentinels are a mix of both and a mesh of many other smaller disciplinary principles of the Jedi code".

"In terms of the ranks, they are several subdivisions of the Sentinels, such as Artisans, Investigators, Recruiters, Shadows, and Watchmen".

"Being a Sentinel is about intelligence gathering, computer slicing, technological surveillance, or espionage. Sentinels approach these disciplines from the bottom up, without assuming that the Force will reveal all the answers. When you do this, you'll find there's a great deal the civilians of the galaxy can teach us.".

"And yes you will see in action, what a Sentinel like myself truly does". Kazsk paused and then resumed again as he realized that they had nearly finished their walk through the temple and were nearing the landing platforms where he had something special for his new Padawan.

"Well Mavar, our journey is about to begin". "I had them bring your bags and all your items here", as Kazsk gestured to the several duffle bags and boxes next to the platform entrance door. "If you have everything you need and are ready, I have a gift for you".

He stopped and waiting for the Padawan's response, seeing if he had anymore questions before they departed.

Mavar Mavar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom