Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Unknown Wild Card

Josh would only smile when the man would pull out his blaster. He had expected that reaction, of course. He didn't respond when the man started yelling at him, as he was just waiting for him to fire. And that he did. Holding out a hand, the blaster bolt would stop in mid-air. Josh noted Jerrol and Su leaving, but decided to allow it. With Current perception, while they remained invisible thanks to him, he could also track them within the Current. They would not get far. But as for these guys...

"So, what did you steal from that lot?" He asked calmly, yet firmly. "Because you don't have much time before the authorities arrive, and I might just be inclined to let you run if you tell me everything, quickly... Even after your little stunt."

He would tilt his head to the side as the blaster bolt would begin to move again, whizzing past his head and exploding on contact with a vehicle nearby. "Oh look, you just tipped them off to our exact location. Good for you. Looks like you got a little less time to start talking..."

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

Everything that could have gone wrong for the man did go wrong, and unfortunately for him, it was about to get worse if he does something. “Just a device that my brother owns and gave me permission to use for the event I was hosting.” Quickly answered, “Not against the law, all legal!!” He added quickly looking over the corner and back to the man. “Those guys that are escaping were trying to get a hold of it without playing by the rules!!”

Jerrol and Su were still running away from the area meanwhile. “We need to get to my board.” Jerrol he said taking the lead. “It should still be there.”

“What are we going to do when people find out that you were seen at a place like that?” Su worried, breathing hard from the running she was doing “What about your parents!? “

This question made Jerrol worried about what Su asked and about what he will have to deal with. He was on thin ice about from his “parents” and the board of directors of the company his birth parents created is going to have an actual reason to keep him away from the company. He needed to think of a reason as to why he was there. The second his name is said to the public about what happened on this is the second he going to be on the defense. He took breaths, trying to think this through but couldn't with all that going on at the moment. He knew that the device that transformed him will help, but he just couldn't with what was going on right now.

For now, though, he knew he and Su had to get away from the area because Jerrol knew full well that if he got caught, than his chance of covering up himself from what happen in the hour would be even more difficult.

The Jedi Master would let out an exasperated sigh at the half-assed attempt at an explanation. "Right, right. Shifty, unnamed device. For your clearly illegal event that I already saw was doing illegal things" He remarked with a quirked brow. "You know what I don't like? A liar. And you know what I feel like leaving to the cops? A liar. But as I have another shifty lot to catch up to, well..."

Josh would snap his fingers and a group of armed men, Rangers of the Silver Jedi Order who had arrived on the planet with him and were on standby for when was needed, would begin to surround them. The pager had also brought them there, and good thing it did as well.

"May I introduce to you lot, the Antarian Rangers of the Silver Jedi Order. They'll be holding you here until the police arrive. I wouldn't try attacking them either, they're far more armed than you are... So if you'll excuse me..."

Activating Force Speed, the Jedi Master would begin to glide through the backstreets, using the White Current he'd been using to make them invisible, to track them. At the speed he was going, it wouldn't be long before he found them...

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

Jerrol and Su took a while to get around the officers in the area in order to make sure that headed to Jerrol’s board unnoticed. They were surprised, almost in awe at the number of officers in front of the building from afar. Being near the location where he hid his board gave Jerrol a chance to breath, It makes Jerrol wonder just how much power did the man who called them had. He could tell from the way he handled his lightsaber, deflecting the bolts, taking out each of the man’s bodyguards, it didn’t take a genius to know that that man was trained.

While he was mad at the man for calling the officers on him, he was also interested in him. His natural instinct told him to get the board and leave the place but he felt something…something inside him that let him know the person was coming to him and that leaving the area is only going to postpones the inevitable. That feeling that was lurking inside him made Jerrol realize that he was going to have to tell the man the truth. He didn’t know why he was getting this feeling, only that he felt it just recently.

“Ok…. Were….. here.” Su said finally making it to the board with Jerrol while taking deep breaths in between each word she said . “We need to get going now!”

“I’m staying Su” Was Jerrol response. This made Su stop in place, attempting to fully understand what Jerrol said. She turned around to face the man, who already knew what was going through her mind. “You heard me right…”

“What the Hell Jerrol!!!” She screamed, “Are you serious!”

“I am.” He answered those two words caused her to tremble at the thought of what could happen to Jerrol. Both don’t know anything about the man and didn’t want to take the risk. “What changed Jerrol?” Su asked not looking at Jerrol and instead thinking about what could go wrong. “ Why stay?” She knew the answer but she wanted to hear it from Jerrol just to be sure.

“Because I think the guy can help me.” He answered in a genuinely clam tone. He walked up to Su and touch her shoulders causing her to look at him “I understand how you feel Su. But I think I can trust him..and that I have a feeling that he’ll find us,” He then added,“I’ll take the fall if anything bad happens. So just get out of here ok?”

“No….” She silently said, “I’m staying. Just to make sure everything goes well.” She knew she couldn’t do anything serious enough for them to get away safely from the man since she was also there when the man fought the guards and knew that he was trained. But she needed to hear those words herself in order to make herself feel better.

Jerrol only response to her words was a nod to her. He turned to his board, grabbed it and put it down on the ground toward the other end of the alleyway, activating it after pressing a few buttons. The board soon began to float and after a few seconds, Jerrol put his foot on the center of his board. Su Soon got on it fully as they both waited for the Jedi to come.

Josh knew that odds are if he didn’t hurry, they may get on a ship or something and get away. He needed to get the full story from them, so he couldn’t exactly let them leave, not just yet. While the Rangers were handling the criminals and investigating the crime scene, it was Josh’s job to deal with any loose ends.

As Josh noticed them, he would quickly use the White Current to cloak himself, which meant that the other two were now no longer cloaked. Though they didn’t seem to notice that the other was no longer invisible, as he would listen to them speak. Just as they stepped on the board, he would uncloak himself as well and step forward.

“And just what sort of help are you looking for?”

Josh would take a deep breath, looking at the board, and then back to them.

“I suppose introductions are in order. I am Josh DragonsFlame. Master of the Silver Jedi Order.”

And interim leader so to speak, with Jyoti out... Not that he put much word to that. He was just doing his job, even if that meant taking over someone else’s duties as well.

“And who are you two, then?”

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

The pair's anxiety grew stronger with passing second as they waited for the man to come to their location in the alleyway. Jerrol and Su tried their best to look and stay brave, but it was become more apparent that it wasn't going to happen while they thought about what could go wrong with the next conversation with the mystery man. The last thing both nautolans wanted to do was to take a chance out of nowhere in order to make thing go their way and it just happen with Jerrol's decision to stay here. Su trusted Jerrol's choice but that didn't mean he question it; She grab a hold of one of his hand, in response to the growing tension that was around them. Jerrol turned to her and smile in response the best he could given with the thoughts that were going through his head.

Not only were his and Su plan's and preparations were in vain in his eyes, but he was spotted here at one of the more well known underground areas on the planet. Even through he didn't do much, just went into a building, waited for a few seconds in the lobby and went to the restroom, there was no question that he would have to contend with the press, and people in the company coming down on him. He knew he had a fighting chance of getting out of this mess since there was little evidence of him being seen there thanks to his device to make him look different, but he knew he was on thin ice as it is and would have to think hard in order to come up with a good cover story.

And that not even taking the consideration of Su being involved. He knew that a lot of people will want answer and he going to have to give it to them.

The tension and anxiety show reached to new levels once the man had arrived. Their focus and attention where all on him as they waited for him to speak. It was clear to them that he wanted to know what they were doing there and what they were going to do if he didn't called the officers. Jerrol quickly thought of a few things to tell him with each of them having a few holes in them. Jerrol soon spoke up once the man asked him a question after he introduce himself

"Alright..." He started, taking a deep breath and trying to find out where to start his explanation at. "I'm a person who parents build a company...." He started, "And I need to get it back. The person behind me is a friend and was trying to out in my problem." He decided to tell him the truth or at least some of it. " There was something that was mine that was being put up as a prize in an event and I was trying to win it back while also trying to find information on the people in the same company my parents build that sold it in the first place." He then said in an annoyed tone " Until you ruined it thank you very much."

He stopped taking to the man.Waiting to see what he had to say in response to the explanation Jerrol gave him.

"Well, the place doesn't seem like it'll be giving you any trouble considering it's members just scattered and it's leaders are presently being arrested" The Jedi would respond calmly, giving a casual shrug in response. "I don't think anyone's going to stop you from taking what you're owed. Just make sure I don't catch you stealing later, I'm trusting you on this to be telling me the truth" He warned, his gaze piercing square into his. It was a clear sign that if he was proven wrong about the man telling the truth, then Josh would not be so gentle next time, and it would be Jerrol who would be the one going to jail.

With that, he shrugged again and would turn to make preparations to hop off and continue on his way. "But if you want something more than this, feuding with crime bosses and stealing things, well... The Silver Jedi Order could always use another pair of hands. Force User or not, there's always a role for someone if they want something more in this life, and think helping people might be worth it."

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"]

Upon being given the warning by the Jedi along with his glare staring into his eyes, Jerrol gut tighten. He knew what it meant that didn't like it and made it known my staring back at him in a serious glance."Hate to break it to you. But the guy you help got arrested, he probably going to get out due the connections his brother has." He then added "Him going down, isn't going to do anything serious at help getting my company back." He cursed moving his eyes away from the man, thinking about his company and the work his parents put into it. Su just stood behind Jerrol looking at him and the Jedi in between times.

He wasn't looking at the man when he talked about the SJO but he heard his words, " I mean to be rude or whatever, but this order you talk about doesn't help me get control of my parent's company, then I don't care." He though more about the situation he was in and the consequences of tonight. He knew that his foster parents of going to know eventually and he wasn't looking forward to it.

Su on other hand look at Jerrol then back at the man and asked "Who are you anyway?"

Ah, questions. He should have been prepared for questions. Stopping his departure, the Jedi would stretch out a moment before - knowing this would probably take awhile - make himself comfortable as he would sit down toward the edge of the vehicle with his back against the wall. One arm behind his head, he would casually pull out his communicator. "Ranger Corps, this is Master Dragonsflame. Boyo here says that our recent arrest has connections... Do you might checking the scene of the crime for footage, anything you can find? Anything to make sure he isn't getting out. If you find adequate proof that would put him away and he still does... Take him and his lot into our own custody. But only if you can prove it."

With that, he would look back toward the other two with a casual shrug. "Anything else?" He asked, having answered both questions rather quickly. "Just call me Josh."

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

Jerrol quickly engrave the man name into his mind the second he told the two. " Josh huh...." Jerrol first spoken words after learning the man name. Saying the words while taking it in. "Pretty basic name for someone with skills... like.. yours....." Jerrol slowed down midway though as thoughts quickly went through Jerrol mind the second he said the last part of his sentence. Su looked confused at first before her face popped up, an sign of her knowing what Jerrol was thinking.

While she consider grabbing him and asking the man to give them some time of privacy, she instead said " Forgive me for asking personal questions about you but WHO are you,WERE did you come from and why did you going into business that not yours?

Questions, questions. There was always more questions. He supposed he asked for more questions, but geez, more questions. The blonde would turn his head back to the two of them as the other would bombard him with questions. Geez, way to take advantage of the offer. He chewed on his lip a moment as he pondered how to best answer their questions before he appeared to find the answer he was looking for.

"I think I made that very clear when I recommended the both of you to the Silver Jedi Order" He pointed out bluntly, but shrugged his shoulders as he decided to humor them anyway. "Let's just say that I'm interested in dealing with the criminal element here. And my instincts for finding trouble are usually pretty good. You two are also really really loud and don't know how to keep secrets very well. You were so shifty that I tailed the two of you easily to where I found - oh, who would have guessed? Trouble. And so I've had criminals placed into custody, and either I did the right thing or I aided another criminal that I'll also need to put away...."

He looked toward them pointedly. "Please don't do that second option. Too much paperwork to deal with after."

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

"The place your telling me...." Jerrol started, a look of deliberation in his eyes along with hesitation in the tone of his voice "....could it help me get my father's company back?" He finished. At first he waited for an answer but Su quickly grabbed him and turned to the Jedi " Please give us a moment.." She quickly took Jerrol a few feet away from Josh to speak with him in private "I know what your thinking Jerrol and I'm not for you going with this guy."

"Su..." He shown a frown on his face. " I think this Silver Jedi Order can help me. I do have a connection to the force and I could learn more fro--"

"Listen to me Jerrol" She interpreted raise her voice slightly, making sure that the Jedi didn't hear her. " We don't truly know this guy, for all we know he could be another gang member acting like some good person just to kidnap and ransom you for credits. Heck his other members could had been the people we seen earlier. Jeroll.... don't do this."

"I know that Su!" He yelled " But I can't let my father's company be in the hands of someone who goes against what my father stood for. I know I'm going to have some form of control over it but....." He stopped, not wanting to face the facts that the other members of the board will do whatever it takes to get him out of there.

Jeroll raise his voiced so that Josh could hear him and asked the following question, " Will you give me time to think about what your offering me Josh?" He

With how hasty their whole exchange was, and Josh couldn't blame them considering the panic, he heard all. He'd calmed his breathing to subtly muffle any sounds from himself so he could listen better, and what he found presented an issue that he knew he would need to get past. But eventually the duo would stop and return, and the man would ask for some time to think about his offer. The fact the man was Force Sensitive interested him. Though if the Silver Jedi could help him get his company back was another matter. That was a question Josh could not answer. While he was part of their leadership... The business side was not something he handled often. The talking, the politics... It just wasn't for him.

"Of course" He spoke when asked about giving time. But there was the matter of proving he was who he said he was... Flicking his wrist, a large rock would fly from the ground below into the ship and crash into the wall, the rock shattering on impact.

"Whoops, my Force finger slipped."

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

Jerrol watched closely as he and Su watched Josh used the force to move the small rock. "I figured as much.." Were the first words he said after his realization of something important. "My mother had what you have and guess what?" Jerrol looks at another rock and moves his hand toward it. After a moving his hand for a moment, the rock moves to the same direction the rock went. " I got this "force" as well." He admitted. " I know a bit about the Jedi. Protectors of the innocent and peace makers. Now to let you know, I have no intentions of becoming a Jedi like you, but that doesn't mean I won't make some sort of compromise with you or your origination and help keep the peace." He then continued. " Let me get your contact information and some time so I can make my choice."

Su stayed silent throughout Jerrol speaking as thoughts were going thought her mind. Thoughts that dealt with the worse case situation that she didn't like. " What exactly would he be doing if he chooses to go?" She asked.

"Peacekeepers. We're not dictators, just protect the peace" He corrected bluntly. He had figured buddy here had some experience with the Force, it was kind of obvious. So this wasn't a shock to him at all as the rock flew by him. He said he didn't intend to become a Jedi and he just shrugged. They all said that, really, and then they stuck around when they realized that could use their abilities for something better than just screwing around. Either way, he wrote something down and handed it to him.

With that, he rose to his feet.

"Something to keep in mind. People who have these sorts of things, but don't use them responsibly to protect people... When chit happens, who's really to blame? Keep that in mind no matter what your choice is, and it will guide you."

Before he left though, his girlfriend asked him a question.

"Nothing he'll like" He responded. "Training with the Jedi is no walk in the park. And I don't go easy on my pupils. We're training to fight monsters, not training to cheat in space darts."

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor

"Yeah...like I haven't heard something like that before...." Jerrol muttered to himself in response to Josh talking about the training and the difficulties of it. "Look, I can't just walk up and leave this planet like that." He started " This planet is home to the company that my loved ones built. I'm not giving it up."

"And I can't stay, now that I've arrested the ones I came for" He remarked calmly as the attitude problem child would speak up. He shrugged his shoulders. "I own a business as well with my partner, we delegate where needed and make sure our affairs are in order when we're not in the area to handle them. If you can settle your affairs before I leave, I'll escort you myself. Otherwise, feel free to use the information I've given you on that slip to get to where you can be taught when you're ready. Whether that's tomorrow, next week or next year. That's up to you."

Josh wasn't going to force him. He was fine to leave the decision up to him, for if and when. With that, he got up and looked down to the edge of the vehicle.

"I've also enclosed some credits to fund the trip there, whenever you feel ready."

Jerrol Bastu Jerrol Bastu

"Cool. Have a good one."

It was quite casual, almost too casual for a Jedi Master. Either way, Josh signaled farewell before casually stepping off the vehicle. With the White Current activated, as well as Force Flight, he disappeared into the night without another word.

Jerrol Bastu Jerrol Bastu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom