Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Aftershock (MU & SJC)

The battle of the Graug was to be a long and arduous task for the Mandalorians who sought to reclaim their home and return it to glory rather than allowing it to remain as a shell of its former self. They were outnumbered by the Graug by billions but the Mandalorians had technology and intelligence on their side, two very powerful weapons, but as long as the Graug resided on their home planet, there could never be peace on Mandalore.

As if the intrusive presence on their planet and the Sith’s destruction wasn’t enough, the Graug’s endeavours in mining had triggered quakes on Mandalore. Cities that were taking the first steps of recovery were once again on their knees as they fought to stand strong against the violent quakes but after all Mandalorians had experienced, they remained steadfast. Few cities that had survived the initial Sith purge lay desolate and ruined but the determination and spirit of a Mandalorian was not one that could easily be broken.

d48bc23c1b84ad7f154d8e6aa2f8a700.jpg

However, many of them were still after all - humanoid. They were not impervious to 'natural' disasters and were largely underprepared for such an unexpected catastrophe. They had not yet restructured their planet and lacked the capacity to treat an sudden influx of wounded - especially when some hospitals had been destroyed.

Given their difficult situation, a message would be sent to the Silver Jedi Concord, informing them of the situation on Mandalore so they could at least ensure they were protected should one of their neighbouring hostiles find out about the situation and take advantage of it. They were reluctant to rely on the Jedi, many too proud to do so, but they shared a common enemy and for that they were as good as friends. The desire of vengeance against the Sith Empire trumped the arrogance of some of those too proud to accept help from the Jedi.

Now with the combination of the Graug battles and quakes, Mandalore was facing a humanitarian crisis. Many locations had been hit by the quakes but effort was concentrated on the worst hit places such as the city of Ronion - one of the few cities that had survived Imperial bombardment and had once again been beginning to bloom to life. Thankfully, the city had nowhere near its original population prior to Imperial occupation but there were still souls within the city who required medical and humanitarian aid and with the dire situation the Mandalorian people found themselves in: every Mandalorian counted.

Across the planet, Mandalorians focused on rescue missions as they searched among the rubble of former great structures in search of their comrades who were trapped within. One such city, near the Graug border, was dealing with casualties from both the quakes and the Graug attacks. The scenes there were slowly descending into chaos as the number of wounded began to mount up and threatened to outnumber the medical personnel. Those with no medical training were being advised on how to perform medical treatments on their allies in order to relieve the pressure on medics and doctors.

83a18bdd2b7e6917fd4cf994e4101d7a.jpg
Of the few hospitals that remained, not all were structurally sound and some still felt the aftershocks of the quakes. Some had resorted to moving hospital equipment into other buildings that were more stable such as nearby schools, apartment building lobbies or even people's ships. Many of the injuries were superficial and did not need expert care. These people were directed to any Mandalorian with a bacta patch and a bandage. Those with more complex injuries were seen to by one of dozens of medical staff who were working in the hospital, make-shift hospitals or on the scene.

xbhizGX.jpg

The Medic crawled through a narrow entrance in the building, having it been deemed necessary for him to enter first since the man trapped inside was too injured to escape on his own accord. Accompanying him was another Mandalorian who crawled behind him, ready to assist with the extraction. Around them, metal groaned under its own weight as the building fought to maintain its structure. "I don't like the sound of that." Came the voice from behind. "Let's make this quick." Ki'an responded with a sense of urgency.

They reached the injured man who lay listless on the floor. He had shown signs of life earlier but now it seemed hope was fading. Who knew what untold internal injuries he might have had. Ki'an removed the other's helmet to reveal the battered face inside who let out a quiet moan at the discomfort of being moved. "Can you open your eyes for me?" Ki'an asked and the man complied but quickly shut them again when the flashlight from the third Mandalorian's helmet caught his eye. "Ah, um... sorry." He replied before moving it out of the man's face to allow him to open his eyes again.

"My... leg." The man complained, weakly gesturing to his left leg which was soaked with blood on his thigh. In order to prevent him from bleeding out before they had the opportunity to get further help, Ki'an applied a tourniquet to the man's thigh and injected a substance into his lower thigh to slow down the flow of blood. He then drew another small bottle from a pocket and filled the syringe with an analgesic to allow the journey out of the building to be a little smoother for the injured Mandalorian.

Once he had completed the steps to ensure the man made it out of the building alive, now the task was to actually pull through on their intentions. The metal above them gave a long creak before there was a loud crashing sound as one of the metal beams from above came tumbling down. The accompanying Mandalorian was quick to react and when Ki'an looked back he saw his ally with his arms above his head, holding the metal beam which would have otherwise crushed him and caused untold other destruction.

"Go, go!" He shouted, clearly straining under the weight of the beam. Ki'an didn't waste any time in grabbing the injured Mandalorian by the hand and dragging him quickly towards the way they had come from. Once at the entrance of the rubble, three pairs of hands helped to pull the injured man out and rested him on a stretcher. The medic turned back to the with a look of concern. If the beam the other Mandalorian was supporting was holding together other weak points in the building then he wasn't sure what chance the man stood. But if he could get out from under the beam unscathed then he might stand a chance at escaping.

He watched the entrance, hoping for the latter, knowing there was nothing that could otherwise be done. A few moments later, there was the sound of an almighty crash as the groaning building crumbled in on itself. Still, there was hope. Their injured man had survived the building collapse. It could be done again. ::Vix, do you read me?:: He opened the comms with his accompanying Mandalorian but was met with the sound of static.

xbhizGX.jpg

Objective 1: Locate those missing after the quakes.

Objective 2: Provide medical assistance to the injured or assist medical personnel.

Objective 3: BYOO. Assist in humanitarian efforts or do anything you think to be helpful.

OOC:
This thread is the aftermath of the attacks on the Graug. We are dealing with a humanitarian crisis in the form of the combination of the Graug attacks and quakes. This thread is also open to members of the SJC.

Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
Objective 1
Leehak traveled with others, looking for those missing. He'd come with his wife and daughter, who were working on providing medical assistance. Ironic, considering his daughter was still recovering from a broken ankle. He hoped to the Force that Kuxirra wouldn't put too much weight on it. She was like him: stubborn and determined.

Objective 2
Kuxirra lowered herself down to an injured being, using the Force to heal them before standing. Her sensitive montrals picked up the sound of the building collapsing on top of Ki'an Vizsla Ki'an Vizsla 's companion, and she made her way there as fast as her crutches could carry her.

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Desbre Gensan, Milya Vondar (both unless specified)
Tag:
Ki'an Vizsla Ki'an Vizsla Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

How can I help?

Caltin was, well, shocked at the devastation that the historic planet had undergone. It did not matter the details or cause, there were people trapped under rubble, and the massive Jedi Master was here to help them out. Historically he had no love lost for the Mandalorians, but these individuals, many of them were good people, as honorable as they were advertised and rumored to be. They helped the Jedi where they could, and Caltin would do no less than help where he can. Initially, it was a matter of "returning a favor", but now? Well now there was the respect he had, and there was no way he would let it falter.

One of the smaller buildings nearby the organizer that he approached was beginning to give. There were people inside of it! Instinctively, Caltin reached out through the Force and held the second floor and above in place long enough for an "all clear" to be given. It took some focus, but they were safely exited before the big guy let the building fall. He could have set it down gently, but there might be similar situations concurrently, and there needed to be diverted attention there. One thing was clear, there was a lot of work to do, and this was going to be a long day.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Objective 1
Metis sighed and huffed wiping sweat and perspiration from her forehead. She took a deep breath in preparation, before getting back to work. Metis used the Force to augment her strength and lift a piece of the rubble too allow the family trapped underneath an escape from the building that had fallen around them. Metis smiled at the two children hoping to project a sense of trust and safety. The children were of the same age roughly 10 or so and enough alike in appearance that they must be siblings, more than siblings in fact as she realized they were twins. They were huddled in what used to be a bathtub.

“Hey guys, I’m here to get you out of here. Come on”

Metis motioned towards the floating lifeboat for refugee’s. The twins looked terrified, gaze intent on the corner. Metis glanced sharply to the left corner. There was an missile it hadn’t gone off.

“Wait! Don’t move! The slightest nudge could set it off.”

Metis looked around, there were no bomb tech’s near by and it wasn’t exactly Metis’s expertise. She preferred taking down arms dealers not engaging in there obsessive dangerous hobbies that ruined lives like these two kids.

“Ok guys move very carefully don’t touch the.. firework rocket or anything around it.” Metis gently lifted up the girl and passed her to one of the relief workers “Your turn buddy. You’re both very brave… that’s it”

Metis let go a gasp of relief as the children were safely out of danger. Metis checked the rubble. It was only then she noticed the still forms of the adults. Their parents. The kids had been trapped for who knows how long next to their parents bodies. Poor kids.

“Blasted Brynáduls.”Metis muttered. She half heartedly scolded herself for the reaction. It was anger which was dangerously close to hate and vengeance thoughts. Which Metis knew only lead to suffering. Right then at that moment though she needed to allow herself to feel it. If she didn’t feel hate she’d be feeling sorrow.

Metis sighed and reached out trying to detect any other lifeforms that needed rescuing. Finding none in the immediate area she felt a moment of relief before realizing it just meant that no one was left alive in the area to save.

Metis felt a tear come to her eye.

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii

Tags: Ki'an Vizsla Ki'an Vizsla Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis

Mig looked around as he tried to help people out from the ruble. They needed to move now! He looked up as he heard a Pike come in.

"Get to the gunship!" The ship would only stay long enough to get loaded before taking off. In the area above the site, the Tsad, a carrier that CST had provided to the MU, was serving a much different purpose. The hanger had been cleared of fighters, and filled with medical tents. Mostly, it was to hopefully keep any one medical site from being overwhelmed. That didn't mean Tsad, the ship AI, necessarily liked the idea.

"I don't knew how you came up with thi...."

"Do you want me to let Cordie train you some more? Tsad, you're doing your job, let me do mind without complaining every 20 minute." To say Mig was starting to rethink not wiping Tsad initially was an understatement. He would look to see some of the Jedi at work. That was good to see. He wanted to be able to help everyone, but he did notice waht Metis was dealing with. He walked up, speaking calmly.

"Easy jetii'ika (Padawan). Sadly this is nothing new to us." He looked at the children, sighing a little. "But we also tend to know how to survive."

Objective 2.

Rav grunted as he held the struggling person down.

“K'atini!”

Mando’a for Suck it up. To be fair the man had lost an eye, half his face. Rav new from personal experience how much that sucked. It had also cost the man an arm and a leg. Still Rav was holding him down so that the IM-6 battlefield medical droid could administer the drugs and anesthetic.

Wall-Ey would hurry up!” Rav said in exasperation to his medical droid. “Gorramit! I’ve wrestled Wookiee’s who struggled less than this”

A human medic glanced up with surprise at the statement with a raised eyebrow.

Gladiator thing” Rav responded with a grunt “Long story don’t ask”

The Mando Medic shook his head with a wry smile. Only a Mandalorian could smile wryly while holding a surgery laser on a casualty in a warzone. It vaguely reminded Rav of a show he used to watch. Felt like a hundred years ago. Could’ve been a hundred years ago for that matter.

Mostly though Rav was trying to quell his own rage. He had missed the fight itself Rav tended to throw a fit when he missed a minor skirmish an all out battle was just a wasted opportunity, which made him truly angry.

This was the best he could do hi ship an AIAT/i had a med bay and a medical droid, could squeeze in a platoon of victims even had half a dozen security cells for the special patient. Rav was considering putting this particular man into one. Finally the med droid , who he'd dedicated as"Wall-Ey" administered the bacta anesthetic.

Rav heaved a growl of relief and stepped back from the surgery table. Into another droid. A protocol droid who’d apparently been requisitioned for medical duties. “Pardon me sir”

Rav was agitated he wanted to shoot something. Rav brushed past him looking to get some fresh air. As he stepped out, into a war zone.

“Not exactly a Nubian sunset.”

iHCo2Sx.png

Objective: #1 Locate Survivors
Gear:
MM Beskar'gam / Trauma and Blackout / Rapture / XX (Dagger) / Fire Breath / B.U.G. / INT-66 / MX-111 / M3-X

My heart silently wept, my voice struggling to remain under composure as hidden tears ran down my cheeks. The destruction was horrific, like a scene from a wartime holomovie. My eyes remained transfixed to piles of debris, debris that was once a small outlying town near a collection of high peaked mountains. I'm no seismologist, but it was hard to deduce what caused this destruction; a quake or the Graug. Unaware to myself, both my hands had slipped down to either side finding the grips of my pistols, aching to draw them out and exact justice, or vengeance. But on whom?

The Graug had been driven from this region, except for a few possible pockets of hidden cowards. I could, should, turn my anger on seeking them out; killing each one with elevated fury. I couldn't hunt down a quake and kill it, so these remaining Graug would bear the harshness of my murderous justice. Then like a cold rush of wind brushing my mind, awakening my reasoning as to why I was here, I removed my hands from my twin pistols.

Survivors.

I volunteered to search this region for survivors, bestowing upon them any relief I was capable of. Only a few meters to the east was an encampment of refugees and medical personal, medical transports on the stand-by. With each step I took toward the pile of rubble, I hoped their services would be required this day.

Standing on the outer edges of the former town's property lines, I inhaled sharply holding my breath until I crossed over that invisible line separating the lives of survivors and the possibility of countless deaths. Fully enveloped within the town's long gone sphere of prosperity and happiness, I exhaled slowly. There was no good time to conduct business such as this, it was best just to grit one's teeth and venture forth as bravely as your inner designs allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom