Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Unknown Wild Card

He was running out of time. He wouldn't be able to hold the Current much longer, and he wouldn't be able to keep this going long enough to find out what this dude was after. He needed to get creative. Quickly forming a plan, Josh would wait until Jerrol had moved into the washroom. Once he did, he would find a place to hide nearby. Finally dropping the Current, he would pull out his datapad amongst deep breaths, and quickly send a message off to the planet's local law enforcement with an anonymous tip about suspicions of racing and other illegal activity in the location he was giving coordinates for.

With the message sent off, Josh would grin wickledly as he would sit and wait while he recovered his stamina. No doubt law enforcement would be in shortly, and either this guy would make a move amongst the commotion to give Josh a proper confessional and tell-all to his plans, or at the least the whole lot here wouldn't be holding illegal races for a little while.

He relaxed for a bit, waiting for the man he was tailing to come out while he would hide behind the tapestry. Should someone come close enough, or he could sense someone approaching, he would disappear again. But he hoped that it wouldn't be necessary until the man had come out and he could continue to tail him.

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

Going inside the restroom Jerrol saw a droid standing between a mirror and the door entrance. He a give lukewarm smile to the droid making sure it suspects anything from him. Although it was a droid, Jerrol was very certain it had a camera installed and was connect to the severs in a room inside the building. That was part of his plan. He walked inside the restroom in a barely above average pace since he was in a hurry but didn’t want the droid to record him doing anything that would tip off suspicion. He looked at each of the stalls, checking if anyone inside. He notices one person inside one of the stalls from the gap in the doorway but ignored that person and selected one of the other stalls, going inside and locking the door. He chose one that was far away from the droid, so it didn’t see what he was doing.

“Time for a break. Jerrol whispered, pushing a button on his wrist, deactivating the device that is causing his disuse. He transforms His normal appearance is seen, gone from his human disuse he been using for a while. He checks his arms to see if he really was himself then took some deep breaths. He reminded himself of what was at stake. The company that was his parent was now his, his parents wanted that way, and he wasn’t going to let any tech go into criminal’s hands and be used by them. One of the criminals that was running the event had something from his company and Jerrol intends on taking it back.

“Ok…” He looked at the power supply on his device and intended to rest the power source for a few minutes “Need you to keep it together now….” He said to the battery, but he subconsciously told himself that. He hated feeling like this and promise himself to never let anyone see him this stressful or in bad shape.

As for Josh, he decided to wait. It wasn't long before he would be able to hear sirens outside, and hear law enforcement enter the establishment. He could hear the sounds of yelling from the other rooms, as he would relax back, hidden behind the curtain while he rested and regained his strength. Josh would relax back with his arms behind his head, eyes closed as he would listen to the sounds around him, using his senses to be able to tell if anyone came near. He didn't need his eyes right now, so he could rest them. Every bit of strength helped.

He could hear the sounds of a raid being conducted. The law enforcement on this planet took this kind of thing seriously, he noted as his eyes would slowly open and he peered out to look toward the entrance to the washroom again, curious as to if his target would exit and try to make his move amongst the chaos.

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

The sounds of sirens didn't catch Jerrol attention due to him focused on regaining his composure but when he heard the sirens he quickly got up from his seat and immediately stress out. "What the hell!?" He said as quickly as he got out of the stall he was in. He didn't believe the sirens were real and didn't want to believe that law enforcement was here but the more Jerrol heard the sirens, the more he believed they were here and the more he believed the law enforcement was here the more stress he became. He didn't see the droid that was inside the washroom and assumed it left while he was deep in thoughts.

"How..." he didn't finish his sentence as another thought came in his head. "SU!!" He ran outside the washroom and headed over to the room Su was in. He had seen a map of the building before coming there and tried his best to remember the room Su is in but stopped in his tracks when he heads law officers from the corner. He knew Su was around that corner and feared that she was caught and arrested. He put his back to the wall and peeked around the corner to see law officers. " Su.." he said trembling over the thought that she was arrested.

"Jerrol!!" He heard his name called and saw Su stick her head out from another corner. "Come on!!" relief hit Jerrol faster then a ton of bricks and ran toward Su and hugged her. "You worried the hell outta me," Jerrol said letting go of her a few seconds later.

"Likewise, let's get out of here." She said as the two went the opposite direction

He did his best to sense the presence of the man that he was tailing. Though to his surprise, he would burst out of the washroom and cry out someone's name. Quickly activating the Current again, the Jedi was grateful for the respite to regain his stamina as he would begin to give pursuit, ensuring that he paced himself so the White Current didn't drain his energy too quickly if he strained himself too much while using it. It's why he didn't fight using the Current, it was too draining to exert energy while under it's effects. It was an energy sucker if you tired, and you would be very quickly unable to do much.

The man he was tailing would reunite with their comrade, and Josh quirked a brow as they mentioned getting out of here. It was clear they had been up to something, but it appeared they were now abandoning it. He considered leaving now, just to let the authorities go to work, but... He decided to follow just a little longer. Just a little bit longer, then he would go if it was clear he would not be catching them in the act.

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

"You wanna tell me how the officers find out about this place?" Su asked running alongside Jerrol in the building "Haven't got a clue Su." Was Jerrol answer "But I have no plans on getting spotted and I'm sure you don't want to get spotted as well so let's head to the exit." He added, turning a corner away from the sounds of the raiding happening behind them.

"I can't believe this!!!" The two stopped in their tracks when they heard a voice. Jerrol hugged a wall near him with Su following suit. Walking slowly to the corner, Jerrol peak his head out to see a group of people, four to be exact. One of them catches Jerrol eye and soon his interest increased.
" That's...." His voice drifted confusing Su until she peaks her head and notices the group along with the person that caught Jerrol eye. "It him Jerrol!!"

"I know!!" Jerrol replied, "And I'm getting my answers."

Just as Josh was beginning to turn to leave, the answer would come. Someone that they were looking for, someone that they were looking for answers from. Perhaps it was about some sort of treasure they were after? Or someone that they intended to harm? Josh had tried to leave twice now, but this tale continued to pull the Jedi in, and he knew that if he wasn't careful and didn't remain persistent, than he would likely risk the life of someone. It was best to at least see this through, considering the time put in.

As he would stay behind the lot, he knew that he couldn't hold this form forever. He had been allowed some respite, yes, but he didn't know much much longer he could deal with extended exposure to the Current. He needed a larger break. Hopefully this would not take much longer.

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

Upon finishing his sentence Jerrol felt a hand on his shoulder but didn't turn around. He immediately knew who was touching his shoulder and what it meant. "Don't stop me Su. That guy got MY answers and I WILL get them one way or the other. " He ordered her in a silent but serious toned voice as he watched the group. Su stood behind him with a concerned look of worry and sympathy for her friend. "We can't go after that guy, not right now." She explained. " We need to escape from here and you can't afford to...."

"Get my company back Su!?" He interrupted and finished the sentence. "The company my parents build! We worked too hard to get this lead Su!"

"Jerrol.." She felt she couldn't say anything else after looking at him and seeing the distress on his face. " You better turn that device back on before anyone sees you. " She suggested. After a few seconds, Jerrol looks at his device and press a few buttons on it thus activating it. His appearance once again changes to the human he previously took before. "We should at least follow them." Su said, "I'm guessing they probably know a way out of here." She added, " If we fight them than the officers are sure to find us."

"Let's just get going." Jerrol replied in a defeated tone as he followed the group with Su following him a few seconds later.

The story had taken an unexpected turn. What Josh had thought to be a petty criminal trying to go big appeared to have been pursuing someone that had taken something from him and his family. It was a curious story, that, and Josh listened intently from behind the Current. He would make a note of the man's new form, in order to ensure he could track him proper, as he followed behind.

He had a good idea of what he needed to do now. The question was, what was he going to do? Suppose one was just going to have to wait and see in order to find out.

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

He just couldn't believe it. Or better yet didn't think the officers would just bust right in the area like that. Who did they think they are coming in here and interrupt the event he planned all that time. Smoking on a death stick, the man walked down the hallway with his bodyguards with the intention of getting into his ship and escaping. He didn't care about the other people with the exception of the one who contacted the local officers and he didn't care about his well being but wanting to take him to his "playhouse" as he calls it.

"Sir, your is right outside and ready to go." One of his bodyguards said. This cause the man to smirk, "It better be. My brother paid too much money for you guys." He exhales causing the smoke from the death sticks to come out. " I can't believe this..."

Unbeknownst to him where Jerrol and Su, whose were following him making sure they keep a reasonable distance from them which was easier said than done for them. One of the bodyguards would turn around to make sure no one was following them and kept doing so much that the two nearly got paranoid from it. Still, they followed them hoping to leave the building safely.

And behind them was the Jedi Master, still cloaked. Though even he was getting a bit impatient. For what felt like hours, he had tailed them, and only taken a break once. It was straining his capabilities with the Current to the absolute limits to pull this off, for what was likely a minor outing, and yet... It seemed to be soon reaching it's conclusion. He listened into the conversations the best that he could, constantly wondering whether this was going to have a payoff, or if he was following a paper trail.

What exactly had been stolen and what were they doing to get it back? He supposed he could drop out of the Current and interrogate this Jerrol fellow. But their problem-makers might get away, and he might just lie to him anyway. It was better to have undeniable proof.

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

Jerrol and Su stopped behind a corner once the group they're were following stopped as well. Peeking around the corner, they spot one of the guards sliding a keycard on a electric lock next to a door. The lock reacts to the keycard and seconds later the door opens showing the outside streets of the city. " Finally, away from the officers..." The man said with relief only for the relief to be turned into anger " Someone mind telling me who the hell called the officers!!" He yelled at his bodyguards "Dammit all I wanted was some entertainment and this happens!!!" He added while hastily heading outside the building.The rest of the bodyguards follow suit and soon the whole group is now outside.

Su and Jerrol watch the group leave the building and as they do Jerrol thinks about the item that the man has and why he came to the place in the first place. He didn't want to leave without getting the information he wanted. Coming out of the corner, Jerrol heads to the outside while the group is still there. A stocked Su comes out of the corners and grabs on Jerrol's arm" What do you think you're doing!? They haven't left yet we can't go outside yet." She whispered

"I know Su!" He said, his face focused on the group "But I have a plan on getting us the information we need. Just trust me."

Josh was ready to make his presence known. He had about enough evidence to know that shady dealings were being done here. The party, he wasn't sure of. But he did know that he was dealing with a crime ring here, and it seemed that this lot was trying to get something back from the crime ring. What they were looking for, he wasn't sure. Perhaps the item itself didn't matter. But Josh was tired of sitting around in stealth and doing nothing, and his energy was beginning to wane.

But as one of the two would bring up a plan, he decided to wait just a tiny bit longer. Just enough to hear it out. Then he would make his move.

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

"That will NEVER work Jerrol." Were the words that were said by Su after she was told Jerrol plan.

"It will." He replied "We just need to..."

"Jerrol....think about the current situation were in Jerrol." She said" We can't risk it. We try again another time" He took a second for Jerrol but he soon clench his fist in defeat. "Fine." He relented looking away from Su as he said this.

The man didn't wan to leave this place and he certainly didn't want the officers here. The man knew he was going to get a talking from his brother over this once he seen him and he was not looking forward to it. He already knew what he was going to say but it wasn't going to matter in the end. He told his brother everything was going to be fine and that he was just going to use it to entertain himself by having hosting a competition . His brother didn't want to have any of it but he soon relented and allowed him to use the building with a stern warning.

The building itself was housed to a few illegal items that the officers will no doubt find. Granted, the illegal items aren't bad enough to put anyone away for a long time it was still going to caused some trouble for the man and his brother. He wish the person that was the cause of all this would just come out of of the door..

“DON'T YOU MOVE!!!” Those words caused the man to look over at the guard who was watching the doorway aim his blaster pistol over to Su and Jerrol in human disguise.

“We're just trying to get out!!We're just trying to get out!!!”,Jerrol said in quick loud tone. As he and Su putted their hands in the air in order to show the others they were not armed. Jerrol took quick glances of each of the guards that were outside but mostly stared at the blaster pistol pointed at him. He now knew that he was at the point of no return from here and hoped everything go well

The man in response just shook his head. He thought it was a group the officers that came out when he saw once of his guard pull out his blaster. The last thing he wanted to deal with is some nobody's.

"Let them go.”he said to the guard pointing his blaster who in turn put his blaster down. The pair ran past the aforementioned guard cautiously, not wanting to make them think they were trying something they didn't liked and soon went outside. There, they were greeted to more guards who acted as a wall between them and the man. "You guys are so lucky that I don't have time to deal with this." He started. "Leave." He ordered

"Thank you." Were the words said by Su. As they both walked past the group the two heard something they didn't wanted to hear.

"JERROL BASTU!!"

Both of the two were shocked and confused. How did they know that Jerrol was here? It wasn't until Su looked over at him when she realized a horrible discovery. "Jerrol your disguise!!"

Jerrol looked at his arms to see that he is not in his human disguise. "What the..." He quickly looked over at his device and saw it deactivate. " Out of energy." He whispered.

"I should had know you would be here and I should had know you would call the officers." The man's guards pull out there blasters and point their at the pair.

Jerrol cursed himself. He thought the device's power would last long enough for him to finish the plan. Now the man knew he was here which made things more difficult for him and Su. "Okay it me." Jerrol admitted. "But you know you or your guards can't risk shooting me." He calmed " And you know why."

"Have I care about that right now." He said, "My brother warn you multiple times not to get involved but it looks like I'll have to deal with you personally now." He grabbed out his own pistol and pointed it to Jerrol. "Get in the ship. Now."

CRACK.

One guard went down. At first, he had mistaken them for officers, but when he realized that the folks around were part of a private criminal security team, then all bets were off. Josh would drop out of the Current a moment before he'd struck the back of the neck of one guard before disappearing again. Before long, another fell, and another, and another, and another. By the time that someone would realize that someone else was here, then Josh had already taken out a good deal of the people aiming blasters at this Jerrol chap.

And finally, Josh would appear to all.

"I can't stand an unfair fight, you see" Josh would remark, shooting a grin in turn. "But at the same time... I've decided that I have a few questions for each and every single one of you. No matter what side anyone here is on."

He drew his lightsaber then, the blue blade humming as he spun it between his fingers.

"I'm taking each one of you in for questioning on this situation... Refuse... Well, I don't think you want to say no after what I just did. While your friends aren't dead, I can't guarantee your safety if you attack me. Not that you'd want to... The police will find you quickly if you do. But I can fight back and disappear again, that's no problem. You? You don't have the luxury. You don't cooperate, you go to prison - if you survive."

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

It all came so fast for both Su and Jerrol on what happened next. Jerrol was the first one to recognize what had happened and soon Su a few seconds later. Nobody knew who this person is but they all saw the lightsaber that was humming blue and they all knew not to touch it. The rest of the guards soon points their own blaster pistol at the man, preparing to fire on the man word.

Upon hearing the man words the man couldn't help but asks, " And just who the heck are you. They're bodyguard?" He soon adds, "As far as I can see you're no officer so I don't have you tell a thing. Now because the officers are closing in on me, I'm going to let what you did to my guy slide so go back to whichever you came from.

Jerrol on the other hand was grateful to have something distract the guy as he could come up with a way to get out of this. The man wasn't the only one who didn't want to answer some questions. A small part of him wonder who this guy was but the sounds of the sirens and what was going on around made him focus on other things.

The leader of this group of thugs spoke out and claimed he didn't have to tell him a thing, asking who he was. He simply smiled, before looking the man dead in the eyes.

"I'm the man who can turn your brain into mush permanently if you don't cooperate."

Was he bluffing? Who knows? But it might not be wise to try and find out considering what the man had shown already. Pointing his lightsaber toward Jerrol then, he would look him over with a curious eye before asking his question.

"What did they steal of yours?" He asked. "Make it quick, before the police arrive. If they do, I'm aiding in your arrest. Cooperate... And I might consider leaving before they do and giving you some time."

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

Jerrol gazed over to the man holding the blue lightsaber and was quickly caught off guard by his question. He gave a confused look toward the man asking himself how he knew about why he was here. Hearing the man willing to give him aid made him worried about his character and question if he could trust in him. Could he really give him time to leave before the officers arrive?

Meanwhile, The threat that the man holding the lightsaber did not go well with the other one. He was about to give the order to attack and end him but he knew full well that wasting any more time would mean the officers would be here soon. He knew he couldn't afford to waste anymore time. " All I was doing was hosting an event here in this building." He answered. Not giving anymore information about himself. "But these two here called the authorities on me and now here we are."

"We didn't do that!" Su said immediately after the man answer, "Someone else did, NOT US!!"

The man groaned in response, " Ok, you don't know what going on but those two can't be trusted."

"Listen!!" Jerrol soon spoke up, " I created something and..." He stopped for a moment, trying to gather the words and thinking of a way to explain it to the man but to no use. " Look it's complicated ok but I can't afford to have the officers see me or her here. Help me out of here and I'll talk ok?" He hated this, comprising with a stranger but he had no choice.

"I did" Josh would nip the argument in the bud immediately. "I've been tailing you" He spoke toward Jerrol. "The entire time. I know you were infiltrating his establishment to find something you feel was stolen from you. And you..." He trailed off toward the crime boss. "I already know what kind of operation you were running. I saw it all. And you left evidence all over the place when you ran. No doubt the law's already found it, and are already searching the area for folks like you. All I really have to do is get back on the line and... Poof they'll be here" He spoke, a small smile slipping across his face. "So I'd be careful what you say and do."

Josh had control of the situation for now, and knew that to keep it, he needed to be a bit more strict than the usually laid-back Jedi Master tended to be.

One of them, the one he'd been tailing, would ask to be spared from the cops so he could "explain" his situation. He pondered it a moment. It would be the smart thing to just have him arrested too, but...

"You have a deal, but if you try anything... All the men on the ground here are proof of what I can do to a crowd. I wouldn't try anything especially if it's just the two of you. And if I find you just as guilty as them, well... I'll hand you off to the law myself."

Of course, a hand had gently skirted into his pocket and Josh had already hit the pager he'd brought with him to alert law enforcement to his location. So with that, he would hold out a hand and both Jerrol and his friend would disappear from sight.

"Don't try to run. I can track you. And dispel the illusion immediately."

He would turn to the others then.

"So what do you plan to do? Shoot me? Run? Law could be here any second..."

[member="Jerrol Bastu"]

“Whoa, Whoa,Whoa!!” The man instinctively put his hands up in defense upon hearing the accusation upon him, “ That stuff is NOT mine!!” However, the man mood would soon change. Because upon being told about the man (Josh) pager's and him alerting the officials, the man grew angry. “YOUR THE ONE!?” He screamed, tightening his grip on his blaster pistol. He was enraged but despite this, a very small part of him tried to talk him into getting out of here. It was very difficult for him to resist giving in to his anger but asked a question to the one holding the lightsaber:

“I DIDN'T DO A THING TO YOU BUT YET YOU RAT ME OUT ?!!”

He didn't give the man time or the chance to answer his question because in a fit of rage he fired his pistol at the man not caring one bit about the consequences. The man action caused Jerrol and Su to move out of the way in order to avoid getting hit by the blaster by going behind the man car. Jerrol didn't know why all of this went so wrong but he didn't care about that. He was more concern with getting out of here with Su. Grabbing her arm, Jerrol ran away from the sounds of the blaster pistol firing with Su in the hope of leaving the place behind without having to tell anyone why he was there in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom