Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
skin, bone, and arrogance
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: Aegis
  • Demonym: Aegans
  • Region: Colonies
  • System Name: Adytum
  • System Features:
    • Adytum - the star around which the Adytum System revolves
    • Eos - the first planet, a habitable world with a equatorial desert with the climate becoming more temperate the closer one gets to the poles
      • Fides - the moon of is tidally locked such that one side is always facing Eos and the other always faces away.
    • Aegis - the capital world of the Renascent Republic, Aegis is a lush and temperate world, featuring broad purple-green grasslands, large oceans, and plenty of freshwater lakes and rivers. The poles feature permafrost and glaciers.
      • Metis - the first and larger of Aegis' two moons. It has a breathable atmosphere and the beginnings of settlements around a promising gemstone mine.
      • Tyche - the second and smaller of Aegis' two moons. It has a breathable atmosphere and a volcanic history, leading to rich and fertile soil. The Republic plans to develop it into a breadbasket for the system.
    • The Hesperidean Belt - an asteroid belt that, based on preliminary surveys, contains several asteroids holding substantial precious metal deposits. In the right circumstances, flashes of gold can be seen from sunlight reflecting off surface gold deposits. The Hesperidean Belt is heavily patrolled by the Renascent Navy.
    • Elea - the third and final planet in the Adytum System, Elea is cooler than its sisters, with an atmosphere of frequent precipitation, with rainy springs and summers and snowy winters, with the effect getting more pronounced the closer to the poles one gets. The equator is fairly temperate, if cool.
      • Soteria - the larger habitable moon around Elea, surveys have revealed that it contains extensive caves overgrown with beautiful dark cerulean crystalline growths. These crystals have not yet been analyzed for their composition.
      • Astraea - the smaller moon around Elea. It is tidally locked, always showing one face to the planet of Elea.
  • Location: In the same hex as Mokk IX, in the Colonies region (top/left half)
  • Major Imports: Technology, defensive equipment, computers, chemicals, foodstuffs, luxury goods
  • Major Exports: Lumber, stone and marble, durasteel and other ores, precious metal ores, precious stones
  • Unexploited Resources: Seafood, game, and their byproducts have only begun to be explored as potential exports
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: Standard
  • Climate: Temperate
  • Primary Terrain: Grassland and forests along the equator and past the tropics. Large oceans surrounding the four large continents. Tundras of permafrost and glaciers band around and over the poles.
  • Atmosphere: Type I
LOCATION INFORMATION
  • Capital City: New Sterandel
  • Planetary Features: Primarily a rural planet with one large urban center and a few other smaller settlements.
  • Major Locations:
    • New Sterandel - the capital of Aegis, named for a region of Galidraan, that began its life as a collection of prefabricated buildings is now a bustling port city, expanding by leaps and bounds. The construction of larger buildings has begun in earnest now, though city planning places limits on the style and height of buildings. Extensive stone and marble quarries near New Sterandel have been exploited to build civic buildings and others, as well as serving as a lucrative export. It sits on a cliffside overlooking the Sea of Pallas, straddling the Cerulean River.
    • Cerulean River - a large, multi-branching river winding through the largest continent on Aegis, emptying into the Sea of Pallas by way of a stunning waterfall from beneath the capitol building. It powers several hydro-electric power generators build into the foundations of the city.
    • The Seas - although it is really, truly only one massive ocean, they are broken apart for ease of description: Pallas, Ergane, Promachos, and Alkidemos
    • Amsel Point - the highest peak of on the continent where New Sterandel is located, it has not yet been summited, although there have been annual competitions to do just that. Named for the loyal former Supreme Commander Rolf Amsel.
    • Tregessar Naval Shipyard - currently a planet-bound shipyard, it employs the shipbuilding process perfected at Qeravert IV to build starships in the middle of the ocean. There are plans to expand its operations to orbital facilities in the near term.
    • Seldon-on-Sapphire - a smaller city on the same continent as New Sterandel, built to house the workers and administrators of a strategically valuable ore mine, and to process the ore for shipment. It takes its name from the Sapphire River upon which it was settled.

POPULATION
  • Native Species: Various fish, game, and other animal wildlife.
  • Immigrated Species: Humans, Chiss, and others
  • Population: Sparse
  • Demographics: Primarily human, though with a smattering of Chiss and other races. There are no restrictions on immigration and egalitarianism is the policy of the government.
  • Primary Languages: Galactic Basic
  • Culture: As the system evolves out of clandestine colony status and grows into an open and free system, the lives of the individuals living on Aegis have become freer as well. With less emphasis on sustenance and survival, the leisure and arts circles have been flourishing. The law on Aegis -- throughout the entire Adytum System, really -- is borne of its original status as a hidden colony. People look out for their neighbors, are civic-minded and engaged with their government. Volunteerism is heavily emphasized, as is education. Polo, played on a domesticated creature not unlike a horse, is popular, as is cricket and football (played with feet, not with hands). Freedom of religion is a foundational principle in the Renascent Republic, and a sizeable minority -- about fifteen percent -- of the original settlers were followers of the Enlightened Balance, but there is no state religion or religious preference.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Constitutional Monarchy with a Parliamentary System. The Supreme Leader is the Head of State, while the Prime Minister serves as Head of Government.
  • Affiliation: The Renascent Republic (formerly Project Renascence)
  • Wealth: Medium - The capital of the Renascent Republic and the most heavily settled world, Aegis benefits from being a trade up for the other two planets in the system, Eos and Elea. As trade expands and more immigrants settle, the economy is only expanding.
  • Stability: High - Aegis is generally peaceful. It is viewed by many as a land of opportunity, where people can stake homestead claims and work the land themselves, or live and work in the ever-growing towns and cities. There is a sense of plentiful resources, enough for all to benefit from. Until the system started opening and accepting new residents, the people of Aegis and their sister planets were united in one purpose, almost comrades in arms, and so there was a great sense of unity and togetherness that meant conflict was at a minimum. As new people have come in, there have been some frictions, as one would expect, however the immigration system provides extensive resources and education for new residents such that by the time they are settled they should have a good idea of what is expected and why. Law enforcement and the military have a presence, with the aim of keeping crime low.
  • Freedom & Oppression: The Renascent Republic, including Aegis, is a free country. There is freedom of press, freedom of association, freedom of religion, property rights, and freedom of movement. Suffrage is universal for citizens over the age of eighteen, and new immigrants can become citizens after demonstrating their interest in remaining in the Republic and passing a civics exam.
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
  • Military: Not a power in itself, the Renascent Republic does have a not-insignificant population of military, including a land-based army (the Renascent Army), a water-based coast guard (the Renascent Coast Guard), and a space- and air-based navy (the Renascent Navy). These forces are volunteer-based and carry on a tradition of military excellence from their First Order roots. However, gone are the stormtrooper armor and TIE fighters, in favor of a new aesthetic with less baggage. The planet and the system are regularly patrolled and customs are enforced.
  • Technology: Galactic Standard
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Aegis began its present life as Survey Result #001138-Besh, a candidate for the site of the newly implemented Project Renascence of the First Order. The Adytum system was an ideal candidate for the project due to its secluded location. Finding the system was complicated because of its presence in a dense nebula, providing sensor dampening qualities. Following a more in-depth survey of the system, and site visits Natasi Fortan and Renata Westaway as well as other leaders in Project Renascence, the second planet was chosen as the home base for the project and christened Aegis, evoking a sense of protection and safety.

Aegis was settled quickly, the colonists raising shelter, defenses, and basic infrastructure in short order. From there, opportunities for economic development was a focus. With the disappearance of Natasi Fortan, Renata Westaway managed the growth of the colony from Dosuun until it became clear that the collapse, fear of which spurred the development of Project Renascence, was in the offing. She fled Dosuun, settling permanently on Aegis and taking a more direct control there. When news of the First Order's collapse into feuding faction reached Aegis, the colony went into lockdown, putting extra security measures in place to ensure that the colony would remain undetected. Once the crisis seemed over, more or less, the colony began recruiting again -- slowly and carefully adding to its ranks. Over the next decade and a half, as Project Renascence reached varying milestones, the plans laid out years ago in Dosuun were implemented, piece by piece: Renata's effective dictatorship became an advisory council, which became a cabinet that was eventually added to by Parliament, chartering the Renascent Republic with its capital on Aegis. Roughly equal populations were divided into districts, each electing an MP to sit in Parliament in New Sterandel. By the time Natasi Fortan emerged from the shroud of mystery that was her time in the Netheworld, she found Aegis to be the seat of a functional democratic constitutional monarchy.

Shortly after Natasi's return, the government made the decision to make its presence near Galactic Alliance borders known, to avoid the appearance that they had been caught out doing something sneaky. Though the planet was not as close to Alliance border as it became, and was never intended to be a thorn in the Galactic Alliance's side or pose a threat to it in any way, the optics of a secretive colony being discovered near the Alliance's borders could be quite damaging. Doing the galactipolitical equivalent of coming out with their hands up, the Renascent Republic issued a communique announcing their presence and requesting to open diplomatic relations with the Galactic Alliance.

Now Aegis and its sisters are opening up to new settlers, and the government that runs the system is petitioning the Galactic Alliance for membership, ready at last to rejoin the broader galaxy.

Last edited:
Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan

Nice and interesting submission that you have here! There are just two very minor things that I'd like to see modified but other than that it's looking pretty good!

The main issue I see is with Affiliation, based on the links and details you've provided the planet is tied very closely to Project Renascence but has seemingly gone its own direction. We typically prefer links to groups, factions, or whatever else in Affiliation so I'm just making sure that there's nothing there to be linked to. If the Renascent Republic is simply the name of the planet's government or the subject of a future submission then just let me know!

The second but minor issue is in Historical Information at the end of the last paragraph, it seems to be incomplete. Just finish that sentence there and you're good to go!

Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan

Nice and interesting submission that you have here! There are just two very minor things that I'd like to see modified but other than that it's looking pretty good!

The main issue I see is with Affiliation, based on the links and details you've provided the planet is tied very closely to Project Renascence but has seemingly gone its own direction. We typically prefer links to groups, factions, or whatever else in Affiliation so I'm just making sure that there's nothing there to be linked to. If the Renascent Republic is simply the name of the planet's government or the subject of a future submission then just let me know!

The second but minor issue is in Historical Information at the end of the last paragraph, it seems to be incomplete. Just finish that sentence there and you're good to go!

Hi Darth Strosius Darth Strosius - thank you for reviewing my work! I have completed the sentence fragment in Historical Information.

As for Affiliation, I've linked to the minor faction (Renascent Republic) and also updated the link in the Links section (at the top) to reflect Renascent Republic as well. I updated the minor faction between submitting this and today based on the existing narrative so that it all matches. It is not that the planet/government went from being affiliated with Project Renascence to being affiliated with the Renascent Republic, rather that PR evolved into RR. I can see now how that was not clear so thank you for helping me clear it up.

Please let me know if that works better now! Happy to make other clarifying updates as necessary.

CODEX MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Adytum System
Link to Submission: Adytum System
Reason for Moving to Codex Modification: Incorrectly listed region as 'Expansion Region' rather than 'Colonies' where it is intended to be; I just want to correct the location.

CODEX MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Aegis
Link to Submission: Aegis
Reason for Moving to Codex Modification: Incorrectly listed region as 'Expansion Region' rather than 'Colonies' where it is intended to be; I just want to correct the location.

Thank you, Srina Talon Srina Talon ! This is now ready to go back.

v1.01 Patch Notes:
Change Log
  • Field "Region" no longer incorrectly reflects "Expansion Region" due to submission author being map-illiterate. Updated to reflect "Colonies"
  • Field "Location" specifies Aegis' location in the portion of the Mokk IX hex that falls within the Colonies region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom