Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Ossus - Continued

@[member="Astrian Callus"]
A continuation of After Ossus
Cato Neimoida
Jedi Temple
Hospital
Astrian Callus said:
Meta sat up, his smile had turned into a concerned frown. Ignoring the pain, he shot up his arm to her shoulder. "Are you alright?" He leaned, his bruises causing his to flinch. He bit his lip, looking at her grasp her bump. "Told you he was getting jealous of all the touching." He chirped in. A small smile on his lips, he continued to look concerned however. His hand still firmly placed on her shoulder. He looked over her, her face was screwed up with pain and what seemed like a slight sinking feeling of tiredness.

Meta knew by the looks of her Avalore could handle herself. But that wasn't the problem here. The baby couldn't handle itself, it was just a baby.
Chuckling bitterly, Avalore looked up from behind her mess of brown hair and nodded, "Always does that when I use the Force. Loves to interrupt my training, little jerk."

Biting at both lips and taking a steadying breath, Avalore pressed both hands over her 6-month belly and willed it to quite squirming. No such luck, she wasn't an Empath after all. With a tight breath she reached to pull a nearby stool over and took a seat, "Gonna lose my breakfast in a sec, McPuff. Calm down, Crazy."

Pushing her hair from her face she blew her cheeks out, patience ever strong, "Just need a minute."

Astrian released his grasp of the girl. Allowing her to go about her own duties, then he sat up a little more. Letting her finish; he nodded in advance. "Of course, I think I'm fine anyway. Just more or less the gash on my waist to deal with." He commented, looking down upon the gash he had received from the slash of a sith saber. The wound cut across from the top of his waist to near the inside of his thigh; it was scarred red tissue that branched out into purple bruises. Astrians eyes diverted to the wound, he bit his lip looking at it. He hadn't noticed it during the battle.

"Are you okay?" He asked, watching @[member="Avalore Eden"] blow out her cheeks until they were pinkish red. He raised his eyebrow and looked at Avalore with a broad smile on his face.

"Yeh," the woman replied, gently dismissing his concern with a wave of her hand, "and you ain't fine, amigo. Not according to your charts. Course I couldn't count on an Evey Hammond who can't feel anything to know whether they're actually fine or not. Good thing you got me here to tell it to you straight."

Bangs falling wispy about her face, she offered him a doleful smirk and a bat of her eyebrows. A few moments more and things grew quiet in Middle Earth. Avalore slowly slid from the stool and moved back to his bedside. Upon further inspection of the wound she had previously been treating, it appeared her efforts had been well enough for the application of a bacta patch, and so that is what she did. Once it was secured with gauze she turned her attention to the wound at his middle and gave it a dubious glance.

"What did you do, give catnip to a nexu?"

"Lightwip." He commented, it had grasped around his leg, however he had repelled the attacked quickly enough not to die instantly. However, Avaloree gestures kept a smile on his face. But he supposed he wasn't that fine. "Where would I be without you?" He joked at her comment. Avalore was genuine, he liked that. But, as Avalore would need to treat the wound he lay back, spreads his legs a little farther apart. He bit his lip subtley, it hurt. A hellavu a lot.
However, it just a bad gash which would be fixed. All he needed was some of Avalores magic and he'd be better. But, he mended to giver her time with her baby.

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

"Probably sitting here alone, wondering where you'd gone wrong ... or what was on the lunch menu for today."

Force was she hungry.

Focus, Avalore.

Clearing her throat, the woman moved to clean this glaring gash of his, being careful with the cleansing process on such raw flesh. When it was done she set her things aside and once more assumed the position, hands floating mere inches over the wound. Centering her mind, the young Healer drew upon her inner self, calling upon the Force and it's rejuvinating powers and channeled them through her hands down into the layers of rent flesh of his leg.

Astrian sat quietly as Avalore worked. Resting himself as the girl began to use her healing abilities to finish off the dead skin covered wound. The powers of the force were truly something as he felt the light whip's stung once again, but it was soon over powered by the healing powers of Avalore. He sat by as a silent observer, merely appreciating the quirks of Avalore as she worked. Although he could sense something else, a gear hunger inside her, a hunger for po- No, wait...a hunger for food.
"Do you want to go get something to eat after this?" He asked, the least he could do was this. She did happen to be healing his wounds, wounds that would otherwise kill him.

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

"Does a fish gatta swim?" Avalore perked a brow at him, hands trembling for the moment of distraction. A short chuckle followed and she set back to work.

By the time the Healer stopped she was looking a bit pale. The Masters at the Jedi Temple on Corellia had said she was rather gifted in the Healing arts, but no one had any idea how her training would evolve during the pregnancy. She'd taken it in stride so far, but time and time again Avalore found herself growing weaker and tired far more quickly than before. Feats that had taken so little effort before now found her collapsing in exhaustion.

Avalore would never admit to it, but when she could no longer keep her hands from quaking she decided to call it a day. With a steadying breath and her fingers grasping the edge of his bed, the young woman looked the wound over. It could stand some bacta patches, but it would require another session with a Healer before it would fully close. Frowning, she sealed the gaping flesh with a fresh application of bacta and gauze.

"You'll need another round with a Healer before you're released. I'll schedule your next session for tomorrow, give the bacta some time to work." Ava set her things on the cart and engaged the holopad, typing in the required details. Her nose twitched, "Says you're under room arrest, no weapons. Who's cereal did you spit in?"

The way Avalore put it was strange, Astrians response was his brow jumping up in his features. "Um, just the Jedi Councils." He replied, moving his full body to a sitting position he spoke once more. "However, that doesn't mean I can't go on a little dinner date with you." He teased, a small but noticeable smirk crossing his features. He stood up in front of her, towering over the girl he smiled at her before stretching. "It's good to get back up on my feet." He confessed, letting a groan of satisfaction escape him as he rested his muscles.

"So, any clothes lying about I could wear?" He said, rubbing his arm. "It's particularly cold and, well too many ladies would blush." He joked again, his eyes lingering on his healer friend.

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

"You're probably right. Don't think too many Jedi ladies have seen many butts quite like yours," Avalore wasn't one to blush, however. As her very round self attested to, she'd seen more than her fair share of ... manliness.

"I think I can scrounge up some robes from the linen closet. I'll be back in a jiff." Tugging her cart along, the Healer wheeled it out into the hallway and disappeared from view.

A short while later, after procuring some clothing, patient and Healer toddled through the halls to the food court.

Avalore staggered one heavy foot after the other, left hand holding the bend of her back as she went, robes swinging side-to-side around her bulbous midsection. She was tired. More tired than she'd felt in a long while.

"I think the special today is Shepard's Pie. Flippin' awesome."

Astrian took the clothing, they seemed to fit rather well. Not overly comfortable and a little tight around the edges but it was better than nothing other than his small clothes.

He watched the spectacle of the girls movements with glee, it was truly hilarious to witness. "You look fatigued, do you need some help?" He asked, keeping his eyes on his pregnant friend. "I can see the tiredness in your expressions Avalore." He explained, his eyes on her.

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

"You figured that out by lookin' at my eyes?" the girl threw the question at him over her shoulder, managing a stiff glance back, "I'da figured it was pretty obvious by ...all this."

Avalore then grandly gestured to all of herself.

"I'm fine Cal, been toting McPuff around for seven months. Got lots o' practice in bein' tired." She smiled, and though the expression was just as she felt: tired, it was warm and appreciative. She gave a jovial brandish of a fist, "Don't worry about me. I ain't the one runnin' around with a laser sword, hunting Sith and stirring up trouble. I'm just hunting for food in a food court. Pretty tame business."

Astrian scoffed at her remark in an attempt not to laugh at her responses. "Alright, if you say so." Then Astrian noticed a grave mistake. "Um, avalore. The lunch hall is this way?" He gestured to the hall to her left. "We should be going this way Avalore, if its food your looking for. That is." He said, as Avalore instructed he did not worry and began walking down his chosen path. "Come on Avalore, don't fall behind!" He called from across the hallway, almost teasing her.

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

"I-wha?" Avalore blinked, pausing to take a short glance around, "oopsie-poopsie."

With a hefty swing on her heel, she pulled a teetering turn-about and hustled after Astrian, left arm pumping at her side.

"I got two speeds here Cal, stop and waddle - so don't you got tellin' me to keep up!" she puffed, smirking.

~~~

After making it to the mess hall and collecting their bounties of food, Avalor trucked her heaping pile over to a table, sat, and began to shovel it into her mouth. No shame here, no sense in standing for ceremony.

"The food here," she began after a gulp while lifting a glass of water, "is way better than at the temple on Corellia. But the people on Corellia don't stare at me like they do here. My old Master told me it's because the Corellian Jedi are separate from the ones who work with the Republic. Their traditions are different - they get married, have families. Preggo-Paddies galore," though, she recalled, she'd never seen one in her entire time spent there.

"Do you have family, Cal?"

[member="Astrian Callus"]

Astrian sunk deep into himself. Family, he hadnt thought about his family in a long time. His chin trembled and his eyes swelled with tears, he had to face his demons, and doing it here. As part of the Jedi order? Would not work, he clenched his fists as he set down his mask, he didn't need it anymore. Avalore had woke him up, something inside him swelled in her prescience as well. But, he looked away from her. Fighting back all sorts of emotions as he took from his seat, his eyesight blurred as the tears trailed from his eyelids down to his cheeks as he walked away. "I have to go.." He remarked, walking away from Avalore without a word, he riped his cape from his shoulders and dropped his saber on the ground. Some faces turned his way, however he did not care. He could stay here, not anymore. Astrian would take his ship and leave, he needed to find himself.

[member="Avalore Eden"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom