Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private An Expected Journey

"War is no place for a Lady. I can almost hear her now...." Lori rolled her eyes a little at her aunt's expense. If she had it her way, Rowena would surely just have Lori spend her days in a palace or something, and that'll be that. Probably have her raising a bunch of kids as well....

She glanced over to Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun briefly as they walked, wondering if they'd always be distant from eachother. Sure they were talking now, yet so far she didn't feel a connection with him just yet. So it was going to be strange posing for the public.

Lori switched gears a little in her mind, choosing to question him instead. "And what about you? What are your future plans?" Just how ambitious was he in all of this? She may soon find out.

Second King of The Elysium Empire

Rex listed to Loreena as she mocked her aunt, making him grin. It was a real grin but he couldn't help but feel unnatural. The conversation was forced. He ignored this feeling, there was still a whole week ahead. Surely they would make a connection by then. He hoped so, at least....

Loreena then asked him what his plans were. It was a simple question, and one he had expected and thus prepared an answer for. "I am here for a reason. I think I am destined to take over The Elysium Empire. When it happens, I will turn it into the greatest Empire the Galaxy has seen. Then we can have peace and relative harmony. But for now, I want to do more things like this trip while I can. I want to learn to fight better, I want to explore the galaxy a bit more."

Lori furrowed her brows a little as Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun answered her question. His response held a familiarity to it, one that gave her a small sense of foreboding. But maybe that was due to people throughout history that have said the same sorts of things and it had ended up causing a lot more harm than good.

But she didn't really know Rex, so it wasn't entirely fair for her to judge him because of the words that he spoke. His intentions could be wholly good. Just as long as he was under the right influence....

The latter half of his plans she could easily help him on. "Well, we can have a few spars on this trip. That'll be fun. Unless of course, you have a thing against hitting a girl?" She snickered. All of her opponents had been men and they had no problems in breaking her bones. She thought back to a tournament that she fought in, bringing no weapons with her, yet one of her opponents fought with a big shield and baton. A few of her bones were broken that day, yet she did well and earned more respect from some of the Mandalorians for her tenacity.

"And we have my ships for travel."

He smiled as Loreena offered to spar and let him borrow her ships. He didn't want to hit a girl, but if it was a spar, and she was hitting him, he'd absolutely fight back. Though he was nervous, Loreena had mentioned Mandalorian family. If that was true, she likely knew how to fight much better than him regardless of his experience in the wilderness and limited training.

As for the exploration, he had no complaints or fears, though he wasn't sure about borrowing another's' ships for his own gains. It seemed like a selfish thing to do, but she was offering it, so he would not decline.

"I'll spar if you're up to it" He said, grinning, "As for the ships...if you're offering then I'll take you up on it, but don't feel obligated."

He tried to remember his training for fighting. If they were going to spar, he'd need to use everything he knew and then some....

Lori liked the idea of sparring with Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun or anyone really. Normally she fought in a cockpit. And usually with the Rebels, she was spending most of her time helping others to escape, so hand-to-hand combat was minimal. But this should be fun. She knew that he grew up in the wild, yet just how much experience he had fighting people, she had no idea. But of course she'd learn soon enough. "Oh I'm up for it. Maybe after we make camp we can have a round or two."

Her take on the ships for travel were different than his own, especially given the information that he had passed on earlier. "As for the ships, of course I'm offering. You'll need someone to fly them, right? And I've got a lot of spare time on my hands, unless your father and my aunt have anything to say about it..." Just how much control they'd have over her life, especially Heath, she had no idea. The Elysium King would be her father-in-law, a position of authority over her that she hadn't had since her own Dad was killed in battle. Just as she had respected his wishes, she would respect Heath's as well.

Or at least she'd try to...

He smiled again as Loreena mentioned sparring again. It felt odd, to imagine sparring with someone he was supposed to marry. Perhaps he should get used to it, she was partially Mandalorian, after all. He still worried that he would face a humiliating defeat, but maybe not. Maybe they would tie, or perhaps he could even win somehow.

She also offered not only to let him borrow the ships, but for her to pilot them. However she added at the end that it was up to her aunt, and Heath, to decide if that would be allowed. Rex couldn't give her an answer to her obvious concerns. Heath had never been too controlling, but he hadn't had to because Rex almost always obeyed willingly.

Only time would tell for sure, but until then he would just tell her what he knew, "Heath has never been too controlling. I doubt that will change when it comes to you. If anything he will intervene less because you aren't his child in any way other than title."

Lori took note of the smiles that Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun gave from the corner of her eye whenever she mentioned sparring. She couldn't quite tell what he was imagining though. Maybe it was the thought of beating her. Or maybe it was the thought of her beating him. Regardless, she knew that he was fond of a challenge, as was made evident when they climbed up the canyon wall in a bit of a race.

The thought of Heath rarely intervening at all or have little to do with her because she was only linked with him through title didn't give her any sort of comfort. Being distant with both Rex and Heath didn't quite sit well with her. Maybe in her younger years she'd of jumped for joy and ran off to do whatever she wanted, marriage be damned. But with all of the tragedy and turmoil that she had gone through in recent years had changed all of that. She wanted to have connections again, or at the very least, feel as though she really belonged somewhere. After this trip was over, she was going to have a chat with Heath afterwards. A private one.

"What kind of hand-to-hand combat techniques do you know? Do you prefer to use your fists? Your feet? Whatever weapon you can find?"

Rex didn't want to answer the first part of her question. He knew no techniques, just the basics...how to throw a punch, how to block, etc. It was embarrassing because he knew that she would know more. He decided to answer the second part of the question more than the first.

"I use whatever is needed...usually a stick and my fists because I never had a true weapon in the wilderness. I did use a makeshift bow once." He motioned toward her bow "It didn't last long, but I managed to catch some food with it."

He didn't really mention that he preferred to take out foes at a distance with a rifle or blaster pistol even. Now that he had that option, he preferred it, though he knew he may ever be as proficient with these weapons as he was with his fists...

Lori nodded as she listened, taking a moment to step around a boulder on their winding path. Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun seemed similar to herself in some ways when it came to fighting.

"I liked to set up traps before I'd have to face someone, at least during a combat situation. More often than not, my enemies are a lot bigger and stronger than me, so I have to take any advantage that I can." And usually that meant having the element of surprise.

"And you made a bow too? That's pretty good! I've grown rather fond of mine. I've got some really great tips, some of which explode, and can cut through cement." And take down small fighters too, although she hadn't tested those tips in combat yet.

Rex nodded as Loreena talked about her bow. It was clearly one better than the makeshift one he had made so long ago, but it had done its' job, and wasn't bad for something made of poor materials by someone with no engineering or construction knowledge. But as he had mentioned, it didn't last long.

When she first said she had tips, he expected her to mean shooting tips. But it quickly became clear that she meant arrowheads, which made him grin at his assumption. He made the smile disappear so she wouldn't think he was laughing at her, and then he spoke, "That's impressive. I'll have to see you shoot some time. Always enjoy a good explosion."

Lori didn't catch Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun 's smile. She wasn't looking, not even out of the corner of her eye. It was a little hard to read him, but maybe that would improve over time.

"Well I've brought my bow with me, so you may see me shoot. But I didn't bring the exploding tips. I wasn't planning on running into the kind of trouble where it'd be needed. No one else knows that we're here, right?" Abd she wouldn't use explosive tips for hunting food either.

The pair had been walking for some time now, with the sun past it's peak and on it's way down. "We should find a spot to make camp."

He wanted to laugh at the notion of using explosive tips for anything on this trip. However, he refrained for multiple reasons. He didn't want to make Loreena think he saw her as a joke, and couldn't be serious, but also because the idea that they may need them wasn't too unrealistic. There could be beasts out here that would require such a tool to combat.

She had asked him if anyone else knew about this trip. As far as he knew, nobody knew, and so he told her so, "I believe only Heath, myself, you, and Rowena know."

Then she mentioned that the sun was going down. It seemed like a short trip, maybe the rotations were quicker on this planet. Regardless, she was correct, they should find a camping spot. They had discussed taking the higher area to camp, and they had finally gotten close enough to prepare to climb. This made Rex remember his plan to win part two of their race.... "I agree. Let's take the high ground."

Then with a large smile he took off sprinting toward the wall. He'd win this time...

Well that was good to know. Very little people knew that her and Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun were even there. Good. Yet Lori also considered herself a little luckier these days. Sure she still couldn't get through Eternal Empire space, but she wasn't being followed or spied upon anymore, it seemed. Which meant that any bounties or warrants were sure to be confined to that territory alone.

Lori nodded as Rex had agreed with her to make camp. Sure it was early, but she wanted to spar with him too, or perhaps do a bit of archery.

Yet before she could finish her thought, Rex had taken off in a sprint. Oh sure! Her pack was heavier than his! The cheater! With a snicker she started the chase after him, with her backpack bouncing up and down with her movements. Rex was the first to reach the cliff and start to climb up, yet she wasn't too far behind. "You know....you might just win this one because of my handicap." She gave him a playful smirk. "But maybe that's what you were counting on."

Handicap? Rex thought to himself for a moment, tempted to slow down or look back to see what she was talking about. Then he realized...Of course, it's a trick. Not this time Loreena!

Instead he continued his ascension, not even replying to her. They could talk once he reached the top, which would be soon. His sole focus was on reaching the edge, where he could leap up and grab on. He ignored the sun beating down on him, despite being partially down. He blocked out the movement of the bugs on the rocks that scrambled for cover as he grabbed the area around them. It was just him, and the cliff. With such focus he was sure he could reach the top before Loreena....

And of course Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun ignored her! She didn't take it to heart though as it was all a part of the game. Instead Lori had to focus on not falling! With the heavy backpack on her back, her center of gravity was much higher than normal. Not to mention her overall weight was heavier too. So she took her climb slower this time. Sure she didn't want to lag too far behind, yet she didn't want to lose her footing either.

While Rex was worrying about bugs and the like, she was more worried about loose rocks. The last thing that she needed was to slip.

Her breathing became a bit more laboured as she went on, yet her pace was still okay. However anyone observing would have seen Rex only increasing his gain with each step.

He was almost there. Just a few more steps and he'd have it...

He pulled up with all his might, pushing himself up with his feet at the same time, allowing him to leap up the cliff. Now he was just seconds away. However he neither saw nor heard Loreena due to his focus being solely on climbing. He essentially had tunnel vision, and Loreena could very well be right next to him, or even ahead.

He couldn't allow her to win. Not this time. He needed to prove that he was good at something, because as things stood currently, she was far superior at almost everything. Of course, there was still a potential spar, and maybe some archery to try his hand at. Maybe he would prove himself to be better at one of those tasks.

At the least he expected to be a better politician, since it was his main education for seven years. Of course she was a queen, but from what she had said, she wasn't a true politician. It was an honorary title, similar to the way Rex expected the marriage to play out. He hoped it would be...​

Lori did what she could in regards to keeping her balance as she climbed. Her fingers started to ache a little from the extra grip that she had to use in order to hold both her weight and the pack's. Sure most of her weight was in her legs, but the heavy backpack had moved up the center of blance for her, so that put more strain on her upper body.

Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun was a full body length ahead of her, and it wasn't difficult for him to climb up over the edge first.

Lori smirked as she saw him, yet continued her climb. She wasn't sure if he'd help her over the edge too or not, for she didn't quite know his character too well. So it was better not to assume. Her breathing was more laboured than before, and she couldn't wait to drink some water. But all in good time. She needed to have her feet on solid ground first.

He made it over the cliff. Immediately he threw his pack off and bent over, catching his breath for a moment. Only then did he hear Loreena still on the cliff below. He took one more breath, then walked to her, poking his head over the edge and smirking he said "Gotcha." He let her climb a bit more, then extended a hand out to help her. The race was over, he won, no need to leave her hanging.

But it didn't mean he wasn't going to keep a victorious grin on his face the whole time. She may think his lighter backpack gave him an advantage, but had she not distracted him in the previous race, nearly falling (or pretending to)? It was fair in the end.

Lori narrowed her eyes playfully at Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun as he smirked and gloated at having beaten her. Yet she continued her climb. That is until he offered her a hand up. She took hold of it, keeping her grip firm as helped her up and over the edge.

When at long last she was safely at the top, Lori unclipped her backpack and set it down. Then she arched her back, stretching out her muscles before plopping to the ground beside it. "You had it easy this time around. A head start, a lighter pack, but so far this makes us even."

She leaned back on her hands and surveyed the area. It was a little rocky and slightly uneven, but it'd do well enough for a campsite. Lori was just glad that she packed a bedroll. "This spot looks just as good as any, I think. And if the sky is clear, it should be for a pretty night too." Not that she was sure that he'd care for such things. But it wasn't just the stars that Lori tended to gaze at, but she'd watch space traffic as well and look for signs of battle. It was easier to view them at night.

"Even indeed..." Rex said, faking a tone of disappointment, playfully of course. Then he turned and examined the terrain as she did. Mainly it was rocky, but he had expected it to be. That was a given when it came to camping, thus he had packed a bedroll. He had also packed a blowtorch that could be used to start a fire, dry things off, cook food, or anything else involving heat. Already he had begun grabbing sticks to make a fire, something essential to camping.

Meanwhile Loreena mentioned the sky being clear for a pretty night. This caused him to grin. He could care less about the sky and he found it funny that it was one of the first things she observed.

He had grabbed as many sticks as he could carry, including a few larger ones that would hopefully burn longer than the others. With his hands full, he knelt down and began placing them in a triangular shape for the fire. As he did so he looked over at Loreena to see what she was doing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom