Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amity

Kiran Arlos

K
A small slightly shuddered breath came from the young man as he waited to speak to one of the Jedi here at the Silvers Rest, he had been here one several months ago. The young man didn't have the heart to stay for the idea of them finding out and casting him out. Fear had long played on the young man's future. Kiran couldn't let this dictate who he was or what life he would lead from here on out.

Kiran had thought long and hard about his future and he felt that it was here, however if he was going to remain here he would need to shed light on his past to the Jedi Knights that were leaders among the Silvers. He needed help, those days weighed heavily on his mind. While he still to this day felt like he did Justice. The other side of him felt that there was another way.

Justice? Revenge?

Where they the same thing?

Killing in the name of Justice, some would call it that. However was that the correct path, or was it the pull of the darkside. Kiran hadn't fully started his training, yet he knew those two simple truths.

The darkside, and the light. He knew what they stood for, and he hoped that he hadn't started down that path that which he didn't want.

He rubbed his hands together a bit as a feeling of coldness crept over him. Fear or dread, or maybe afraid of not being accepted. He waited, till he was called upon.

[member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

There was something peaceful about the waiting room outside the Assembly Chambers, not many people ever made the journey all the way up here, even the master's avoided the sun-soaked chamber for the most part. they were too busy being out there doing things, training, cavorting in the sun or even just training. The room was normally like a sea of tranquillity you could drop into, letting the calm enfold you and succour you.

Only today she wasn't alone, it looked like someone else was in the room, waiting it seemed for the Assembly, or a meeting with someone who regularly used the chambers. The pink-haired Padawan settled on a nearby bench, swinging her legs in the air as she cupped her hands around the back of the bench, leaning backwards to enjoy the feeling of the sunlight warming her skin just like a cat. Eyes closed she held the position for a moment before speaking, "So, what've they got you in for?" She didn't think she recognized the boy, not someone she'd seen around Silver's Rest before but she didn't know every single person...at least not yet. Maybe she'd manage that one day though, but getting to know someone right now couldn't be a bad thing.

[member="Kiran Arlos"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Day to day, the Assembly hall was usually empty, Assembly members working in the field or throughout the Silver Rest, but today was a peculiar one. Kiran had asked to speak with the Assembly about something.

She had no idea what that something was, but she would oblige his request as a friend. She knew he had been through a lot with the collapse of the Iron Empire.

Without knowing if any other Masters would show up for the informal gathering, Jyoti was the first to arrive, adorned in her usual flowing white robes. Peeking her head into the waiting room, she found Asaraa sitting with Kiran.

She stepped fully inside, offering a wave and smile.

"Kiran, Asaraa, good afternoon to you both."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Kiran Arlos"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

Valae Kitra strode through the halls of Silver Rest, signature brown robes flowing at her heels. The Grandmaster offered a few kindly smiles and nods to those she passed by, but her thoughts were elsewhere. A last minute meeting had been called, so she and the other assembly members were to gather in the hall. There hadn’t been anything set on the docket, but she was sure that several of the assembly were still present at the Rest.

She was very curious to know the reason for this meeting, she knew only that it had been requested by a familiar presence – that of [member="Kiran Arlos"], an acquaintance from the Iron Empire. Valae had met the young man on one occasion, but quite a span of time had passed since their last meeting.

As she rounded the corner, she spotted a group forming in the waiting room.

Her smile broadened to see those already present – Master [member="Jyoti Nooran"], [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], and young Kiran himself. Giving each a small nod of greeting, she approached.

“Good to see all of you again,” She said, her chestnut eyes lingered a moment longer on Kiran than the others. “I hope you’ve been well. Why don’t we give the others a few more minutes to gather, then we’ll go inside.” Valae gestured to the vast chamber that waited.

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran so set in his nervous self that he didn't even notice the girl sitting a ways from him. He barely registered what she had said until he mentally shook himself from his own thoughts and answered her back.

"Oh you know,stole a cake from the kitchen." Kiran responded as he shook his head with a small smile in jest. "I just have some things I need to get off my chest." Kiran showed a smile in light of his own personal turmoil right now. "That's a good color for you. It compliments you well." Kiran said sincerely indicating her hair which did look really good. Kiran nodded his head as he looked ahead of him staring blankly at the wall for a few moments before he looked to her again. "I'm Kiran, Kiran Arlos. It's nice to meet you."

A few moments later Master's [member="Jyoti Nooran"] and [member="Valae Kitra"] arrived and Kiran gave a small wave. "Good tidings, Masters. It's good to see you both again. I apologize for the abruptness of the meeting and I thank you for coming." While he knew they were busy, and while he waiting for the rest to show up he felt now that he could have better rehearsed this whole deal. But he felt he quicker the better, for should they cast him out like a dog.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

Valkren was late, of course. He was getting accustomed to karkin' up his sleep schedule when not deployed. His unit and subordinates had sometimes become accustomed to his tardiness, but it was understandable to them. The world was different when not on deployments, one didn't have to look over their own shoulder, they didn't have to rely on every person beside them to watch their back incase of an ambush.

Things were just slower here.

He adjusted his patrol cap over his head, rounding a corner in approach to his destination he'd shift his BDU's about to a comfortable position, making sure his undershirt wasn't coming untucked from its position. Before rounding the next corner needed to reach his waiting area for the assembly hall, he'd stop at the sound of familiar voices.

After taking a quick peak around the corner and coming to the realization that he wasn't the last one there, he'd make his appearance. The colonel stepped in the open and moved towards the group, removing his cap as he approached.

"Not often you all call out to HQ to get me to come down here. What's up?" He hated to begin with a sudden question and no introductions, but the lack of things to do until their next deployment had him anxious.

He'd realize his mistake, looking to everyone again before speaking up. "How is everyone?"

Valkren's gaze was drawn to a much younger face, one he couldn't seem to place a name to.

[member="Kiran Arlos"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

"Oh well then you're screwed," the girl didn't even try to hide the amused twinkle in her eyes as she tilted her head slightly so that her blue gaze rested on his face. "The cooks are terrible, awful meanies and if you actually went and stile a cake while you were there...they're gonna throw the book at you." A sage nod followed that statement as she felt as much as heard the door open and footsteps on the floor, "that book being how to bake a cake, I mean," a grin spread across her face as she got to her feet, "how could you even think about getting cake and not sharing any of it with the rest of us." There was a look of shock, of mock outrage on her face as she turned, inclining her head at Jyoti and the other members of the assembly who had shown up.

Well so much for a relaxing day but still, she sidled ever so slowly away from the master's one hand reaching up to curl through her head as she shot a glance back at Adran, a please flush coloring her features, who didn't like a compliment. "You think so? Thanks....it's nothing too bad is it? I mean you're here with all the of them so..." she let the question hang in the air as she examined his face for some clue as to why they were all here.

[member="Valkren Calderon"] | [member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Kiran Arlos"]

The Assembly Chambers were generally quite empty. It was a sharp contrast to the way that Josh was used to back in the day. But back in the day had been years ago... This was now. The Silver Assembly was more often than not on the field, so the chambers didn't see much action. But a meeting had been called, a young man apparently wanted to speak with them.

He strode in, curious about the call and what this young man wanted. He arrived in time to see [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] teasing the kid. Both hands came down on her shoulders from behind as the 6'5 Master would stare down at her with an amused smile. "Asa, don't scare him like that" He joked quietly.

Turning his attention to the others that had gathered, Josh would bow his head respectfully. "And greetings to you all, as well. Are we ready to proceed?"

[member="Valkren Calderon"] - [member="Kiran Arlos"] - [member="Valae Kitra"] - [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

The next person to show up after Jyoti was none other than Valae herself. It didn't surprise her, the Grandmaster was also familiar with Kiran from her stint with the IE.

Valae gave a greeting, then suggested they wait a little longer for other people to show up. Jyoti quietly nodded in approval.

"It's no trouble at all," she told Kiran as she shifted her focus back on him. "The Assembly is here for you all."

She let Kiran get back to chatting with Asaraa while Valkren appeared, looking completely knackered. Probably fresh off another rotation. Fortunately, jet lag was a non-issue for the cyborg.

"You know there's always an open invitation," she reminded him. "The food here also much better than anything you'll find in the Ranger mess halls. I promise you that."

Next, to arrive was Josh, joking a bit with Asa before asking about the meeting. It was nice to see him act with a bit more levity, but he still seemed to be down, and now she understood why.

"I think that's everyone," she answered. "The others may be busy with fieldwork."

She looked over at Valae, wanting her to move the meeting along.

[member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Kiran Arlos"]

Valae waved away Kiran’s offer of apologies and simply smiled. The Grandmaster side-eyed Padawan Vaashe at the mention of cake, she could go for a slice right about now in fact. But, duty called! Turning slightly, she spotted Colonel Calderon as he rounded the corner. His imposing form was followed shortly by that of Master DragonsFlame, Valae found her eyes angling up to see him.

“Hello, gentlemen,” She smiled, nodding to both. It was good to see them again, especially in a setting that did not include battle.

Glancing to Master Nooran, she drew a breath and pushed the chamber doors open. “Come on inside,” She waved the crowd into the large space that was normally reserved for formal assembly meetings. The Grandmaster took a seat and waited for everyone else to do the same. Once everyone was settled, she turned her attention to the room at large.

“For those of you that have yet to meet him,” She started, “This is Kiran Arlos – a friend from the days of the Iron Empire.”

The Grandmaster’s gaze settled on Kiran, curious, but laced with warmth.

“Please,” She offered a smile, “Tell us why you’re here today.”

[member="Jyoti Nooran"],[member="Josh DragonsFlame"], [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], [member="Valkren Calderon"], [member="Kiran Arlos"]

Kiran Arlos

K
"I figured that was going to happen." Kiran said with a bit of a laugh of sorts as he shook his head at [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] "I do hope you are kidding." The young man said with his own jest thrown in. "I'm gonna tell them it was all your idea." Kiran winked at her playfully as he turned back to the matter at hand. While their presences were making him feel better, after this he wouldn't be so sure.

"Your about to find out why I'm here, and who I am." Kiran said to Asaraa one more time before he followed them into the assembly room and seats were taken. Kiran's fingers were intertwined with one another for a few brief seconds before he started to speak looking towards [member="Valae Kitra"] and the rest of the them.

"I've been, evasive on certain events that have happened in my past. I've tried to work past them and I've tried to forget, I worried before and even know what would happen should you learn of them. I returned from my travels and I wish to be trained as Jedi, however first I have to tell you something." Kiran took a deep breath as he readjusted himself in the seat.

"A few years ago I lost my family during gang attack. My mother,father,brother and sister were both killed in cold blood. I was working as security and partial investigator for the local police force. I was young so it was only a entry level stuff. A year had gone by and no arrest had been made, and it seemed the force was just chasing ghosts. It was like they weren't even trying. I grew angry, tired, vengeful. I did what I had to do, my own research, investigating. Very thorough, completely and I made a move against them, those that killed my family."

Kiran cleared his throat as he rubbed his face slightly before he would continue again, while this was the part he would worry about, but it had to be said. Truth was the way forward, and for him he hoped it would save him and it would be his salvation.
"I killed them, all seven of them." Kiran said just above a whisper. "What I thought to be justice, turned out to be something else entirely. I was branded the monster, cast out I evaded such warrants against me. After Corellia's destruction, things quieted down and I was still on the run. I found home at several places but I could never truly find peace, I'm not sure if I'm sorry for what I've done. The only thing I'm sure off is that there is a shadow looming over me for what I've done. I feel the.....I feel the pull...."

Kiran shivered slightly as he didn't even notice a tear roll down his face.

"I feel the pull of the darkside, and I don't know what to do, and the only truth I know is that I don't want to go down that path. I don't want to be on the path anymore." Kiran cleared his throat and shrugged his shoulders lightly, as if he was unsure. However he knew what he really wanted.

"I don't know how to move forward, without my past continuing to come back to haunt me."

[member="Jyoti Nooran"][member="Josh DragonsFlame"][member="Valkren Calderon"]

Jyoti settled down in her seat within the hall, expression now somber as they were now in serious discussion.

Kiran had quite the revelation, recounting his vigilante activity on Corellia. Now she understood the source of the conflict she felt every time she was around him.

It was hard to formulate a response to that, but not because she found him to be wrong. She struggled because she found his move to be the right one, even though his decisions were eating him up inside. Jyoti was a Jedi, but she was also from the streets. She knew how scum like that could ruin a community if left to their own devices. In her mind, he had nothing to be sorry about.

However, she had to be diplomatic, she didn't want to send the wrong message condoning his actions and encouraging escalation.

She sighed as she clasped her hands together, going back and forth on the issue in her head for what seemed like an eternity.

"Kiran...first I'd like to say that I'm sorry for your loss. Family is everything, and losing a loved is always devastating to the heart. I don't necessarily agree with how you chose to handle the situation, but I can understand. You felt as though the system had failed you, and knowing how things were on Corellia, it probably did. We could spend all day talking about how you could have handled things differently, but hindsight is 20/20. What we can do is learn from those experiences and try to do better in the future."

"All of us assembled here have made mistakes in our lives, and we're certainly not going to shun you for yours. That is not our way as Jedi. We're here to help you in any way we can."

She stood up from her chair, moved to Kiran, studying the wetness under his eyes for just a few moments before wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

It was an unusual move for the normally reserved Echani, but she had a history with Kiran, and it seemed like he needed it.

[member="Kiran Arlos"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Valkren Calderon"]

Well, now the boy had managed to pique Asaraa's attention, a small smile playing around her lips as she nodded her head acknowledging the hit. "But who would believe..." she let her voice trail off as she gave Adran a helpless shrug, "ok so you got me, but you wouldn't throw poor innocent me under the bus would you?" The large puppy-dog eyes she turned on the boy might have been slightly ruined by the wide grin that spread across her face.

Even as they finished talking the rest of the assembled personages had arrived as she arched an eyebrow at Josh, "Who said I was joking? I'm sure that the cooks have it out for us, there were less cookies out today than there were last week, they know how much we like those."

The good-natured ribbing came to an end as the grand master led the way into the Assembly hall, the master's all trooping into their regular stations as Asaraa slipped in to find a spot in the corner where she could lean until they needed her. Given the amount of time that she spent sitting in that corner she really should bring a stool in to sit on. She could only stand in shock as her new friend related his past, the weight that had been weighing on him all this time. She could feel her hands clenching at her sides at the pain in his voice as she let her eyes drop away from the moment where Jyoti enfolded him in a hug, giving them their privacy. It wasn't that she thought what he'd done was wrong if someone had hurt one she'd cared about...well she'd pursued Kei to the ends of the galaxy after what he did to Zavii. The siren call of the dark was all to present, and no-one should have to live with that burden alone she knew that better than almost anyone. Blue eyes drifted up, resting on the scene in the middle of the room as the girl stayed wrapped up in her own thoughts.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Kiran Arlos"] | [member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Valkren Calderon"]

Kiran Arlos

K
The hug was the very last thing Kiran had expected to receive to be quite honest. In truth he really wasn't sure what to expect, however that wasn't it. As she spoke that they had all made their fare share of mistakes, while that may have been true. He had still done something that could potentially damage anyone's soul, if they allowed it to.

The young man returned the gesture as he appreciated it greatly even though he felt that he didn't deserve it.

"Thank you Master Nooran. I appreciate any support or advice that could be given. I do look to be a better man than that."

After the hug broke Kiran turned a slight bit red as he dried his eyes as best as he could without trying to look so broken. "I will be better than that, I swear it."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Valkren Calderon"]

Valae’s eyes softened upon hearing that young Kiran had lost his family in a gang attack. Indeed she could empathize; she knew what it was like to lose. It was a sense of heartbreak that she could feel within, even at that very moment. She’d had the strong, guiding light of Master Heavenshield when she lost her father, but as she imagined that night without his presence… it was a very dark and lonely place.

It was easy to see that Kiran was struggling as he revealed the rest of his story.

His whispered words reached her, and his reasoning was certainly understandable. However, that’s not to say the pull of the dark side was not worrisome. But Kiran was at a crossroads, and he had come for help – that was the major mark of difference between him and someone that might have wandered down that dark path without thought. He had weighted the options, he had made a choice.

She let Master Nooran speak, and she smiled to see the other woman move to embrace Kiran.

“Master Nooran is quite right,” She said, nodding. “None of us are perfect. You’ve been honest with us, that’s noteworthy indeed. And might I say, you came to the right place – I’m glad to see you back here.”

The Grandmaster’s eyes fell on each person present; there was a strong community within the Order. If there was anywhere Kiran could heal and flourish, it was here.

“We’re all here to help,” She said, smiling.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"],[member="Josh DragonsFlame"], [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], [member="Valkren Calderon"], [member="Kiran Arlos"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"It's a pleasure to see you again, Grandmaster Kitra. It's been awhile"[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Josh would greet gently as he would gingerly take Valae's hands and bow his head before releasing them. It was a greeting he'd taken to with her for some time now. It seemed to be a mixture of signalling he considered her a friend while also acknowledging her position. He smiled then toward [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] at her remarks and shook his head, leaning in to whisper something into her ear. No doubt, it wasn't anything PG. To most, it would be hard to tell that these two were Master and Padawan. But Josh had decided to just continue to treat Asaraa as per normal, while he did his best to help his friend be ready to undertake her Jedi Trials.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Soon it was time to enter the chambers and the Assembly would take their seats while the kid would weave his tale. Josh said nothing for a long while, just listening and letting him get everything out as he wished. He could sense pain, sense conflict, and deep down he wanted to help the best he could. But he couldn't until he knew for sure the situation. He listened to the lad as he would talk about how his family had been killed... And he had sought revenge and killed them himself. Josh couldn't blame him. He couldn't. Josh understood what it was like to pursue vengeance. And he knew deep down that if some harm were to come to Jason... He would kill the ones responsible himself. There was no doubt about that. And he would never deny it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]While surprised that Jyoti hugged the lad, he would smile then, glad she was as understanding as she had been with him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"Thank you for being honest with us. Allow me to lend you the same courtesy. The thing is..." He began. "It's okay to have feelings like that. You're human."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Josh would take a deep breath, considering a moment how to further approach this.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"I won't pretend I wouldn't have the same feelings that you did should I lose someone I deeply cared about. And it's okay to feel like that. The key is learning control. Learning to always be in control of your emotions, your feelings. It's okay to have them... But letting them get away from you is when the bad things happen. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]It's okay to feel this way... A little less okay to actually go out of your way to kill people. But... You're here. Clearly, you understand that. As far as what to do is concerned... I think you'll find your way here with us. Our wish is to heal people who need it. And as Jyoti said... We'll help you as much as we can."[/SIZE]

[member="Valae Kitra"] - [member="Jyoti Nooran"] - [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] - [member="Kiran Arlos"] - [member="Valkren Calderon"]

Kiran Arlos

K
The fact that they were understanding and such did prove a big surprise to Kiran. While he wasn't hoping for this sort of reaction from them, however he wasn't sure if they were going to arrest him and throw him in some sort of prison for the remainder of his days. However now that this has come to pass he was wrong on both accounts. Kiran rubbed his face a bit as he stood before them all.

"I thank you for understanding, I do intent to find my way while I am here. With your helping hand and guidance when needed I am more than sure that I won't fail here."

Kiran knew that he couldn't fail, he would exhaust all of his efforts to be the best individual that he could be.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Valkren Calderon"]

Jyoti pulled herself away from Kiran and gave everyone else a chance to speak their peace. Everyone seemed to be in unison with their responses, offering support instead of judgment. Just as it should be.

"No Kiran, thank you for trusting us enough to come forward. I know it couldn't have been easy. We will encourage you to try your best here, but don't allow yourself to be discouraged by any failings. That's just part of the learning experience."

She looked around again, thinking of something else to say. There was no other conflict that needed to be resolved, they all seemed on the same page with how they wanted to handle Kiran.

She looked back on him. "I suppose the next question at this time is, are you looking for a full-time Master, or just some counseling at the temple right now?"

[member="Kiran Arlos"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Valkren Calderon"]

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran glanced to Jyoti as she spoke and nodded his head in respect towards her as well as the rest of them that were present.

When she asked her next question that brought a small smile to Kiran's face. "I am ready to be trained as Jedi, I know there is much about the force I have to learn about." Kiran admired and respected all those that were present. And he knew that he if wanted to grow in strength with the force and learn patience,hope,peace and also the will to act anything he could learn from any of them would be incredibly valuable to him.

"I am ready."

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Valkren Calderon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom