Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aint no Auction Like a Spice Auction! (Sun Dominion of Kessel) (Open)

Auction Portion Ending In 13 Hours!
Bidding stands at.
1 Durindfire Gem ............................ c65,000 @Popo
1 Krayt Dragon pearl ....................... c165,000 @Popo
1 Treatise on Juyo and Vaapad ........ c190,000 & 2lbs song steel @[member="Masamune Tametomo"]
1 Scroll on Theran Force Listening ... c250,000 @Rasho the Hutt
1 Set of Vornskr Personal Armor ..... c30,000 @Lord Daemos
1 Sigma-Class Shuttle ....................Starting c500,000
2 Nimix Cruisers ............................ c1,010,000 @Aedan Miles
3 Widow Frigates .......................... c610,000 @Aedan Miles
1 Gahenna Research Vessel ........... c750,000 @[member="Popo"]
100 kg of glitterstim........................One masterwork alchemical weapon or item of armor @Rave Merrill
10 Sonic Shotguns.......................... c6,000. @Siobhan Kerrigan
((If I missed your bid just let me know))

Vykon Halke

Interim Chief of State
175k for the pearl, 75k for the gem.

Vykon glanced around the room. The hutt appeared to still be bidding unfortunately. He was nearing his limit for the items, if nothing else he'd drop down to just one and unfortunately the hutt showed no signs of caving in. He was probably neck deep in credits like all of those slugs. He hit submit, raising the bids by ten thousand.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo bet once more from the datapad at the newer bids.

180k for the pearl, 80k for the gem.

He then tucked the datapad away and turned his attention to the meeting while trying to prevent even more Hutt blushing at @[member="Danger Arceneau"] being close by.

"Number estimates on what, specifically?" he asked.

Running late to the auction the supreme overlord quickly found his way there so he could purchase what he needed from the suns, they had plans in mind and getting their hands on this drug. He wasn't sure what the price for the glitterstim was but he would shortly find out. Besides no one would want to kill him here after all he was an enemy of the republic and the Suns were never very fond of them after the crush you into the ground thing.

"I will take the next highest bid on the Glitterstim!" He said entering the auction as a member of the fringe. He needed it for what was to come next.

@[member="Domino"]

Vykon Halke

Interim Chief of State
181k for the Pearl, 81k for the Gem.

Maybe the Hutt would win, but he was going to have to fight for it and pay generously for it. He glanced around the room, any others who had shown the slighest interest in the jewels appeared to be done. It was a showdown between him and the hutt now and it was a showdown he was going to win. Hopefully.

@[member="Domino"] @[member="Popo"] @Mr. Ash @[member="Danger Arceneau"]

"Put the bidding pad down and bloody listen if you want to be in the loop. We're talking spice production". Rayl rolled his eyes. Seemed the fat was deafening this bloated mass. He could try his patience for only so long of course. "So get on with it".

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo blinked slowly at the upstart human. The massive Shell Hutt quickly punched a few more commands into the datapad then put it away yet again.

185k for the Pearl, 85k on the gem.

"If we're going to talk Spice production, Mr. Wilded, you may want to be more specific," the Hutt rumbled in a deep, even voice that vibrated the air. "In general, Spice production as a catch all is rather misleading. Do you mean the mining of Spice, the refining of Spice, the cost of labor for Spice, the taxes and fees to mine Spice, the cost to export Spice? There is much, much more in running a profitable venture than just general numbers. Think of it like running a ship. The general status report of the ship can be misleading to any problems specifically with, say, the engines or the hyperdrives. You get my drift?"

@[member="Rayl Wilded"] @[member="Domino"] @Mr. Ash @[member="Danger Arceneau"]

@[member="Supreme Overlord Dredge"] got a look full of deep and displeased ponderings. Force knew he'd already caused her enough headaches butchering prisoners. She consoled herself with the thought of her Nihil smokestone, a chunk of which resided, half-carved, in her Galaar-class shuttle. A project was normally enough to focus her thoughts, and this was a heck of a project. The glitterstim was necessary.

"On the glitterstim, one alchemical weapon or piece of armor, and one vial of a proprietary biochemical solution designated Zerek."

Vykon Halke

Interim Chief of State
190k for the pearl. 90k on the gem.

Vykon continued bidding, he didn't want to go too much higher though, as he was worried about over paying. But he didn't want to lose to the slimy hutts either.

@[member="Popo"]

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
--The Auction--

He had squat for this, to say the least. Oh well, time to change strategies, then. He sent a emssage to Popo's pad. Well, I'm out for that, then. Let me know if you still want to talk about that jeweler later--for a finder's fee, of course.

He put in an entirely different bid. 545,000 on the Sigma Shuttle.

He smirked.

--Meanwhile back at the ranch--

The levitating hologram laughed cheerfully. "I'm glad you're interested, Popo. While this auction has kept a lot of people lining our pockets, the bigger operation was to land here and stake a claim on a prime piece of glitter-stim harvesting land--which is why I'm not here in person right now, as the site needs my supervision. This planet has great potential to make a fortune, and we will make it. However, mining and refining this much dust is going to take some manpower--as will transporting it," he said with a nod.

"Now," he began with a smile. "I've already set up the infrastructure for a rather large set of mines, using some equipment left-over from the evacuation of Nar Shaddaa, and we need to discuss the product. I'll need laborers, in excess of several thousand, to hit full-time production. We will also need logistical assets to ship and transport the product across this sector of the galaxy and further out," he said with a nod. "That, Miss Arceneau, is where your expertise comes in. You've got some of the best ships available, and can get our product moved to major dealers quickly and discreetly, for a good portion of the sales profits. Or, if you prefer, you can sell the product through your own company and I'll wholesale the spice to you--at better prices and quality than elsewhere." His floating head seemed exuberant at the thought of all the credits this plan would rake in.

"Popo, I have heard that your security firm was interested in prisoner labor management," He said, using the standard governmental euphemism for prison slavery. "Do you have the personnel to manage a large prison complex, and restore these older facilities to working order in the next standard month or so? You would, of course, receive subsidies appropriate to such an enterprise, and some starting fees."

--The Dig Site--

"Alright, setup the landing bay, and connect those pumps! We'll get a quick smaple on activation, then we turn it down and wiat for our extra help to arrive!" He siad calmly. He smirked. "Deploy the living quarters, too. We'll start on the heavier construction in the morning. Foreman Turnias, I want that loading ramp ready by week's end, same with the living quarters for the prisoners! Are we clear?"

"Yes, sir," the diminutive ugnaut said with a grin. "We will have things operating according to your schedule."

--The meeting--

Ash's levitating hologram grinned. he cheerfully listened and awaited the words of the others. After all, this was a lucrative expansion in multiple ways for all partners. "So then, what do you fine folks think? There is a clear share of money to be made. I'll keep the refineries and factories processing, you provide me with manpower and shipping lanes, and we all stand to make a good sum of credits," he said with a grin.

@[member="Popo"] @[member="Danger Arceneau"] @[member="Rayl Wilded"] @[member="Domino"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"Actually, I currently have my own forces and assets securing various installations located elsewhere on Kessel. Specifically mining facilities, refining facilities, and distributing areas. They should be completed within, say, a few more hours. There are still a small number of areas they have yet to secure just now. It is a small number, but a workable amount of property, machinery, and mines to expand in a modest time period. All I need is enough space to operate and I can do so easily, and for which I am more than happy to pay a... 'rent', so to speak. Similar to the agreement we arranged on Nal Hutta not long ago."

Now finished with his speech, he checked his datapad. Tenloss Security was indeed making progress. No casualties, multiple facilities secured, and the troops were well on their way to securing the last of the facilities he'd selected. Popo also noticed he'd been outbid yet again and fixed the problem.

195k for the pearl, 95k for the gem.

@Mr. Ash Danger Arceneau @[member="Rayl Wilded"] @[member="Domino"]

@[member="Popo"] @Mr. Ash @[member="Domino"] @[member="Danger Arceneau"]

"I don't believe I quite remember the deal you made with Domino. So I shall offer a new one. This world is like a mountain of gold. And one I won't just have you mining it out from under me while paying a rent. Something more favorable for allowing you to operate this unending horde will be had". Rayl leaned back and bridge his fingers, a short pause followed. "I will allow Tenloss to mine 50% of this world for Spice. And in turn you will pay tribute of 50% of the profits monthly. Black Sun will control and operate the other half. And deals for labor and shipment Mr. Ash wishes to make will be for his digression on our half. But I believe Danger may wish to provide shipping. The air factories and other infrastructure not pertaining to mining will be mutually operated as needed. Private property issues will be handled by Black Sun officers, and some will be watching Tenloss operations and bookkeeping to make sure things are kept to the deal. Any other issues will be resolved as needed. Will you agree to this deal Popo"?

2 Hours Remaining!

Bidding stands at.
1 Durindfire Gem ............................ c95,000 @Popo
1 Krayt Dragon pearl ....................... c195,000 @Popo
1 Treatise on Juyo and Vaapad ........ c190,000 & 2lbs song steel @Masamune Tametomo
1 Scroll on Theran Force Listening ... c250,000 @Rasho the Hutt
1 Set of Vornskr Personal Armor ..... c30,000 @Lord Daemos
1 Sigma-Class Shuttle .................... c545,000 @Mr. Ash
1 Gahenna Research Vessel ........... c750,000 @Popo
100 kg of glitterstim........................One masterwork alchemical weapon or item of armor & biochemical Zerek @Rave Merrill
((If I missed your bid just let me know))
(( @[member="Supreme Overlord Dredge"] if you don't state what your bid is I can't accept it and I don't know what you have that's competitive))
@Cypher @Vykon Halke @[member="Rave Merrill"] @[member="Supreme Overlord Dredge"] @[member="Masamune Tametomo"] @[member="Danger Arceneau"] @[member="Rasho the Hutt"] @[member="Lord Daemos"] @[member="Jorus Merrill"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Aedan Miles"] @[member="Skye Mertaal"]

"On Nal Hutta we arranged for you to rent out an unused palace and its estate, this situation is quite different." Domino added in, "I would also prefer that tertiary operations like the air factories be kept in our area of operation. Fewer chanced for work disputes and this is our rock after all," also fewer chances of backstabbing and sabotage. Besides the Suns simply high work standards, not something she was wanting to force a company she wasn't intimately familiar with to take on. This Hutt was taking liberties that were not his to make, landing Tenloss assets before their deal was struck simply on the offer of one and then trying to hide in the particularities of every facet of production when asked about the volume of finished product. Something that in Domino's experience meant that either the Hutt just didn't know, or that he was already planning on embezzling. Likely the later considering he wasn't stupid.

Vykon Halke

Interim Chief of State
200k for the Pearl, 100k for the Gem.

Vykon entered it on his pad taking back the lead once again. Someone had finally bothered to bid on the Sigma shuttIe, Vykon debated running him up for the fun of it, but he wasn't willing to risk that much. He'd be happy if he could just win the jewels.

@[member="Popo"]

As soon as the Hutt entered with his rather .. interesting gibberish, Danger was amused. It could be seen in the glint of her eyes, in the quirk of her full crimson lips. Leaning back against her chair, the Trade Queen of the Mara gave an incline of her head and a slight toast to his direction.

"Mistah Popo... mighty fine pleasure to see you again," she told him, being her ever cordial self. He might have made a racket to get here, but one never points out such things to a Hutt. All you had to do was rub on their ego a bit, and they were mighty happy to keep the one doing so around.

It meant business. And Danger was no fool.

Turning her attention back to @Dominio, she gave an incline of her head, "Ya'll can certainly use my ships to transport it. With Arceneau now spreading to other parts of the galaxy, it is easy for me to smuggle spice to any location you so desire 'slong as Arceneau Trade is accepted. I can be the front of this business for mass transportation; and it ain't like taking care of customs is going to be an issue for ATC.... and if there are... well... I've my ways..."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Dominance had been asserted, but Rasho was aware that humans were stupid. The manwench he'd just attempted to bodyslam might well try to snipe the precious scroll in the final minutes of the deal. Though it went against every Huttly instinct Rasho possessed, he gritted his teeth and upped his own bid.

"Two hundred fifty thousand and a handwritten manuscript of a very rare Sith spell."

He knew precisely one combat-capable spell. He did not part with this lightly.

As the bidding mounted, Jorus jostled @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]'s elbow. "Watch this. Haven't flipped off a Hutt in a while. Plus I'm good at sensin' some things. Might just be able to get some use outta that."

He raised his voice and made a bid. "For that scroll, I will find you a planet. I'm the best hyperspace explorer there is. I'll find you a nice untouched world more or less wherever you want in the Rim or Wild Space or the Unknowns, something nobody knows about. Exclusive hyperroute coordinates."

Skye's lips turned into a straight line of displeasure. She wanted that armor, figures someone else would come butt in to bid on the one item she wanted. Then again it was an auction.

However, this would not deter the Bounty Hunter, as she gave the signal for the auctioneer to hear her bid," 31k for the Vornskyr armor!" she said, placing her bid.

Now it was time to see if the other guy would also try to outbid her.

"Ain't nuthin' like an auction to see all manner of loco weeds coming out of the woodwork," drawled the Zeltron scoundrel sitting next to @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] and @[member="Jorus Merrill"]. There was a time and a place to meet up with old friends, and considering how big this galaxy was, you took what Lady Luck threw at you just to share a drink or two.

Been a long while since the Zeltron pilot and smuggler had sat down to catch up with the Warden, and it would figure this type of auction would be it. He cradled a large glass of whiskey in his hand, his lanky form slotched comfortably in his chair, legs spread, with a rather buxom Twi'lek of a lovely crimson hue paying all kinds of attention to him. He wasn't want to turn a lady of such lovely qualities away, so his arm loosely cradled her around the waist, his fingers drawing an idle pattern over the bare skin of her hip, just above the short short excuse of shorts she wore -- more like an excuse of a couple of triangle pieces of fabric, but who was him to complain!?

Especially due to the contradictory emphatic sensory overload he was getting. Spice had a way of giving someone a hell of a high, which was fine by him. Happy thoughts made him happy and prevented a hell of a headache. It was the desperation that came after that had him automatically emitting his pheromones to keep folk in a nice pleasant state of mind.

And happy was damn well good in his book.

Amusement flickered in his cobalt eyes, turning his scruffy face from the loving attention of the Twi'leks hand as he gave a gander over to Jorus," Ain't ever seen a Hutt sweat that much to get himself a pair of gems," he said with ample humor.

And that's the end of the auction portion folks! Thanks for coming out!
Bidding ended at.
1 Durindfire Gem ............................ c100,000 @[member="Vykon Halke"]
1 Krayt Dragon pearl ....................... c200,000 @[member="Vykon Halke"]
1 Treatise on Juyo and Vaapad ........ c190,000 & 2lbs song steel @Masamune Tametomo
1 Scroll on Theran Force Listening ... Planet @[member="Jorus Merrill"]
1 Set of Vornskr Personal Armor ..... c31,000 @[member="Skye Mertaal"]
1 Sigma-Class Shuttle .................... c545,000 @Mr. Ash
1 Gahenna Research Vessel ........... c750,000 @Popo
100 kg of glitterstim........................One masterwork alchemical weapon or item of armor & biochemical Zerek @Rave Merrill

The enthusiastic yelling from the stage girl momentarily drew Domino's attention as she wrapped up the auction and told the victors how they could claim their prizes. As the pads handed out for bidding buzzed and turned red for those who lost, others informed their holders just how much they owed the house and Domino's chimed an alert. Someone had bid finding a planet verses a quarter of a million and a sith manuscript on the scroll she'd personally put up. Any regular day she'd have ignored the absurdness of a claim to just find a planet, but this was from Jorus Merrill, the man who single-handily created a hyperlane. And hadn't his company made the Rassilon she'd so recently won at another auction? An auction in which she had bid a copy of this very same scroll. Still, a planet was a planet, and real estate was becoming scarce these days, she accepted his bid as the winner, it was what was best for the Suns. @[member="Rasho the Hutt"] and her would have a chat later.

"Thank you Miss Arceneau, that's what we were counting on, the respectability independents just don't get that your name does."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom