Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Always Wear Protection (SJO)

Kiran Arlos

K
"Woah." Kiran said as he watched the blaster shot leave the weapon and hit the barrier as it seemed to just absorb into the barrier itself. While this was going on, Kiran felt a sense of calmness to himself. He felt it wasn't of his own design, but it did make him feel a whole lot better about the situation and just about learning the technique in general.

While the questioned was being answered, Kiran spoke up with his own. Which was quite similar to the others. "The barrier seems to have absorbed the blaster shot." Kiran in truth was thinking it was going to perhaps deflect it, but this was so much more better. And he wondered another thing just as the other Jedi had inquired about mixing the techniques, and he waited eagerly for the answer to come.

Jairdain Jairdain Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

After the barrier fell and it was clear to Jairdain that no further blasts were heading her direction, she lowered her hand. There was something in the Force though that told her to remain on guard. Asking her question, the first person to answer her was Reggie.

Listening to his observation and then question, she was quiet for a few moments. These few moments allowed Darlyn to answer for her. Waiting until he finished, she didn't mind that he had spoken up. While he might have come here to be a student, he was also able to speak his own opinion. Nodding in agreement, she waited until he was done before expanding on the answer.

"He is correct. To my knowledge, that isn't possible. The barrier as I have presented it is defensive only. As I mentioned before, as you each learn and practice, you can always find other uses for it. As for converting the energy or deflecting it back, it's not something I am aware of. In my own research, it's not been mentioned. That isn't to say it's entirely out of the question though. Combining techniques is very difficult and not something I suggest trying just yet."

Turning her attention to Okkeus as he spoke, she listened to his question. Shaking her head, she knew what he speaking about. It wasn't the barrier though.

"That's a different skill. Though also defensive and similar to this. No, the barrier is just that. Something to be used to keep yourself from getting hurt. Once it has taken too much damage, it will go away. That isn't saying you won't be able to find additional uses for it. We're still learning every day."

Giving him a smile, she hoped her answer was enough to satisfy him for now. When Kiran spoke up, he made the same observation Reggie had and she nodded.

"You're correct. A barrier absorbs the energy from pretty much anything. From lightsabers to blasters, sound even and debris. It will stop items from hitting you and absorb the energy from weapons."

Kiran Arlos Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare

Travelin’ the Stars
Okkeus listed as Master Jairdain answered his question. Apparently he was thinking of a different ability. Huh, he will have to check the archives later. Shifting his feet he listened to her answer another student's question. Apparently the barrier could block sound. He wondered how this could be used instead of just a shield.

Looking over at the asker, he saw it was a boy around the same age as him. He wondered if the boy was still a Padawan. Well, not many people are already a knight at this age. But it was always good to meet new people.

Jairdain Jairdain Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Kiran Arlos

"I would assume some things are easier for Barrier to repel. Evidently a strong enough blaster doesn't require all that much to break through, I would suspect a lightsaber would," There was a brief pause, as Darlyn's hand had drifted down to where normally he would've kept his lightsaber. It would be hard for some of them to notice such but certainly Jair would've noticed his fingers almost grasping at the empty air. "... Be able to break it with much more ease. I'd suspect something less focused like fire, or gas, would be much easier to hold back?"

He didn't mean to bombard Jair with questions alongside the others, but he was already feeling somewhat... desperate to escape the thought of his shattered saber. Anything would be preferable to consider at the moment, such as the lesson moving onto practical practice training, or a discussion on the other things that Jair believed to be easier to use Barrier against.

As he waited for Jair to continue, be it answering questions or the lesson itself, or the students to offer their thoughts again, his right hand drifted back up to his chest, curling in and clenching a fist tightly. His knuckles cracked softly, and he didn't move his gaze away from Jair for a second.

Jairdain Jairdain :|: Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei :|: Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova :|: Kiran Arlos :|: Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare

OBJECTIVE - Force Barrier

Where: In Class
Why: Attending Class
Wearing/Wielding: Fate & Robes
When: Time is ephemeral
With: Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Jairdain Jairdain Kiran Arlos Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare

Aurelion honed in his senses when Jairdain Jairdain erected her barrier, studying the construction of the Force intently as it absorbed and dispersed the blaster fire levied against it. This intrigued Aurelion and he would continue to study the barrier for as long as Jairdain sustained it, as much getting a feel for herself and her signature in the Force as he was feeling out how it was constructed. Aurelion's eye would flutter softly from the concentration and, once the barrier would drop, he would open his eye fully and listen passively to the discussion surrounding the technique.

Aurelion didn't know about this other technique they spoke about and CERTAINLY didn't know enough to even think about mixing Force abilities together, so he was rather lost in this conversation, but it was interesting to listen to nonetheless. After Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron spoke his mind Aurelion waited for Jairdain to respond before he would politely raise his hand, wait to be called upon, and would take a deep breathe. Juno and his mother would want him to pursue his learning as best he could so.... once Jairdain called on him he would speak.

"I umm.... I would like to volunteer to attempt the ability, please?"

It was obvious speaking up like this made Aurelion uncomfortable but the thin, elven boy braced his shoulders and raised his eye to Jairdain. Giving as resolute a nod as he could manage before he began to collect himself in the event she allowed him to try to create his own barrier.

Turning her attention to Darlyn when spoke up, she kept silent until he finished.

"The more powerful a source is, the easier it is to break the barrier. Also even if it a focused attack, the barrier will be able to withstand it. You know until it breaks."

Her comment might seem to not be entirely serious, but it was meant to be. This was just a lame attempt of hers to throw a bit of humor into the lesson.

"As all of you learn and grow in your personal knowledge, not just of the barrier but other skills as well. You might be able to use different techniques at the same time. All this takes is focus. If you have enough focus and strength, then, in theory, you can hold the barrier indefinitely. It's not something I can do for a long period of time."

Time and how long she meant might be perspective based. To her, a long period of time could be hours. To another person, it might only be a few minutes.

Once she felt she had answered and addressed the questions asked, one of the students volunteered to be the first to try the barrier. Nodding, she moved to pick up one of the blasters that was laying on the ground.

"If you would please take the spot I had moments ago. This way if the shot goes awry, nobody else will get hit."

Having a blind woman actually fire might be unheard of by some people. However, Jairdain had some training with shooting.

"Do you want to practice first?"

Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Kiran Arlos

Reggie's question was answered to satisfaction by Darlyn. He saw the point that was made, though he thought it would still be good to try to mix the techniques at some point. Being able to do that with different techniques was a way to see how much one knew about their abilities, or atleast that's how Reggie saw it. It would be a good way to gauge is progress. Besides, while combining such techniques may only be used in a dire situation, it was still something in his arsenal. Whether it was possible or not, he would find out another time.

Reggie was going to try his hand at using the ability until Aurelion volunteered to try first. Considering how nervous his fellow Padawan seemed, Reggie was surprised. "You got this Aurelion." Reggie's words were sincere and, hopefully, encouraging. A little moral support can go a long way. If his fellow Padawan looked his way, he would see a smile on Reggie's face.

Jairdain Jairdain | Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron | Kiran Arlos | Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom