Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Absentee Dad

A datapad slammed hard against the desk as JJ tossed it with a flair of his mother’s Corellian temper. It was another letter from his father that he would not be at the homestead when Judah Junior arrived. Whatever. This was why JJ had left a long time ago. His father could never stay home for any length of time. Most trips his mother went with him, and those had brought about the most heartache for the young Knight. Sasha had been party to most of it only to leave as well. Though JJ supposed it was as much his fault as hers.

His frieghter, a YT-1930 he had yet to name, was approaching Naboo where his parent owned and operated LeStar Winery. It had been an investment after Corellia had been ravaged and their compound destroyed. JJ had gone off to find the Silver Jedi afterward and for a while lie had seemed as though it would turn around. He’d met someone, a young brunette Antarian Ranger, but it was not in the cards. The Silvers would destroy a world because they were losing a battle, and it was the last JJ had seen of the faction and of the woman he’d fallen in love with.

JJ traveled alone. With the ship already headed for his parents home there wasn’t much to do, short of re-route his trip. There was small compound Judah had just beyond the lake county of Naboo. A remote area behind the winery where his father would train. Perhaps he could catch his father there before he left, or at least figure out why he was gone. Many mission notes were left in the data station there, and JJ knew all of his dad’s passcodes. For a Sentinel he wasn’t too clever with them. JJ chucked at the idea.

The ship landed with ease, both parents being pilots it had better, and JJ left it unattended. No one was going to steal it.

That’s when he felt it. There was another presence.

JJ rushed into the main room of the compound with a his lightsaber drawn to his hands. As a guardian JJ was blade first questions later, and this was no different, especially when his father wouldn’t leave a student behind, ever.

”Show yourself! Best if you do!”

[member="Kestrel Dray"]

Kestrel was meditating on the middle of the floor in the common area of the compound. Sunlight poured through a window and covered her in a golden glow, the warmth soaking through her black and grey ensemble and into her light-pink skin.

The winery was peaceful and quiet, but Kestrel found she couldn’t enjoy it. Her stomach was doing this twirly thing, which didn’t help her to find her center in the Force. Something she was ready to give up on at this point.

Judah Lesan was missing, vanishing before their last mission began...

It was a run-of-the-mill op to track down some criminal involved with an illegal slaving ring, but something had gone wrong, and the senior Lesan never showed at the agreed location.

She searched for the man but, came out empty-handed. The Galaxy was vast, he could be anywhere.

And that was why she’d come to Naboo.

Kestrel never had enough time outside of her training and missions to get to know JJ, Judah’s son. They were acquaintances, but a handshake and a brief one-time introduction was as far as that relationship went. She didn’t think that would matter though, once she told him that Judah was missing. And with JJ's natural blood-ties and Force sensitivity, Kestrel thought he could be the key to finding the senior Lesan. Last she heard, he was expected to be arriving back on Naboo.

…That was more or less who she suspected called out when she heard a masculine voice and the sound of electricity crackling to life.

Judah mentioned his son’s head-first mentality. Her eyes rolled.

Kestrel jumped to her feet in one quick motion and emerged, head cocked to the side and hand planted firmly against her hip. “Ah, don’t get excited! What do you plan to do, anyway, hm?” she waved a hand to indicate towards the blade, “Cut me in half with that thing? Shut it off before you hurt yourself.” She sighed and straightened her spine, splaying her hands out to show that she posed no threat.

“I’m Kestrel Dray, we’ve met before, remember? I’m one of your father’s students. I came here to talk to you about him.”

[member="Judah Lesan Jr."]

”You mean that he’s not here,” Judah asked as he lowered the blade and shut it off.

He didn’t need to read minds to know that what she wanted to talk about. There was only one reason that any of his dad’s students would want to take to him. He had briefly remembered meeting this one. Certainly he wasn’t going to forget the pink skin and black hair. It was a striking combination, but she likely already knew it. JJ was careful with his dad’s students after he had brought Sasha Voss home. The two had grown attached very quickly, and that had proven to be a disaster later on. He swore he was never going to fall for another of his dad’s padawans ever again.

”So he stood you up to? He was supposed to be here this time, but decided to go on a mission instead. I’m guessing you’re the reason he was ditching me this time?”

JJ didn’t meant to be rude, but he did. Growing up it seemed Judah was always giving his students more attention. Auntie Bri has trained him for crying out loud. Sure the two had actually split up his training, but Judah Lesan was usually spending more with his students. It was the way of the Jedi, but it didn’t have to be the way of their family.

The lightsaber was clipped back to his belt as he motioned for her to follow him. They needed to look through his files to see where he may have gone. Using their bond wasn’t going to work, especially if his dad didn’t want to be found. Judah knew how to stay hidden when he needed to or wanted to. If Judah Lesan didn’t want to be found, it was likely they wouldn’t.

”Right so start at the beginning and tell me what’s going on... it’s Kes... right?”

JJ always had been good with names.

[member="Kestrel Dray"]

She didn’t know what JJ’s relationship with his Dad was like, but the hostile tone made it pretty evident that it wasn’t a good one. It was difficult pretending not to be offended by it, one dark brow lifting as she adjusted her shoulders as if to simply roll off the sideways comment aimed at her with an obstinate shrug. “I suppose,” Kestrel answered, sinking her teeth down on the tip of her tongue.

Well. This was off to a great start...and she was sure it was only going to get better.

With a disgruntled huff, she swung the taupe colored satchel off her shoulder and began rustling through the main compartment. She removed a small holodisc and jabbed the thing in his direction.

“This disc contains the details of our last objective, including our rendezvous point. We were supposed to meet before we started the op, but he never showed. Location’s seedy though, and notorious for gang activity. One in particular practically runs the area, it might be possible he ran into trouble getting there. But I came up with nothing when I tried looking for him. Not even an indication through the Force that he was ever there.”

”Sorry... I’m being a jerk. It’s not your fault he is never around these days.”

It was as close to a genuine apology as JJ would give. He still blamed his dad taking on more students somit kind of was her fault in a way. JJ was just looking for a way to cool his temper, the one he got from his mother. That Corellian redhead sure could let it fly when she was upset. JJ loved her though, and was definitely a mama’s boy from day one.

He took the disk, and motioned toward the side room where his dad kept the data station. A smirk pulled at his lips.

”Seedy, dangerous, not safe, bad gangs, sounds like a mission my dad can’t turn down. My guess is he found something and couldn’t wait for you, or didn’t want you mixed up in it. As much as I get upset at him, he’s always trying to be protective.”

That included his padawans. He shrugged as the screen booted up and displayed the contents of the disk. There was nothing on it that looked out of the ordinary. Judah must have stared at each file for a good couple of hours before he finally pushed the chair back.

”If I keep staring at that, my eyes are gonna bleed. My dad ever tell you that he’s a master chef?”

JJ was getting hungry, and taking a break from the information was going to be what he needed. He could use some fresh eyes in the morning.

”How about this, I will make you the most amazing dinner you’ve ever had, at my parents Chateau, and in the morning we can figure this out?”

[member="Kestrel Dray"]

“It’s fine, let’s just focus on the task, hm?”

It was best to move on as quickly as possible from that awkward conversation starter.

She watched when JJ put the disc in and the information started to scroll across the screen, listening while he chuckled at what she said and explaining to her how characteristic this all was of his Dad, due to his protective nature. To that, Kestrel grumpily ‘harumphed’, because it only meant one thing for her. She would still get into trouble, except now she’d be going into it blind, too. “Well, I wish he’d try being less so. He should know by now how much ‘good’ trying to protect me actually does.”

Kestrel ruthlessly kept her impatience at bay, trying to keep it as hidden as possible, though it became increasingly harder to do as the time kept on ticking by, with minutes eventually turning into hours.

Eventually, she’d relented and pulled up a chair next to Judah’s son, staring at the files with him...at least until sitting grew uncomfortable, then she was up again.

Occasionally she glanced at the chrono on the wall, then to her watch to confirm the time. Every minute they were stuck here staring at files, was a minute that could have been spent finding her Master.

So absorbed in her thoughts in finding Judah Sr., that Kestrel barely registered Judah’s question to her. “Hm?” she asked half-aware, brow raising. “Ah, right. Uh..no.” she shook her head. “Master chef? No...wasn’t something that really came up…”

Kestrel clicked her tongue, then loosed a sigh of frustration. “You know, your Dad could be in real trouble...and a day has already been wasted! I can’t sit here on my thumbs and have dinner when my Master might be in need of help."

She was about to rush off but stopped, breathed, and turned on her heal. She stood opposite of JJ, and though she wasn't usually a 'headfirst' kind of person, when it came to the people she cared about...well, Kestrel found herself battling against her impulses to scour the galaxy for the next crumb in the bread trail.

Because of that, though, she'd turned unnecessarily harsh and critical. Walking over, she came and laid a hand on his arm with a look of entreaty turned to him. “I'm sorry, I'm just...I don’t want to forgo any more time that we might spend in being able to find him.” she looked around one last time at the Chateau, “Your home here is beautiful, but the best time to take action is now. My ship is docked at the bay, it's a blue painted a YT-1200. I’ll be waiting there if you decide to come with me, but I’m leaving in an hour.”

JJ sighed. Normally he was the jump first and ask questions later type. He just didn’t sense the urgency Kestrel did. Judah got, he did. If Cambria has been missing like this he would worry. His dad always came back, and he always had a reason for everything. JJ just felt... peace.

It was a peace he tried to extend Kestrel if she would feel his nudge and drop he shields long enough to let it wash over her. JJ cared, but he wasn’t about to see one his dad’s students run off on a suicide mission without knowing where to even start. This was one of those missions where they needed a starting point. It had to be in his dad’s files. Judah Lesan always left a clue.

”Look I don’t want to seem rude or uncaring, so please take this right way. My dad always leaves breadcrumbs. You know that right? You’re his student so you have to...”

JJ shut down the data station after copying the files to his data pad. He sighed as Kestrel was already half way out the door before she turned around to face him. Yes, Judah was out there, but figuring out their starting point was not a waste of time.

”Okay just answer me this. When was the last time you had real food, slept in a nice bed, and had real shower with hot water? I’m not saying we can’t run off, and I know you’re concerned, but who is looking out for you hmmm? You find these guys when you’ve been running ragged, or you haven’t cleared your head, you make mistakes. If you don’t want to spend the night, fine, but instead of an hour, make it two, come back with me, get real food, and a hot shower, then we can leave. Compromise with me hear...”

He lifted his brow in the same way his mother always had when she was trying to convince Judah not to run off. JJ didn’t know he was doing it, but there was something suggestive about it, like there would be a benefit to taking the offer. He was Corellian and certain looos came natural even unintentionally. Besides, she was cute...

”I swear my intentions are meant to be helpful.”

Even if the look on his face wasn’t.

[member="Kestrel Dray"]

The trip to Naboo had proven to be a waste of her time, and disappointing. She'd come believing that JJ would want to spring into action the second he heard that his Dad was missing, not take it in stride. If Judah's son wasn't going to help her, then she'd go off on her own and do what needed doing. Kestrel almost reached the door, ready to press the release button to leave, but ...

JJ's voice of reason reached her ears and she took a glance down at the spacer attire she was wearing. The journey here had been long and tiring, but adrenaline kept her from feeling it. Even her jacket was coated with a fine film of dust on it. Not to mention she could feel the springs in her back from the cheap mattresses onboard, in desperate need of replacing.

Kestrel breathed in and closed her magenta eyes, realizing he was right. She wanted answers desperately and had intended to find them, but after hours of sitting with him, they were no closer than before and she'd let her frustration and worry get the better of her in the heat of the moment. The woman breathed out a slow sigh and opened her eyes before turning back around.

She cleared her voice slightly, removing her jacket and folding it across her arm. "Fine," she agreed, though it sounded rather begrudgingly. "Two hours, and then we go."

She almost left. JJ was about ready to shake his head and sigh when she turned around and gave in. Still it seemed that she was reluctant. Was he worried, yes, but it wasn't going to make him run out the door and rush into something with no knowledge. For once he was actually putting thought to it, and it was not just because it was his father was involved. He just knew that if it was serious, they couldn't take his normal bash in the door, guns blazing approach. Why didn't Kes see it this way. In the grand scheme of things two hours was not going to make much of a difference, especially if Judah had been missing for as long as she seemed to indicate.

JJ just nodded, and walked past her as he led the way back to his speeder.

"Two hours I promise... just long enough to eat, grab a shower, and freshen up. I've also got to pack. We will find him, and I'm traveling with you until we do."

That was that. Judah walked to his speeder and hopped on. When Kes was ready, he took off to his parents home. While Kes was in the shower, JJ packed what he needed for the trip and cooked up something for them both to eat. When the fresher was empty, JJ got his own shower. He tried not to look to worried when he was around Kes, but when he was alone in the shower he let it all out. The truth of the matter was, JJ knew it was a long shot in finding him at this point, and JJ was worried that if they did find him, he would not be alive.

He came out dressed in his green robes, ate, and cleaned up the mess. It took exactly 1 hour and 49 minutes before the two of them were walking up the loading ramp of Kes's ship. JJ looked for something that resembled guest quarters and dropped his bag in it. He knew he was going to be living on the ship for a while, so he needed to make it feel at home. It was exactly what he expected it to be. Most ships were a bucket of bolts, and this definitely fit the stereotype. JJ walked to the cockpit and sat in the co-pilot seat.

"Alright... let's get out of here... Last known location here we come..."

[member="Kestrel Dray"]

"Okay...just a sec..."

Kes called back over her shoulder, trying to finagle the loading ramp that was giving her trouble.

Bucket of bolts...that was one way to describe her ship. "Gods..." she mumbled, stomping on the ramp arm to unstick it. In response, the ramp moaned and screeched. More banging echoed through the ship, some muffled cursing, then, finally, it closed.

After a few seconds, she emerged, boots ringing across the deck until she plopped herself into the pilot's seat, starting up the pre-flight checks.

A piece of tape covered a blinking red maintenance light, the seats were roughly patched together, cords dangled from the ceiling. Some mysterious goop covered up what looked to be holes...and Kestrel didn't seem a bit disturbed as it sputtered to life.

She shrugged her shoulders, glancing at JJ.

"It's fine...she'll get us where we need to go...just gotta..." Kes jabbed at the buttons several times to get the coordinates put in and relaxed back into the seat. "Alright...outer rim, here we come." After comming the docking crew for the clearance to leave, she pulled gently on the control yolk to lift off. The old YT-1200 shuddered and shook in response, wobbling unsteadily as it entered the atmosphere.

"Preparing the launch to hyperspace. Make sure your belt is tight...it's gonna be bumpy."

After a few moments, the ship lurched forward, sounding like it could rip apart at any second. But miraculously, they'd made it, and the blue of hyperspace was spinning all about outside.

The search for Judah Lesan was on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judah was very concerned about the ship. First it was old, second it was falling apart. Kestrel wanted him to trust her in this thing. Judah was as good as gone if this was what they were taking to save him. He buckled in like he was told, saying many silent to prayers to whatever deity he could think of just in case the Jedi were wrong about being one with the force at death.

Fortunately the prayers seemed to be not needed for this leg of trip. Dropping out of lightspeed was as bad as jumping into it, but they survived, and whatever the goop was Kes had used, it made great glue. Still, JJ was going to pay to have certain things fixed, especially if he was going to be on this journey with her for a while. This was going to have to be his home until they found Judah, and that made him nervous, especially the part of one bathroom and one set of quarters. Just because he was a Corellian didn't mean he was comfortable with Judah's students. There was a painful memory there somewhere.

"We are seriously getting that hyperdrive fixed, or I'm getting us another ship..."

JJ rushed for the loading ramp and put his legs on the platform above Nar Shaddaa as soon as he could. It wasn't solid land, but it was a solid platform. He didn't feel like he was about to die standing there. Without a single thought, JJ started heading toward the entertainment district. He knew his father very well, and knew where he would likely suggest a meeting.

"My dad ever take you to the fluffy nexu?" JJ grinned as he looked back over his shoulder to Kes.

She was not going to like the place. She might have some Zeltron in her, but it was more her mother's type of place than his. The flashing lights, the skimpy looking waitresses, and all the booze anyone could want. When Judah played the role of a scoundrel, this was where he came.

"Do try to blend in, hmm?"

[member="Kestrel Dray"]

"Sure it's a little creaky, but it got us here didn't it?" Kestrel knew her ship was a work in progress...but it was the first thing she'd ever owned herself, and she was quite proud of her piece of junk. "Didn't work at all before I fixed it. I'd say for going from not working at all, to pulling us through hyperspace, that it did well."

Digging from the small satchel she brought along, Kestrel pulled out a new set of gloves and yanked off the old ones. The right was noticeably longer than the left, its purpose obviously to cover up her cybernetic. Kestrel waited until JJ vacated the vicinity before exchanging her right glove, then fastened the straps once he did. Throwing the bag back over her shoulder, she followed after JJ.

"Hey, I blend in just fine. You're the one wearing Jedi robes." she pointed out, shoving her hands into the pockets of her leather jacket as she descended the ramp.

It wasn't that she felt uncomfortable being here, it was actually the opposite.

That was what made her feel twitchy, and when she got twitchy, things happened that were often beyond her control. Not being raised around Zeltrons made it hard for her to control her pheromones, and there'd been times of stress where she'd released them as a defense mechanism. She sighed, hoping that wasn't the case tonight, but the possibility was there.

The place was too familiar feeling, reminded her too much of growing up on Tatooine. Though, she'd wager there was a lot more sand there. Suffice to say, that hadn't been a pleasant experience and was lucky when Judah found her and took her under his wing.

She owed JJ's Dad a lot, and hoped he was alright. With her Mom missing, and sisters in the wind, Judah was the only family she had in this cold and unforgiving galaxy.

"Well, JJ. Lead the way to the Fuzzy or...Fluffy...whatever, Nexu."

Creaky was an understatement, but he wasn’t about to say anything, especially after she explained it hadn’t been working when she bought it. JJ could appreciate a woman that didn’t mind getting her hands dirty and find themselves elbow deep in grease. He was smiling, legitimately and sincerely.

“Well, I’ll give you that then. Tell you what, I’m as Corellian as my parents, and as much a ship snob as my mom. I can tell you every part this ship should have in it by name and can fix it blindfolded. Since this is my home for a while, I’ll pay rent by fixing what I can. Sound fair?”

JJ wasn’t about to assume that just because they were on a mission together that Kes had to take care of him. He could pull Loren than his fair share of the weight, and why shouldn’t he? The gloves, the difference in their length, was noticed. Again, JJ didn’t say anything, but he knew all too well what that could be. His father was missing the same arm, and had a prosthetic as well. Over the years the older Jedi had managed to ensure it had a few tricks up his sleeve, literally.

Of course he had to stick his tongue out when the Jedi robes were mentioned. He was going to stick out like a sore thumb, but JI didn’t care. He shrugged as he walked toward the club, which Kestrel wasn’t going to miss. The neon sign displayed a half naked woman riding on a fluffy nexu, thus the name.

As they walked in, the beating of the music assaulted them. JJ wasn’t sure he’d ever been in a place quite like this ever in his life. Of course this wasn’t his first time, but the Fluffy Nexu has no equal, except for the Violet Blue, but Judah stayed away from Zeltros. Apparently the old man had a weakness for Zeltrons, or a certain one rather.

He could feel the eyes on him, which was good. It would keep them off Kes perhaps. JJ walked up to the bar... what was it his dad always ordered. It was something unique... right...

“Vodka Martini, twist of lemon, shaken...”

He’d never seen his dad drink, just order it. Everytime, someone always came out of the shadows and greeted him. JJ hoped this worked. He patted the seat next to him and motioned to Kes.

“Whatever she wants too...”

"You want to fork out the credits to fix my ship?" she asked in disbelief. "I've replaced half the parts with whatever I could salvage, but new parts? That's...yeah. Have at her!"

Finances would be tight enough with having another mouth to feed, and The Rebel Dream was one jump away from going kaput. Not that she was going to share that information with JJ.

Together they rolled into the Fluffy Nexu and Kestrel slid into the stool next to JJ's. It was the same old same old as any other Cantina in the galaxy, and the exchange between JJ and the barkeep was pretty common as well. Not really anything to raise the alarm over.

A slight grin touched her lips.

"I'll just take some lum, if you have it."

She took the glass set in front of her and welcomed it to her lips, passing a glance over to JJ after his drink was delivered.

"Hopefully we're not here on some bogus le--- Well, now...speak of the devil and he shall appear."

No sooner did she start to speak and a man came waltzing through the crowd, appearing to be looking for someone. Kestrel had the feeling that they were the ones.

She swiveled a bit in her stool and took another drink, nodding her chin in the direction of the stranger approaching.

"I mean you want us to stay alive right?"

It wasn't a matter of finances to JJ, it was about keeping them alive. She didn't have to tell him they were one jump away from seeing the ship torn into pieces. The Corellian Jedi was the son of two very mechanically inclined parents when it came to ships. That was why he was impressed Kes had gotten the ship to work. It was actually an attractive quality in her. Sure, she was attractive, and the slight amount of pheromones she produced were more than what JJ was used to, but he had always been attracted to people for more than their looks. The one time he let his hormones get the better of him, well, it led to a lot of pain and hurt. Maybe it was a good thing it happened at a young age, but it also wasn't. JJ kept using it as an excuse to be oblivious about his own feelings, or that of someone else.

He smiled at Kes' drink order. It was kinda plain for such an exotic looking person. Nothing about her screamed that she embraced her Zeltron heritage though, which was interesting. It likely was the influence of his dad in her life, something he was still a bit jealous about. They were both still at a loss about why he left though. Judah was going to come back with some quick quip about this being a dead end when Kes noticed someone walking toward them.

"I've seen my dad do this before... it really is his system. I'm surprised you didn't know?"

Maybe there was something about Judah that they shared which Kes did not. That made him feel a bit better about things. Her head nodded toward the man, and Judah looked over her shoulder as he took a drink of the martini that was placed in front of him. What JJ forgot was that Judah never actually drank the martini. He choked down the liquid as it burned his throat. Yeah, he should have stuck to ale or even better, tea.

"You're Judah's kid... and you must be Mags kid. They said the two of you might be coming along to find them..."

JJ looked confused. Right. So the set up that had him missing wasn't a set up at all? He ran off with... Kestrel's mom? He shot a glance over to Kes that suggested things were a lot more interesting and complicated than they realized. At the same time the man slid a data stick over to Kes.

"I was told to tell you kids to beat it... but I think they're in over their heads on this one. Don't tell them I gave this up, but they were headed to Denon. Turns out the two of them misplaced something there and really seemed desperate to find it. Can't tell you what, but that's all I got. They left three days ago."

The man nodded and walked off, leaving JJ stunned as to how easy that was. He looked to Kestrel.

"So I guess that means we are going back to the ship? I hope you can get us one more jump to Denon. We are gonna lose time if I have that ship fixed now. Maybe I can tinker with it on the way, but that hyperdrive is what concerns me. Also... you're right about the robes. I think I need to get something different on the way."

He slid off the stool and tossed a couple of credit chits on the bar, more than the drinks were worth, and offered a hand to Kes.

"C'mon let's go find out what our parents are up to..."

[member="Kestrel Dray"]

“Just because he’s my Master, doesn’t mean he shares everything with me.”

Kestrel gave with a short shrug.

She waited patiently as the man explained what they were to do, and where her Mom and Judah were headed. JJ looked at her with some surprise. Kestrel was, too. But did not deign any outward response, keeping a placid expression on her face as to reveal nothing of her thoughts on what was going on.

Behind her mask? Long forgotten hurts were suddenly brought churning up to the surface. She knew it was silly and knew her focus needed to be on the mission. Judah could still be in danger, the man had said they were probably in over their head, but hearing that Magena was in on this had Kestrel swallowing back some emotion. Most of it, purely anger.

She was strangely quiet following JJ out of the Fluffy Nexu.

“The hyperdrive?” she said after the door closed, like she was coming out of a daze. “Right…” she shook her head, scolded herself silently to get a grip. “She can handle at least another jump. Just tell me what you need and I’ll see what I have lying around on the ship to get it fixed up. “

The majority of the trek back, she was less than chatty. Her mind was a conglomerate of many racing thoughts. Was [member="Kenara Dray"] with their mother? Why hadn’t she come to get them like she said? What was Judah doing with Magena, anyway? And...more importantly…

“What do you think is on Denon?”

Denon... it didn’t feel right.

JJ walked along side Kes listening to the fact her ship was good for one more jump. They were silent for a while, thoughts stirring inside Kestrel’s mind that Judah did not want to dig into. It wasn’t his business to get into. Yet something was bothering her to a degree that only someone who had experienced something like could understand.

“They won’t be on Denon... Dad used to have business on Telos with your mom. There is a guy there...”

He didn’t talk about the mother bit. JJ knew the look, it was the same one he had when pressed about his absentee dad.

“Can we make it to Telos...”

[member="Kestrel Dray"]

When Judah told her they should go to Telos, Kestrel felt a sensation in the Force that seemed to agree with him. Her head canted slightly to glance over her shoulder.

"One jump to Telos..." she said, murmuring beneath her breath with a sigh. "Ready or not..."

By this point, she didn't need to tell the other Knight to strap in, he should already know that from the last experience. Yanking gently on the yolk of The Rebel Dream, she lifted off the ground and cruised into the atmosphere. With some rattling, shaking, and a loud 'crack', the freighter disappeared to hyperspace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any interaction between Kestrel and JJ during the ride was limited to repairing whatever broke next on the ship, it would be unfortunate if it ripped apart before they reached Telos, but beyond that, she kept to herself. They weren't friends, and barely acquaintances. It was a safe guess that when this was all said and done, they'd go their separate ways and back to whatever they were doing individually before this.

"We're coming up on Telos, starting landing procedures. Let's get this over with, hm?"

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
The ship landed without any issue, and after a few days of searching for Dothan Judah and Magena had finally found them. He could only hope that [member="Judah Lesan Jr."] and [member="Kestrel Dray"] had gotten the trail of breadcrumbs that he had left behind for them to follow. The two were smart and he knew they would be looking for him. There was a lot he was going to have to apologize for, to both of them, but Judah knew this was the best course of action. They would find them, and Dothan would no longer be a problem.

At least that's what Judah thought.

"I don't believe my eyes... you went and got Lesan?"

Judah just shook his head.

"You're surprised by this... she said you were up to your old tricks again, and the last time we met I promised you that it would not end well for you if you pulled any kind of similar stunt again."

"But I have many times since you left... and you're just here now." His eyes popped over to Magena. "Did you even tell him that you pulled him in on this because I have your son?"

Judah looked to Magena, and sighed. Dothan was going to monologue.

"I bet he doesn't know that he's the father then too... yeah, Magz I knew. Ran the DNA myself when I nabbed our kid. See this is what we now call leverage. You're going to pay, or the kid dies."

Judah’s eyes went wide with the knews as it felt like he was hit in the gut with a brick. Aspen was his son, and now Dothan has his fingers in him. A look of betrayal was shot toward Magena as she only given him half the truth again, and then darted his eyes back to Dothan. He gulped as his eyes shifted back to Dothan hearing the threat. Judah walked up to the man, without any words, and ran his lightsaber through the man's gut. As Dothan was dying Judah scanned the man's mind for the location of his son, and kicked the lowlife off his blade without a second thought.

”Why do you think I’m here...”

This was the old Judah, the one Magena had first met, except now he was also a Jedi.

"He's in the brig. He is safe. Why didn’t you tell me we had a son?”

[member="Magena Dray"]

Magena looked mortified when Dothan revealed that he knew about Aspen, feeling the pain of the truth she’d withheld rolling off of Judah. A flicker of emotion stole across her features, but she managed to push those feelings down. She couldn’t lose her nerve right now, not until ---

Everything happened more quickly than she’d anticipated, and Dothan's body fell to the ground in a heap. The man who had built himself his own criminal empire, who had tormented her and her family’s life for so long, was in an instant cut down by his own grim reaper, wielding a green scythe. She looked at Judah, who had delivered the fatal blow and back to the crumpled corpse. It was a more gracious end than he deserved.

Her boot slid underneath the body to flip over the thin man, watching the hardened features soften as life slipped from his inky-black eyes.

Magenta eyes shifted back to Judah, hearing the evident weight of his words from this latest betrayal, pierce her heart.

“And what would that have changed?” she bit back, “You chose your path, and by the time I found out, you’d already moved on. I did what I thought I needed to, to protect all of us. He doesn’t know that you’re his Dad or even that you’re alive.” Magena let out a breath. “Let’s talk about this later, right now we need to get him out of that brig.”

[member="Judah Lesan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom