Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An End to The Madness

Ven had just finished docking her ship, the Quicksilver Dragon, in the hangar of the large ship where Calico had requested she meet him, and others, when she caught the message from Krest. The green skinned female rolled her eyes, responding to his message, "Could he be any more impatient?" She said afterward, laughing outloud to herself, shaking her head. She trailed one hand against the side of her ship before making her way out of the hangar and on up to the bridge. The Falleen walked in and set her hands on her hips, glancing about at the group that took residence in the room at that moment before catching sight of Calico and Krest. She dropped her arms and walked over to them, her high brown leather boots making soft tapping sounds on the floor on the way.

"Hey boys, hope I'm not too late to the party." She said, smiling faintly, adjusting the high collar of her brown leather jacket and crossing her arms over her chest, "It's been a while." Her tone was more serious now, though it had an air of curiosity hidden behind it, "What've I missed?" She lightly pushed Krest when she moved up beside them, grinning now.

@[member="Krest"]
@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]

"Evening ner'vod. Be ready to follow our jump." He commed into @[member="Dieter Jusik"]. The flotilla had arrived, so-to-speak. Calico turned away from the comm, it was time to go. Kira could catch up, if she so pleased.

He patched the comm signal into his helmet, simply to keep up the conversation. The Ge'hutuun was slowly coming to life. It was best to be off the ship when it did. Everyone was gathered, and it was time to bang out....before emotion caught up in him. He crossed the thin walkway linking to the Leviathan, and sealed the door behind him.

He slapped a hand on Josh's shoulder, and grinned under the helmet. "Hey there ner'vod. Welcome to the freedom train, heheheh." He switched to the Leviathan's frequency. "Start retracting the connection. The old Hutuun is about to go on a road trip."

He tilted his head back toward Ven as she followed through the walkway. "Just a little get together. Pubs came uninvited. Brace for hyperspace, unless you want to fall on your shebs."

@[member="Kira Liadain"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Ven"]

Josh chuckled a bit as Calico came around. "You have no idea how good it feels to be on a vacation for once" he said with a grin. "Being as stuffy as Daella 24/7 takes a toll on you, yknow?" he joked.

He heard the comm going, and he whispered to Calico.

"That's the schutta that got me booted"

@Calico Tal'Verda

"So, what is our plan, sir?" Canal asked to Calico after he heard him told them about how they were being used as puppets and that they were only benefiting the CEOs instead of the common people. He would ask other questions later as he preped himself for hyperspace.

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee

"Well visiting tends to happen whenever one is in the neighborhood," she shot back with a half grin, but there was still a bit of concern in her voice, "Ain't haven't had much time to send a comm out..." not with the way she'd been busy -- not to mention having to deal with some pretty heavy stuff.

Then came a pause, and her voice seemed a bit more hesitant, with just an underlying note of surprise she'd been holding onto since she saw the direct holofeed off Zenith Prime during the discussions with the High Council of the Order and the Grand Marshal of the CIS.

One Calico Tal'Verda.

"Looks like you were plenty busy yourself, Grand Marshel and all." she said in passing, as she had not known of his position until that moment. Not her most shining moment as an investigator. Then again, at the time on Tund and during the Madness of Akala, positions and titles were the last thing on her mind.

"Well...," her eyes fell down to the sensors, picking up the revving of their engines. They were in a mighty fine push to get going. Her fingers lightly went tapping against her comm, until finally she gave a sigh.

It didn't appear that they would be able to debrief Krest, if that was indeed who was there on that ship. Nor did it appear that it would be taken lightly; seeing as they had originally pointed turbolasers at them.

They both had responsibilities and people who depended on them. She gave a mental sigh.

giphy.gif

"Ganar cin vhetin, Calico," came her soft murmur right after in Mando'a, having learned it during her time spending with the Williamina sisters, relaying her wish for him. Followed by an even softer, " Ret'urcye mhi."

"Heh, yeah. I suppose I had a bit on the plate." He mumbled as he made his way toward the bridge turbolift. It was a final goodbye, if anything. A farewell to a friend, and in Calico's mind, perhaps what could have been. It had been a childish crush, but he knew the what-ifs would haunt him in the quiet hours.

Get over it.

"You...." His voice wavered for a moment. It was an open comm, after all, and Josh had told him that she was the reason he was thrown off the Council. The reason the Jedi were here now: which Calico assumed their reasoning to be hunting Dark-siders. That only made him conflicted. "You should fine me sometime. My comm designation should still be recorded in Zenith Prime's database."

The turbolift whirred up to the bridge. Calico strode across, nodding at those loyal to him. "Ni...vor'e, Kir'ika. I missed you."

The comm cut short. The Ardent-Class Frigate veered off toward Bothuwai for a moment as it detached, paused, and then, it was gone into the realm of hyperspace. The Ge'hutuun was left behind, engines revves slightly. They had been, for lack of a better term, sabotaged. No one would chase the deserters in Calico's former flagship. No one.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

As the comm cut out, Josh frowned as he could sense the emotions from his friend, the former Grand Marshal.

"Hey buddy" he said, putting a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Take it from me, I used to think she was cute too" he half joked with a cheesy grin. "Learned the hard way she was a nosy, crazy little witch" he said, giving a sigh.

"But hey. When I was Grandmaster... Oh by the way, Carn Dista got to me. Gave me a month or so of free reign to do whatever the hell I want. Then I can go back, take my seat back on the Council, and start cleaning up this mess. Well, I can return whenever I like, but.. Yeah. I got a free month or so to travel and rest and stuff like that" he said with a shrug.

"But back to my point... When I was Grandmaster, and I got stuck on this stupid karking mission on Zeltros... Oh Sith Spit, you should have seen the chit we were stuck with. I got dragged there to protect the Chancellor during his.... Escapades. But there's this nice place there, if we stop by Zelteros on the way to wherever we're going, I'll show you it. Maybe you'll meet a nice girl" he said with a big grin. "Or at least have a good time. I won't judge"

The former Grandmaster had noticeably loosened up since his departure. It was a nice change of pace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom