Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adekon Nanogene | Type 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Shield Group

Let Me See Your Identification

INZH9EYM_o.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Sictis Order
  • Affiliation: Sictis Order
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: Adekon Nanogene
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Electronic Components, Bio-Synthetic Components, Madilon, Molytex, etc.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Full Suite
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Average
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very High
    • Physical: Very High
    • Kinetic: Very High
    • Ion/EMP: Low
    • Lightsabers: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Increased strength, resilience, and durability
  • Increased resistance to diseases and other forms of sickness
  • Increased life expectancy
  • Improved nutrient absorption and metabolism
  • Improved filtration and nullification of poisons and toxins
  • Improved reflexes, reaction time, and information processing
  • Improved perception and sensory awareness

• Enables remote interfacing with computer systems and compatible electronics
  • Augmented HUD with full-spectrum visual suite; integrated scanners
  • Automated self-repair and maintenance
  • Local data storage
STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES
[ + ] The Adekon Nanogene conferred on its hosts all the benefits one would typically obtain from a series of high-end cybernetic implants. It was comparatively easy to administer, and roundly superior to almost all other commercial alternatives.
[ + ] It also made the host subject resistant to conventional forms of attack. Between general health benefits and increased durability, most of the Nanogene's hosts considered death of any kind a remote possibility.
[ - ] As with most extensive cybernetic surgeries, hosts of the Type 2 Adekon Nanogene had their ability to wield the Force severely dampened, if not lost entirely.
[ - ] Despite not being outwardly visible, the cybernetics installed by the Adekon Nanogene were easily detectable by cursory scans. Anyone making a token effort to identify cyborgs would always find someone carrying the Nanogene.
[ - ] Once the Adekon Nanogene finished restructuring a host, there was no way to reverse it. The results, for better or worse, were permanent.
[ - ] Any host with natural shapeshifting or regenerative abilities would lose them after the completion of restructuring.
[ - ] Sensitivity to Ion and EMP attacks was a known side effect of the Adekon Nanogene. While they would not summarily deactivate the Nanogene's implants or systems, they would induce nausea, dizziness, and a host of other temporary maladies. The severity of these effects corresponded to the intensity of the attack.

DESCRIPTION
The Adekon Nanogene was a suite of cybernetic enhancements designed by Darth Adekos. It functioned similarly to the original nanogene developed by Belia Darzu - but instead of turning hosts into mindless technobeasts, the Adekon Nanogene converted its them into advanced cyborgs. The Type 2 was a more widespread adaptation created by the Sictis Order, primarily for the purpose of outfitting their Nanogene Troopers.
Upon being injected into an organic host, the Adekon Nanogene would convert various organic systems into synthetic ones. Organs and tissue that could not be completely converted were instead supplemented with synthetic structures.
The nanogene droids were able to custom-tailor their modifications to any host, and so the vast majority of organic species could benefit from the Adekon Nanogene. If the subject already possessed cybernetics, they would be upgraded and integrated into the suite provided by the Adekon Nanogene.
Restructured subjects would be left with a suite of highly advanced cybernetics directly integrated into them. The benefits ran the gamut from expected (greatly increased durability, stamina, senses, and strength), advanced (direct technological interfacing, integrated scanners, and HUD), to mundane (self-cleaning teeth, excess cholesterol removal, configurable sleep patterns).
Certain species lost their natural abilities, such as shapeshifting or heightened regeneration, after restructuring.
Nanogene droids remained present within the host even after restructuring, carrying out maintenance and repair of the new synthetic structures and components. They were capable of replicating within the host as necessary.
The process of restructuring itself as time-consuming and often required special accommodations. Medium humanoids would take up to one week to be converted, with larger humanoids taking up to four. Subjects would often be placed into a medically induced coma and stored within a bacta tank until restructuring was completed. Otherwise, restructuring would be incredibly painful – to the point of potentially causing lasting psychological trauma.
All variants of the Adekon Nanogene were detectable even by cursory scans. Hosts also displayed increased vulnerability to ion weapons and electromagnetic pulses. These would cause anything from general malaise to complete incapacitation, depending on the intensity of the attack.
Unlike its predecessor, the Type 2 Nanogene made no special effort to preserve Midichlorians. Hosts displayed decreased sensitivity to the Force and lowered Midichlorian counts. Those who wielded the Force with distinct proficiency were unable to do so after restructuring.
Production and administration of the Type 2 Nanogene was strictly controlled by the Sictis Order. Samples of the Type 2 Nanogene appeared on the black market infrequently.

Last edited:

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Silver Shield Group Silver Shield Group

I do love me some nanotech. This is unfortunately coming in at one rating over at the moment - hold over from Type 1's spread, I assume? Please can you reduce one and re-balance accordingly.

I'd also suggest reflecting the potential for subjects developing PTSD from the treatment in the weaknesses and maybe add in some some clarification around if this could be picked up by sensor scan in a similarly vein to conventional cybernetics.

Otherwise, nice sub.

Silver Shield Group

John Locke John Locke

This is ready to be moved for live judgement. Changes are as follows:
  • Adjusted production level
  • Adjusted resistances
  • Updated description
  • Updated canon links
  • Updated special features
  • Updated strengths and weaknesses
  • Upgraded formatting
I don't know what the formula is for resistances. I believe it should be balanced. Please let me know if it's not.

Can't miss the chance to review this version of your Nanogenes too, now can I? Splendid as always, of course.
  • You might as well link the "Sictis Order" in Affiliations too; to be clear, I wouldn't hold up a submission over that, but some Judges might.
  • You might want to mention the loss of Force Sensitivity in Weaknesses too, since it seems pretty notable; up to you, however.
  • Your submission is three ratings underpowered; as you can see, "Minor" adds one point, as does "Large". The others should be fairly intuitive. Up to you if you want to change anything, I don't consider ratings the end all be all of armor/droids/etc., since "Other" can be almost anything.
Overall, this is quite a strong for Minor Production nanotechnology, but it's also thorough, well-made, and all-around lovely, so I'm happy to approve it.

Silver Shield Group

AMCO AMCO

Oh my. Well, I've bumped up the resistances, and that sheet I have just now discovered now declares it balanced. I went ahead and added the additional weakness.

Is hyperlinking it again really necessary? There's a hyperlink to what would be the same page directly above it.

The sheets are quite useful indeed - and this looks good to me. As for the hyperlinking, I wouldn't say it's necessary no, in fact I'm marking this as Pending Approval, but a strict interpretation of the rules may require it. As such, some Judges will likely ask for it to be added.

Easier to just do it out of habit, at least in my experience, but you do you. I don't personally consider it an issue.

Gir Quee Gir Quee

Silver Shield Group Silver Shield Group , AMCO AMCO is correct in that through strict interpretation of the rules, this should be hyperlinked per the General Submission Guidelines:

• All Affiliation fields must be linked to the Faction, Organization Submission, or Character where applicable.

There have been problems in the past with factions reusing names (there's been multiple Galactic Republics, Galactic Alliances) for affiliations but where the manufacturer was not linked directly to faction in the manufacturing field, which is why this guideline exists. I don't see this being an issue with this sub, since the faction is already linked in the manufacturing field.

Approved!

FACTORY MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
  • Submission Name: Adekon Nanogene | Type 1
  • Link to Submission: Here
  • Reason for Factory Modification Request: Needs a face lift and better copy.
FACTORY ARCHIVAL TEMPLATE
  • Submission Name: Adekon Nanogene - Type 3
  • Reason for Archival Request: No longer relevant to current practices.
FACTORY ARCHIVAL TEMPLATE
  • Submission Name: Adekon Nanogene | Type 2
  • Reason for Archival Request: No longer relevant to current practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom