Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Act I : The Cave

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__treehugger__images__2015__08__joseph-michael-glowworm-cave-photos-3-4180131d7a2f436a9910b68710469117.jpg

Act I : The Cave

Both funerals were done ; there had been one on the Farm in more of a private manner, strictly family and close friends. The next had been a drawn out affair on Empress Teta, plenty of tradition and public mourning and drawn out ceremonies. In many ways, it was completely exhausting, forced to put on a facade at every turn.

Not to mention he was still shouldering many of the business aspects of life for Ellie. Thankfully, word of Alric’s death had reached much of the business world and those looking to keep secure ties with the family were smart enough to back off and offer condolences. Those foolish enough looking to take advantage of a grieving heiress swiftly met the ire of himself and El-Three.

Now they were in some type of temporary normal. Makai had elected to live on the Farm for a small period, a minimum of three months. It would give Danger enough time to settle in a new life as a widow and single mother. Living at the Farm ensured he could help navigate his mother-in-spirit through the roughest portions of grief, to find her own footing.

On a more completely self-serving level, it was allowing Makai to establish himself as someone perfectly capable to be man of the house, to be trusted to take care of the young heiress in the future. It seemed Danger wasn’t the only one he had to prove himself to ; Casteel was becoming a semi-frequent visitor, checking in and not-so-silently judging. Makai wasn’t sure if the man thought they were friends now for beating up Blythe together, ensuring he wasn’t with Ellie for all the wrong reasons, or both. The blonde was a hard read at times.

Being pulled in all different directions left little time for quiet, personal time with Ellie. Makai had gotten far too used to laying in bed with her, limbs tangled together, talking about their day and catching one another up. Even if they wanted to, time and energy had been at a premium.

Despite not sharing a room, regulated back to their childhood rooms across from one another, Makai was looking forward to life leveling out so they could sneak time in together.

Tonight, at a quarter past one, he was working hard to sneak in time together by recreating a teenage past time : cave skinny dipping.

Dressed and ready to traverse the outdoors, Makai crept across the darkened hallway, opening the door to her room.

He could see her form in the dim light, curled on her side, covered in blankets and deep asleep. For a moment, Makai was tempted to leave her like that and skip the recreation. Ellie needed her rest, she had been running on fumes long before the funeral.

The need to spend time with her won out.

Padding silently into the room,he reached her bedside. Instead of shaking her awake like he used to do, her wake up call was a bit better ; a kiss on the cheek and rubbing her arm through her pajamas to get her to stir.

“Ellie Arceneau, wake up.”

Unlike before, Myra didn't stir abruptly from her slumber. Instead she gave a slight frown, before snuggling towards the warmth of Makai's hand rubbing against her arm. It hadn't been the first time the younger Dashiell had slipped into her apartment to wake her. Wouldn't be the last.

Most nights had been to keep the chill of grief and nightmares at bay, Makai holding her close as she cried against his chest. Other nights revolved around the incessant need to be so intimately close to him, to feel him rock into her, holding her so tight, awashed in the ecstasy of his embrace that made her feel so loved, adored, and alive. There was something to be said about being able to feel the thundering of Makai's heart against her breast and his life saving breath against the shell of her ear. Alive and well, here, with her.

Another kiss and a tickle from the brush of his hair, Myra finally opened her eyes.

"Makai?" Blearily blinking, she frowned, before startling,"Is everything alright?"

A hint of fear coated her voice, as if anxious to hear word of terrible news. She moved to push herself to a sitting position, her thick braid slinking over her shoulder, bracing her weight on her hand against the mattress as she searched Makai's concerned face. One whose expression quickly turned apologetic in his assurance that nothing was wrong.

He instantly felt bad about waking her for purely selfish reasons. It wasn’t the first time he had woken her since staying at the Farm. Sometimes he wasn’t the one doing the waking, many times he had woken to feeling the warm press of her body against his, the gentle cafune of his hair.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you. Nothing is wrong.”

Now he was feeling like an idiot.

“I can’t sleep and I wanted to see if you wanted to visit the cave with me, go down memory lane. If you don't, I'm going down there anyway, just in case you go looking for me across the way.”

Makai doubted she would unless she had woken up somehow, Ellie had seemed to be in a deep slumber when he had stirred her.

Hand left her arm to rub the back of his neck.

“ Seems idiotic to wake you up now that I’ve done it. I apologize…go…go back to sleep. You need
your rest.”

Myra's reaction was two-fold; palatable relief as much as half-asleep murmurings. The adrenaline at being woken up went crashing against her exhaustion, the heiress coming up to rub her face with the palm of her hand.

"Wait… what?" Her brows furrowed, fighting off sleep as much as trying to process what the apologetic Makai was saying.

It took her another few seconds to register that the Dashiell had woken her up much like he had years ago to go sneak off to the caverns for a swim.

"The cave? To swim?" Or in Makai's typical standard, skinny dip. Her voice was still thick with sleep, it's edge of alarm fading at his assurance nothing was wrong.

Blinking rapidly, her eyes took a few seconds to adjust and catch the pale cerulean blue of Makai's face. Her hand came up to cup his cheek, "oh… um…"

It was one of the few instances Makai had made a request. With everything going on things had been chaotic. Dark and full of grief. . Reliving a midnight swim might be his way of pushing thoughts out of the way.

Not to mention spending more time. Precious time, with him.

"Umm… yeah sure." Myra replied, still trying to wake herself up as she slid her legs over the side of the bed.

By now her mama would be dead asleep. Only the security droids would be around. The village tenants would be asleep as well and not in the direct path to the cave.

Makai was surprised she agreed to heading out to the cave. Given the hour, the way she seemed startled, he had expected her to offer up a counter of cuddling or swimming later when the sun was up.

“I’ll be waiting outside your door.”

He always waited outside her door when they were younger, obviously there was an element of privacy needed then. Now, Makai imagined he didn’t have to leave, they had dressed together several times, yet he wasn’t going to just loom over her while she tried to wake up.

A quick brush of his lips across her temple and he left, creeping out the door and shutting it with as little sound as possible. He didn’t know why ; Danger was on an entirely different level, the home was thick stone.

Even as a fully grown adult, he was concerned about being caught. There was the element of wanting to follow the expected rules of the house, although they had broke them several times over at this point.

It took a few minutes for Myra to find the right clothes, put them on, brush her teeth, rebraid her thick hair, and mentally bemoan that it was going to be freezing cold at the cavern at this hour.

For a tropical Half-Galan, Makai sure loved jumping into any pool of water that was deep enough. Didn't matter the weather. They did this so many times in the past, and each time she'd told him it was too cold yet there he went; dropping his drawers and hopping in.

Never mind it had been one of the few times Myra could sneak peeks at his naked body before he dove in. It had equally stimulated her and made her bemoan the silliness of following behind at the time into that cold water, just to latch on his back and live for the sensation of pressing herself against him. Never mind that all she had at the time were barely there nerffly bites for breasts and had been all legs and arms then.

Not like Makai seemed to care at the time. He just appeared happy to be swimming in the cold water; full of silly commentary while Myra did her best not to blush her way through the minutes and get defensive over every remark.

Aware how cold it might be, Myra stuffed two self warming towels in her satchel.

The things one does for love.

Sleep rubbed from her eyes, Myra carefully opened her door, catching sight of Makai standing there. It was so quiet. Like a grave.
Lips pursed and she felt another wave of sadness crash against her. Time had passed since the funeral but it still hurt. Myra couldn't help but think that Alric wouldnt be at the farm anymore or hear him ask how she was doing.

It only made her wonder if this was hard enough for her, how would it be for her mama? Up there in the penthouse apartment by herself.

At least I have Makai.

Feelings strained, Myra walked up to Makai and wrapped her arms around him, snuggling close.

"You know it's going to be cold, right?"

Makai was patiently waiting when she emerged, hands leaving the pockets of his brown Life Day jacket to wrap his arms around her at the same time.

He relished in feeling her close, soft curves pressed against his form, the scent of her citrus-and-jasmine fragrance enveloping him. Makai kissed the crown of her head, giving a gentle squeeze.

“You always say that I don’t remember it being that cold. Chilly maybe.”

Ellie had always complained about the water. He did remember it not being up to the standard warmth of oceans he was used to, but it had been bearable. Little did he remember that the only reason he used to tolerate the cold water was to have her naked body slipping against his.

“We don’t have to get in the water. Even if we just go out for a stroll and visit the cave. I remember it being beautiful and awe-inspiring. I promise we won't be gone long…I just want to spend some time alone, no interruptions.”

Uninterrupted time was at a premium and he realized he was being selfish at this moment. Yet he figured thirty minutes wouldn’t do any harm, Ellie would be back asleep in no time and at least get a few more hours in.

Not like they couldn’t nap later either.

Lips brushed her temple before releasing her, taking her hand, interlacing his fingers with her own automatically. They were back to holding hands nearly everywhere they went ; a throwback to the past when she couldn't speak and getting lost in a crowd meant disaster. Once she could speak, it had just been a habit.

Making their way to the turbolift to go down outside, hand gently squeezed hers.

“How are you doing?”

Myra nestled into Makai's chest, resting her head just under his chin, fingers squeezing his a little tighter to convey what words couldn't express about how she was holding up.

It was an ongoing process, something she grappled with each day, taking it one step at a time.

"Better... Mama said we'll try to go through my father's things today. See if there's anything Rose or Lily might want..." It would be a challenging task for both her mother and Myra.

"I'm worried about Mama. She's been working more than usual. Always on the comm, a holo, or engrossed in something." From early morning until late evening, the Queen of Trade filled every moment with tasks. It was known that she thrived on staying busy, but this new, frantic work pattern spoke more of her mental state and grief than anything else.

"I've got a feeling there's more to it than that." the turbolift came to a slow stop, the door opening with a silent hiss. Beyond here was the atrium that would lead to the various hallways over to the grand ballroom, the kitchen, the entry hall, and other rooms. The large arched windows would illuminate the decorative stone floors with its cerulean glow. It was a full moon out. Not the best time to sneak out, but it wasn't the first time they'd done so under similar circumstances.

Makai wasn't worried about being caught. They were adults now, free to come and go as they pleased. The only issue would be the embarrassment of being caught by Danger, the Trade Queen knowing a bit of what went on in the cavern, revealed before he and Ellie were back together.

“I know why she stays busy. I've been in the same position, Dad has too.”

A heavy sigh and he squeezes her hand again as they walk, contemplating the words he wanted to say in regards to Danger being busy. Makai understood it well, the need to burrow into work and never emerge. The need to do anything other than think, to occupy every second of the day.

“Running from facing reality. Been there. Perhaps us Dashiells have rubbed off on her for the worse? When we weren't talking I really tossed myself into work, living on that mining shuttle. You might not remember but when Mom left for good, Dad threw us into work on shelves for my room,among other projects.”

They walked through the massive atrium,he continued on.

“Keeps the mind quiet. Like when I used to talk a lot, I wasn't making up for you being mute at all. I was just drowning out the other voices battling in my head. Imagine your Ma is doing much of the same in her own way.”

Steps slowed, curious.

“What are you doing to cope? Everyone has their thing.”

Myra let Makai's words swirl around in her mind, mingling with her other thoughts. It made sense. Keeping busy was a way to avoid dwelling on the pain and the dark thoughts that often followed.

Quietly, she lifted her head, studying the younger Dashiell as he spoke, noticing the way his hair bounced with each step. It made her want to run her hands through it again, ruffle it some more. Learning that he, too, had thrown himself into work to distract himself brought both a bittersweet ache and a guilty pleasure. It meant he cared for her deeply, enough to feel the same turmoil she did.

But Makai wasn't the only one seeking refuge in work and studies.

"Yeah..." Myra murmured, exhaling softly as they continued down the hall. When Makai's steps slowed, and he turned to her with curiosity in his voice, she already had an answer. One of the reasons she spent so much time in the southwest indoor sunroom.

"Painting, mostly," Myra confessed, biting her lip as she considered the admission. Many of her recent portraits and landscapes had been dark and filled with emotion. Each stroke of the brush was a way for her to process her feelings. If someone observed her paintings over time, they would see her journey of healing.

"And being with you," she added, squeezing his hand. It could have gone unsaid, but she felt compelled to tell him anyway.

"I don't think I could have coped without you... not with the way my mind works." Being with Makai, feeling his arms around her when she cried or when he made her feel alive within the heat of his embrace, meant everything to her. It made their connection feel stronger, almost inseparable.

"What about you?" she asked as they neared the entrance to the main library. Beyond it lay a gathering room and the first of many vast gardens.

Makai had wondered what she had been doing in the sunroom, trying to give her a little space during the day. There was a lot going on for her ; sorting through her father’s affairs, dealing with the aftermath of what his death meant for Vanir Technology, doing her best to support her mother with anything needed.

“I’d like to see the paintings sometime…if you are comfortable letting me see, of course.”

Makai absolutely adored the ones he received for Life Day, currently leaning against the wall of the guest room on Chandrila in a neat row. He could only imagine what she was painting now to sort through her grief, perhaps things that reminded her of her father.

"I don't think I could have coped without you... not with the way my mind works."

Brows furrowed at that statement. Being with him he could understand ; during times of duress it was comforting to have someone to lean on. Someone to be a pillar in the storm. Yet it was the last half he didn’t understand.

“Way your mind works? Ellie, your mind works perfectly fine.”

Hand squeezed hers back, his thumb coming to rub against hers. He offered a smile of support as they passed another sunroom ladened with plants.

“As for me,work. I’m still fielding some of your calls, although it seems word has reached more of your business associates so its merely questions folks can’t sort on their own. Dad has temporarily reassigned much of my duties and I’ve sent Thirty-Seven on a site visit to ensure things are on schedule, so I can focus on supporting you and Danger as you need me to.”

Makai had taken on as many duties as he could as ‘man-of-the-house’ so to speak, trying to ensure both Arceneau women could handle their grief without also having to worry about the day-to-day. Anything from a business holocall where he could provide an answer to ensuring the workers on the Farm were doing fine were currently in his wheelhouse.

“Lots of time outside, checking on the Farm too. Checking in on the nerfs. Also practicing my grav-golf swing in various fields.”

Opening the door for her, they exited the house, Makai immediately taking her hand again. It was quiet and clear, stars smattered across the inky black of the sky. A beautiful night to sneak out and talk in his opinion.

“Being with you too. The best part of my day is sneaking over after everyone has gone to sleep and holding you close. Always feels like the universe falls away and its just us.”

It was nice to hear Makai say that her mind worked just fine, but in Myra's head, it didn't. She knew that her panic and anxiety attacks with crowds and whenever she was feeling overwhelmed could be rather daunting. However, in hindsight, she hadn't had one yet since Makai came back. This is why the heiress meant every word that if he wasn't here, she wasn't sure how'd she be able to take all of this. Something to talk about later.

"I love that too," Myra followed up after Makai informed her how he managed to cope with things, squeezing his hand tightly. "I love being held by you. Close." she attempted the awkward try of leaning close to him as they walked by pressing the side of her head to his shoulder.

"Do you really like looking after the nerfs?" It had been her father's pet project. So much had to be done with it too. Breeding lines, taking care of the calves. There was even a massive fence line that needed to be put up along an area the Tetan had deemed to be the new pasture. Honestly, Myra thought that they would have to get rid of them. Her mama wasn't in the right state to look after them and Makai had stepped up to try.

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to." the air was brisk enough for Myra to feel the chill. Yup, the cavern was definitely going to be cold.

They meandered down the path through the garden, a slight crunch under their boots from the gravel. A hoot of an owl and the flap of wings would be heard from the distance, but those were sounds Myra was used to.
When she'd been little, however, the thought of walking out at night had terrified her. The nightmares from Drumond Kaas had been fresh then.

He slowed his steps, matching hers so she could awkwardly lay her head against him. He noted the chill in the air, hoping the water would still be warm due to being in a cavern, caves typically had a constant temperature.

“I do enjoy taking care of the nerfs. Your father told me enough about them that I feel the project needs to continue, at least in the short term.”

Hand squeezed hers again, the moon bright enough to illuminate their path but even if it wasn’t, he knew the way by muscle memory. A system of internal roads and paths would keep them off the meadows and fields until the very last moment.

“I ordered all the supplies for the new pasture. I’ll start once everything has arrived. Something else to keep me busy.”

Makai had spent enough time with Caspian to know the basics of putting up a fence. Besides, he had sent a message to the old rancher and got a how-to guide in response, just in case his memory had gaps. Caspian was serious about nerfs and ranching and the land, so advice about keeping everything in harmony was included.

They were on a wider path now, hardpacked gravel that crunched slightly less. From here, he could see the rolling fields and neat rows of crops.

“So, I’ve been thinking, a dangerous thing to do, I know.”

Makai chuckled at his own joke. He was a little nervous to ask what he wanted to next, but it had to be done. An odd time perhaps, but events had him in deep thought, reflecting on what he wanted in life and where he was going.

“Is this it for you…us, I mean. Are you certain about me?”

"Of course I am!" Myra's response was immediate, filled with unwavering determination. She lifted her head from his shoulder to meet his gaze, her eyes sparkling sincerely. With a sudden halt in their walk, she turned to face Makai, grasping his hands firmly in hers.

"I've loved you since I was nine years old," she confessed, her cheeks flushing with a hint of embarrassment at the admission, though it rang absolutely true. "I told my parents I'd marry you one day by the time I was ten."
Her declaration hung in the air, punctuated by the rosy hue that colored her cheeks. Myra's gaze softened as she continued, pouring her heart out to him without reservation.

"I love you, Makai Dashiell. Now and forever," she declared, her voice filled with unwavering devotion. "I loved you then, I loved and missed you while you were gone, and I am hopelessly in love with you now."
With each word, Myra would rock gently on her heels before finding balance on the flats of her feet.

"I couldn't forget you even when I tried," she admitted with a soft sigh, her gaze momentarily dropping to the ground before lifting to meet his once more. Her misty grey eyes traced the contours of his face, from the tousled strands of his dark hair to the angles and planes of his beloved face and the jewel blue tones of his scales high along his neck. Finally, they returned to the wide, topaz blue eyes that stared down at her in adoration.

"You're the only one for me, Makai," she confessed earnestly, squeezing his hands with her own, her voice barely above a whisper. "I can't even imagine a life without you. I'd be lost." The truth of her words resonated in the air. There was just no one else for her. Not in this life or the next.

He hadn't expected them to slow to a stop, for Ellie to pour her heart out at the question. Makai had expected a ‘of course I am’ and an eyeroll, as if he was asking the obvious.

“Ten years old huh? I bet your parents laughed after you declared this, at the very least in private. That story is… it's just adorable. I can picture it in my mind.”

Makai smiled at her, hands squeezing hers back, noticing the faint blush on her cheeks in the dim lighting. That was his Ellie, bolding declaring her intentions one minute, blushing furiously the next.

“I love you too. I love the way your heart is always on your sleeve. That takes courage. I love that we're best friends but we could never be just friends. I never thought we'd be this attached, this in tune with one another. You're the other half of me, without a doubt.”

All those years ago, he never expected this outcome. Even as a youngster, Makai figured she would grow bored with him, scamper off and find a new friend circle in her pre-teen years. Yet here they were, all those years later.

“Back to what I've been thinking.” He paused, a little unsure, a little nervous. “I want to propose to you in a years time or so. Marriage two or three years after that.”

Makai was ready to back up his argument, knowing what he said on Palanhi

“I know what I said on Palanhi. It's still true. We're still building up our foundation but…Ellie, we've come for far in such a small amount of time. I don't know how you feel but it finally feels to me like everything has fallen into place. This…us…feels to incredibly easy now, it feels like before, like second nature.”

Hand gently squeezed hers again as he searched those liquid pools of mercury. Recent events had shown him just how short time could be. Time he didn't want to waste.

“Does this interfere with your plans? Company or otherwise? Do you think you're ready or do you think a year from now is far too early?”

Makai smiled, thumb rubbing along the smooth skin of her hand.

“If I had my choice you'd be my wife tomorrow, but I know we have to be practical.”

As Makai reached the part where he needed to ask Myra about their future plans, he'd noticed her struggle to hold back tears. Despite his attempts at lightening the mood with a joke about practicality, the heiress was already struggling to keep her tears in her eyes.

No, she was failing.

"Makai, I'd marry you tonight if you asked," Makai may have made a joke about marrying her tomorrow, and the whole need to be practical, but Myra wasn't joking. Her pa's death made it even more clear that perhaps they spent too much time apart as it was. In the back of her mind, she knew that Makai had reservations regarding the manner in which his parent's marriage fell apart. And while Myra never had observed Makai's ma or pa at all as a married couple before, in her mind, that was a different relationship all together, and certainly wasn't one similar to what she had with Makai.

If Makai wanted to elope with her, Myra would jump on it instantly. The idea of eloping seemed thrilling to her; consequences be damned. Sure, it might not be the most sensible decision, and their parents would likely have objections, but Myra couldn't deny the overwhelming happiness the thought brought her.

Her hands came up to cup his cheeks, chilled by the cold, and her thumbs lovingly grazed the arch of his cheekbones. Rising up on her tippy toes, she gave him a kiss, nibbling at his lower lip before breathing in deeply through her nose and stealing another kiss, her lips playful against his.

"I am ready. That sounds perfect to me. You're the only one I'll ever want," Myra whispered, her breath mingling with his. "As long as I have you, I'm content."

A mischievous grin tugged at her lips as she added, "But I must warn you, the longer you make me wait, the more impatient I'll become." With that, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, pressing her soft curves against the hard wall of his chest.

"Because I'd love nothing more than to be your wife," whispers against his ear as she nuzzles his cheek with hers.

Dumbstruck.

Completely dumbstruck.

He had never imagined such a reaction in his mind. While he was certain marriage was on the table, Makai had suspected she would agree, perhaps wanting to wait to a point in her journey as heiress before settling down. Not that he was holding her back ; both had already known what taking over the helm for their parents entailed.

All the sudden they were kissing, his hand at the nape of her neck, holding her close as she nibbled on his lip, declaring she was ready to take that next step. To be his wife, to build their future together.

Arms went to loop around her as she whispered in his ear how ready she was, leaving goosebumps rising along his neck.

“What are we waiting for, let’s get married.”

This was not how he planned to propose. Makai had planned something romantic, getting one knee, lots of declarations of how he loved her, and presenting a ring in a mint tin as a tongue in cheek joke.

“Not tonight, or tomorrow…However, in a few months let’s do it. I can't wait to be your husband.Let me become Mister Arceneau.”

Arms squeezed her tight, keeping her close, the feeling of her soft curves against him, the warm breath fanning against his neck, the smell of her citrus and jasmine combination that was a heady elixir.

“I want to ask your Ma first for your hand and start on our place. Find somewhere we will live, settle in and get used to. Unless you want to stay in yours on Chandrila? Just move once we have our first child.”

Something gave him pause though. Makai pulled back, looking at her, sapphire searching agate for an answer.

“You don’t want a big wedding? All the pomp and circumstance? The fairy tale? You’re a very romantic person, I figured you would be all over this, already have a color scheme picked.”

Such a wedding wouldn’t be what he preferred, but he understood her enough to know a fairy tale wedding could be something she had in mind for years.

“If not…maybe just us, our parents, Rue and Persie?”

There was no hiding or holding back Myra's squee of excitement, loud enough to echo throughout the fields and the gardens that surrounded them. She tightened her arms around him in a rush of emotion, joy, and giddy excitement shooting through her from head to toe. She was ecstatic. Beyond happy at this very moment.

Was it the classic cheesy proposal? No, but that wasn’t what mattered to Myra. It was that Makai was here in front of her, letting her know that there is no one else that he could spend his life with and that he wanted to make sure they planned for that fact. He loved her, wanted her, wanted to one day have a family with her.

That’s what counted. It was every bit as romantic and suited them just fine. Perfect even.

Seeing the concern in Makai’s face about Myra not having the crazy big wedding most girls dream of, Myra gave a wide smile and shook her head from side to side, saying, “What makes a wedding romantic isn’t the size or the pomp and circumstance that goes into it Makai… what makes it romantic is having it be an extension of ourselves, suited to what we feel is important to us. A small wedding here at the farm, maybe the solarium would be just perfect!”

She then gave a chuckle, swaying in his arms from side to side as she grinned up at him. At this point Myra didn’t even feel the chill of the night anymore. “It wasn’t a color scheme or grand wedding I scribbled in my lobe paper diaries years ago Makai… it was practicing how pretty I can make Dashiell next to my name for my signature.” Myra admitted, glad that the moonlight would show off her blush too much.

“I think the entire valley just heard you. Don't be surprised if you just woke up security.”

Yet the reaction was all Ellie Arceneau. In this moment they were both effervescently ecstatic. Warm exultant feelings crashed into him as they were wrapped up in one another.

Makai didn’t mean to turn his question into a proposal but it was right. A question that had begun about a timeline and her future plans had actually turned into their future. They had known each other for almost a near life-time and he couldn’t wait to spend the rest of his days with her.

“You know the Farm contains nearly every favorite memory I have of us. The solarium seems perfect, it's a stunning space for what will be an even more stunning bride.”

Hearing she had been practicing her signature for nearly what, over a decade at this point, he offered an eyebrow raised in surprise. Leave it to Ellie to be prepared for every situation, especially once she had set her mind to making something happen.

“What next, a notebook full of our kids' names? No Makai Junior, please, don’t curse our boy that way.”

Before she could protest, he drew her in for a kiss, lingering on her lips long after the act had ended. Their foreheads pressed together for a moment, quietly taking in the moment.

Next would be informing their respective parents. Makai was up to bat on that front, knowing it would have to be done quickly before he slipped and called her his fiancée during an outing with Rue or Persie and it made its way back in third-hand.

Grin plastered all over his face, he looked at her anew, circling back to her notebook admission.

“So you’re ready to write Myra Elspeth Korden Arceneau Kuhn Dashiell for the rest of your life? You know the Dashiell isn't necessary.”

Bubbling with excitement, Myra couldn't resist rolling her eyes playfully at Makai's teasing about her ridiculously long legal name. Wrapped in his arms, she swayed on the tips of her toes, giggling, "Oh, come on, Makai, that's way too much of a mouthful."

"No way, there's a difference between a signature and a full name--plus, I'm definitely taking on the Dashiell name!"
Her tone shifted, suddenly serious, and she shot him a mock glare, as if to say, don't even joke about that.

"I may have practiced signing Myra E. Arceneau Kuhn Dashiell," she confessed, cheeks flushing a bit. "And maybe I've thought about a few names for future kids..."

"But regardless, Dashiell is definitely part of it. I'll make my signature look pretty somehow!"

With another burst of giggles, she squealed and planted another kiss on Makai. This was everything she'd ever wanted and more. So much better than the fake mint tin proposal he'd teased her with years ago. Because you don't joke about things like that unless you mean them, and Myra knew-- Makai this time, meant every word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom