Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech SSG-661 “Armiger” Cybernetics Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

...Wants to run the big machine...

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Full Suite
  • Size: Extremely Large / Entire Body
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very High
    • Ballistic: Very High
    • Physical: Very High
    • Ion/EMP: Low
    • Environmental: Medium
    • Lightsabers: None
SPECIAL FEATURES

Strength and Agility: Increased strength, perception, reflexes, and information processing ability. Vastly improved durability and resistance to most combat hazards: shooting, bludgeoning, slashing, etc.​
Health and Wellness: Filtered toxins, poisons, and other harmful substances as well as greatly improved resistance to diseases and other forms of sickness. Life expectancy also increased dramatically. Improved metabolism and nutrient absorption.​
Intellect and Cognition: Improved both short-term and long-term memory. Compatible with most forms of knowledge cartridges. Did not stimulate muscle memory.​
Self-Preservation: Limited self-repair functionality eliminated the need for routine maintenance and allowed hosts to survive certain wounds which would normally be fatal.​
Digital Living: Provided local data storage, automated self-repair and maintenance, integrated scanners, and an augmented HUD with full-spectrum visual suite integrated scanners. Allowed remote interfacing with compatible electronics, vehicles, armor systems.​
Midichlorian Accommodation: Did not impair use of, or connection to, the Force.​

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES

[ + ] The Armiger Package contained virtually every benefit one could ever desire from high-end cybernetics in one convenient suite.​
[ + ] With increased resistance to most forms of conventional attack and marked health benefits, hosts of the Armiger Package regarded death only as a remote possibility.​
[ + ] Hosts of the Armiger Package did not experience any dampening of their connection to the Force, as was typical from most cybernetic modification procedures.​
[ - ] No attempts were made by the designers of the Armiger Package to obfuscate its presence. Trivial scans will always detect the Armiger Package in a host.​
[ - ] Hosts with shapeshifting or naturally quickened regeneration would lose those traits once the Armiger Package was implemented.​
[ - ] Hosts were became highly sensitive to Ion and EMP attacks. When exposed, they experienced severe nausea, dizziness, and malaise. These symptoms worsened proportionate to the power behind the attack, up to being rendered unconscious.​

DESCRIPTION

The SSG-661 "Armiger'' Cybernetics Package was a comprehensive suite of cybernetic enhancements utilized by the Silver Shield Group. Publicly, it was known as a product of Silver Shield's ever-illusive research and development division. The truth of the matter was that it was a product of Sith scientists that made up the Sictis Association, led by Darth Adekos. To them, it was called the Adekon Nanogene.​
Like the nanogene developed by Belia Darzu, the nanogene droids associated with the Armiger Package entered a host and slowly converted their organic structures into synthetic ones. Unlike the original nanogene, the Armiger Package converted its host into a highly sophisticated cyborg rather than a mindless technobeast. It also had the added benefit of preserving its host's Force Sensitivity.​
While implementation of the Armiger Package did not entail traditional surgery, it was still a time-consuming process and required special accommodations. The Silver Shield Group's medical technicians referred to it as "restructuring."​
Prospective hosts were put into stasis within a bacta tank. Otherwise, restructuring would cause excruciating pain - to the point where psychological trauma would be a distinct possibility for a host.​
Regular injections of nanogene droids would proceed from there, slowly converting organic systems into cybernetics. Organs and tissue that could not be completely converted were reinforced with artificial substructures instead. Additional injections would be administered as-necessary to ensure the nanogene droids received the materials they needed to work with.​
Medium humanoids would take up to one week to be restructured, with larger humanoids taking up to four.​
Restructured subjects would be left with a suite of highly advanced cybernetics integrated into them. The benefits ran the gamut from expected (greatly increased durability, stamina, senses, and strength), advanced (direct technological interfacing, integrated scanners, and HUD), to mundane (self-cleaning teeth, excess cholesterol removal, configurable sleep patterns).​
The nanogene droids were able to custom-tailor their modifications to any host, and so the vast majority of organic species could benefit from the Armiger Package. If the subject already possessed cybernetics, they would be upgraded or integrated as necessary..​
The Armiger Package was detectable even by cursory scans. It was not made for those who wished to keep their augmentations a secret. Hosts also displayed increased vulnerability to ion weapons and electromagnetic pulses. Such attacks would cause anything from general malaise to complete incapacitation, depending on the intensity of the attack.​
Distribution of the Armiger Package was closely controlled by the Silver Shield Group. It was not unheard of, however, for samples to find their way to the black market...​

Last edited:
Silver Shield Group Silver Shield Group

Hello, I am Vis and I will be reviewing this submission. I really love good cybernetics and the like, and always appreciate submissions which show creativity and innovation like this one! I really like how you have incorporated Sith alchemy and canon technology into this submission and appreciate the amount of time and research spent making it. Great-looking sub too, btw!

Okay, enough fawning, and on to the review...

My ONLY suggestion is this: A bit more in the description to discuss exactly the kinds of enhancements, their limitations and capabilities, etc. this process brings about. Is it the same for every subject or does it adapt to different species, genders, lifeform types, or individuals differently? Can this be used by Wookiees? Hutts? Ewoks? Is there a kind of species this cannot work with? What happens to subjects who are not placed into medically-induced comas or submerged in bacta? Is there scarring, possible disfigurement, trauma and potential mental instability, etc? What benefits does it bring to internal physiology, i.e. organs, immune systems, circulation, et al? Does it make you smarter or just better able to interact with various technologies? I guess what I am getting at is that I would prefer to see more detail about it overall. It's such a cool sub, and could offer a variety of really neat aspects both to individual characters and to RP that more detail would really help to enhance that.

Also, by my reckoning, this submission is actually 2 Points under power, so you can raise the ratings as you see fit if you like!

Thanks again and please, let me know if you have expanded the details or if you wish to approve it as it is!

Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali

Thank you!

I went ahead and expanded the description to address what you've asked, but let me know if I'm still missing anything. I also ended up adding another weakness to reflect that part of the description that's been added.

I'm not sure how the points system works, but I bumped up two categories.

Silver Shield Group Silver Shield Group

Gorgeous submission, sign me up, please. We do have some things to look at, however.

Firstly, was the change from Semi-Unique to Limited intentional or not? I would normally assume so, but since it was not noted in your changes and makes the resistances exactly one rating overbalanced it seems like this might not be the case.

Secondly, your description notes that "Because the nanogene droids drew from the Force itself, those who carried the Type 1 Nanogene were not subject to the same weaknesses when encountering electromagnetic or ion attacks.". This seems like something important enough to be noted in the Strengths, for obvious reasons, and the Weaknesses, if anti-Force creatures/materials/technology is able to compromise this function.

If they are not, I would suggest expanding on that a little bit too, just for clarity's sake. I would also note if this is near-perfect anti-Ion/EMP protection, which might be best portrayed by a higher "EMP/Ion" rating, or simply good enough protection that the user will probably be fine most of the time.

Finally, and very minorly, assuming the art is indeed from Cyberpunk 2077 it might be tidier to link to the game's webpage or the equivalent, in addition to the page where the image itself was harvested from.

AMCO AMCO

The production change was intentional, as it occurred to me Adekos couldn't actually give it to a meaningful number of his NPC followers at the previous level. I guess I just forgot to note it.

I've decided the force-drawing Nanogene droids are more trouble than they're worth and removed them.

Because of that, I have also added weakness to EMP/Ion as a result, which is now reflected that in the strengths/weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Lightsaber resistance has been lowered another category to more accurately reflect my intentions and hopefully bring the other resistances into scope.

A link to Cyberpunk 2077's website has been added to the image source.

FACTORY MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
  • Submission Name: Adekon Nanogene | Type 1
  • Link to Submission: Here
  • Reason for Factory Modification Request: Needs a face lift and better copy.
FACTORY ARCHIVAL TEMPLATE
  • Submission Name: Adekon Nanogene - Type 3
  • Reason for Archival Request: No longer relevant to current practices.
FACTORY ARCHIVAL TEMPLATE
  • Submission Name: Adekon Nanogene | Type 2
  • Reason for Archival Request: No longer relevant to current practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom