Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Always Wear Protection (SJO)

b6a0aa2b495135f09d4707c4358d4392.jpg

There were a few skills that Jairdain used on a regular basis and it seemed they just weren't taught on a regular basis. This was was just one of them. Setting out a message on the bulletin board for a day, time, and location, she went about getting her lesson in order.

If anybody looked at the notice, they would see it would be a class on the barrier.

Her plans for this one were a little different than what she normally did. Preparation really didn't take as long as she expected and soon enough she was in the location she had arranged for this class. Instead of it being held inside a stuffy classroom, this was going to be outside. In fact, it was going to be held in plain sight for anybody to watch. Not that she had ever prevented that from happening before. It was just rare that she had more than the students show up. Setting up on the beach that was within walking distance of the Temple, she appeared to look out across the water for just a moment.

She didn't even set up any barriers to prevent passersby from getting hurt. Then again, it wasn't often that shots missed especially if they were close range. Hoping there wasn't going to be a need for physical barriers, she put down on the ground a carrier she had with her.

Starting to remove the items that were inside, there were a few different types of blasters and several other items. This way the students would have their pick of them and decide which they were most comfortable with. Once she finished, Jairdain took a seat on a bench that was shaded by a nearby tree to wait.

Last edited:
There is always opportunity to learn something new. Even though I am technically a Knight, practice is always good. After seeing the class posted, I decided to check it out. This class was different though. Not held inside of a classroom, but outside. I liked this change of scenery, literally.

Walking up to the wooden deck, I saw the instructor standing there. She looked at me, and I smiled. My shoes clomped against the wooden floor.

“Hey, my name is Okkeus.”

I stood there, waiting for her reply.

Jairdain Jairdain

OBJECTIVE - Shields Up!

Where: Whatever planet this class is on.
Why: To learn!
Wearing/Wielding: Fate & Robes
When: Around Mid-Day?
With: Jairdain Jairdain Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Aurelion sheepishly scampered up the training area with a flyer in hand and an inquisitive blink to his single eye as he saw the familiar form of Okkeus walk into the clearing just ahead of him. Aurelion was both intrigued, impressed and mildly anxious about trying to utilize Force Barrier so seeing a familiar face he had practiced with before was a great relief. Okkeus seemed a good person, after all, if conflicted and Aurelion was always happy to grow more familiar with good people.

As Aurelion shuffled up next to Okkeus, hearing him introduce himself in his usual casual manner to the woman who would be teaching them, Aurelion gave an inquisitive tilt of his head as he looked at this woman. His long, pointed ears twitching and swiveling much like a bunny rabbit's would as he realized he didn't quite recognize her. Aurelion gave a small, awkward wave to Okkeus before turning back to Jairdain and bowed to her. "Hello umm... it's nice to meet you Master. My name is Aurelion." He sheepishly shrugged his shoulders and glanced at Okkeus as he brought himself back to a straight posture. "I..... I will admit I'm not... as skilled as Okkeus but I'm here to learn all the same!"

Aurelion would then lace his hands behind his back, widen his stance, and draw in a calming breathe as he closed his eye. Mentally preparing himself as just how different he and Okkeus were, how much they contrasted, was lost on Aurelion. Though perhaps Jairdain would find it amusing?

Learning and gaining experience was the best way to grow as a person, so Reggie wasn't going to miss this opportunity to learn from one of the most influential mentors he has met in his life. It couldn't have been a better time either. Reggie would soon be going to see his parents, and he never knew how long he would take getting back. One other thing was that this class that was being taught would help him improve upon his way of doing battle, being a Jedi of defensive capabilities over offensive. Despite the experience he has gained over the years, Reggie still had much to learn, and would continue to learn even if he became a Master some day.

The Padawan arrived on the deck and waited patiently for the two that came before him to have their chance to greet Jairdain. The two that came before must of known each other going off of what the younger one was saying, who's name was apparently Aurelion. "No worries Aurelion, we're all here to learn. The difference in our skill doesn't matter much here, but it's our willingness to learn that's important." He gave a smile to his, he assumed to be, younger peer in greeting. Then he looked over at Okkeus and gave a nod. Reggie then bowed to Jairdain, happy to see his mentor. "It's nice to see you again Master Jairdain."

Jairdain Jairdain | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova

When she sensed what she hoped was a student approaching, Jairdain stood up and faced him. Soon enough the sensation of approach was greeted with the sound of his shoes hitting the deck. Giving him a welcoming smile, she motioned to one of the various benches around them.

"Welcome, Okkeus. I am Jairdain Ismet. It is a pleasure to meet you. Please take a seat as I feel there will be a few more people showing up. Once they are here, I'll start the lesson."

As she finished speaking, a second Padawan showed up and introduced himself. Smiling when he admitted he wasn't as skilled as Okkeus, it was something she understood totally.

Nodding, she again motioned to the benches and introduced herself again.

"Aurelion, each of us has our own strengths and weaknesses. Even I have them and I'm a Master."

Lightly touching her lightsaber hilt, she did not unclip it. Just made the small motion to catch their attention.

"At my hip, this lightsaber really isn't much more than a decoration. Just having it though indicates a great deal of information. This isn't why we are here though. The barrier is a very useful skill to have and that is why we are here."

Noticing the approach of one more person, she hardly needed to turn her attention to him to know who it was. Reggie was a young man she had interacted with several times and quite often he came to her classes. She had never offered to be his master, but maybe she would after this.

"Hello, my friend. Come and join us, Reggie."

Nodding when he bowed, she walked over to him and handed him the blaster she had been holding onto. Placing it in his hand, she moved away from where the others sat. Addressing each of them, she held out one of her hands. If they looked, they would notice there was a barrier around it.

"This is called the Force Barrier and it has a great many uses. Mostly in a defensive manner and that is what I will be guiding you through today. Reggie, please fire that blaster at me and observe what happens around me. Unless any of you have questions yet, I'm going to have him shoot at me."

Depending on if they did, she would turn to face her old friend and wait for the shot to come.

Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran had a rather easily mentality when it came to training. If he could better himself with it, than he would do it. He had heard the phrase all to many times that it was never to late to learn. And he even heard that being spoken to older Jedi and even just soldiers and civilians in general. Kiran was never one to shy away from learning more things or even admitting when he needed help. And there wasn't a time that came since he joined the Silvers where they didn't' want to help him. He was grateful to be a part of this group of Jedi, and that just meant for him that he had to return the favor and work just as hard to make sure he didn't let them down.

The Jedi Padawan arrived at the meeting just as Master Jairdain Jairdain began to discuss the purpose of the training and learned the the skill to be worked on was the force barrier. It was something that Kiran hadn't attempted before, so he was really eager to learn and hone this new ability. Kiran glanced to the individual she volunteered and he watched on as she had instructed him to take a shot at her.

Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

It wasn't often that Darlyn went anywhere off world, especially to the Rest on Kashyyyk. It wasn't that he hated it, or felt uncomfortable doing it, but that he knew his presence would make someone, somewhere uncomfortable. The Light in him wasn't absent, but it was dim, extremely so, and overshadowed by the shadows that had been created and grown over the years. Yes, the Dark Jedi was aware that there were those within the Silver order that accepted the Dark, even used it to further their goals. But it was one thing to use the Dark side, and another to have embraced it as he had, though he'd yet to be consumed by it thanks to the connections he had formed.

He felt the sun against his skin, and the black tunic and robes around him absorbing the warmth of the light glaring down on them all. Sith robes in a Jedi temple, only to further segregate himself from them, these were the choices that he spent hours considering. Naturally he couldn't come in a suit, and yet somehow that would've felt more in place here. More so as he made his way to the assembled group, comprising mostly of padawans, unsurprisingly. Of course that meant his vastly more rooted presence would stick out if they were paying attention, hopefully they wouldn't startle.

He didn't really speak as he joined them, opting to let Jairdain Jairdain speak without interruption as he watched quietly. He took note of the blasters on the ground, and hummed to himself, thinking. This was a class to learn to defend one's self with the Force, and clearly she intended to have them use the weapons in the process of teaching the power, and perhaps that meant on one another. "Only one, do I have to use one of them when we get the show rolling or can I stick with my own?"

Kiran Arlos :|: Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei :|: Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare :|: Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova

Reggie didn't exactly know what was coming next when Jairdain handed him the blaster she was holding, but he accepted it non-the-less and examined the piece quickly. When he looked up, he saw Jair's hand up and saw the barrier that appeared through the force, which gave him an idea on why she gave the padawan the blaster.

Reggie didn't like the idea of shooting his mentor, but the fact that she's the one that asked him to do it meant that he should trust in Jair's judgement. He took aim and was about to pull the trigger until he felt an unusual presence arriving. He pointed the blaster towards the ground, not trying to act hastily. Reggie looked towards the newcomer. Sith robes? Well this was interesting. Considering the man was here and wasn't on guard, at least not to the extent one would be when walking around in sith robes, he must have been given permission to be here and wasn't of any danger. He gave the man a genuine smile, but there was also a look of curiosity in his eyes. Reggie was always someone who wanted answers to things that peaked his curiosity, it was just who he was.

The padawan looked towards Jairdain as the man asked if he could use his own blaster. He was waiting for her to give him the go ahead to continuing the lesson, giving her the chance to answer the mans question before continuing.

Jairdain Jairdain | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron | Kiran Arlos | Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova

Making note of Kiran arriving, she gave him a slight nod and turned her attention back to Reggie. She was pleased to have somebody she trusted here to learn from and work with her. Of course, just a moment or two after handing him the blaster, another familiar presence appeared. Jairdain was entirely surprised Darlyn had come here. Not that she could, would, or even wanted to stop him. It had been quite a long time since they saw each other last.

Giving him almost as large of a smile as she had Reggie, she listened to his question and nodded.

"When we actually get the show rolling, as you put it, yes, I would request you use the blasters I have provided. However, I will allow you to use yours on me. Also, please wait until Reggie has had the opportunity to fire first."

That was a compromise she hoped he would accept. It kept all of the students on equal grounds and nothing was overtly stronger than what another one picked.

Feeling the surprise and shock of some of the people around her, she would attempt to reassure them with a wave of a hand.

"The manner in which I was taught this skill was much more difficult than how I am teaching you. Back then, it was learning to use it or die. Now there is something to understand about a barrier. It is not something that will last indefinitely. Much like a shield, if it takes too many hits, then it fails. As you all learn how best to utilize it, it will become stronger. But remember, it will fail if it takes too much abuse."

Turning her attention to her friend, Jairdain had addressed Darlyn's question and provided the students with additional information.

Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Kiran Arlos Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova

Last edited:

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran couldn't be be slightly nervous, while he knew more than anything that Jairdain Jairdain wouldn't have requested someone shoot her if she wasn't very skilled at the ability.

Still....

It was then that another individual showed up, and Master Jairdain seemed to know him. Kiran didn't catch on to his appearance right away as he was glancing from the blaster that Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare held and back to Master Jairdain.

When she explained the basics of the ability Kiran made sure he listened closely. This was a ability that he was very eager to learn and would definitely put his best effort in to master this skill. It seemed as if all options had failed you had the barrier left to protect you. As she stated, the they each would best utilize it, the better and stronger it is.

Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron

The way that Jairdain explained the ability made sense. The barrier had a certain amount of hits that it could take, which was dependent on how much a force user trained the ability. Individuals who use the ability and are put in more dire circumstances are bound to be more proficient than than others. Apparently, Jairdain was one who trained under dire circumstances. Reggie put that thought aside though, and decided that it was probably a good idea to do what was asked of him so that the lesson could continue.

"Alright, i'm going to fire the blaster now." While he was sure that it was unnecessary, Reggie gave a warning to what he was about to do. It's better to be safe than sorry after all. The Padawan brought the blaster back up, aimed at Jairdain, and fired the weapon. The movement was quick and his accuracy was on point. Now it was time to see how the barrier would react to the blaster bolt.

Jairdain Jairdain | Kiran Arlos | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova | Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron

Even though she had tried to reassure the students around her, Jairdain still picked up on the nervousness of some of them. Centered on Kiran for a moment would be a comforting sensation. Just something to hopefully help him to relax enough to pay attention and not worry too much about what was about to happen.

Giving his warning, Reggie fired his shot at her. Around all of her body, not just her hand would appear the brief shimmering of a bubble that went away quickly. The energy of the blast hit quite solidly and appeared to just fall into the barrier and dissipate.

"Another way your barrier might fail is if you lose focus and concentration. So while you are learning, I suggest you attempt to not allow that to happen. Now while we are here today, I will be doing just that while you practice. Now before you all pick up those blasters on the ground, I would like you to close your eyes and watch me through the Force. See how I create mine and then try to do accomplish it on your own. Reggie, I'll take that blaster back please."

Holding out her hand to take it from him, she put it one of the many pockets she had in clothing and turned to Darlyn.

"If you wish to still fire your blaster at me, you are welcome to."

Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Kiran Arlos Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron

Darlyn watched the blaster shot as it cascaded into the barrier produced by Jairdain Jairdain , easily so it seemed. He had before held little doubt that the shot would be stopped, Jair was not one to hold herself above what she was already capable of and believe herself better, at least from his experience. She wouldn't have had the boy Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare shoot at her if she was not confident she could stop the shot. The others seemed impressed by this, but knowing what he did about the capabilities of the Force this was less impressive for the dark Jedi.

She turned to him then, welcoming him to take a shot of his own. Was that, he dared to hope he could hear something of a playful challenge in her voice, whether there or not the idea was enough to give him just the shadow of a smile. "Well when you put it that way, ner burc'ya <My Friend>, how can I resist?" The switch to Mando'a and back was becoming a natural thing for him, and just as smooth was the quick draw of his custom blaster. The modified DL-18 leveled at Jair, and after a moment, he flicked his thumb against a button on the side. The second barrel under the primary seemed to hum to life, as he held it there a moment in thought, eyes shut.

And then, he decided against using the more powerful sonic blaster, clicking it again before quickly firing two shots. One towards her shoulder, and one towards her leg. Both would have, in normal circumstances, been disabling shots from the beefed weapon. He was eager to see if Jair was able to block them both.

It also meant they had a much better chance of catching how Jair made the barrier, such a helpful student wasn't he?

Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova :|: Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei :|: Kiran Arlos

My eyes followed the beam of energy as it left to weapon. It deflected gracefully off of Jardain's barrier. Unfazed, she began to talk with the new arrival. After some playful talk back and forth between them, he lifted his blaster to fire more shots at Jairdain. This time, my eyes focused on her hand, not the blaster.

Behind me, I heard the blaster fire. My eyes stayed glued to her hand. How did she create the barrier?

Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Jairdain Jairdain Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova Kiran Arlos

OBJECTIVE - Learn Force Barrier

Where: Kashyyyk - SIlver Rest
Why: Learning
Wearing/Wielding: Fate & Robes
When: Class Time
With: Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Jairdain Jairdain Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Kiran Arlos

As other arrived to join the class Aurelion couldn't help a sense of trepidation from seeping through him, an anxiousness about performing in front of others that, though lessened than what it was before, still left him with an anxious pang of pain in his stomach. Each and every other student who entered the lesson he could feel through the Force and they were all wonderful in their own ways. Each having their own distinct signature and presence that made Aurelion smile to himself, even the dark-consumed Light of Darlyn making him tilt his head curiously. Though he otherwise was happy to see someone else who was willing to learn, he could only imagine how Kashyyyk sounded to him through the Force.

As Jair informed the class that Reggie would be shooting Aurelion was almost surprised, or perhaps it's more accurate to say he WOULD have been surprised at the beginning of his training, but after training with his own Master for so long..... he simply took the example in stride. He nodded along as Jair explained for them that they would be doing the same and for them to reach out and feel her construction of the barrier through the Force. Aurelion knelt, took a fortifying breathe, and closed his eyes as he cast his senses forth.

Jair was, in a word, beautiful through the Force. She was like a Sun made of ice-chips, a radiant crystal of light and warmth with just the softest touch of cool and professional to do what must be done. She was similar, in a way, to his own Master. If the 'opposite side of the coin' to Juno herself. Aurelion nonetheless exhaled a breathe as he studied Jair through the Force, the touch and 'gaze' of his sense intimate and friendly to the Master who had agreed to train them. Finding her presence soothing and wonderful in a refreshing way.

The feat was now easy for Jairdain to accomplish, but even she understood the weaknesses inherent in the skill. In a way, it was the last line of defense for a person to use. Even still, it was something every Force user should know and understand. Turning to Darlyn, she kept her smile in place, she really was happy he showed up for this.

When he leveled his blaster at her, she heard the hum of a stronger setting and suddenly was worried she might not be able to block. Almost sensing his thought, she let out a mental sigh of relief when the humming went away. Watching him through the Force, the slight changing of angle indicated there would be more than one shot fired at her.

In less time than it took for a heart to beat, there was a thicker barrier up around her entire body. Not just her hand like before. Because of all the practice she had using this skill in battle, she was able to give it more focus and because of this, it had more strength. Although she had a stronger barrier up this time, his second blast did kill it.

Lifting a hand up, just in case he fired a third, she was prepared to deflect it in a different manner. Luckily, it was just the two her and she lowered it quickly. As if this was something she planned, Jairdain turned back to the class after giving Darlyn a thankful look.

"Were you all able to see how that went through the Force?"

Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Kiran Arlos

The barrier reacted differently than how Reggie thought it would. Instead of bouncing off the barrier, the blaster bolt seemed to be absorbed by the barrier. Now he wondered if the energy from that blast could be converted and used by the barrier, and if that was possible, would it make it difficult to maintain the barrier itself? These would be questions for later in the lesson.

Reggie returned the blaster to Jairdain as she asked and looked to Darlyn as he drew his own blaster on Jair. At first, the Padawan was worried that the man would take his testing a little too far. It was obvious that the blaster could pack a punch, but was there truly a need to see if the barrier could withstand its power? Would it be worth it if things went bad? He put those thoughts aside as Darlyn seemed o switch to a less powerful level for the blaster. Reggie was sure that Jairdain could handle it either way, but he didn't want to see a training mishap to occur.

As the shots hit their target, Reggie began to think that his worry was understandable. Some of the others may not have noticed, especially since Jairdain skillfully made it seem like she dropped the barrier, but Reggie being the observant person he was noticed that the second shot was enough to take out the barrier. He also noticed the Jair raised her hand, maybe in case a third shot came and she had to use another method like tutaminis or something of the like. While it contributed to the lesson, Reggie didn't like the danger that was apparent in that experiment. Reggie went to answer Jairdain's question

"It seemed as though the barrier absorbed the impact of the shots instead of deflecting them away. Does force barrier have the capability to absorb energy sources and increase it's own strength from doing so?"

Jairdain Jairdain | Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron | Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Kiran Arlos

Darlyn had a small sort of satisfied look on his face when the barrier broke, like he was glad that it actually had managed as much without needing to be powered up further. A small victory, to be sure, but one that he would relish in all the same. With his little task and experiment finished, he casually spun the blaster around, and holstered the weapon at his side. The smug little grin he had didn't fade in the slightest when the first student to speak up asked on the barrier being able to absorb the shots and empower itself from them. Though he had little experience in the ability, he felt a small compulsion to respond to him with his own thoughts before Jairdain had a chance to respond.

"I would doubt it, energy absorption tends to be its own technique more in line with something like tutaminis. Mixing techniques like that might be possible but I would seriously doubt Barrier would be capable of doing that itself. Furthermore something like this tends to be an 'oh chit' button, I've never seen anyone, jedi or sith, who relied on it. Generally we prefer to not get hit, or wear several inches of thick steel instead. At least from my experience. Would I happen to be right on that Jair?"

He glanced at the others quietly, taking in their expressions. Did any of them find it odd that he was here and so willing to give his own thoughts on the matter, despite not being the teacher, or speaking so casually to her? They hadn't been great friends by any means, but the idea of calling her... calling anyone 'Master', made his stomach churn in a most violent way. All he could do in response was remain casual as ever, even if the padawans found it rude and insulting.

At the same time as he watched the others for reactions, he thought on what he himself had seen, the construction of the Barrier in the Force. She had certainly put more into it, that much he could tell, but that only helped him better visualize the flow of the Force through her. Admittedly, he was eager to try it, though he had a suspicion that it would somehow prove more difficult than almost anything he had done before. Almost anything.

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei :|: Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova :|: Kiran Arlos :|: Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare :|: Jairdain Jairdain

My head turned toward Daryln as he spoke about the barrier. It was a little odd that he was giving input, especially since it wasn't his class. Oh well, not my place to judge. I was intrigued though about Darlyn's comment on mixing techniques. Curious, I chimed in. Semi-raising my hand I began to ask.

"Is it possible to mix techniques with this? I have heard about a power, absorb was it? Anyway, could you absorb the energy from the blaster bolt and the redirect the energy in the barrier?"

Putting my hand down I began to feel a little dumb for asking. This wasn't a class about combing techniques, Okkeus. This was about force barrier. Sinking my shoulders a little I waited for either of them to answer.

Jairdain Jairdain Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Kiran Arlos Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom