Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Act III: Insurrection

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
Tracyn merely scoffed at the fact that he spent so much energy lifting up a few measly bodies to deflect the blast. The burst, which Tracyn regularly permitted himself to use, was a very powerful and deadly force maneuver, that showered the Ex-Jedi Hunter with blood, sinew, tissue, bone, and fragments of bone. Force bursts were known to shatter ships and rocks, so a human body, or a near-human, would create a lot of flying debris towards Zius. He smiled a grim and evil smile towards Zius.

"The Jedi exiled me. The Jedi don't care about me. I almost killed one of their top Jedi. You, are a blithering fool with ideals and hatred so misplaced that they almost seem insane. And that- will be your undoing."A quick step inwards, and Tracyn brought his blade across his chest, and then released a swipe across the cyborg's chest, aiming to render him in half with a simple slice.

@[member="Zius Aurus"]

GROUP A --- DRAGON SLAYING

The start of Plantsurge; growing Grahn Vine's at an extremely rapid rate around her. BIG VINES COMING UP!!

[Musical Selection]

@[member="CC-117 Canal"] @Kallion @Spencer Jacobs @Phobos @Zius Aurus @[member="Janus Rogo"] @[member="Tracyn Ordo"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]@[member="Oryuken CC-128P"] @Racket @Circe Savan @[member="Oryuken CC-128P"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Vaudin Miir"] @[member="Marek Starchaser"] @Jhaega @HK-36

animalbeachbirdscloudsdarknesshorizonnatureoceanphotographyromanticsandsunsurrealthoughtfulwaterwindwoman-7055c1f26a8261edc5c5989bc3d93f44_m.jpg

To attempt the destruction of our passions is the height of folly. What a noble aim is that of the zealot who tortures himself
like a madman in order to desire nothing, love nothing, feel nothing, and who, if he succeeded, would end up a monster!

Several of the Kursed were now heading towards their direction, but the efforts of HK-36, Racket, and Verz were enough to hold them at bay. This gave her enough time to channel the amount of Light-side energy she needed for what she was about to do next.

Her aura practically pulsed with the Light-side of the Force, making her skin almost glow under the tanned bloody skin of the witch. However, while the resistance forces had given her time to focus on the Force, it did not completely shield her from Phobos mental attack.

The witch had been trained years ago to undergo a higher resistance to torture of chagrin, control mind, and fear. A skill learned from Rani Churs, a former Dark Lord of the Sith. But even those mental blocks were not enough to shield the elder witch. It was enough to cause her to stagger, her eyes flying open with a sharp gasp as her greatest fears came streaming forward from the locked doors of her past.

There was a buzzing at the edge of her hearing, one that quickly swelled and crested as primeval words filled her head with an electric charged power, feeding off her emotions as the Darkness stretched out it's icy claws to her.

For the darkness touched what mere mortals could not resist…. their own passions. It was then that it happened. It hit her like a ton of bricks; without fail and without mercy.

They always did.

In her mind she replayed the events of her life. So many faces flashed behind her eyes. Names, events, joys and sorrows. Family and friends and those dearly departed. Where were they all now? Where they alright?

Sorrow built within her heart, and she felt the weight of the galaxy once more burden her shoulders.

*Flash*

"Just think...” he whispered, the scent of spice filling the air, numbing the Force but still letting her register sensation. about how lovely you won't be soon. Think about the morning and what horrors await you there. Wonder. Dream. For they are all you have left now. I own your reality. Welcome to mine.”

Welcome to mine... Welcome to mine.

...You.... YOU were the monster responsible for the deaths!...

Ti'Cira's features seemed to shift. Her irises briefly flickered from ordinary amber to a fiery, intense gold. The bonds were a double edge sword. It was the reason why she had tried to cut herself off. Gods the voices...the blood, the cries.

...But that wasn't your only sin, no?...

Voices voices... There were voices. Xyra and...Patches. Retribution.

...Show her so she wouldn't deny it...

"Not m-mine," Ti'Cira croaked out, but unheard by the howls of the great beast. Nausea hit her. Bile rose in her mouth. Hot. No no! Pupils dilated, leaving only a small thin circlet of gold. Her whole body was shaking. Hot, stinging tears rolled her cheeks as memories came into her mind, unwelcome and not quite as banished as Ti’cira had hoped.

...She will see. Aye... Show her the truth...

No. The plea echoed in her mind like a harsh whisper. But there was no way to stop it. Her sin -- and just like every night, she felt each and every death within the fabric of the Force. There were echoes of voices trapped, yearning to escape. Her inner demons caused the Force to recoil violently within -- then burst out.

...You will remember...you will live it again...​

Knives/knife. Forgive me, but we all cannot be as stone cold as you. "Fragments of memories with no sense of time." "It scares me sometimes..." "This wasn't supposed to happen." "... please don't......" "I slept with the Butcher of..." cheekbone into a blossom of fire. hand grazed her thigh as he moved closer. The Butcher of His chest rose, finger pointed at her. Oh gods... Sometimes, a soldier has to be a monster Never see my family again? Some of us have feelings " kark YOU!" "this... was never supposed to happen. " ...so run if you are able "You called me here... just to give me this?" suddenly yanked back “Look at me.” He hated her. "Don't tell him......" She felt every cut, "My whole adult life..." bruise When I do die, it'll probably be a cold dark room broken bone Charred my arm down to the bone Jaedis. violation carved upon her body a thousand fold. Jaedis. He had to.Emotions bloomed, foreign. The Butcher of the part of the relationship he lived for. Oh stars... she kissed him again, hard, keeping one hand held just beneath his chin ...Relive it... excruciating pain After all she'd done....Please “Tell me you love me.” And will hurt, forever “Yes...just like that "It existed out there..." .... and you trust the memories of a monster!" No.. NO! It HURT! Sobs cut through the air. Stop.. stop!!... Someone like him couldn't possibly love someone like her.... Liar! You LIED. You PROMISED! and it'll be a closed casket funeral... "Look at me just like that...” "He wouldn't come for her. -screaming nerves, burning all the way up- She didn't deserve that. Betrayal-- utter betrayal. "And then I found you."“Tell me you love me!” After all, I know you. The Butcher of if I even have one? "I DIDN'T DO THAT BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" Don't look away. You did this.No one would come for a monster like her. The Butcher of This... this is a good death Shadows danced. "I'm sorry "And suddenly..." “I. Despise. You.” She won't haunt me any longer remind me of the consequences of my actions Shadows danced.There is no shame in this “Tell me you love me!” forgive...... me.....

*Flash*​
*****​
She fell to her knees, gasping for breath, tears that had begun pouring out of her eyes mixing with that of the overhead storm. Bare hands drove into the wet earth, as her body seemed to spasm in the fear.

No... not again... not...

But it began as a whisper. A distant voice. Another. An aria of such beauty. It began to soothe her soul and quell the demons that had haunted her long ago.

Spencer.

Ti'Cira took a deep breath. She could feel the dark tendrils of fear begin to dissipate. A gush of air came pouring out of her lips, vibrant gold eyes staring through wet tendrils of auburn hair.

No. She would not be the one to submit. Not this day. Not Today.

Her lips then went curling back, revealing her bared teeth as her hands fisted the wet dirt under her. That Force power that she had begun to channel earlier, although it had staggered a bit in strength due to the hallucinations, it did not quell her determination and will.

"ARRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" she gave a savage cry declaring her independence, and with the hounds of the Nine Hells at the edge of her mind, the witch slammed a hot wave of Light-side Force energy onto the saturated ground under her. An immense light seemed to emanate from Ti'Cira as the two hundred seeds around her suddenly burst into sprouts, growing faster and faster at an immense rate of the already fast growing vines.

Once again, Mandalore birthed life, verdant life, as the witch poured her energy into the ground to fully grow each and every seed around her in a tangle of vines she would soon use to entrap and tie down the Kursed.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Where was the plant man in all this kerfuffle? Buried under a pile of rubble. Hey, that rhymes.

Jak spat out concrete dust, thankfully no more injured than before. He was in a very small makeshift coffin of rebar, pilings, and broken walls and floors all cocooned around him. While he was planning a way out that wouldn't bring the house down on him, suddenly, brutal images of horrors nigh unimaginable swarmed his mind, all circling around one prominent image. Emily, horribly bleeding her life away, gasping her last as she reached helplessly towards him.

His knees gave, and he sank, crying at the harsh reality of it all. Wait. No, this was not reality. Only the future. But... if it was the future...

"It can be changed," he murmured. Keeping the graphic image of Emily near the front of his mind, he cleared himself of all but one purpose: that that future would never come to pass.

It helped a lot that all the other images seemed to have faded away of their own accord.

"...no... it will never happen," he said, gritting his teeth against the dulling pain in his chest. "I will die before I see it happen."

Drawing within himself, he gathered a ball of power, and upon releasing it, let the mysterious power known only as the Force flow through him. It exploded, shattering the makeshift tomb.

Jak looked up to see a long tunnel above him. Apparently he had fallen farther than he had thought...

Leaping up to the rim in stages, he found himself on the edge of a city. In the distance, he could hear muted explosions, plenty of screaming, and overall a general atmosphere of loss. They need me out there... Setting off at a dead run, he began to sink into the ocean that was the living, breathing Force. Letting it seep through him, he began to collect power, feeding off plant life in the area, and with a final burst, shot a powerful blast that catapulted him far forward. For the second time in as many hours, he found himself falling towards the ground without a weapon.

.... oops.

EDIT: As he was catapulting, he felt something very strange and OH GOD THE PLANTS AROUND HIM WERE SCREAMING IN TERROR IT WAS AGONY MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP

Holding back the onslaught of plant life, he fell, and managed a glimpse of a lady, plant life moving to her whim. What startled him was the fact that it was not Circe.

Then he hit dirt. Only this time he felt no pain. Only a strange, growing, toughening... He watched, transfixed, as his arm began to shell up seemingly of its own accord. This power she had... it was... incredible...

@[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
Circe was still there, looking at @[member="Janus Rogo"]. "Ignore the voice... Don't keep listening to it like a fool. You don't even know who or what it is." Then came a shudder of fear. How did she intend to deal with the fear? By blocking it out with her own unfettered anger. And cursing internally. By focusing on that, she was able to somewhat resist the consistent probing. Not to mention that having already been mentally raped by a hyperpowered Force user beforehand, such an invasion wasn't entirely without resistance.

Farkled! Motherkarker! Krinking fether! Drukload! Poodoo! Fierfek! Nerf herder! Laserbrain! Schutta! Sleemo!

It was a good thing she didn't know Jak was here.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"] @[member="Phobos"] @[member="Janus Rogo"] @Whoever cares

Group A--Broken Down Shed Near Tunnel Entrance

The Commander's rifle leveled at the massive beast's midriff. He had no idea where the vitals on such a creature were located-- the stomach tended to be a good start. He felt his finger twitch to pull the trigger, the metal sliding against his armored gauntlet, he swore it was real, and then it wasn't.

Beta Four, it seems you are unfit." The soothingly calm voice was all a lie. Calico knew it was a lie. The stale white halls: the unsettling pale lights, the sense of grace and perfection that permeated throughout the entire facility, he remembered it so clearly. No, he was there , not remembering.

The fish like head of Ko Sai, one of the head Kaminoan clonemasters, towered over him. Now, Calico knew what was happening. He stared down at his tiny hands, then at the identical children at his left. He had just turned two, and it was time for assessment.

"It would be a waste to recondition this one. It is...defective." Another calm, male voice replied out of Calico's sight. ARC-247 wouldn't dare turn from his position of attention. "Imperfect. Look at its jawline, it does not match. An issue with the coding, perhaps?" The male voice continued.

Defective, reconditioned, imperfect. These things meant death on Kamino, and that wasn't how the little boy wanted to spend his second year. His brother didn't say a word, they simply watched, and waited for the verdict. They were all perfect, they all looked perfect, they all acted perfect. Calico's chin was slightly more angular and he had difficulty understanding the finer aspects of the Jedi he was told would be his masters.

These things were imperfections, and warranted cleansing. "Indeed." Ko Sai's voice cooed back. "Beta Two Four Seven. Join me, you will be reconditioned to better meet quality standards." The Kaminoan spoke to him as if he were a droid, not a human toddler--Calico knew that now. He hadn't known then. His tiny, adolescent self simply nodded and followed after Ko Sai as she took long, graceful strides out of the pale workroom.

She said no words to the boy on the short trip across corridors. This was when one of the Sergeants--Calico couldn't recall whom, he liked to think it was Bralor-- was supposed to come, scoop him up, snap at Ko Sai, and place him in an RC battalion. That was how he remembered it. That wasn't happening now.

The two strode into a large, multi-chambered. "Follow your orders Two Four Seven. Perhaps...you will serve as maintenance." With that, Ko Sai glided back the way they had come. Calico stepped forward, eying the massive chambers before him. A protocol droid of some-sort, it looked silver, stumbled on over to the little clone and grabbed him by the arm, bringing about a yelp from the child.

"You are imperfect and must be euthanized." That was all it said as it led the child; tears forming in his eyes, toward one of the chambers. The doors hissed shut behind him.

Something stirred Calico from the stupor. He had frozen up. The Commander was simply staring at Jhaega as rain fell upon the dehydrating world. The planet itself seemed to be rising up against the Kursed as they were enveloped in its swiftly grown vegetation.

That wasn't real. That isn't what happened, you're alive...but...oh shab...

It took him a moment to become aware of the moisture settled on his eyes, and the violent rate of his heartbeat. The memory--no, the lie had absolutely terrified him., and it would for quite some time. Calico had tried very hard to force those memories aside, yet, the monsters had ripped them out from the vaults guarded so deeply in the recesses of his mind.

It was disgusting.

"Finish off the Kursed, support against the flying di'kut." He growled, unsure whether to be angry or melancholy. The former was easier, you didn't have to think when you were angry. His boys were taken care of, they could let loose.

The Commander stood up tall and took aim at the Kursed nearest his little group--trapped in vines and soaked in rain. The rifle gave two soft cracks as the midriffs of a Nautolan and a human female exploded in a violent display of grotesque retribution. The tears had been forced back, replaced by a pure desire to get even.

That was exactly what he intended to do.

Calico held up his right hand, motioned toward Jhaega's belly--the only target he could think of-- and opened fire with the high caliber DMR attachment of the DC-17. He didn't know if it would break the scales or not, but he liked to think it would at the least give the Dragon an upset stomach.

"Slot him! Pop his belly open! If logic serves right, that should be the soft spot!"

@[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Kallion"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Phobos"] @[member="Zius Aurus"] @[member="Tracyn Ordo"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Oryuken CC-128P"] @[member="Oryuken CC-128P"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Marek Starchaser"] @[member="Jhaega"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"] @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @AllOthersIForgotToMention

Kathryn Dae

K
Near the dragon, presumably

Kill them all.

Kathryn had no need to think of anything else. It was of no consern to her. Anything engaging the beast must die, and it must die in a manner suitable for the vile infection they were. Her lightsaber ignited, and without care for who she took on, she dived into the Melee. Her sudden arrival heralded the death of two rebels in quick succession - one by means of his own blaster bolt being redirected into his face, spraying blood for a moment before the bolt seared the wound shut. The second fell moments later, as her momentum carried her lightsaber through its neck.

With her violent entrance made, Kathryn looked for the next target... and promptly made her way to it with lethal intentions...

[Anyone who's up for being her next fight, tag me!]

Protecting Cira
Flanking Dragon So Hard!
Blaster fire licked the flesh; face after face. The sizzling blasters in his palms looked like automatics. There was no evidence to make anyone believe otherwise unless you were watching the little rodents fingers. Arms spread aiming to both sides while jumping around the group. His little head under everyone's line of fire. "EEEeeeEEeeWWWwwwW MuRDeRED YoUUU!!!!!"
Thoughts began to flash through his head. RAcMeer didn't fear anything because they only cared about one thing. Themselves. Random flashes of what he wanted rolled through his head. He Wanted That Fracking Dragon Dead On The Ground. He Wanted Mandalore Back. He WANTED ALL OF THE FRACKING KURSED TO DDDDDDDDIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!​
The effects on his mind had an opposite effect of his lady who was on the ground fighting for her sanity. RAcket had just been kicked into a level of crazed he hadn't felt in years. "AAAaaaarrrrrrRRRRrrRRRgGggggggggGgGGGgghHHHhh" Mando knife in one was the only weapon he held in his right. The other was just a claw filled fist. Hitting top speed and a leap sent him back into their ranks. This time blood was what he wanted. Body slammed into a Kursed's head while his claws gripped it's hair. His arm reared back and jabbed into the skull eight times. Each time sinking the blade into it's skull with a crunch followed by blood spitting out. His aim was for the cheek bones and eye sockets. Feet kicked off of the standing corpses chest dropping it instantly while he flew at his next victim. His free hand connected first with the jugular gripping, twisting, and ripping the apple from the throat right as his blade sliced into the temple.​
Dropping himself on the ground brought him into the middle of a group of ten Kursed. His face was drenched in blood as the torrential downpoor continued to fall from the heavens. His eyes whipped around the group while he crouched down low. It felt like a split second, because it was , when all ten Kursed rushed him. "AaaaAarrrrRrGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH" RAcket Screeched through wide foaming jaws while his body took action. He jumped up and unleashed a kick into the throat of one guy. Twisting into a spin brought his empty hand wielding his blaster and him facing a old woman. DoomDoom. FAce lift was administered. A hand gripped his collar and lifted him into the air before slamming him down onto the ground hard. A boot was coming down quickly. Racket rolled to the right and spun on his back avoiding the stomp. Both feet extended outwards at the mans knee. The bones broke through the skin out the other side bringing the man's torso down to the ground. Racket's blaster unloaded two shots into his face before the Mando blade dug into the dudes chest. Racket's grip was strong and with a firm yank he brought himself back off of the ground avoiding two more boots. Jumping at a child to his right turned into a tackle and sent them both rolling. His right arm with the blade choked the kids neck using him as cover while firing into the ranks of the Kursed. They approached from all around. DoomDoomDoomDoomDoomDoomDoomDoomDoomDoomDoomDoomDoomDoomDoomDoom.
Kinife licked across the boys throat. Both weapons in Racket's hands were holstered as he jumped back allowing his back to hit the ground with his hands by his head. No hesitation. Pushing hard spring loaded his body back up, legs unloaded, kicking the boy in the back with everything he had. His little head ripped off from where the blade had already destroyed the flesh leaving the skull in front of Racket. Grabbed it and rushed the Kursed who just had their legs taken out by the decapitated body. Lifting the meat sack over his head and slamming it down on the other skull resulted in an unnatural crunch. The faces both became misconstrewed and Fracked. Again and again RAcket brought the skull down on the other guys face.​
Racket's mind was filled with things that he wanted and he was going to get it. His screams were being muffled by the rain but the Kursed were still coming in to kill him. He gripped the wet bloody hair and launched it at the closest Kursed.​
Purity
A light in life filled called out. All four feet hit their stride back to where he had left his force wielding baby. As he was approaching his eyes caught sight of huge vines moving through the beginning of the Kursed ranks. Leaping onto one of the huge green plants allowed him to not be swallowed. Some ducking and weaving allowed him to avoid injury. He couldn't say the same for the meat sacks around him. Leaping off the vines brought him back into the tight ranks of his group behind the deadly vines at his lady's control.​
"WHaTEvEr YoU ThINk MiGHt HaVE HappENEd OuT ThErE........ DiD." Racket screeched loud enough for the group to hear.​
@[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"], @[member="Zius Aurus"], @[member="HK-36"], @[member="Antares Windu"], @[member="Marek Starchaser"]....... Anyone else with us

REBELS-Fighting anyone
Nyos held his ground as corrupt Mando's continued to come at him like a swarm of moths drawn to a flame. Spinning, ducking, dodging and countering, the cyborg worked an effective perimeter around himself. Seeing a woman with a lightsaber attack those Mando's who hadn't fallen to the spell, Nyos pushed his way over to her.

Why go against the galaxy, the rebels will not let this stand? He spoke a he slew a pair of corrupt.

@[member="Kathryn Dae"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Protecting @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] from Hordes of Kursed
"A good hunter does not stop from chasing his mark even if the world itself is being consumed in flames of madness."
HK stated as he swung his sword here and there, keeping TiCira protected and nodded to Racket's words as the hordes of Kursed closed in on him, he had no intention in seeking glory by killing the dragon, rather he wanted to make sure this whole thing ended sooner rather than later, and he calculated that would be achieved with TiCira staying alive.

"I am doing all I can,"
He answered to @[member="Racket"], delivering a roundhouse kick to a charging Kursed nearby.
"And for Force's sake, quiet it down, I am trying to concentrate."
He commented at the Space Racoon's shrill war cries

The droid stopped as the Kursed kept coming, hordes, thousands, just like the Undead swarm all over again.
Every Force-damned week..
He thought to himself, reaching back to unsheathe one of his swords with a scrape of metal against metal. He raised his front foot in front of himself, his free hand was extended towards the Kursed, his palm facing them as his other hand wielding his training lightsaber was raised above his head slightly, the blade pointing towards the advancing enemy. It looked like something similar to Crane Style of Kung Fu martial arts, at least in the opening.
"Well, let us dance."
He muttered out as the Kursed got into his range. With a quick snap-kick he sent the one flying into a couple of his comrades, knocking them down to the ground as he easily blocked incoming attacks with lightsaber, delivering sturdy strikes from his open-palm hits to precisely knock the wind out of the Kursed and sent them flying back or break some bones.
The droid tried to do his best to knock them out rather than kill the Kursed, he still held some calculated hope that they may be brought back from this state.
He ducked under a swing aimed at his head and counter-attacked with a good slash of his training blade to opponent's intestines, it made the being bent in half from the momentum of the impact as his armor was shattered. The droid span slightly, bringing down his metal elbow into the being's back to hammer him down into the floor with sturdy hit.

He continued to dodge and counter-attack, evading enemy attacks and sending them flying somewhere back or to the floor in Ti'Cira's circumference while she finished casting her spell.

"ARRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

Came the witch's cry, HK turned around to look at her, surprised at the scream, just as he evaded a stab at his chest and grabbed a hold of Kurst's weapon arm, twisting it uncomfortably and disabling it.
"Elder Witch, what is going on?"
It was safe to say that Phobos' mental attack of fear and terror did not affect the droid. It was not because HK had powerful mental defenses, it was simply because HK was not aware of it as such tactics did not worked on machines. If they would HK would have been swayed by the powerful spells Phobos employed as well. Besides, to HK organics were weird enough, he thought it was norm for them to start freaking out for no reason.

The machine did not had time to make sense of it or receive a reply as large veins began to shatter through the ground and erupt like a volcano of plant-life, the terrible yet beautiful results of Plantsurge.
Well what else had HK to do as he beheld the explosion of life?
He jumped onto a vine and started to surf on it towards the Kursed like Tarzan! His lightsaber whooshing through the air as he sliced right and left, knocking out the Kursed with good accurate strikes.

@[member="Zius Aurus"] @[member="Jhaega"] @[member="Antares Windu"] @[member="Kara Avoyos"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Sarah Frostlight"] @[member="Marek Starchaser"] @[member="Kallion"] @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"] @[member="Ordo"] @[member="CC-935 Bluejay"] @[member="Oryuken CC-128P"] @[member="Vaudin Miir"] @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

To others he called out,
"Focus on taking that draconian beast down, me and Racket have the hordes under control so far, if things go really bad, we will let you know!"
Hopefully those nearby enough would hear his shout, the writer has no idea where others really are in relation to Ti'Cira, Racket, and HK.

Rogo shook his head sadly, looking around for the woman. Her voice was coming from everywhere. She was either close enough to be trouble, hiding with the force, or further off, with a line of sight on him. This was bad. His mind raced. Kill... Kill... Kill.... The situation, figure it out. Raining, wet, ruined buildings. Lots of cover. The chance of reinforcements could go in either direction. She was a Force user, too, so keep her off balance. Keep her from focusing. Right now, she had time to do that, he was almost certain of. Unless her mind was elsewhere. Focus. Focus, focus, focus. The mindset was half the battle right now.

"Easier said than done, girly.", he said, frowning, almost sadly. "There's a problem with that voice....

@[member="Circe Savan"]

HIGH IN THE SKY, OVERLOOKING THE FIGHT

Jhaega did not cease in his ascension through the skies; his breath rained fire down, just as the storm began to brew and spit. Before long fire merged with water, causing a significant loss in fire-power from the dragon. FIND THE WITCH WHO CAUSED THIS he transmitted to the KURSED yet again. In the far distance he could feel his brother twitching. Soon it would be a battle on two fronts.

Without warning the great beast swung low toward the ground. He took up a few unnamed rebels in his great maw and carried them off. With a sickening crunch he split them apart in his jaw, allowing limbs to rain down upon the rebels below. The KURSED continued their assault, some specifically nearing the group with @[member='TiCira D'Arr Hawk']. Gunshots were fired, directed at the beast, and while a few struck home they did little. They were not concentrated on one set spot, due to Jhaega's flying habits, meaning that each time resulted in the same glinting hit against his scales.

When the fool thought to leap from the building he sent another jet of flames down, specifically in the direction of @[member='Nyos Val']. The boy missed by a hair breadth, managing to damage a few of the outer scales on his side as he rose further into the air. There was only so much rooftop, yet Jhaega had wings on his side.

PUNY MORTALS; YOU CANNOT WIN. MORE WILL COME, YOU WILL BE CRUSHED. YOU ARE SO FEW, BUT THE KURSED MAKE UP THIS WORLD, AND THE NEXT, AND THE NEXT... YOU WILL NOT WIN. AKALA WILL RULE SUPREME. AKALA WILL REIGN!

In Umbris Potestas Est
@[member="Janus Rogo"]

"And what problem is that, handsome?" She was focusing, alright, though not entirely on him - those obscenities were still being repeated in her mind, an ardent attempt to ignore the fear creature that was trying to mentally shove itself deep into her mind, drivi her completely and utterly mad. She then recollected what one of the more jihadist types she'd gunned down earlier had said.

"Is it the voice of Akala?"

The Hound

T
Force lightning? He had never seen a Jedi use the power before, at least he assumed that the man was a Jedi. What was his connection to Sophia? Was this the man named Josiah? He didn't have time for thought though. Raising his Force Saber up, the lighting sizzled against the plasma bladed weapon. Taking his off hand from the hilt of his blade, he called his second weapon to his hand, ignighting it as well, the silver blade of an Imperial Knight erupted from the intricate hilt with a snap-hiss. Swinging his Force Saber to the right dispelled the electricity to the ground, causing a black, smoldering dent in the permacrete wall of the building next to him. His eyes narrowed at the man. "Fine. I'll kill you first and then...make Sophia suffer."

With a grunt, he threw the silver-bladed weapon at his opponent, a broken hum filling the air as the weapon spun in a large circle as it headed for Josiah, aiming to cleave him in half.
@[member="Josiah Denko"]

Sophia didn't know what to say or what to do really. Turin never acted like these even if they were not together anymore she knew him as a better person. He wouldn't try to kill her just because she was with someone else would he? He would wish her the best just as she would wish him the best.

A tear streamed down her face as she watched her former love fight her husband. She wanted to stop it however she wasn't sure that she could stop the two of them from trying to kill each other.

"Turin, stop this please. Your angry at me not him don't take your aggression out on him." @[member="Josiah Denko"] could take care of himself as she was well aware of it was just she didn't want to see the two of them fight.

@[member="Turin Val Kur"]

Mandalore the Insurgent

M

With Mel making them an entrance into the Fortress, the Insurgent allowed her to lead them up and into the massive edifice. Phobos was at work, but he'd long gotten used to that particular beast. "We have to get to @[member="General Kaa"]." Already they were being swarmed by Kursed, but the Mandalore's weapon never seemed to stop firing for long.

He was used to this amount of swarm, that much was obvious.

GROUP A --- DRAGON SLAYING

[SIZE=17.77777862548828px]Continuing Plantsurge. --- ATTENTION ALL KURSED AROUND GROUP A. I AM ATTEMPTING TO TANGLE YOU UP IN GRAHN VINES TO HOLD YOU TWIST AND ENSNARE YOU IN PLACE, THESE VINES ARE NORMALLY USED AS A BASE FOR STRONG ROPES.[/SIZE]

[Musical Selection]

@[member="CC-117 Canal"] @Kallion @Spencer Jacobs @Phobos @Zius Aurus @[member="Janus Rogo"] @[member="Tracyn Ordo"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"] @[member="Oryuken CC-128P"] @Racket @Circe Savan @[member="Oryuken CC-128P"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Vaudin Miir"] @[member="Marek Starchaser"] @Jhaega @HK-36

tumblr_mua3u4I2ST1r1gkyzo5_250.gif
Rain fell in strong pellets, pouring around the elder witch as the tangle of Grahn vines kept growing in an explosion of verdant growth. The vines went tunneling under the ground, digging through dirt and cracking duracrete as they grew. But it was not without a will, not without a method.

No, within the glowing amber eyes of Ti'Cira, there was a purpose. A determination.

Controlled by the witch's hammering will, the vines grew, bloomed, seeded, and then regrew again, a continuing cycle as they burst under the Kursed within their vicinity to grow and twist around them, ensnaring anyone that wasn't quick enough to avoid it. Once ensnared, the Kursed would find it difficult to dodge and fight, and nearly impossible to move unless they escaped through sheer force or finesse.

This was how wave, after wave of Kursed would soon find themselves rooted to the ground, and with luck, powerless to prevent the rebel forces from ensuring they no longer were a threat.

Ti'Cira's entire focus was on this sole task, protected by Verz, HK, and Racket, enabling to continue uninterrupted as the vines grew...and grew in an ever increasing and expanding sphere reaching one kilometer in diameter as the storm continued to roll overhead, a thunder rolling within Ti'Cira's heart and echoing up in the ether, as lightning flashed and thunder roared.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Jhaega"]
ON ONE OF THE TALLER VINES, TRACKING JHAEGA'S MOVEMENTS

--Important Stuff About HK Targeting Jhaega--
HK's surfing, sliding, and climbing on the mess of large vines and roots summoned by @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] led the droid onto one of the spiraling tree-like plant spires. From there he had the look onto the massive figure of Jhaega the dragon soaring above them. Speeding on the vines to follow the dragon, HK upholstered his trusty Verpine shatterpistol, coking the gun he held it tightly in his grip as his electronic photoreceptors kept track of the winged reptilian leviathan of the skies. He saw his moment, the chance was coming.
Running up a vertical skyward root he spun on a single foot as he came to its top, balancing himself like a crane he rotated, tracking the drake whilst he extended forth his pistol, taking aim.

It was as if time stopped for the droid as his systems went to work at exceeding fast speed, his helmet and receptors tracking the target, in his mind trajectories of the projectile and possible paths of the dragon extended out in dotted lines, calculations running in front of his eyes as the paths connected and crossed, his enhanced mind choosing the one with the highest probability for maximum accuracy and destruction to the target, a path that would lead the bullet of the shatterpistol towards the weakest point of the dragon.

If he could take a deep breath, he would, to him it was one of those important moments where one truly tested their skills and lucks, the dragon was his Death Star, and he was about to sent forth his proton torpedo. If the dragon still hasn't noticed him then it gave him great advantage, HK was much harder to be sensed through the Force or thermal means, and his shatterpistol was a completely silent and very quick hitting weapon, able to even shatter armor of some vehicles. Whether it succeeded or not, this was a hit-and-run attack. He stood on the green tower among the lake of plants, his Esgaroth, and looked upon the figure of the flying Jhaega, his Smaug the Golden. He was in that split-second, an instance among thousand moments, Bard the Bowman, facing a chance to either save others in one smooth hit or continue to watch the destruction. The droid's shatterpistol was ready and he was prepared to sent his bullet on his journey, his strong longbow of the Men of Dale and his Black Arrow, the one that always came back to him after so many battles, the one that was meant for something much more than simple slaughter. His systems and tracking modules kept him on his target and as precise as his body would allow him. They kept whispering to him like the little Thrush of the story, a cunning informative bird, telling the Bard of the one weak spot of Smaug, allowing him to plant a final strike into the beast.

HK was not able to manipulate or manifest the currents of the Force, he was only able to serve it the best as he can, he hoped, so very much, that the River of Life, the Force, would return the favor and grant the dragon swift demise.

There was no snarky words or cool one-liners, as time started to move for the droid once more he pulled the trigger and sent the silent projectile on its way, what was meant to happen would happen, the droid showed only focused determination and desperately clanged to his hopes that this all would end as soon as possible.
--End of Important Stuff--

While this was all going on the droid may have been collected and cool on the outside, but inside he was in deep turmoil.
He didn't really knew how to feel about this. Jhaega was a terrible creature, sure enough, but he was also unique, and in his way, even beautiful. There weren't that many of his kind around, and who knew? Perhaps the dragon was only doing this because he was a Kursed like the others? The droid did not knew but he knew that right now the dracon was causing A LOT of destruction, and sometimes, just sometimes, one needs to take a life to save more lives. So when HK saw a chance, he used it, he took aim and pulled the trigger.

HK didn't hate the dragon, it was heard for the droid to hate anybody who he knew was being controlled or manipulated, like the Kursed, or grunts of other factions, lies and propaganda could cloud eyes and minds just as much as any Force trick attacks could. If there was one thing he wished for the dragon it was freedom, whether in life or in death, he hoped Jhaega would be released from the Kursed control.

In a way the droid hoped that his attack would fail.
Why would that be? Well for once he came to a point in his existence where he hated to take lives, he also didn't wanted for the rage of the Kursed to fall solely upon him, although that was something he could use and direct away from others to distract their enemies.
There was also another reason, and that was the defiance of him missing his mark.

Defiance against his original makers, those that first spun his programming, and those that still tell him that it is not his place to teach others, to wield a lightsaber, or to feel and make connections. Defiance against those who view him only as an assassin droid and nothing more but tool of destruction.
That would really show them, doing all he could to conduct a successful lethal sniping maneuver and yet fail, knowing that the full extend of his body and programming was not enough to measure him along with other great snipers of the Galaxy.

He would be free then, free to proclaim, proudly so proudly,
"You wanted me to be one of the deadliest Assassin Snipers of my time? You wanted me to be a tool of destruction to be used for your profit? Well guess what? You do not make my destiny, you do not forge my life, or dictate my role in the Galaxy. I do. I am my own Master and I will decide what my role and purpose is! Behold as I fall short in what you meant for me to be, yet I soar and grow in proficiencies I choose for myself. You thrust a rifle and pistol into my hands, I discarded that for favor of my lightsaber. I will never be the Assassin you wished me to be. I am the Iron Knight."
Of course, there was always that chance that he would hit his mark and Jhaega would plummet from the skies, dead or wounded, and the droid would be left to only say.
"Aww. Well frack it all."

After all, in the end it was not the Huttesse Cartel Engineers and Technicians he thought about as his creators or fathers. They may have built an empty husk but it was somebody else that gave it spirit and drive to go beyond his nature. An old, long dead Jedi that taught the droid how to wield a saber, being that pushed HK into luminosity of serving the Force and the Light Side, and yet whose death launched HK into one of the darkest periods of his life. It was Master Zhar Lestin, a lightsaber arts teacher on Dantooine to whom HK was brought from Mandalorian Crusades.

Well, whatever his attack against the dragon would bring, HK was ready, whether it was the death of dragon or the droid when the beast would come after him with his fire, or perhaps mutual destruction, he was ready to face the consequences.

Phobos

P
A shield, against him? The master of fear? This simply wasn't possible, at least not to Phobos, as he focused his will upon the mind holding the shield. The key to fear was making it unique to each victim, what one person feared another could laugh at, but if you break into any single mind and used it against them it was impossible to avoid. With a smirk though he enjoyed the battle his brother was enduring above, perhaps he'd finally be removed from the equation.

Like a thousand crawling insects the creature of fire and shadows moved through @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] mind, plucking away at the possibilities. The first problem was obvious as most of the things she loved were already dead there were so few left. So instead he gave them back to her, the love of her life was there again, and dying as the Ashin's skin fell off her in sheets as the strength feel from her. Why did you leave me? Together we could have won!

She was almost real, if only Spencer would save her, from dying again. Even her force signature was present as the background faded into the moment Ashin died. Even her emotions matched to the empath, there was hardly any distinction between reality and the image, all she had to do was reach out and she could save her this time.
This was not the only hallucination though as the mind of Phobos moved among the rebels, this was the end of it all, and he may even get the ultimate prize, his brother's death.
@[member="Mandalore the Insurgent"]

Undisclosed Location - Mental Battle with Phobos!

She felt him crawl into her mind, she had opened herself up to protect the other minds. Spencer drew her knees to her chest as she stayed in the cocoon, hoping he didn't’ find her. Though if he did find her that meant the others were safe. Holding her breath, she focused on the meditation and trying to keep him from diving deeper into her mind. Her fingers continued to play with the chain that had the two rings strung upon it. The clatter of the rings hitting each other kept her focused on this world and not the one he was trying to create.

Sweat clung to her brow as she attempted to focus her mind away from the nightmare she was living once again. Whispering to herself she did her best to remember where she was, what she was doing, and that all of this no matter how much she wants the feeling of Ashin to return to her - this wasn’t real. In her mind, she stood there holding Ashin like she did that day. Spencer felt the weight of her body in her arms and she looked down watching the scene unfold once again. The nightmare was so real and she looked down at Ashin.

“I didn’t leave you, I tried I did my best - this isn’t real...this isn’t real you’re gone, you’ve been gone...I’m so alone…”

Ashin started to disappear in her arms and Spencer felt everything hit her, she wondered if he had the power to create and generate these memories maybe she could some how save Ashin this time around. Spencer felt herself slipping, she wanted to stay in this nightmare so that she could save Ashin. Her mind focused wholeheartedly on Ashin, the more she focused on the woman the more real she became. Lightly touching, the woman's’ face a smile spread - she was finally having what she had wanted since she lost her. Dreams were coming true and tears fell from her eyes as she knew deep in her core, this wasn’t real. Her body tensed and she pulled the woman into her arms, it was too real. There was a voice in the back of her mind though, it didn’t belong to her, but she recognized it as plain as day.

I’m never gone, I’m always with you Spencer, you know that. I’ve never left you.

The voice brought her back to reality and Spencer squeezed the hallucination tighter till it began to fade. Before it was over, Spencer ran her fingertips against Ashin’s face once more, one final time she held her. A smile spread across her face as she knew she needed to go back to fighting and before Ashin disappeared for a final time, she shifted the hallucination to their wedding day. Standing before Velok, she gave her life fully to her former teacher. Pressing her lips against the former Empress, the image faded and she was left alone again.

Trembling, Spencer held her face. Tears collected in her hands as she cried. Phobos knew where to hit her, he knew exactly where she was weak. She started to grow angry as she remembered it was him for her to feel this pain. Gritting through her teeth and tears, she inhaled deeply and searched for him in the web of the Force. Finding his mind she tempted him back into her head, if he would take the bait she could trap him here. If not, she would have to face him face to face. Either way, Phobos was going to die today - she would do everything in her power.

Coward! I’ll kill you, I’ll erase you from this existence for what you’ve done to me. You took her from me, you, your brother and Kaa will die today! We take the galaxy back from Akala! @[member="Phobos"]
A surge of energy flowed from her mind as she attacked the psyche of the Nightmare King himself, she wondered if he had nightmares or if he could feel. Knowing connecting with him gave her location up, but right now she didn’t care.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Sort of Group A
[Musical Selection]

Jak was doing his best, and failing, to combat the power of Plant Surge. Sure, being a plant had its ups and downs, such as being far better with fighting with and/or against plants. But this... this was power... far beyond anything he had experienced before. He wasn't sure if it was the influence, but he wanted this - no, he needed this power for himself. To be able to control plant life... to the insane degree he was currently witnessing - he had thought it impossible. But this was proof enough in front of him. This... power... would give him an advantage in any ring. To be able to control plant life around him to this degree - hell, he could find a plant planet, and freaking annex it. Plus... it would be so much better to control something like this, than let it control him.

Which was what was going on right now.

He was forced to be right on the front, blindly whipping vines to and fro, sloppily handcuffing Kursed to the ground, when he figured that he could be at least some help. Resisting the inexorable push, he managed to regain a limited amount of control over a certain bunch of vines. They wouldn't be missed; so he began to use them to his advantage, striking with far more accuracy and better binding of the Kursed in general.

The continual insistent pushing on his mind kept him on his feet, and he only stopped to slit the throat of a few Kursed here and there. He was swept along with the vines like a cork on a tidal wave.

@[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom