Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Adult area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere on the site i noticed they mentioned a PG-13 Rating for the Roleplay, I maybe new but i think there should be a locked Area for R18 Roleplay for Sex, drugs and Violence. Mind you i'm not talking XXX stuff so keep it tasteful.

Obviously there should be a measure in place to keep out the younger eyes. >.>

Cypra Krum

"No Power without Pain"
[member="Celestia Von Nacht"] Don't you think there's a risk someone could lie about their age to get into set area? Just saying that's the first thing that comes to mind.

[member="Cypra Krum"]

Of course, then there is a risk of that in any Online area. But most websites just ask people to declare there age and there covered.

I know it was a long shot but i just decided to put it out there.

[member="Celestia Von Nacht"]

There is no way to accurately police an 18+ area because this is the internet, and as Staff we are not in the business of doing so anyway.

If you are in to to that, there are tons of other places to participate in it or take it somewhere private and off-site.

[member="Celestia Von Nacht"]
There has been a case where a parent has emailed [member="Tefka"] and he has had to immediately act on their complaints due to adult themes in PMs. It isn't a matter of putting a warning on a page. The only way to allow people 18 and up (which would be adult only, you can't let a 16 year old into a 18+ forum, clicking "I'm 18" doesn't help either) is to completely bar the entire website from those under 18.

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
eq4eb.jpg

Normally when writers on Chaos want to do something that isn't allowed by the rules, we find places off of the site to do it. The PG-13 rule is non-negotiable and always will be. There are other forums - or even just Skype - to carry out whatever topics you want to do that are more mature than strictly PG-13.

Carliah Dakrone

Walking the Path to Redemption
Make it password protected and have people request the password from an admin. If their age on their account doesn't show them as being over 18, deny them access via not providing them with the password and make sharing it with underaged members bannable. That's what I've seen other boards do. Not saying I want it. I personally don't care either way, but if people are that desperate it's an idea.

No, there will never be an area for non PG-13 RPing on this board.

For the reasons listed above (policing, parential issues, inclination of the owner and staff) it is not in our interest to allow this.

There are plenty of other places for that available, some used by people on this forum.

It's something which has often come up, but our view has always been to keep it PG-13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom