Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Restricted Materials or Locations to Planet Submissions

Thus far there has been no systematic way explained for getting restricted materials like phrik or special locations like Force nexuses. This will now change, and will effect all new planet submissions. The template has been updated to reflect this.

Basically, the solution that myself and the Codex Judges has devised is that the larger scale you want a material, the more you have to work for it.

Please note that the intent for these two fields if you choose to use them is very important. I have instructed my CJs to not accept any but the best reasons. Planets created for the sole purpose of gaining a restricted material will be denied or have the material removed.

The template changes are as follows:

Major Exports: (What does the planet produce and bring to the galaxy, note that not all planets have to produce things. They can be barren or have riches yet to be discovered. If they have restricted materials [see banned and restricted section] there is a template that need to be filled out)
  • Material: (which restricted material is on the planet/moon?)
  • Amount: (the amount will determine whether a dev thread is required. Think carefully and do not abuse what you pick.)
    Small - Allows for unique items and cannot be mined for semi unique or above
  • Medium - Requires a dev thread of 25 posts to have and may be used for semi unique or below
  • Large - Requires a dev thread of 50 posts or more (at judges discretion) and is for minor or below

[*]Intent and Reasoning: (This is the most important and can get the material taken away if not completed. Why would you like to have this material?)

Major Locations: (What are the major locations on your world? At least one paragraph for each)
  • Force Nexus: (A force nexus is a focused area of the force that can be made on the planet or made from events on the world. Explain yours here.)
  • Size: (pick a size)
    Area - A small location on a world much like the dark grove or oasis that can be destroyed by people. May require a Dev thread
  • Location - A dev thread of 25 or more posts (depending on judges ruling) will allow for an area that can be renewed, can be large and powerful. (example is Valley of the Jedi, The Wellspring)
  • Planet - A dev thread and discovery thread (can be the same thread) of at least 100 posts will be required to find this force empowered world

[*]Intent:

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Total edge case question, but there's a few planets that were wiped in the Crash and never restored. At least one that I can think of would qualify for the new restrictions, and it's one I've been meaning to write up and resubmit. I didn't make it, but I was one of the people that RP'ed there quite a bit. Would a dev thread be required for the resubmission, or would those RP threads, if cited, count towards dev thread requirements for grandfathering in the resubmission?

How would editting an existing submission created by someone else go for a Force Nexus? Obviously this skeleton and requirements would need to be filled, but does the addition need to be submitted by the original creator of the planet itself, or just require permission from them?

[member="Amorella Mae"]
All edits of existing submissions require either the creator to do that or their permission. If they've left the site then talk to me about the specifics.

If you want to add a Force nexus all you need do is pre-emptively do the dev thread (if needed) and then request the change.

Valiens Nantaris said:
Major Locations: (What are the major locations on your world? At least one paragraph for each) Force Nexus: (A force nexus is a focused area of the force that can be made on the planet or made from events on the world. Explain yours here.) Size: (pick a size) Area - A small location on a world much like the dark grove or oasis that can be destroyed by people. May require a Dev thread Location - A dev thread of 25 or more posts (depending on judges ruling) will allow for an area that can be renewed, can be large and powerful. (example is Valley of the Jedi, The Wellspring) Planet - A dev thread and discovery thread (can be the same thread) of at least 100 posts will be required to find this force empowered world Intent:
We had a small discussion, my planet has a description of why there are those small spots on the planet that have a dark side nexus, we also declared them to areas, do you want me to go back anyways and add to the description to make it more believable? Planet's link is in my sig.

[member="Gregor Arthmael"]
Depends on the intent and extent of resistance. If you’re wanting to use the wood/bark for armour or protection then you’ll likely need a dev thread added to the species sub.

You won’t need to follow the restricted items list unless it does something like be lightsabres resistant…which likely won’t be allowed.

In reading this a question.

We like to discover a new planet within the mandalorian system that has beskar. Would a dev thread of 25 be appropriate for mining ? Or does it need to be 50? Just so I understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom