Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alliance's Vengeance [GA/ME Myrkr Skirmish OOC]

Riggs

R
R4VXJ.gif

I'm ready

[member="Rex Taff"], awesome. I too have a few things I've been meaning to try out.

Where would you like to do it? And roughly how large of unit would you like to use? (I don't want to come in with an army of thousands if you come in with a platoon, etc).

Rex Taff said:
I would be happy to if you can make it through the jungle. Bandor Kre'fey

I landed the Purity of Thunder right outside the city (by that, I mean within several blocks of the city) specifically to get into action with [member="Skosk Fett"]a bit quicker, but I'll have something up for you guys tonight.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Bandor Kre'fey"]
Sorry I was having a bad morning.
Just to make sure everyone is clear all comm frequencies are being jammed. We are using these two in lieu of comms. As they are equipped with non-standard sensors and comms. My sincerest apologies really woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
Here are the two Sub just to clarify it.
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/125899-mandalbioeng-mbe-1-digital-yammosk-cc-suite
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/126012-mandalbioeng-mbe-2-digital-villip-comms-and-sensor-suite/
Again apologies for any confusion I may have caused.

[member="Rex Taff"], no worries. It's possible for me to miss things.

As far as the jamming is concerned, in-character Kre'fey doesn't know about the use of those technologies. So out-of-character, I'm not expecting my jamming to do much; it's just a logical thing for him to try IC.

As far as being jammed, I do see that most of the ships in orbit have frequency jammers. Jammers are not always 100% effective though in all circumstances (the wookiee page mentions this in the last sentence). This is in large part due to three factors: relative power of the transmitter, location, and distance. As an analogy, think about going with a friend to a rock concert with loud speakers. The sound is going to be overwhelming and will block out a lot of talking, but if you're right next to him or away from the stage, you might be able to get words across. This will become easier and easier the further away from the stage that you are.

From my perspective, that's what's going on with Kre'fey and the Thunder. Those jamming sources are in orbit. In terms of power, they're probably equivalent to Thunder's comm systems. But the Thunder is on the ground probably within a kilometer or two from Kre'fey, whereas the Mando warships are probably at least several hundred kilometers away in space (Earth's atmosphere is 480 km thick, for the record).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom