Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Act I : The Cave

Mouth quirked in amusement at her playful nature, the mention it was too much of a mouthful. He resisted the urge to make a rather lewd quip, reigning himself in as she continued on about her signature.

“Oh, I’m sorry the Dashiell surname is messing up your once pretty signature.”

Mock indignation laced his voice, teasing her before being cut off by another kiss. Who knew his backwards proposal would actually be perfect?

Parting from her lips, Makai took her hand and interlaced his fingers once again, the pair moving once again. Feet moved slowly, grinning at her like a complete idiot as they started back on the service road, heading towards the cavern.

“I love you, just in case the marriage proposal didn’t make that clear.”

Shoulder teasingly bumped hers, happy to see her in such a playful mood. On a good day it had been hard to drag out such a nature but after the death of her father it had even been harder. He definitely understood, grieving wasn’t a linear process and everything had been so unexpected.

Add in the mix of balancing every other aspect of their lives and sometimes it could be overwhelming. Makai had been thankful for her presence but also their time on the Farm. Far in the Tingel Arm, it was isolated enough to pull back and focus on one another and the changing dynamics of their respective families.

“So, future Mrs. Dashiell,” He squeezed her hand, flashing a boyish smile towards her. “I’m tempted to skip the cavern and head back home to celebrate.”

"I love you more,"
Myra replied, a smile playing on her lips as she took Makai's hand and began to walk backward. It was a small moment of happiness amidst the heavy clouds of grief over her father's passing. Knowing that Makai had spoken to her dad before he died, that he had his blessing, meant everything to her.

As they paused at Makai's question, Myra couldn't help but grin. She wrapped her arms around him, pulling him close. "Then let's do that," she said, her voice full of warmth. "I bet my bed is a lot warmer than that cold cavern right now. We can always come back when it is warmer in the summer." She teased, pressing herself against him.

"And if you really want to take a dip," she continued, a mischievous glint in her eye, "we can always run a hot bath, drink that leftover bottle of wine. Celebrate. Then we can explore all those notes I've seen you taking..." she nuzzled his jaw again and gave a mischievous giggle.

“Let's make a date to visit right before we get married. Could be a great way to spend the night beforehand. Unless you're having some wild bachelorette party instead.”

He grinned,clearly teasing her about a wild party.Makai himself had no need to get drunk and see topless women before tying the knot. There was certainty in his decision, such a party seemed like it was for those uncertain about leaving the status quo behind.

“You are really twisting my arm here…freezing cold bioluminescent cave or wine and hot water.”

Another kiss before taking her hand and heading back on the gravel path through the gardens and towards the massive estate, decision made.

---

Despite his late night, Makai still woke at his regular time. It was a bleary trek across the hallway to his room to put on running shoes and shorts and down outside for his usual loop. He took a varied path through the fields and woodlands, now putting it in his routine to stop and check in on the nerfs, leaning against the fence and talking to them.

On his loop back, he spotted Danger on the balcony of her room, leaning against the railing as the sun rose. A perfect opportunity for what he had to do next ; although being surprised this early may not be ideal for the Trade Queen.

As he entered the home the sun was just rising, allowing him to put his plan into place before the chaos of the day. Shower done, clothes changed into something that was better than his shirtless short-shorts combo, Makai made breakfast for the redhead, a quick combination of gorg-in-a-hole and fruit.

Turbolift taken up to the penthouse level where Danger kept her personal quarters, Makai found himself in front of her door, balancing the tray of breakfast in caf as he knocked.

“Danger? Can I come in? I made breakfast.”

Maybe that would help his chances in her answering the door at such an early hour.

This time, the Trade Queen wasn't too lost in the haze of drink to miss the knock on the door or Makai's voice. So he didn't have to linger in the hallway for long. Within moments, the door creaked open, revealing the redhead in a cozy hunter-green robe, her hair tied up in a messy top knot. She wasn't exactly at her finest, but then again, she wasn't trying to impress anyone in her own home. One of the small perks of being a widow was the low expectation of always looking polished. Hopefully, Makai would cut her some slack on that.

"Makai?" Danger's curious gaze met his, not because it was odd for him to bring her breakfast-- the younger Dashiell had been doing so in the days following Alric's passing after he and Myra arrived-- but because he usually returned to his room or waited for Myra to wake up.

She decided not to mention that she knew he often sneaked into Myra's room; it wasn't relevant to the moment.

"Sure, come in. How's your mornin' goin'?" Danger gestured for him to join her on the balcony. She still held a tall mug of caf in her hand, but she wouldn't say no to a fresh cup. Her datapad and glasses were already on the table, waiting.

"Thanks, sorry its early...I know I normally just knock and leave you the tray."

He entered, heading towards the balcony and placing the tray down on the table located just outside the bedroom. It appeared the Trade Queen had already been working, her glasses and datapad on the table, some report on the screen.

"I'm okay, stayed up a little too late so I feel like I'm dragging but trying to sleep in is useless so I just got up and went through my normal routine."

Iced azue gaze turned back towards the redhead, the woman he considered his mother in spirit.

"How about you? Sleep any?"

Two cups of caf were on the tray, one for himself. The half-Galan hoped Danger was in the mood to allow him to stay ; he understood the need for solitude. Some mornings one just wanted to be alone with their thoughts and watch the sun rise.

"Do you mind if I join you? Just for....I don't know, fifteen minutes? I have a question and after that I can get out of your hair."

Danger flashed him a warm, soft smile, a hint of amusement dancing at the corners of her mouth as she listened to his explanation. If he had gone to all this effort, she figured there must be something weighing on his mind. In her experience, guys tended to come bearing gifts or some kind of tribute before diving into serious conversation. Makai, sweet as he was, followed the same pattern. The important thing was that his gestures were genuine, filled with thoughtfulness, like making breakfast and bringing caf.

"No problem t'all. Take a seat," she said, adjusting her robe and settling into her chair, crossing her right leg over her left. "So, what's on your mind?" She knew a bit of small talk would be nice, but Makai's energy seemed charged with something more urgent.

"I suppose you can have more than fifteen minutes, since I like you," Danger chuckled, lifting her steaming mug of caf to her lips for a sip of the bitter brew.

Last edited:
“I'd hate to see how many minutes those you dislike get.”

Makai joked as he sat down, grabbing his own caf cup and taking a sip. He offered a boyish smile as he looked at her, noting the Trade Queen completely avoided his question about sleeping a moment ago. Not surprising.

“Just…wait until you hear everything before responding. It might take a moment or two for you to answer.”

Taking a deep breath, Makai broached the subject at hand.

“Last night, I asked Ellie to marry me. She said yes, we are very happy and are looking forward to getting married in a few months. We would like to get married here on the Farm.However, I’d like your blessing and approval of us moving forward.”

A sip of his caf as he mulled over the situation for a moment.

“Granted, without your approval, we will just elope. Not ideal but we are serious about moving forward and getting started as husband and wife. I’d prefer for that not to happen, we would really love to have it here with family.”

He quickly continued speaking, knowing her next line of thought. Well, what his father’s next line of thought would be if he had just come and told the old salvager the news.

“No, she’s not pregnant.Nothing like that anytime soon, I promise. It's a crazy concept but we are hopelessly in love with one another. There’s no one else I want to share my life with. Ellie is it…life is short, there's no sense in waiting for some imaginary acceptable age to cross.”

To say that this was the topic Danger was anticipating would be a major understatement. For a moment, Danger questioned if she had heard correctly. Could Makai really be asking for her permission to marry Myra? After a few bewildering seconds of blinking and staring at Makai, trying to decipher if what she heard was real or not, and with Makai eagerly awaiting her response, the Trade Queen realized that, yes, she had heard correctly, and Makai was dead serious.

"You proposed to her? And you want to have the weddin' in a few months?" Danger repeated as if saying it aloud might help her process the information. It didn't. But at least Makai's assurance that Myra wasn't pregnant and this was simply their desire to commit to each other provided some relief.

Unlike the previous declaration back on Salacia regarding his intent to seriously pursue Myra and what his plan was, marriage, on the other hand, was a little different than courtship.

"...Why the rush?" was her first question, followed by, "And what makes you so sure you're ready to take such a serious step with Myra?"

"I did propose, last night.We would like to in a months yes, summertime. Here, on the Farm. Ellie said the solarium would be an ideal."

He repeated himself, letting his words sink in. Considering the way both he and Ellie were acting during dinner on Etti IV, Makai wondered if she was more shocked at the fact they wanted to get married or the timing of such a proposal.

Perhaps both.

"Is it really a rush?"

Makai expected this question, but actually from his father and not the Trade Queen. Either way, it was one he was prepared to answer.

"We've known each other for the majority of our lives. I've been in love with her for nearly as long. We're best friends. Ellie knows more about me than anyone else, she knows things I'd never utter to a single soul. Our relationship isn't typical, its not ike we just met..."

As for her next question of taking the next step, some of what he just said fell hand-in-hand with how marriage really wasnt a rush for the pair.

"I know we're on the younger side, yes. I'm aware we had a rocky teenage years."

Another sip of caf, chosing his next words carefully. Makai wasn't sure if what he had to say was convincing, but he was trying his best, doing his best to assure her.

"However....I feel we've already lived a lifetime. When she was so sick, I really thought she was going to die and I faced losing her at a young age. Then we lost our way for awhile and I nearly lost her then too...Just those two events alone have really forced things into perspective for me, which just paved the way for what we have now, paved the way for us to work through everything and be each others pillar, to just enjoy one another."

Hands fiddled with his caf mug, continuing.

"Then Mr.Kuhn died. It really made me realize what we both had gone through and how fleeting our lives can be. Why do we need to shuttle between separate homes or beds for the next three, four years? What's going to change? We're still going to love another. We're still going to want to be together. She's still going to be the only one I want."

Mug was set down and gaze fell back on the redhead.

"We're already committed, why not make her my wife?"

"Is it really a rush?"

"Most folks would say your courtship is a tad short for such a big leap," Danger replied, her drawl soft as she tapped her caf mug in contemplation. They were delving deep into the discussion about her daughter's and Makai's future.

"I'll give you this-- you've got the advantage of knowin' each other since you were kids. There's history there, sure, time ya'll had understand one another as you grew," the Trade Queen began, settling back into her seat. Like she did in business negotiations, Danger had a knack for dissecting proposals, asking pointed questions that demanded answers. Makai had never faced such scrutiny from Danger before. It seemed he was getting a taste of it now.

"But you've both been apart for six years, years that were formative to the young adults you are now. Ya'll in that honeymoon phase of simply happy to be in each other's company; the thrill of reunitin' and that sweet rush of giddy time ya'll want to take advantage of any second can you can." she continued, her feline green eyes studying Makai closely, daring him to deny the emotions and tendencies she outlined. Memories of their times together-- on Naboo, Kashyyyk, and beyond-- flitted through her mind, including their recent moments at the farm after Alric's passing, stealing moments in each other's rooms.

"Tell me, has Myra seen you workin' closely with another woman or business associate? You remember how she was in her teens... Now, as a grown woman, how do you think you'll handle it if her jealousy and possessiveness start gratin' on your nerves? Her questionin', her need to know every detail, but now with the power of Arceneau Trade at her fingertips... How will you deal with that?" Danger's quiet interrogation didn't lessen the gravity of her concerns, her accurate assessment of the potentially clingy nature of Myra's attraction delivered with a seriousness that bordered on stalker-like tendencies that would be of heavy concern to anyone else.

Last edited:
Ya'll in that honeymoon phase of simply happy to be in each other's company; the thrill of reunitin' and that sweet rush of giddy time ya'll want to take advantage of any second can you can.

"Of course, we are apart quite often, any time I get free I want to spend it with her. It is a great feeling now but it always has been. We've always wanted to spend time together and did so."

He felt Danger wasn't taking into account the many times in their lives they were simply left to their own devices. Both spent time together in a near-constant state growing up, engrossed in various activities.

"So much went on right underneath the nose of all the parents, you absolutely have no idea. Definitely not the first time we've spent this amount of time together."

Makai smiled into his caf mug at the memories. Most were banal yet critical to their friendship. When he had reflected in the Pacanth Reach, the pair had been dating the entire time without even realizing it.

"Tell me, has Myra seen you workin' closely with another woman or business associate? You remember how she was in her teens... Now, as a grown woman, how do you think you'll handle it if her jealousy and possessiveness start gratin' on your nerves? Her questionin', her need to know every detail, but now with the power of Arceneau Trade at her fingertips... How will you deal with that?"

"No, she has not. If it happens again, it easy enough to tell her as such. Part of avoiding that situation is making sure she knows some details in advance. Communication."

Odd as it was to an outsider such as Danger, Ellie being possessive wasn't all too bad in perspective. Losing his mother at a younger age in such a manner, in was nice in many ways that she was so obsessed with him.

It wasn't textbook healthy but it absolutely worked on his end. It made sense to them and Makai was certain in this moment that was all the mattered.

Last edited:
Danger sat quietly, nursing her caf, her attention focused on Makai as he discussed his strategies for dealing with Myra's jealousy. It was clear he understood the importance of communication -- a skill his father, Judah, seemed to struggle with, she noted, recalling how guarded he often was.

With a nod, she raised her mug to her lips, taking another sip as the morning light spilled across the farm, painting the landscape with warmth and color. Birds sang in the distance, and a gentle breeze stirred the air.

"Indeed," Danger murmured wryly, her gaze fixed on the fields beyond the balcony where cover crops were beginning to sprout. "Reckon there's probably a lot we missed right under our noses."

Leaning forward slightly, she posed a question that lingered in the air like a whisper. "So, what if one day she decides marriage ain't for her anymore?" It seemed improbable, but life was full of uncertainties. How Makai responded to such a scenario would reveal much about his character.

Turning to face him fully, Danger continued, her tone serious. "And it's not just about her choosin' to leave on her own. What if an accident leaves her like your ma -- without memories of you? How would you handle that?"

It wasn't a question meant to be cruel or discouraging. Rather, it was an invitation for Makai to confront his deepest fears about marriage, drawing from his own family's experiences.

"You've seen how your dad dealt with it, even if he tried to hide it," Danger began gently, her voice carrying the weight of experience. "But the stories you shared with me when you were younger made it clear you were more observant than they realized. You absorbed it all, carried it in your heart and mind, even though you shouldn't have had to."

She paused, reflecting on the years of therapy Makai had undergone to process it all. "I witnessed your dad's struggles firsthand-- his desperation, his fear, his love, his sheer determination to keep his marriage from falling apart after your mom left...twice. Then the fall out afterward -- him blackout drunk, depressed, shovin' himself into work and in raisin' you to try and make sure he does right by you. Still achin' for a woman who gone off and left, twisted and cursed to love as much as hate -- so much so that it's taken him this long just to try and move on.. and even then, just how much of that is him tryin' anew as much as simply needin' to fill the desperate need to not be alone." it was easy to see that Danger's tone of voice regarding the matter was said with more than one person in mind.

Leaning closer, Danger's expression was earnest. "I'm ain't sayin' Myra would be as fickle as your ma, but I need you to really think 'bout it. How far are you willin' to go to keep yourselves together if things ain't workin' out? Or if, for some unthinkable reason, she no longer recognizes you?"

Last edited:
Wait...blackout drunk?

While he was supposed to be answering Danger's questions, mind stuck on that portion. When did this occur? He was trying to sort back through childhood memories, when this possibly happened. Makai had no memories of a passed out father, barely any of drinking.

There were stretches of time he spent with Danger, entrusted in her care for days or more at a time. All he could think now was his father took this period to truly unravel without him around.

Her words would be something to explore later.

For now, he had to circle back to what was at hand.

"I don't think it is a one size fits all answer. Depending on the situation, the circumstance...there are so many variables."

Makai took another sip of his caf, looking at his mug, mulling over a response.

"It depends on if its just us or if there are children involved. Let's say its just us and she decides not to be married....of course I would do everything in my power to keep us together, even if we were on critical life support. Therapy, counseling, retreats...fighting, tears....the entire gamut in order to keep us whole."

A deep breath before he dove into his second part.

"If there are children by that point....Yes, I fight to keep us together, but its different. Ellie would have to be equally willing, where in the previous scenario I would continue, even if one sided. With children....If we were fighting all the time, if we just oozed distain for one another...I'd have to walk away."

Difficult to think of, but he had his reasons. Childhood experiences had colored his answer on this, formed his opinion early in his life.

"Its deeply unsettling to know your parents hate one another, to be around that every day. At that point, I couldn't be selfish and put my desires above the greater good of ensuring any offspring aren't exposed to those feelings and experiences. Its like being collateral damage in a fallout."

Another sip of caf, quiet for a long moment.

"So much depends if the other person wants to go that extra mile for you too. You can be doing everything 'right' and if they don't want to be putting any effort in...its not sustainable. You risk ruining yourself in the process with nothing to show for it."

He was speaking about his mother, Danger would be able to see his point, or so he hoped. Makai had played his cards close to his chest when it came to his disappointment that his mother still wasn't a presence in his life.

"Sometimes, the most loving act you can do is let someone go. Doesn't mean you gave up, doesn't mean you still don't love them. Sometimes it just means you want whats best for them, even if it comes at the expense of yourself. Of your hopes and dreams and desires."

The hurt etched into Makai's quiet demeanor was undeniable as he contemplated Danger's question. It tugged at Danger's heartstrings, but she knew she had to help Makai confront his fears about his parents and how they might affect his own marriage. It wasn't that Danger doubted Myra's loyalty or believed accidents would happen to make her forget Makai. Rather, she wanted to hear from Makai himself about his thoughts on the matter and how he planned to handle it.

"That's true... sometimes the most lovin' act is to let them go," Danger nodded, taking a deep breath before sipping her caf. "That's a good plan. We wouldn't want you to face the same kind of hurt you and your pa did... well, still do."

Turning her attention back to Makai, she continued her line of questioning. "So, what's the plan for finances? Managin' your household? You both come from wealthy backgrounds and are heirs to powerful business legacies, so money isn't the issue -- but buildin' a home and livin' together is a whole different challenge. What are your expectations of Myra as your wife? And what are hers for you?"

"I imagine a split, credits aren't an issue. I'm not concerned about it, if we decide everything is paid by myself then that's fine too. I don't anticipate it being any type of an issue."

Another sip of caf, a shrug of his shoulders. They were both wealthy enough that their future home would be done and paid for, the expenses more on the day-to-day basis.

"I don't have any expectations for Ellie beyond letting her continue to be herself. I'm marrying her, not a list of desires."

Obviously no one stayed the same, people grew and changed throughout their lifetime. That was part of the journey, part of marrying someone. Makai already knew this, while they were still similar at their core prior to their six-year separation, they were also different as well.

"I look forward to supporting her future endeavours. I'm working hard to lay the groundwork now with Salacia and a new umbrella holding company in order to handle the day-to-day once our family is underway. Put in the effort now so less effort in the future."

Mind searched to answer her last question, drawing a blank if they had spoke on it before, brows furrowing.

"No, she hasn't told me her expectations. Perhaps all three of us can meet again like we did on Etti IV if you'd like to grill both of us."

"Perhaps, but not now. Let her rest -- I know her pa's passin' has been equally hard on her," Danger shook her head, signaling a firm refusal with a two-finger gesture from her mug.

"So, you'll be alright with her leadin' and runnin' Arceneau Trade and managin' what her father left her as she sees fit without trying to intervene?" Another crucial point for Danger was ensuring the preservation and growth of the Arceneau legacy.

"Under Arceneau-Kuhn, there's a lot that will rest on her shoulders. That name carries weight now. When I took over, I swore to my granddaddy I'd make Arceneau Trade bigger than my daddy ever dreamed. And I finally did that -- nor do I want Myra to lose it."

Makai nodded, between the passing of Alric and Celanon, Ellie had been more than a little fitful in her sleep. Or lack thereof. Unlike the Trade Queen though, the heiress was much less stubborn in accepting help.

"Just trying to manage her calls between my own business dealings was too much. There's no reason for me to intervene. Now will I give my advice if she asks or assist her if she needs my help, of course. To make the decisions or decide on the direction of the company, its not my call. Nor do I want it to be."

Arceneau Trade and Vanir Technology would be a big issue in any prenuptial agreements between himself and Danger. Well...a big issue if he and Ellie were able to wed in a few months time and not elope.

"A lot already rests on her shoulders, Ellie takes it seriously."

Another sip of his caf, nearly done with the mug at this point as they talked.

"My only....concern, thats not even a concern, is just making sure Arceneau Trade and Vanir would be available to our children should one or more want to pursue the Arceneau route of things. I figured in any prenuptial agreements we can ensure future offspring are secure in their place in the company while also ensuring I won't have a say in how business is conducted."

Caf mug set down, iced azure gaze fell back to the redhead. He chuckled slightly.

"How am I doing so far?"

The corner of Danger's mouth lifted into a small smile as she cradled her mug between her hands, emitting a soft chuckle. "Far better than your daddy has been lately. At communicatin', that is."

They exchanged a knowing look, both aware of the challenges posed by Judah Dashiell's recent demeanor. He had veered into grumpy old man territory, responding to everything with stubbornness and a knack for stirring up trouble.

"Pre-nuptial agreements are a given," Danger affirmed. "It's good to hear you won't be eager to take over Arceneau Trade or Vanir. An Arceneau should always lead Arceneau Trade, and there should always be a Kuhn involved in Vanir Industrial. That's the least I can ensure for Alric's legacy if the girls don't want to take the reins."

Taking a deep breath, Danger shifted her attention to Makai. "But I appreciate you bringing up the next topic. So, have you discussed your plans for raising kids? Do your methods of discipline align? Do you agree on how to bring them up? It's best to discuss it all now, before you have little ones and end up arguin' over what you each think is best."

Makai nodded in agreement regarding his father. The materials had arrived to expand the nerf pastures to what he had mapped out. His father had volunteered to assist and Makai could only imagine how difficult those days were going to be.

"Well, you saw some of our discussion during dinner on Etti IV." Makai laughed a little, how he and Ellie got lost in the schematics of a third child in the middle of a conversation. "Beyond knowing we don't want them spoiled and entitled, and wanting a different life than what we had, we haven't gotten too far on that front. Its a bit aways in the future for us."

Of course, he had his own thoughts and feelings on potential children but they hadn't quite gotten around to a full discussion.

"I figured one of us will have to pull back from work and that will be me, although, I haven't told Ellie as much. I'm content to be Mister Arceneau and run the household the majority of the time. I feel the kids will need to go to school and have that stability and connection. Granted, I want them to work hard too, school breaks in the trenches of the business...but also to get the childhood Ellie and I never had."

Makai held up a hand to clarify before she jumped on perhaps a slight in her parenting.

"Ellie and I had a great childhood, its not a slight against any parenting. Between her illness and my Ma, I just felt we grew up a little too quickly. I want ours to not have to worry about the pressures we had."

Last edited:
While to a degree Danger agreed that both the kids had to grow up fast due to their circumstances, she wasn’t too sure she understood how the difference between private tutors and a school made a difference.

“How were private tutors and havin’ all that was needed in hand any more pressure than that of a school?” Danger asked, lifting a brow in curiosity.

“And what does having a different life than you had growin up entail?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom