Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private An Expected Journey

They were at the bottom of a lush canyon. Lori took in the fresh air, which was always far better than the recycled kind that she often had while living and travelling through space. More often than not, her pit stops to refuel were on orbital space stations as opposed to being on world somewhere.

She walked to the left side of the creek, making room for Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun to walk beside her if he wished. The birds sang their songs, echoing off the canyon walls. Lori remained silent for a short while, unsure what to say to break that silence. This was an unusual circumstance that the two of them were in, afterall.

"I can imagine that being the heir of an Empire, that you'll have people targeting you too. Who are your enemies? Anyone in particular that I should look out for?"

Rowena led Heath back to the sitting room that she had taken him on his first visit. And yes, a dish of those little candies were available for him. She sat down on one of the chairs. "Well, should we plan out their wedding? As you say, it'll be a very small ceremony, but it'll still require some planning and preparations."

Second King of The Elysium Empire

Tag: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Rex observed their surroundings, there was a large canyon with lots of life on it surrounding them. Were they going to climb it? It wouldn't be an easy task, if so, and he would much rather walk beneath it. It wasn't hot, but there was humidity, and he hated humidity. He couldn't change it though.

As he walked, he noticed Loreena was giving him space to walk beside her. He figured it was better to be beside her than behind her. It made talking to her easier, and it just looked better than walking behind her as if he couldn't keep up. There was an awkward silence for a few moments before Loreena asked him a question.

"I can imagine that being the heir of an Empire, that you'll have people targeting you too. Who are your enemies? Anyone in particular that I should look out for?"

Apparently she didn't know that marrying him would make her a target. Or rather, she did, but she didn't know who would target her. He answered carefully, "Well...We are openly at War with The Sith, and their splinter groups. We are also openly at war with The Bryn, but they seem to attack within their area, so as long as you aren't on a planet they invade, you'll be fine. The CIS...we are hostile, but not at war. The same goes for The Eternal Empire. Finally, The Imperial Splinters....The NIO is no friend of ours, but we are helping them fight The Sith, so they are not an issue. The First Order...we have had some skirmishes, but I don't think we need to fear an attack or any assassins from them."

The Elysium Empire's relations with other factions were a mess. It was one product of his father's actions: a speech that essentially declared war against half the major nations of the galaxy, but not officially declaring a war....and his indecisiveness. Rex hoped the mess didn't push Loreena away....

Lori listened carefully as Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun gave out his list. There were a lot of them, moreso than she had expected. But....it wasn't something that she wasn't used to. In fact not being a target for anyone was just unheard of in her life.

This little lull that she was currently experiencing was just that; a lull. It was never something that was going to last; marriage or not.

"The Sith...you know of my stance on them. Same with the Bryn. I don't like the CIS for they are evil and not to be trusted. As for the NIO, they had offered me sanctuary in their space provided that I give them intel on the Eternal Empire. But I don't think that was fully established as I had heard nothing after my initial meeting with one of their Kings.I have not had any run-ins with the current First Order. Only the past when my Mom once ruled over Zakuul. Remnants of the First Order attacked us and bombed the Capital. I'm not so sure that I would trust them either."

She kept to the path along the creek, her hands holding onto the straps of her pack near her shoulders. Ocassionaly her eyes would drift upwards, or along the canyon walls as though she was looking for something. In some respects she was.

"How soon are we to wed? I mean, that is if I go through with it...How long would I have to prepare? Would I be able to live on my own ships? I have a bigger vessel outside of Jaster's Delight. It was my Mom's that the previous owner of MandalArms made for her. I just don't have the crew for her...." They'd have to discuss living arrangements at some point. Not to mention whether or not it'd be expected that they have children. It was far too soon for that as the pair hadn't even done so much as shake hands. Rex walking beside her was the closest that they've ever been.

Loreena seemed to agree with The Elysium Empire's policies a lot. That was good. Very good. The only big conflict of interests was over The First Order, and she was simply neutral with them, so it wouldn't be an issue. She didn't like the old First Order though, and if needed, that could be used as leverage.

The two walked a little more in silence, then Loreena asked what must have been an awkward question to ask.

"How soon are we to wed? I mean, that is if I go through with it...How long would I have to prepare? Would I be able to live on my own ships? I have a bigger vessel outside of Jaster's Delight. It was my Mom's that the previous owner of MandalArms made for her. I just don't have the crew for her...."

Rex pondered it, and realized that he had no answer for the first part. Heath was in charge of planning it with Rowena, and Rex had little to no say in the matter. "I don't know when. If I find out, I will tell you. As for the ship, I have no doubt that the answer is yes." Most of The Elysium Empire's citizens lived in their own ships. It was the only way there was an Empire at all, and not just a pirate fleet. If there were no civilian ships, there would be almost no concentration of Elysium Supporters.

--------
Heath followed Rowena into the familiar room. Sure enough, and at this point unsurprisingly, she had set out some Orange candies. He wouldn't grab one at this moment, but he would note their presence. Rowena then asked about planning the marriage, noting that it would be small, as he had requested.

He replied, Yes, we should prepare. I am sure she will accept. Is there anything Loreena would want to happen?"

Lori nodded in response. Neither of them knew how quickly the wedding would be pushed. More than likely it depended on how grand it was going to be, for it wasn't as though they'd be having the ceremony the next day after they returned.

Or at least hopefully not...

"And what about you? I assume that for at least some of the time we'll be living together...." Depending on if they got along well, Lori wasn't exactly planning on being unfaithful. But she didn't want them to be miserable either if their personalities clashed too much. There was sure to be rules in place, for both of them to follow.

"Mnemosyne is a democratic Monarchy and my brother, being a few minutes older, he outranks me. My position here is mostly symbolic, which is fine as I don't live here. I had only just learned about this place a couple of years ago." If Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun or his Father was expecting something else, she wasn't sure. In her mind there wasn't a lot for him to gain. She wasn't even thinking about MandalArms yet.

"Given that her last wedding was on the small side in a park, yet was attacked anyways, I'm sure that something small and discreet would be best. As you had mentioned the other day, we could have a lavish ceremony later in the future." Rowena took it upon herself to have one of the orange candies, plopping it into her mouth. Sometimes it was nice to have something sweet.

Loreena had nodded after his short answer. It wasn't long before she spoke again, this time asking about where he would live. He hadn't prepared for that part. He assumed he would continue living as he did already, on The Victory Star Destroyer. However, he was sure that if they were to marry, they would need to act the part assuming it didn't come naturally. That meant they should always be somewhat close together. Until The Elysium Empire had real territory, the fleet would be fine. However once they had land, he would likely need to live in the same building as Loreena.

It would depend on the planet, and their relationship, so he gave a cautious answer, "Well...I'll live on The Utopia Victory Star Destroyer for now. If the need is presented, and you are comfortable with it, I guess we will end up living in the same building. But I'm not sure yet, that was just my assumptions. The future may hold something entirely different."

Loreena had also mentioned Mnemosyne and her position on the planet. It was symbolic, and she did not live there. In fact she had only known about the planet for a little while. Rex was indifferent in this aspect. It was Heath's problem more than it was his. The marriage was mostly bringing in MandalArms, and allies, as well as ensuring the survival of House Valhoun, and upping it's reputation in the galaxy. It wasn't for territory as far as Rex knew.

--------
Heath listened to Rowena as she explained what happened at Loreena's last marriage. In the end she agreed with having a small ceremony and a larger one later, if needed. "Good, Rex would strongly prefer a small wedding as well. I think it should take place here, if you don't mind."

Live in the same building? Lori smirked a little to herself, knowing that they'd probably have to live in the same bedroom at some point. At least though, he was easy on the eyes and for the moment wasn't throwing his weight around her.

She paused for a moment as the trail seemed to split. Both directions looked the same, where the paths curved in opposite directions. "Either one of these paths could lead to a dead end...." Lori looked up one of the nearest canyon walls and began to remove her bacpack. "I think that I'll climb up and see which one would be better." She wasn't certain if Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun was a good climber, but Lori certainly was.

Rowena's eyebrows lifted. "Right here at this Estate? I....suppose that it could be done. How many guests are you proposing? Her last had a dozen and was done in a theme park, no less...." Hardly the right location for the wedding of a Queen. However, her Estate was much more suitable, and far less noticeable.

Rex froze for a moment, making sure he heard her right. Sure enough she was removing her backpack. She was going to climb to get a better view. He wasn't sure what to do in this situation. He didn't have any climbing equipment, but he hadn't back in the wilderness either. Of course, it had been seven years since he was in The Wilderness. He had hardly climbed anything since then.

But he couldn't let her go it alone. She was his responsibility, this trip was the result of his offer to let her have time to decide. Besides, it was a good opportunity to show off a bit. He smirked, while Loreena prepared, he got a running start, then jumped up against the canyon's steep walls. The momentum allowed him to get a good six or so feet off the ground before he grabbed a rock that was jutting out a bit.

It held firm. With his offhand, he reached up, grabbing another area of the canyon walls. It was at this point that he realized he was already getting pretty high up. He paused, waiting for Loreena to begin her climb.

This was a bad idea. he thought, looking down again. It was still natural, and he still had a lot of strength in his arms and hands, but he was a bit rusty and it only took one wrong step....

---------
"Well...myself, and maybe a few admirals and generals. We don't have many yet." Heath smiled. Rex would probably say something like, "Give me a number, that's how many I'll invite." He always thought it was funny how different Rex was. However, he had no doubts that the man would be a great king one day...

Just as her backpack touched the ground, Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun was running past her and had lept up the canyon wall. To say that she was shocked was an understatement, for she stood there with her jaw dropped open. Part of her expected that he'd try to stop her or argue against how dangerous it was or un-ladylike or some other thing.

But no. He had run past her and started to climb up himself. Then he looked down at her.

Challenge accepted!

Lori quickly made her way to the canyon wall to his left and began her climb, securing both hand and footholds as she started to ascend. In her mind this was now a race that she was determined to win.

Rowena nodded. Just a few extras; that was all that was pretty much needed. "I'll have my husband here and the President of Mnemosyne." She'd avoid inviting her nephew, for more than likely he'd be against the whole thing, and she didn't need him interfering with her plans. It was better to deal with him after the fact. "We'll have a grand meal afterwards, in thanks for those attending. I'll need a little time to prepare all of this, not to mention I'll need to get her a new wedding gown. But it won't take long."

Rex expected her to laugh, or freak out and warn him against using no equipment. Instead she began climbing the canyon herself, much faster than he had. Was she racing? Rex resumed his climb, lifting his leg up to a rock, pressuring it to ensure that it was firm before pushing up off it and grabbing another edge in the canyon wall.

Loreena was faster, but he still had some height over her since he started first. He hadn't expected a race, but he was sure as heck going to win it...

---------
Heath took a mental note that Rowena wanted to invite her husband and the president of the planet. He would inform Rex once the trip was concluded. Rowena continued to explain that there would be a grand meal, and she would need some time to prepare, naturally. "There is no rush. Simply send me a message when you have made the preparations. Will there be security?"

Lori didn't pause in her climb. Doing so would slow down her gain on Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun , so she just kept climbing. Her hand holds were good, keeping her balance as she placed her feet on the bigger ones. It was hard to judge who had it easier, for she wasn't peeking his way at all. She was too focused on her own climb.

One rock gave way and she stumbled momentarily, letting it drop to the canyon floor before she pressed onwards. The ledge was another 20 or so feet up from what she could tell. It won't take long now....

Rowena nodded. "Yes, there'll be security. There has to be. And if I can, I'll get a remote shield generator in place to protect the Estate should an attack come. However the more secret we have this wedding, the least likely there'll be an attack."

Rex had stopped watching Loreena, determined to win the race that she had started. Or did he start it? He started the climb, but she started the race. It didn't matter. He was going to win the race. However when he heard a rock crack and fall, he stopped, nearly having a heart attack at the thought of what he may see. However all he saw was Loreena, not falling, but taking the lead!

One one hand, his concern for her saftey allowed her to take the lead in the final seconds. On the other hand, the adrenaline caused by his concern gave him a boost of energy. If this burst of energy would matter remained to be seen, but it was certain the race was going to be close....

--------
Heath nodded as Rowena discussed the security measures she was planning. They were adequate. Heath saw an opportunity to share the burden. Knowing it may be one of his only chances to do so, he seized the moment. "The Elysium Empire will cover all security costs. Furthermore, I will pull one of our Bryn-killers away. Designed to kill the strongest of The Bryn'adul, I'm sure one will be plenty of security if utilized as a body guard."

The King could have committed much more, including the powerful FRC-1 gas that neutralized the ability to use The Force. However, he didn't want to give away all their secrets just yet...

And it was close! The hesitation that Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun took as the rock tumbled was enough for Lori to secure the lead. Even his energy boost wasn't enough. She clambered to the top with a huge grin on her face, only then allowing herself to look his way after getting to her feet and dusting her hands off. "Well that was fun. Looks like I win."

Lori placed her hands on her hips in a cocky manner as she looks to where the different canyon paths could lead. They both twisted and turned, splitting off even more pathways in the distance. "Looks like quite the maze..."

Rowena nodded her approval, finishing the candy in her mouth. Heath was right to savour them as they really are good.

"I think that should do the trick, as far as security goes. Is there anything else that we're missing?" It was to be a very small wedding, so there wasn't going to be a grand ball or anything to prepare for.

Rex pulled himself up with such force that he flew up onto the surface with only his feet and shins hanging off. He then rolled over to see Loreena standing over him triumphantly with her hands over her hips. He released a deep sigh, then rose to his feet.

"Guess I'm a bit rusty. Seven years is a long time." It was an excuse, not because he was a sore loser, but because it was true. Although, he was hardly out of breath...a sign of his excellent physical condition. He may not climb as naturally, or lift as much as he could back then, but he was far from being out of shape.

As he dusted himself off, Loreena said the area looked like a maze. Rex took a look. Sure enough the area below was a web of paths derived from the main two. Normally he'd just pick one and go, but he had never had someone with him before. He decided to ask her what she thought.

"Well, what do you want to do? Just pick one?"

------
Heath grinned as Rowena finished off the candy. The things were great. Then Rowena said she thought that everything was planned out. Heath thought for a moment, then nodded, "I agree, that should be everything. If you have questions about anything else you come up with, I'm happy to answer."

It had been a while since Lori had gone on adventures, gone climbing and searching through caves. She used to do a bit of treasure hunting for profit, back before the Jedi-Mando wars when she was earning credits to pay for the ship that Kaine had made for her. Those days were fun and she had a bigger crew back then. Including her late husband....

She shelved those thoughts away, focusing on the present and her possible future with Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun . The maze of canyon paths was very inviting, at least to someone that loved to explore. She wanted to set a plan in place, but not fully. Just enough to not constantly run into dead ends.

"I think that I know which way to go. It widens up on the right. There could be something wicked there. Let's go find out!" Approaching the edge, Lori wished she had Ol'Sparky with her or her Boots of Escaping. But climbing back down would have to do. So she took to it a little more slowly than the climb up.

"The wedding rings. Should we have something special for them for that?" Rowena folded her hands on top of her lap, glancing down at her own set of sparkly bejeweled wedding rings. "I am unsure as to your son's tastes."

Loreena had picked the right path, as it widened later on. Rex couldn't help but think her wording over the matter was childish..."There could be something wicked there. Let's go find out!" It was like something from a kid's book. He didn't really care, everyone spoke differently, though it did make him grin slightly.

Loreena probably didn't see the grin as she had already begun climbing down. Rex followed, looking over the edge, then turning around and putting his feet on a few solid areas. He wouldn't race this time, it was tougher going down than going up. It looked like Loreena was also in no hurry. At least she had common sense....

--------
"He's not the type to wear anything he doesn't need to. He hates politics, not the politics themselves, but the games that come with them. However, if Loreena wants something impressive, we would be happy to cover those expenses as well."

Lori continued the climb down, using the same foot and handholds as before. Given that she was in no rush, she didn't refrain from speaking on her way down. "Are you just going to have me take the lead on this entire trip? Or are you going to take it sometimes?" It could be that Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun was told to do whatever she wanted so that she'd agree to the marriage. But that didn't help her in regards to how he'd behave later on. Would he always cater to her? Or would she be expected to always cater to him?

Of course another alternative was that they barely saw eachother at all and were married in name only. Not that Lori wasn't used to be away from family. She barely even saw her twin brother. And if it weren't for Arla, she'd always be alone. Good crew were hard to find, and it was even more difficult to keep them.

"A simple wedding band for Rex ought to suffice. Afterall, we wouldn't any scandals regarding him straying and producing bastards. The same can be said about my niece. However I don't think that anything too fancy would suffice as she's a bit rough around the edges. I'm sure that I can find a fine pair for them this week."

The game of politics was something that neither of them could avoid, however. They were royalty and duty-bound to play the game their entire lives.

Rex finished climbing down slightly quicker than Loreena. Too bad he wasn't racing this time. As Loreena continued her descent, she asked if he ever planned to take the lead in the trip. At this question Rex lifted his eyebrows. Was it a test? Did she really want him to take the lead? He didn't mind, but he had been letting her lead due to the hike part of the trip being her idea.

"I just assumed you'd want me to follow. You seem the type. Anyways.."

He didn't wait for her to finish the climb, instead he began walking toward the right path. She wanted him to lead, he would lead.

----------
Heath nodded as Rowena stated that she would get the two a mostly plain pair of rings. It was probably better that way...cheaper too.
"What will the marriage bring the two? Will they need to be together often, daily even, or will it simply be a contract? Rex will probably ask."

Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun beat her on the way down, which wasn't that surprising given that he was taller. Plus she wasn't racing at that point anyways.

However what did surprise her was the fact that he just walked off. She jumped down the remaining few feet, landing in a bit of a crouch before dusting herself off again.

She seemed the type....hmmm....

"Yeah..Okay..."

Lori picked up her backpack and slung it over her shoulders, clipping the straps around her hips and chest. Just what would he do if she suddenly went the other way while he wasn't looking? The old part of her would have done just that, to pull a prank on him. But really she wasn't sure of how he'd take it. At least for the moment. So she mery shrugged her shoulders a little to herself and started following in behind him.

Rowena pondered the question for a moment or two. "Often, if not daily would be best. The more that my niece can be kept out of trouble, the better. What better way than to give her something besides rebellion to focus on?" Not to mention occupy her time...Of course that could all depend on how well the two get along.

Rex continued to lead her deeper into the trail. At last they were approaching another split in the path. To the left there was a path that was cleaner, clearly used more by animals and possibly other hikers. To the right, a path that was barely visible due to the overgrowth. Rex did not slow down, nor did he ask Loreena which she would pick.

He instead took a quick guess on which one she would pick. The right one. She wanted an adventure, to find something "wicked". She would certainly pick the right path. It wasn't his style....he liked taking others' opinions before making any decisions, but this time he was trying to take control. She had taunted him to lead and so he would go ahead.

The downside of this was she may feel neglected, or assume that he never took advice before choosing. She would find, in due time, that both assumptions were wrong. If she thought them to begin with.

-------
Heath nodded slowly. Rex may not like the commitment, and from what he knew of Loreena, she probably wouldn't either. He desperately hoped the two got along well, for his sake and theirs. "So be it. What if they do not get along? Do you plan to stay true to our agreements? Are we forcing them to stay together no matter what?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom