Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Act I : The Cave

"Oh, it was no pressure, more of the isolation."

Makai realized he was riding a thin line. A grown adult, he was fully aware he was raised in the best manner possible. There was absolutely no way he could have been raised differently unless his father has brought in one of his grandparents or hired a nanny. Nor was he upset about it, it just was.

Ignoring her question, he started with some background information.

"You probably haven't thought of this, its obviously more forefront in my mind. Yeah, it was isolating but we were never lonely, we had one another most days."

After the initial meeting, they had become thick as thieves, rarely apart for long. It had been instrumental in his life to have someone to bounce off of rather than another adult.

"Everything we've gone through we've gone through together, and its molded us into the people we are today. Every experience has turned us into the right people for one another."

A slight pause as he thought of what he wanted to say, clearly off topic from her line of questioning.

"Yet we're both extremely privileged to have that experience, to have one another, to be who the other person needs. To be frank, its what is allowing us to move so quickly. We, are in my opinion, two sides of the same coin."

Makai smiled slightly, realizing he got more than off topic talking about her, about each other.

"My long, rambling point is while we were incredibly lucky, I know that's not always the case. I don't want our children to ever feel we are isolating or keeping them from the world at large. I loved being able to visit the business world and learn along side you and Dad. I am also am aware I missed out on some 'traditional' experiences and connections."

A pause.

"I don't think there is a right or wrong answer at this point. Realistically we are seven to nine years away from having to worry about this. Maybe a private tutor will be the right answer. Maybe an exclusive academy will be the answer. I just want what is best for them....there will be so much outside pressure being an Arceneau and a Dashiell that I just want them to hold on to a bit of carefree nature before reality slams into them."

As Makai elaborated on his perspective, Danger began to grasp the reasoning behind his actions. She and Alric had often allowed Myra to pursue her desires within the safety of a protective bubble, understanding the weight of her traumatic past and the struggles she faced with anxiety and illness. Similarly, Makai had his own experiences under Judah's wing, shadowing his father from one mining site to the next, and sometimes even attending school amidst their hectic business lifestyle. The absence of Thessa left them all wondering what might have been different.

Reflecting on Makai's explanation, Danger took another sip of her caf, contemplating his words. "Well, it seems you've shed light on most of my concerns," she remarked with a hint of admiration. "I'm sure more questions will arise later, but for now, it sounds like you've got a solid grasp on things."

Pausing for effect, Danger raised an eyebrow knowingly. "However, I do have one more question," she added, a half-smirk playing on her lips. "How do you plan to break the news to your pa?" With Judah's recent demeanor, it was clear he wouldn't take the news lightly.

"And how will you ensure things smooth out so Myra doesn't feel responsible for causin’ further tension between you and your daddy?" she added, her tone laced with concern for their delicate dynamic.

Last edited:
"I welcome all questions, we have a few months to get through them. Ellie is going to be excited to have her solarium wedding."

He was too. It was the perfect way to cap off his memories of the Farm and start a new chapter of his life. Beyond Dac, there was no where else that would suit them perfectly.

"That's already an issue. I've already talked to her about how I feel before this and she told me to give him some grace during this situation."

Patience had been wearing thin but Makai was doing his best. Ellie had explained her talk with his father to a small extent to give him a better idea of what was going on. He understood but it didn't make things any less difficult.

"I figure I will just tell him during that fence building expansion. Yeah, there are hammers and power tools that make the situation a bit dangerous, but I'm confident it will just be more huffing than anything. Bark worse than his bite."

A deep sigh.

"I will stress to him he will need to get it out of his system and come around for Ellie's sake."

Danger's eyes widened at the revelation that Judah and Makai would be working through their issues with manual labor out in the new nerf pastures. Despite her initial surprise, she couldn't help but see the potential benefit for Judah. Perhaps getting his hands dirty and channeling his frustrations into physical work would help him communicate better with his son.

"Bark worse than his bite," Danger murmured softly, recalling their conversation on the ship after the gala trip.

"That's for sure," she added, her voice barely above a whisper. Since then, they had kept their interactions low-key. True to her word, Danger had ensured that Judah's suite was meticulously cleaned and stocked with supplies and clean sheets upon their return to the farm — but she wasn’t fretting over him like she used to.

If they crossed paths, she would offer a brief inquiry about his well-being and provide whatever he needed, but she refrained from pressing for deeper conversation as she assumed he wanted. It seemed Judah preferred to keep things light or engage in family discussions when the children were around. Despite her efforts to maintain a semblance of normalcy, Danger couldn't help but feel the weight of unspoken tension between them. Ultimately, Danger told herself that if this was the way she could keep Judah in her life and his friendship, so be it. If Judah wanted it any different, then it was up to him.

As time passed, Danger found herself adjusting to the new dynamic. She made sure to respect Judah's boundaries while still offering her support when needed. Occasionally, she would catch herself almost reaching out to him, but she quickly reined in her impulse.

"Well… with all this said and done," Danger said, offering Makai a warm smile tinged with a hint of sadness. To think, Myra getting married to Makai. "You have my blessin’ and I’m sure Alric’s too. I pray for nothing but the best for you two. Take care of my little girl, okay? After everythin’ she's been through, she deserves it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom