Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alliance Command: 01

(This is higher paced thread set within the briefing room aboard the Chimaera. Short post lengths are expected and encouraged.)

"Alright," Cedric snapped a finger to bring the holoterminal at the center of the room to life. "It's time to get to planning. We've received a larger influx of recruits than expected, and the mothballed fleets over Meridies are nearly operational once again. Our flotilla has already begun to rally over the world of Gree, whose inhabitants are begrudgingly sympathetic to our cause. They dislike outsiders, but they hate imperials even more."

The holoterminal flickered with a wave of Cedric's hand, producing an image of the rebel fleet. "I say we get on the offensive before we get hit for what we did on Jaminere. Thoughts?"

Lyra was half listening to Cedric's words, merely tapping away at some sort of laptop with some caf in a mug next to her, she looked exhausted as if she had been pulling multiple all nighters. These ships hadn't been used in decades, and getting them all working, and functioning with modern equipment was a serious pain. Not to mention Lyra had to start mass producing bootleg DC-1As to get everything hooked up to the bootleg D-TEK network reverse engineered from the equipment she had available. This system was designed to be unhackable, it was no simple feat.

"Fleet is just about ready, getting all these random computer systems to talk to each other was a pain but I think i came up with a solution. As for invasion plans im not much of a strategist but after Jaminere we need to make a big impact. We aren't at this to hold territory, we are at this to win hearts and minds. No rebellion will succeed without the will of the people. We need to either show the people the sith empire's crimes and atrocities, or get them riled up some other way. If the people start fighting back we have done our job."

Cenric was there of course, though once again he remained still and silent.

As far as he was concerned pretty much anything he thought about all of this wasn't really worth mentioning. He was still learning the ropes, and although he had fought well enough on Janimere he was just a padawan. That was his concern anyway.

Cedric had wanted him to be here though, if only to watch and learn.

Thus he leaned against the wall in the back of the room, relaxing with his arms crossed.

The screwdriver resolve the energy leaking his droid had "I already repaired and replace any resource i used on Jaminere, and i will aid you with the Sith. Alhough i think that my name will have to stay hidden from the company records, to stop any attack at my current facilities" his knee still hurt but he got out in best shape compared to others. He place the droid on his forearm and the tool on the table "My little industry will provide whatever resources i can spare"

@[member='Cedric Grayson']

"Glad to hear you're at full working order. I figure all your new tech will find plenty of use again very soon," Cedric gave [member="Solonariwan Tofusin"] a nod.

"We don't have the ships to take on the empire directly. It just isn't realistic. We'll need to focus on starfighter tactics in the void," he paused, "Though even with what little we do have, we can still make an impact."

The knight's gaze flickered to his padawan: [member="Cenric Marus"].

"Cenric," the knight shifted his hand once again, replacing the image of the fleet with a map of Sith space. "What do you think would make the best target?"

[member="Lyra Sarn"]

[member="Cedric Grayson"]

For a moment he didn't say anything, just glanced at the map.

"Wherever they least expect?" The answer was about as obvious as could be but it was all he could really think of. Cenric wasn't versed in military strategy...at all. This wasn't his place, not yet anyway. A shrug rolled over his shoulder.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Noah sighed as he finished off the filtered cigar he had been smoking and lit up another after stubbing out the old one on the forearm of his armor. "Kids got a point. It's a tried and true method to attack the enemy where they least expect it. We'll have to use shock and awe though and move fast. The more we are at the spot we attack the more time they will have to prepare a counterattack." With this in mind Noah began to run through possible targets and attack plans in his head.

Good.

"I was thinking along those same lines," Cedric agreed, nodding approvingly at the padawan. He paused as Noah spoke, and found himself more or less agreeing with the veteran.

"The Sith are confident, and they have reason to be. Their empire has grown exponentially, and more importantly, nearly unopposed aside from the efforts of a radical group in old Silver space. They haven't faced an organized military threat since their reemergence."

The knight cracked a grin, "I doubt they'd ever expect for a rebel cell to strike at the heart of their empire..."

He waved a hand, and the holomap zoomed in on a small cluster of worlds.

"Here," he gestured to Dubrillon, "And here," another gesture toward Echol'ya. "We hit them fast, we hit them hard. They have us in space, but if we can gain ground control before their SSDs blow our cruisers to bits, we have a chance."

[member="Noah Corek"], [member="Cenric Marus"], [member="Solonariwan Tofusin"], [member="Lyra Sarn"]

"We dont care about what the Sith least expect, we need to leave an impression on the people. At its core this is a propaganda war, we aren't fighting for territory or the fear of the leadership, we need to fight a war in heart of the common man. Every heart we sway is a victory. We need to fight for views, not kills, and foor shares, not territory. We need to use every tool at our disposal to get our message across and clear: The sith are filthy liars." She took a sip of her caf before continuing.

"We need to be big, loud, and make a big fuss, the more heavy handed the sith response, the more easily we can spin our message. Even if we lose a battle, some nice well edited footage of the sith blowing up life pods or beating surrendering troops will be all we really need. The next day it will be all over the holonet." She pulled up a holoprojector and threw it on the table, it started scrolling through the holonet chatter from Jaminere, it was mixed but there were those that were on the rebels side.

"The more of the "Damn rebels" messages we can turn into "Damn Sith" messages, the closer we are to finally ending this. The bigger fuss we make, the closer we are to victory. It isn't neccissarily a nice way of looking at people, but we have no other choice, we need to manipulate the masses if we want to succeed."

Ari Vox

I thought this was America, huh?!
"The power base for their Empire needs to be hit the hardest. Cutting off or at least limiting supplies to frontline worlds would have a beneficial outcome in future battles," Ari stepped away from the wall she had been leaning and made a gesture at one of the dots on the map. "Jaemus, Bescane, foundations of their fleets would be a fitting place to start. Even if our attacks are unsuccessful, sparking revolution anywhere is a threat to tyranny everywhere, and we can sabotage as much of the factories as we can if we do in fact need to retreat,"

She stepped back once more and casually shrugged her shoulders, nursing a mug of brown liquid she had received from Lyra. "As well, targetting general infrastructure and consumer industry can have both negative and positive effects. The Sith have arguably the most powerful propaganda machine ever built, any step we make forward can be distorted for their own purpose. Freeing up their stranglehold on news and content within their area of control should be a goal of ours in general,"

"If we are going to attack Sith Worlds, we need to do it the stealth way. We hide squads of rebels, each one with another ID to avoid recognition. Strike when they least expect it towards their most important buildings, apart from the Spaceport of the main city. We need to secure transport without them knowing" he take a look at the proyection of the map, and meditate for a moment before speaking "We should start with Dubrillion, their fleet in Bastion will be the first to engage. When they drop from hyperspace and land their army, our main fleet drops to engage them when they are distracted. We destroy their cruisers, proceed to take out their fighters, get our men out" Solon knew it was more difficult, as they would also need to control their communication facilty. If they couldnt reach the main fleet in time, the Sith would take the squads out. If the army drop from hyperspace early, both fleet would start fighting, leaving no chance to the squads to retreat

[member='Cedric Grayson'] [member='Ari Vox'] [member='Lyra Sarn']

Avoim was standing in the briefing room of the Chimera, wearing his usual Jedi Robes, listening to what Cedric said about the fleets above Meridies being ready, his own ship the Tython’s Hope was recently finished with its repair and refits from its hundred years of being abandoned and essentially mothballed, that ship hung in the blackness of space near the Chimera. As he listened to the man speaking, he could not help but wonder what his plans for the future were. Everyone assembled seemed to have something to say, a change to the plans or modifications to other changes, it was rather hectic in some ways.

Whilst I agree with the propaganda warfare idea, we do need to do actual damage to the Sith forces, perhaps a two-pronged attack? Find one of their more profitable mining planets or facility, infiltrate it and see the how the work forces are treated, if there is abuse try to get footage of it and release it to the holonet, use that then as justification of an attack on the base, a liberation mission as it were.” Avoim then filled up a cup of caf from the nearby machine and added the usual additives to it before taking a sip.

“Kriffing hell that’s hot…” He would say as he burned the tip of his tongue a bit, before continuing “Once we do that, we record the battle for any warcrimes committed by them, manufacturing them a bit if need be. If we are able of taking the upperhand in any space battles we can try to capture some of their ships, add that to the footage and it will show that the Sith are nowhere near as powerful as the rest of the Galaxy likes to think it is. What do you all say?

Avoim then opened his eyes that he had shut at some point, looking at everyone collected. He wanted to hear their opinions on his battle plan, in his mind it seemed like a logical next step that accomplishes at least three different potential goals.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Cedric Grayson"] - [member="Lyra Sarn"] - [member="Cenric Marus"] - [member="Ari Vox"] - [member="Solonariwan Tofusin"] - [member="Avoim Oeymo"]

"Why don't we do both?" It was a simple answer but maybe not so much a simple fix. "Ari and Lyra are both right. We need to hit the Imps where it hurts, their military structure, the power structure and the manufacturing centers. That's the best way to: 1. Take as a actual threat and 2. Begin to dismantle their power. But at the same time if we hit these targets and forgo helping the civilians we'll never gain any actual headway."

Another cigar was lit and a few puffs were taken and it was set down for a few seconds. "The solution is simple...we attack a target in a area with a heavy civilian population."

"I don't know how well that would go Noah. Civilians tend to die when people start shooting outside of their houses," came Cedric's response with a snicker.

He looked to Avoim. "Sounds worthwhile. We should get a team on some recon work. Might give us some good propaganda pieces."

"Still, these are all solid points," the knight's brow furrowed. "It sounds more like we need to prepare for a campaign, one that I'm pretty sure is going to be rather long. To do that, we'll have to prepare," he paused as he delved into his thoughts. The solution came quickly.

"So Dubrillon then," Cedric cracked a thin smile, "It fits our general criteria: at the heart of their empire, militarily significant, a port of trade. We strike there, and the Sith will lose their stranglehold over the people. A loss next to their capital will shatter their morale."

Or embolden it.

[member="Noah Corek"], [member="Avoim Oeymo"], [member="Solonariwan Tofusin"], [member="Ari Vox"], [member="Lyra Sarn"], [member="Cenric Marus"]

The Jedi Master listened to what the new comer said and resisted the urge to use the Force to slam him into a wall and threaten him. He however shot the man a glance that showed his disdain for the idea of attacking a place where civilians could end up targets. Avoim then turned his attention to listening to Cedric, the man seemed to like Avoim’s idea that he had brought up regarding the two-pronged attack, the whole attack and use it as propaganda either-way. Avoim smiled a bit and tipped his head and his still hot coffee towards the man.

Next comes deciding who to send on the recon team, I could do it but I also need to make some final preparations on the Hope as well as the 212th, and my droid is being repaired but if those are all finished or I can leave them in capable hands I could lead a recon group into Dubrillon and see about making things a bit easier for us, since this was my plan afterall.” Avoim then took a small sip of the caf, wondering if the planet had any decent tapcaf’s on it to visit…

[member="Cedric Grayson"] [member="Noah Corek"]

"Since you're volunterring, the recon mission is yours."

Cedric gave Avoim a confident nod. "Assemble yourself a team for it. Keep it small," he gestured all around. "Any other volunteers that want to run with Master Oeymo to Dubrillon?"

[member="Avoim Oeymo"], [member="Noah Corek"], [member="Solonariwan Tofusin"], [member="Ari Vox"], [member="Lyra Sarn"], [member="Cenric Marus"]

"I will go with [member="Avoim Oeymo"] and the squad" he needed to prove his worth and he knew that his inventions would be the difference between saving his allies or returning with that discusting feeling he had after returning from Jaminere. Every soldier had their own story or nightmare to tell "We are going to need crates invisible to radars or a good smuggler" although good didnt meant they had any honor and wouldnt stab the rebels back when the tide turn. They had to be very careful.

[member='Cedric Grayson'] [member='Ari Vox'] [member='Lyra Sarn'] [member="Avoim Oeymo"] [member='Noah Corek']

Sighing a bit as the leader of the group took his comment for volunteering, the Jedi Master decided that he would just go with this. Before he could say anything the Knight asked if there were other volunteers and a woman raised her hand volunteering, he did not know much about her due to his time being spent mostly preparing his Venator and his soldiers over the last few months. Then another man raised his hand and volunteered himself to go with them, it was the pilot who managed to get shot down over Jaminere.

That same pilot then suggested they get either crates that were able to be made invisible to Radar’s or that they hire a good smuggler. “I don’t think we have time to source crates with stealth systems, though a decent smuggler could be doable, though the Force is a powerful ally should we be unable to find either of those things, we can simply talk our way through as long as we don’t meet up with anyone trained in mental defenses.” Said the Jedi Master, he knew that with the Sith that they could train their soldiers who carried out the dull and daily missions in the basics of mental defense.

Avoim wondered who else would volunteer to go with them…

[member="Cedric Grayson"] [member="Ari Vox"] [member="Solonariwan Tofusin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom