Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMA: Factory Edition

@[member='Gilamar Skirata']

Gilamar Skirata said:
so if MandalMotors, a shipwright built a stadium for the upcoming bolo ball league and helped chart/build a hyperlane these would count as major projects?
Yes. I mean, if I were a shipwright, I would look into building my own planetary shipyards. But if you want to build a stadium, go for it, amigo. As long as the prerequisite two to three threads are there and they don't completely suck, it'll fly.

Gilamar Skirata said:
Also, could you explain why increasing revenue (I.e securing large deals etc.) with a company's subsidiary does not count for the father company? Doesn't it stand to reason that the revenue is going to the father company to be redistributed and said father company's factories or whatever they use would be the ones being used to produce said large deal? In other words, shouldn't subsidiaries be helping the father company grow as well as itself?
If you would like your company to increase in tier, you do things with your company. If you would like your subsidiary to increase in tier, you do things with that subsidiary. If you do not like having to grow the two separately, you should not have divided your company. If you don't like expanding the two separately, consider completely merging with your subsidiaries. Otherwise, it doesn't work like that.

I have an odd question.

Why are standard(non big project/tier advancement project) dev threads required to have two writers? The Force users can self train, so why is it not possible to do a innovative dev thread in the same manner? Its something I've been curious about for awhile.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Domino said:
[member="Særa Ayña Savan"] You always could, we just finally listed out the modifier for it.
No, I've been denied - TWICE - because of it in the past, and can link them... assuming I can remember their darn names and they weren't lost to the purge. Ironically, once by Ayden.

Q: I can resubmit those now?

So, I've been thinking of making a Saber crystal on one of my characters, and I was wondering a couple of things. Firstly, would it go under Tech? I'd assume so, but I would like to be sure. Second, would a dev thread making the Crystal be advisable?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
House Ak'lya said:
So, I've been thinking of making a Saber crystal on one of my characters, and I was wondering a couple of things. Firstly, would it go under Tech? I'd assume so, but I would like to be sure. Second, would a dev thread making the Crystal be advisable?
Not speaking officially or anything, but if it saves you any time, I was told it would and my old one did.

[member="Vulpesen"] - Possibly because the level of change required for something that is 'one-shot' denied would be so significant that it would no longer be the same thing at all? At any rate, submissions are not unilaterally denied on a whim or out of laziness. There is always a very good, very appropriate reason (or several reasons) as to why.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
Q: I just learned there's a difference between a vehicle's/fighter's laser cannon and a ship's laser cannon. What is the difference in scale between the two?

Q: Seeing as they are different, does this mean that I can pull down former submissions using "non-capital" scale weapons and increase the weapon count since I paid capital gun points for them?

Q: If so, what is the comparative value of the two? 2:1? Or something else?

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

You mean Lasers instead of Turbolasers? On the whole, they are typically valued as 2 roughly equals a Turbolaser regardless of if you put them on a starfighter or a capital ship. Any 'scale difference' is more or less glossed over for "standardization" as far as I've been able to tell.

Ashe the Reaper said:
No, I've been denied - TWICE - because of it in the past, and can link them... assuming I can remember their darn names and they weren't lost to the purge. Ironically, once by Ayden.

Q: I can resubmit those now?
Yes. Second chance those.

House Ak'lya said:
Tech, yes please make one. Also bear in mind that some of the more exotic effects have customarily been denied (stun/Ion damage, ect...) because they don't fit very well. That said, purely aesthetic mods are usually acceptable.

LaxKnight said:
I have a question. Say I want to make a powered glider or a speeder. Where would I submit those, starships or tech?
Tech.

Vulpesen said:
Why are some subs banned on one shot and others get a suggested overhaul, when the former can easily take the option of the latter?
Either like Ilias said and overhauling would effectively make it a new sub, or because the core concept behind the design is broken/unfair/silly/powering/meta/or some other reason. Judges also make judgement calls on working through these issues with writers. Newer or less experienced subbers might get more help than say... Someone that subs once or more a week and has a history of making broken subs and frustrating behavior.

Særa Ayña Savan said:
Q: I just learned there's a difference between a vehicle's/fighter's laser cannon and a ship's laser cannon. What is the difference in scale between the two?

Q: Seeing as they are different, does this mean that I can pull down former submissions using "non-capital" scale weapons and increase the weapon count since I paid capital gun points for them?

Q: If so, what is the comparative value of the two? 2:1? Or something else?
There is none, there does not need to be a cross and attempting to do so will just be confusing to all encountering the sub IC. (What do you mean these lasers are weaker than the other fighter's? They're all lasers! And I've got more making me stronger!)
No.
1:1

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"] @Vulpesen @LaxKnight @House Ak'lya [member="Ashe the Reaper"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Domino said:
There is none, there does not need to be a cross and attempting to do so will just be confusing to all encountering the sub IC. (What do you mean these lasers are weaker than the other fighter's? They're all lasers! And I've got more making me stronger!) No. 1:1
Then why was Ayden telling me that capital laser cannons/guns were stronger than other spacecraft's laser cannons/guns? If they're 1:1, they're the same...? I'd like to think Larraq's answer actually made a lot of sense.

Because when you said vehicle I thought you meant a ground vehicle like a Naboo speeder, not a fighter. Capital lasers are Turbolasers and are much more powerful by several orders of magnitude than a fighter's laser cannons. Check the how too guide for more information. [member="Ashe the Reaper"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Ah, okay, okay, thank you and sorry I didn't clarify that at first.

So basically, a turbolaser is like a heavy laser cannon, but is baseline on a big ship.

I have an item that I'll be modifying shortly due to this problem I witnessed, but on of the my items (The H.E.R.D. Laser), it would seem that not only me, but the Factory Judge, and the Roleplay Judge that approved the submission seemed to have missed that the phrik I put into it was illegal, because the objective I completed was incorrect. In fact, I completed a Cortosis objective. I don't want cortosis for this item, because I specifically wanted phrik for it.

Should I just do a phrik objective to make up for the mistake, and then modify it to have the link included in there?

Lastly, what is the general Factory Judge procedure when mistakes are made in the approval process?

Question, what are the chances of a grenade launching pistol and a grenade that uses the electrical might of 2 lightning bolts and a strange explosion amount being approved?

[member="Lord Tristan"] Not a judge, but that's pretty unlikely on first glance. First off, what would a grenade launching pistol be? A pistol with a grenade launcher on it, or just a mini-grenade launcher? Also, a grenade with the "might of 2 lightning bolts" isn't very specific, and probably over kill, considering most people die with one. Lastly what do you mean by "strange explosion amount"? Do you mean abnormally large for its payload, or in the way that its explodes that has something to do with its amount, etc?

My advice for making submissions that the Judges prefer to approve over other types of things, are story driven stuff, and cool concepts with realistic weaknesses. So upon further clarification for this hypothetical sub you've given me, let's say you want a miniaturized grenade launcher around the size of a pistol, that launches electrical grenades (which are probably canon, with Ion or EMP grenades, having a similar effect to an electrical attack) that has a really large "blast radius", and perhaps double the strength of an ordinary grenade of a similar variety. The immediate weaknesses that could be seen there, is that it can't have more than a few rounds (like three for example), it has really short range. Another weakness, or fall back, would be that due to the blast radius, there is a chance that the grenade might harm the user, so it has a short timer to give the shooter time to fall back after firing.

Something that's been thought out like that, is much more likely to be approved, than listing strengths of a weapon. Hope that helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom