Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Absolution

Kyra continued to beam, handing him a plate with a cinnamon roll on it. "I got you the last one!" She informed, the plate in her hand already having two of its own. She didn't move to take her bag from him, effectively ignoring its presence as she strained in place for the next serving table.

"I know you don't like me," she continued to state, her gaze staying on the empty, steaming platter in the distance. The staff loitered, clearly waiting for the next one to be brought out. "I know I'm annoying. But, say what you want-- I have the best luck at getting fresh food." A fresh tray of scrambled eggs was placed down, the line abruptly moving again as the people before them were finally served.

"See!" She bounced in placed, pleased. "Every time, nice and hot!" She held out her plate to the lady, a generous helping splattered onto her plate.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn sighed, though it was soft and inaudible whilst Kyra Perl Kyra Perl continued to speak. This idea in her head that she had captured of him 'not liking her' was not at all correct, alas every little hint of frustration or critique in how she might improve on herself was taken to heart. Caedyn wasn't sure if this was Kyra being particularly sensitive or if this was a trait in all Empath's.

"Well...-Thank you" Caedyn conceded, taking up his tray in line beside her. "You left your bag behind by the way" he remarked, pointing it out as she had noticeably neglected it.

Caedyn nodded in thanks to the cafeteria staff, following his Padawan through to the other side of the serving station to collect their utensils before heading towards one of the free tables. He had learned that, for the time being at-least, she was still avoiding her friends and fellow students and so he picked a secluded spot for the pair of them, where they wouldn't likely be joined by others.

"For the record, this idea that I don't like you is absurd" he spoke up, needing to have it be said that she'd gotten the wrong idea of him; "Just because I'm hard on you at times, doesn't mean that I'm not fond of you".

“Of course you are, I give you cinnamon buns.” Kyra flopped grestfully into their secluded spot, not outwardly recognizing that he had chosen it with her in mind, but appreciating it all the same. She gave a customary wary glance over her shoulder, then let her posture fall to a slouch over her plate as she dug in. She waited until he put food in his mouth, then spoke.

“I hate that bag. It’s too heavy,” she told him, glossing over his statement that he didn’t dislike her. “We don’t have to carry all that training shiz in the field, so why make us drag it about here? Gonna give us back problems.” She glanced up from her food, clearly eyeing his posture for signs of said problems.

“How old are you. Is your memory okay?” Came the seemingly random question. Well, to an outsider.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn scoffed a laugh in response to her patronizing him over his age, "Please, I'm only twenty-four" he replied with a slight grin, rolling his eyes there-after before turning his attention to his tray. He'd acquired himself a selection of scrambled eggs, two pieces of toast and a fresh cup of caf to start the day off comfortably. Although the Stim-Caf was more by desire then nessecity, as their prior training session had given him plenty of time to wake, let alone the struggle of reaching a sense of mutual ground with Kyra Perl Kyra Perl .

"If you don't want to carry this thing around, you can return it to your Dorm after breakfast" Caedyn added, pushing the back across the floor with his boot, to her side of the table; "All you need during our sessions is your Lightsaber, Datapad and Commlink. The usual that ought to be on your belt most of the time".

"Have you made any progress in your social life, yet?" He asked as they both began their breakfast, sharing their morning start with a much friendlier atmosphere than previously. Caedyn had to admit, he found the time together pleasant. A good way to start the day with his Padawan, much more casual and without the immediate worries or complaints that came about during her practices.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn smiled as he took a mouthful of his breakfast, he would've otherwise laughed at her avoidance of the question. A half nod and a roll of his eyes would be more than enough for Kyra Perl Kyra Perl to know that he understood her response all too well. "Right" he remarked, pausing a moment to chew and swallow his food before clearing his throat; "Well I strongly encourage you to make an effort there...".

Looking about the rest of the cafeteria, Caedyn watched the other students mingling with their friends, some with their mentors like Kyra was now with him. She however missing out on the pleasure of her friends company, that of which he felt might further help her in dealing with some of her own personal doubts and insecurities. Though that wasn't something that he'd point out to her, not without risking setting her off again.

"Would you at-least be willing to talk about them? Perhaps starting with who your friends are around here, besides Acaadi Acaadi ?".

Kyra gave a heavy sigh. Well. As heavy as one could manage with a mouth full of bread. She made a slow show at chewing, the girl giving the concept her unwilling consideration.

"Fine," she said, licking frosting off her fingers. She reached for his cafe, having forgot any of her own, and wet her throat with it. "I'll talk to Ura. Can't kill her, she's sand." She grumbled to herself, giving him a surprising display of acceptance as she stabbed at her eggs. Contrary to how it seemed, Kyra did not like the fighting either. It would probably be the first sign that he was gaining ground with her. The first battle easily won.

But she still held strong reservations about the matter. It was easy to be irrational about something if you didn't give it words, it couldn't be challenged if she ignored its presence.

"But after saber practice?" She whined, looking up at him. She really wanted to stab things. It was so much better than meditating. Whew, she dodged a bullet with that one.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn wasn't one to 'look a gift horse in the mouth'. Kyra Perl Kyra Perl was beginning to cooperate with him, and at the very least his suggestions didn't spark an argument or her instinctive need to take offense at his every whim. To her suggestion of Saber Practice, Caedyn grinned further, lowering what would have been his next mouthful to reply with amusement in his voice; "Yes well I did promise to teach you Soresu didn't I, however the form requires patience and preservation. Perhaps you'd be better off with something like Djem So, in stead".

Form III was all about moving as little as possible and reserving ones efforts until an opponent had tired and they could then seek to capitalize on their weakness or openings. For Kyra, she struggled with keeping still, and was an overly energetic and enthusiastic young woman whom would possible find it a tiring and excruciating effort to learn. While both Caedyn and his Father were primary practitioners of the form, perhaps it was something that would be easier taught only after she'd managed to learn to slow down some.

Kyra frowned, giving him a heavy looked. "Djem...so...?" She repeated, the wheels clearly turning. He'd see recognition hit like a dim bell, her brows shooting up. "Wait... Isn't that... the forth one?"

The excitement was slow to follow, the girl giving him a tentative look as she studied him for signs of trickery. "But Master Yuroic says you need one to build another. Master Yuroic says I'm not ready." Not that she was one to look a gift horse in the mouth, either. She just didn't understand.

She liked earning her stripes with this stuff. He wasn't... taking them away from her with his new tactics, was he? It was the first time he heard her openly speak of her once-was mentor, the man now officially removed from teaching. A pang hit her chest, her fingers tightening on her cup.

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Djem So is the fifth form known to the Order, also known to be called the Way of the Krayt Dragon, or the Perseverance form" Caedyn explained, almost directly quoting the Archive Files on the subject. "The fourth form of Lightsaber combat is Ataru, which can also be viewed as aggressive, yet utilized more aerial techniques and that of your environment to get one up over your opponent".

Caedyn took note of Kyra Perl Kyra Perl 's mention of Yuroic Xeraic, mostly out of acknowledgement in the fact that the Jedi Master was one among many who taught the forms in order to their students. For Caedyn, his methods differed somewhat in that he wasn't as entirely 'by the book' when it came to the ways of the Jedi, as Kyra had thus far come to perceive of him.

Being raised as a member of the Je'daii Order instead, the Jedi Knight before her held some views and methods that set him apart from others. That said, he and Yuroic had once shared a discussion that had disclosed the fact that their views weren't all that entirely unique from the others. Perhaps, among all of the Silver Jedi here, Caedyn had found that Yuroic could relate to his past training more than most.

"Believe it or not, as a Padawan I was not taught these forms at all. More that I was taught the principles behind them..." Caedyn explained with a faint smile, thinking back on his former Master and her teachings. "I'm not so certain the order of forms matters so much, providing you always take your training seriously and also great care in known when to refer to your lightsaber, and more importantly, when not to".

"What?" Kyra cut in, dumbfounded. "You were taught principals but you didn't do it? How does that even work? Do you even know them all? How are you my Master if you can't even do it all it's just-" She whined, the outburst sudden to an outsider. He couldn't know her emotions were spiking at the thought of her dying mentor. He couldn't realize the comparison she was making was out of respect for what the lost man, and not out of direspect for him.

He couldn't know she was mourning, because she kept this all to herself. Instead the cruel words slipped from her tongue with a childish edge, Kyra slumping as if she was about to throw a fit.

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn lifted his left hand, gesturing for her pause as he leaned back into his chair, a silent exhale leaving him in sighing fashion. "I know the Forms, yes" He responded firmly, confidently, however there was more to it. Much like that which he did not understand about his Padawan, she too did not know of his past. Not any of it.

"The Order of which I was originally a member of and taught the ways of the Force by, were not the Silver Jedi, however" he explained; "The Jedi and the Sith are not the only practitioners of the Force who are out there in the Galaxy, in fact those of which I was taught by are the descendants of the Je'daii Order from which the Jedi and the Sith originated from long ago..." Caedyn had little confidence however in that his Padawan would listen without jumping to conclusions. Next thing he'd be hearing was that she was accusing him of being Sith for all he knew. Force only knows what would happen if he explained that he knew the ways of Bogan (the Dark Side). Kyra Perl Kyra Perl had plenty of growth yet before she was ready for such revelations however.

"It probably sounds confusing, but long story short, before there was the Jedi and the Sith...-There was the Je'daii. Followers of that Order, were whom I trained under as a Padawan. The style of combat that I was first instructed in, was different from the style of training the Jedi receive today. However, The Assembly wouldn't allow me to teach classes if I didn't know the subjects of what it is that I teach now, would they...".

"....Huh," Kyra uttered, her brows furrowed at him. For a moment it might feel like she hadn't even heard him, her attention clearly spinning to places outside of his explanation. She took a long sip of his coffee, then placed it down and finally chirped.

"Sure, I'll learn Sor der-derum if you think it's better. But- " She grinned a little, something clearly coming. "Only if we start later next time. Five am? Reaaaallly? I bet sith dont even get up that early. Actually, I know they don't!" The first mention of her time with them dropped into the conversation. Kyra didn't even realize she did so, plucking at her eggs and popping it in her mouth.

"How'd you even learn that? I thought they were all dead."

Caedyn Arenais

C
'Sor der-derum'...

"Djem So" Caedyn corrected her, unable to resist; "And no, this isn't a negotiation. You asked to spar with me and I made a suggestion. Our training sessions begin at 6am every second morning as planned" he shook his head to her with a half smirk, "Nice try though" he added with a hint of amusement.

"As for the Je'daii...-You could say that my Master was one of the main leaders of the group dedicated to the reformation of their Order. It took a lot of hard work and compromise, but she was one of the best of them and through her I learned about a lot of our history. The first of our like, and the start of the century long battle between the Jedi and the Sith..." Caedyn gave something of a sideways nod, a show of indifference and thoughtfulness.

"The Je'daii encouraged a number of major or concentrated subjects to study much like the Silver Jedi offer to students these days. Mine was the discipline of physical combat, as well as practice and study in the Force. They had specific Temples and Enclaves dedicated to these subjects, and that's how I become the Steward of the Enclave of Svivren, back when it was a Je'daii institution..." The Enclave of Svivren was originally a Jedi Facility, however Veiere had given it to the Je'daii once it had been rebuilt, in the understanding that his Son would also benefit from it while growing up. When the Je'daii had disappeared however, Caedyn had returned it to it's original purpose under the renewed Jedi Coalition of the Outer Rim Territories.

"That place has a long history" he added.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra yawned at him, delicate and sassing as he concluded. "It's history alright." The boring kind too. She mulled, not wanting to encourage another lecture. It was just too early! One thought came pressing to mind. She tried to shake it, but it kept pushing forward in that way ideas did with her. She looked up a him, a devilish gleam to her.

"If they disappeared, why are you here? Did they forget to collect you? I can send out a post card, can't do much early morning waking up at all if you're off being space dust history on a book shelf." She tapped her temple at him, satisfied over her solution to his inane hours.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn lifted his head briefly, as though realizing something behind her following question; he should've seen that one coming, as it was a good question and one that he'd have been asking in her position. Albeit a little more respectfully.

"The Je'daii prized neutrality and balance...-The Force to them was simply the Force, and Light or Dark were concepts that formed over time with the coming of the Jedi and the Sith. The Je'daii had their beliefs, and often referred to the difference in these practices as the will of their Gods or Deities, yet they never wished to honor one above the other and so with the state of the Galaxy, the consistent wars going on between the Jedi and the Sith, they sought not to be involved...", Kyra Perl Kyra Perl may not have wished for a lecture, but there was a wealth of detail and personal experience as well as influence on Caedyn Arenais that had been lost over the years with the Je'daii choosing to disperse from the known Galaxy.

"My Father saw fit to donate a Praxeum Ship to the Je'daii, as he and my Master were estranged friends. The Je'daii then took this ship and a number of smaller vessels and sought solace in wild space. To which these days I have no idea where they are...-They've gone completely off the grid".

Kyra visibly deflated at his lack of reaction, the girl clearly hoping to pull a response out of him. She didn't consciously understand her hostile nature with him, but it always a downer to not have your emotions met in turn. It was like he was really determined to be boring here.

Kyra sighed, picking dramatically at the last bits of her cinnamon roll.

"Maybe you should go find them. Yunno. Make sure they're okay." And let her sleep in! She reached out and pulled his confiscated coffee back to her, resting her head on its rim as she pick and tossed her crumbs about her plate.

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
"They made their choice long ago..." Caedyn replied softly, "And I had to accept that". Kyra Perl Kyra Perl couldn't know that Caedyn had indeed tried to keep them together, having put out the call for students and trained Je'daii alike in the hope of keeping their traditions and values alive, to live the legacy of his Master before him. Nor did she realize that he had gone through the following years feeling lost, not knowing his place beyond the Je'daii and how long it had truly taken him to feel a rightful part of the Jedi Order known to the Galaxy today, those parted in their many different organizations, practices and ideologies.

"Besides, I have a new family now" He added, his concentration returning to his Padawan, although she wouldn't notice it as she were presently resting atop of his Stimcaf. It had probably gone cold by this point, and it didn't seem likely that he was getting it back any time soon. "Surely you don't find me all that entirely bad, do you" he asked, though there was a risk factor to the question that left him uncertain of whether it should have been rhetorical or not.

The response came without hesitation, the girl not even bothering to pick her words carefully as she rattled, "You're okaaaaaaaay ... when you're not mad at me. Or teaching history." She glanced up, giving him a look and tossing a chunk of pastry at him in a gentle arc.

She felt the strange pang from him. Without considering it, the empath changed topics, not poking the spot that left him uncomfortable.

"Are you gonna marry her? ... Asa, I mean. Could bring her back here... Have a party.... I know how to get into the pantry now. Could get you guys like. Cake." Kyra really like Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe , a fact he might have been made aware of by now. It was ironic that her favorite role model that wasn't in her family ... was dating her master, but she wasn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Slumber parties were gonna be so much easier now.

"'Should bring her..."

Caedyn Arenais

C
As the subject took a turn to that of his relationship with Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe , Caedyn couldn't help but chuckle a little under his breath. The whole marriage thing hadn't exactly been something they'd ever discussed. They owned their own place of residence together thanks to Caedyn's efforts, however it had been something he had sprung on her and in doing so realized that there might have been an aspect of caution in her willingness to commit. The fear of change in which he had surprised her with, and naturally it had been a bit of a shock. A male's way of trying to do something romantic and completely overstepping boundaries...

"Maybe one day..." Caedyn answered a little cautiously in response; "....If all goes my way" he added, not wanting to give Kyra Perl Kyra Perl the impression that it might not be something he wanted. The fact was that Caedyn wouldn't have had reason not to ask, were it not for the time lapse in which they saw one another, as well as wanting to consider where she was and how she was feeling about her place in life. Having distanced herself from the Silver Jedi for a time, Caedyn knew that it had been hard for Asaraa to adapt. She had always been a good Jedi in his eyes, though she felt differently in herself and these were things that no one could change, no matter how they might want to try.

"Is that something you've been thinking about?" he asked curiously, wondering how deep her line of thought went in regards to him and his personal life. Was she getting attached to the point of imagining herself involved in some form? Perhaps he was making ground after-all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom