Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Al-Khali (pm for invite)

[member="Darth Timoris"]

Seras looked at the woman as the sounds of more sith sisters and engineers came to her. The reports that their construction droids were reinforcing positions and Cali had been moving through. Sealing sections of the upper area for them to get into later before moving on and searching. "When you are ready sister there is a ritual chamber here." She tapped the hologram to show it. "The chamber will nee to be studied and we have secured the top of the chamber. Searching for the ritual blade if you can and any other information in there as they continue to secure the upper areas."

There was a look though while she was walking and Seras held back a small grin on her face while moving with some soldiers. "We will move to ensure the experimentation of the sickness itself it tranferring to [member="Darth Venefica"] for her research." She had a prison ship of subjects, it was time to use them for their purpose as one of the room was lined with cages and cells for her research purposes. Monitors on the walls and the grey ooze churning in a machine to work with it." She was working on the equipment to refine and pace it while infected tissue was being set into canisters for transport.

[member="Darth Praelior"] [member="Darth Timoris"] [member="Seras Goto"]

Disguising power signatures was a difficult thing to do, it would likely be easier to make a multitude of fake signals around the area the sickness thrived in if they were looking to hide the academy. Of course there were some ways to hide the power reading of the generators and equipment in the Sith locale, but the Rendili woman was personally unfamiliar with them. Although it was also hard to think while one was sneezing, and whether such a statement would reflect just the stray occurrence for Camellia or a greater power perhaps controlling her one would never know. Getting back on track though, Camellia watched as things were moving along with the people milling about the academy as they carried on their conversation. "We can try lady Praelior, or failing that we can set up an array of fake signals and generators to draw attention away from the facilities here. . . . if I may ask what does this sickness do to people anyway?"

[member="Camellia Swift"]

Balaya was looking at her and fake signals would have to do. She wasn't certain if what she had asked was impossible o harder but she trusted her pet to not lie to her. "The sickness reanimates the body, leaving the basic instincts and functions like a hive mind as it seeks to feed and reproduce through its bites my pet." She had a small grin on her face though bringing a holo of the facility to her palm while she was moving into an antechamber that she was looking over some of the older sith script on the walls. Balaya was tracing it with her lips giving sithese before she was moving towards the one wall. "Then we shall have to go with the fake signals, something no one will want to come down to."

[member="Darth Praelior"]

Camellia wouldn't lie, but if she lacked in a certain area of knowledge she could make a mistake without knowing it, and that was something she was afraid of doing with the SIth. Still, as the sickness was explained to the Rendili woman, she couldn't help but scowl a little at its description, with the slight similarities it bore to the Croa Virus. Perhaps that was why there was a facility here, so that the sickness was able to be studied to aid in research. "A zombie virus then as stories say maam? Wasn't there an incident like that aboard a star destroyer once? Is that the same as the sickness here or was it a different infection? It feels a bit weird knowing that some of its functions bare comparisons to the Croa's ability to spread. . . . .but yes as for the fake signals we could make them a variety of things Lady Praelior, and I will have my people look into whether a signal can be hidden altogether. If I'm merely incapable in this field I will let my engineers handle it to make up for my failing."

Balaya looked at her while the script on the walls were coming to her. She ran her fingers over it to record it into her memory augmentor with a small look towards Camellia when she mentioned about the virus. "Yes it was used, though that project was experimented on to make it more dangerous. Instead of being transferring by bites. They made it airborne and everyone could be infected just by being there. Something far more dangerous and not what I want for it or the croa." She was moving about the tunnel and making more faces reading the script. "Besides here." She pointed to some of the script. "There are many more secrets about ancient alchemy that can be discovered."

The Rendili woman had thought the story of the sickness was familiar then. It had been quite the interesting tale, skirting the line of some dark horror story, but then so did many examples of the SIth. Their terrible monsters like Teretenteks were horrifying appearance wise, and the stories surrounding how many they killed and where they resided definitely didn't help matters any. Back to topic though, Camellia wondered who would risk testing a virus that killed people and made them mindless rotting undead. While scary, they weren't exactly all that controllable or safe. At least if any Sith were accidentally turned by a Croa their existence would be quite pleasant comparatively to something like. . . .whatever it was going on outside the academy here. "Isn't the sickness airborne around here though maam? I mean anyone unprotected outside is at risk or is it just bites then from those already infected that this planet has a problem with? Was it the Sith at this Academy that created it all too?"

"Their bites, their saliva, their fluids will turn. Breathing the air outside will not turn you into one of them." She kept moving and relied on what she had around her now. The script that she could see and make out was their ultimate prize. The sith was speaking in the large tunnel. "The rituals preformed here in the past, long before a number of sith came here. They sought immortality and that is what Drear wanted to achieve." She was looking over more of it for a look. They could handle most things but now she prepared. "His research is something we will need gathered and cataloged for later review."

Ah, that was immensely confusing then considering just how superior technology was compared to a mindless horde. Some well equipped teams and wave of heavy repulsorlift vehicles could wipe all the monsters out it sounded like. Especially if they were armed with flamer units if one were to believe the reports from the historical records about what was effective against such creatures. Camellia didn't know who Drear was either, but she knew that very few ever succeeded in achieving immortality, it was a difficult task, and usually at the very most it only was an extension of life, as true immortality was practically impossible. "How many of them are around then that scare people from coming out here? Sounds like a simple problem with a simple answer with a well armed force. I don't see how anyone could have trouble with mindless corpses."

Balaya looked at her. "They are not mindless.... at least not at first. They are like children after their death, they will slowly relearn and become a hive mind able to deceive, able to think and operate as much as their bodies can let them. It is a reason why ships that are here must depart quickly and never be left alone." She kept working on some of the things plucking a flower from the one room while she held the black orchid. "THough the secret to creating the virus takes power and alchemy to really create. The rest is all part of the danger." She set the orchid on her outfit before she kept going. "As for why they haven't tried in the past, they have. Some republic troopers came here and tried, I believe they all slowly died because one of them touched tainted flesh."

Oh. . . .well that would certainly make these undead a much greater threat. Still, if they were rotting corpses they had to have a finite capacity, once the brains ate away from decomposition they had to stop moving right? At which point they would cease to be part of the threat, unless they didn't decay at all, which was a frightening concept. Though by the sounds of it, the dangers were evident with the fact that apparently given enough of a hive mind and time these freaks could operate a starship, and just touching their tainted bodies without even being bitten or scratched could lead to infection. It was. . . .far scarier than Camellia first thought. At least it appeared from what the Sith Zeltron was saying, it was very difficult to attempt replicating. "Is there a reason they've been contained so simply then? If they're so smart why haven't they acquired weapons to breach this facility or escape the quarantine?"

"Because some people have been smart."SHe knew the dangers of this getting off but if done right there were many benefits to it. She was thinking about the power that one could wield if they learned the secret to how to use it for immortality. THe knowledge the sith could have to control and deploy this upon world after world and then march in and take it for their own. Establishing their own bases and outposts on it. "Because the ones who have been here know not to leave their ships able to be used should they fail and perish. There is a gravyard buried beneath the snow out there for a thousand years."

It just seemed to be lacking in sense though, even as the Sith Zeltron continued giving an explanation it felt more and more like there was information missing though no through no part of her mistress own Camellia would remind herself. Why couldn't they set up their own facility like the Sith were doing here? Study the virus in that location and then work up a cure if they were so terrified. Why couldn't they have low orbit ships and a few scouts raze the quarantine zone and then repair the damage to the surface in that region later? If the undead were so smart how come they couldn't break the simple quarantine or break into the Academy for example. More and more it just seemed overly hyped up for little reason. "I apologize if I questioned too much Lady Praelior, I merely don't see the threat as problematic. They sound exaggerated, but seem to have accomplished little despite their assumed qualities."

There was a look at the girl as she raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps, it is not something many people seek to study. The hope from this facility is to find ways to handle the sickness if not inoculate so someone killed by it won't turn but they would still die. We'll also be working to understand more of it." As she was down there in the lowest levels the sections of the academy came to them and Balaya brought up a good the holodisplay as more droids were moving throughout sections fo the academy and sealing it. She moved while a monitor was brought it and set up in a small lab down in the basement as it were that held displays from the vents on camera. Small probe droids were scanning and checking the filtration systems whil it was sectional to avoid one part endangering another as well as cutting down on ways one could crawl through.

It seemed pointless to understand in the Rendili woman's opinion, they already had the Croa who were effectively similar, except they didn't create mindless monsters that could not be controlled or perform productive work. A majority of the Croa who weren't feral could conduct social functions and assume their work from before with little trouble, providing workers in the economy and perfectly soldiers whenever needed who could spread such qualities to anyone else. A bunch of shambling corpses might be more intimidating, but were less stable. Of course for now Camellia remained silent, watching as droids performed work sealing the holes as one could say, to prevent excursion into the base. "I don't see how they're needed when you have my kind you created mistress. . . . . .unless you intend to delve into the research to try your own hand at their immortality, but I would caution that maam."

"My plans for them is something far more sinister. That the source of creating them occurs naturally in nature is something to try and understand. Much like the rakghouls who have evolved over time to be a natural thing on taris these have become part of a worlds ecosystem and understanding the hive mind of them. Could go a long way." She moved more through the sections below while going over some more of the designs and plans. "You my pet will be my favorite but we cannot limit our vision of things or limit our understandings.... As well I need to make sure you cannot become infected with the viruses."

Something far more sinister than raising the dead as a horde of mindless, shambling, horrors who would devour and consume without heed of friend or foe? Truthfully, Camellia doubted, and secretly even hoped, something like that wasn't possible, after all as the head of a leading company in the galaxy, the Rendili woman knew how often a special unit could usurp all others despite how infeasible it was that it couldn't be used all the time, yet somehow was. The Sith Zeltron might disagree, but there were likely some things the Sith once used that were obsolete nowadays. Camellia just hoped that nothing like that would happen for the croa, an infectious Sithspawn type like them were useful, but something similar was worrisome. "I assume you have other samples than myself to test then. . . ." It wasn't anything mean, it was just no one wanted to be the guinea pig to be killed for something like this.

"Of course pet." Balaya laughed more leading up into a section that was being made into an armory for the troopers and more equipment was set up. "YOu are special and are only to be used for some special things." She continued to move forward and found what was being made into a mess hall for the soldiers with processors and some crates of rations. "Come and eat pet. We'll check what is being made into private bedrooms next in one of the sections and there is the parts of the base that have been getting recovered. The old library is being sealed and cleaned so that we can search for anything that might be of use."

It had probably been dumb to ask, but considering how unpredictable Sith could be, or rather any force wielders for that matter, the Rendili woman was well secure in making sure about things even if it sounded like an obvious question later. It was nice to hear that she was considered to be special though as they entered the armory, after all it meant she had use and would live much longer under the Sith's reign, and by extension her usefulness might mean the continued prosperity and safety of Rendili as well. When they entered the mess hall after that though, Camellia once again remembered how much she did enjoy being the head of a massive company like Rendili Stardrive. . . .it made up eating at home after being stuck on rations or meals during her times fighting for the Republic. . . . . of course she would never complain, even back with the Republic. It was expensive and a bit frivolous to spend extra credits on ships just for better food processors. "Very well Lady Praelior. I admit being curious what knowledge was left behind here as well."

Balaya looked her over taking a seat as she spoke. "We will see, there are some plans in place and oh I have something special to work on. I want your engineers to build me a ship for this." Balaya looked at her as the tacpad sifted through the equipment and Balaya brought up a seat that could be used. "This is the Ravenloft chair is made for sith to access large amounts of information. I want you to upgrade its neural link to be able to store more information and if need be allow a sith to spread and control a ship should a bridge be damaged." There were some other plans she wanted to work on and this was the first step, the other was something she was hoping to find information on.

Constructing a ship around this Ravenloft device. . . .it seemed a bit, well, difficult. From the looks of the equipment that the Sith Zeltron was showing her, it was incredibly difficult to move around once placed and operated on a level that the Rendili woman wasn't sure would be possible in the capacity that the alien giantess desired. "It is certainly an impressive concept Lady Praelior, and the idea behind it would be nothing short of amazing if we could pull it off. I'm just not sure how at the moment. THis looks like it would need to combine conventional technology with aspects of the force to create. From the file you have it looks similar to what I've heard Jedi call a holocron, to convert something like that into a control module for a ship. . . .I think we would need an expert on creating the device and who whould be able to connect the systems force qualities to the ship in question. I suppose we could also gleam some insight from Sith Meditation Sheres as well. . . ."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom